Sign in to follow this  
montana

Deep Sleepers...I'm talking Coma!

14 team 20 man Roster

Looking for a deep DEEP sleeper. Like Rip Van Winkle deep sleeper.

Went RB heavy early & took Romo early (6pt. all TDs). WRs are "iffy" at best.

Just to give you a small look at how deep I'm talking: guys like Decker, D.Moore, A.Brown, Berrian, etc.... guys that are at the very bottom of a 50+ cheatsheet...if even listed at all. LOL

Sleepers?

Emmanuel sanders and antonio brown are not deep sleepers anymore.

early doucet, bernard berrian, victor cruz,

Taiwan Jones - RB Raiders

Da'Rel "Not Darrell" Scott - RB Giants

Marcus Easley - WR Buffalo

If you're looking for a guy that might not emerge for a few weeks anyway, why not keep your eye on Mark Clayton? I think he's PUPed for 6 weeks, but he was a top 10 WR in the couple of weeks he played with Bradford last season.

Eric Decker was supposed to have worked out with Fitzgerald and Orton all summer, and then was supposed to be pretty good in camp.

Eric Decker was supposed to have worked out with Fitzgerald and Orton all summer, and then was supposed to be pretty good in camp.

:pointstosky:

Roto:

Aug 16 - 10:30 AM - Coach John Fox said that WR Eric Decker has "just taken off."

Decker has been running as the "Z" receiver on the outside and also as a slot man. It's not out of the question to think he could pass Eddie Royal, who has been nursing a hip tweak, to start in two-wide sets. "I'm expecting big things from [Decker]," said Fox. The second-year man is on our radar as a flier.

I think his upside may be limited by Fox's offensive philosophy, but when we're digging this deep, no one's going to be in a perfect situation.

anthony armstrong WAS... put a couple of nice games together last year... he could be worth a flier simply during weeks they play the cowboys awful secondary :thumbsup:

I would say look at backups on teams, like J Harrison in Detriot, if the owner didn't grab him. I think Douglas in Atl would be a good one.

Carolinas RBs like to get hurt, whats the #3 goodson? He was playing good for a while, when they both went down.

Sanzenbacher looked good in Chicago in the preseason, in a PPR league probably is best...But you never know.

Did anyone draft Momas Wr in Clev? People had been drafting Little, but not him, due to him not playing in my league...Smith the #3 RB, he could see playing time due to injuries this year.

Terrell Owens and Randy Moss, just in case.

Earl Bennett all the way.

Earl Bennett seems to pop up on these lists every year.. especially since cutler came to town and was supposed to have chemistry with him from their vanderbilt days. I just dont buy it.. i think its pretty clear that he will never really be a viable option for fantasy squads.

I'm a fan of Harry Douglas and Eric Decker in deep leagues. Keep an eye on the Gore as well, Kendall Hunter has the makings of a solid NFL back if given a chance.

Here is how i'd rank them based on talent and situation.

Emmanuel sanders

Antonio Brown

Earl Bennet

Eric Decker

Bernard Berrian

Brandon Gibson

Early Doucet

Harry Douglas

Victor Cruz

Brandon gibson is someone i am taking a close look at. Like the story. 3rd year player, close to 50 catches last season. Good worth ethic and being talked up by the coaches. But behind MSW, Amendola. I'd say 70 catches is the upside. More if one of MSW and Amendola gets hurt. In an offense that airs it out a lot.

I own both sanders and brown in one league and sanders in another , both ppr. Early doucet could be a nice sleeper if kolb's accuracy is what they say it is, i like his chances to be the #2 guy because he sounds like a coach's favorite.

Victor cruz has not made any noise this year so far. But a promising talent none the less.

Here is how i'd rank them based on talent and situation.

Emmanuel sanders

Antonio Brown

Earl Bennet

Eric Decker

Bernard Berrian

Brandon Gibson

Early Doucet

Harry Douglas

Victor Cruz

Brandon gibson is someone i am taking a close look at. Like the story. 3rd year player, close to 50 catches last season. Good worth ethic and being talked up by the coaches. But behind MSW, Amendola. I'd say 70 catches is the upside. More if one of MSW and Amendola gets hurt. In an offense that airs it out a lot.

I own both sanders and brown in one league and sanders in another , both ppr. Early doucet could be a nice sleeper if kolb's accuracy is what they say it is, i like his chances to be the #2 guy because he sounds like a coach's favorite.

Victor cruz has not made any noise this year so far. But a promising talent none the less.

Good list, and I agree with pretty much everything here, except I'm a bit higher on Douglas this year. He flashed a few years ago before shredding his knee. IF Atlanta is as pass heavy as the preseason indicates they might be, I like Douglas to develop into a nice bye week/injury fill in. I'd put him just below the PIT WRs.

Cruz has shown talent, but I noticed a couple times this preseason Eli having to direct him on the field. No biggie, but it does show the kid isn't exactly sure what's going on out there. Someone to keep an eye on for later in the year at any rate.

Derrick Thomas

Keep an eye on this guy. WIll probably be the starter in Green Bay next year and possibly the third down back this year.

ALEX GREEN

Andre Roberts in Arizona is worth a look.

Gibson/Clayton worth stashing too there is value and alot of owners are scared because it has been so muddled. Clayton had scary chemistry with Bradford last year and he did it after walking in off the street. But I think he is on the PUP for first 6 weeks? Gibson has been getting some love from the coaches I have been stashing him on my teams if I can find room.

I would also consider Crayton from San Diego, he probably is taken if your league is that deep but if he isn't I would snag him in a heartbeat.

What about Legedu Naanee? He was pretty good in San Diego and Riveria the new coach is familiar with him, problem is I am not in love with Newton but if this is a deep keeper league this might be a smart pickup if you have a deep bench for late season and next year. You have to figure being the #2 oppisite S.Smith and a tall reciever he would rapidly become a favorite target of Cam's.

The two young Steelers receivers seem to be getting alot of attention lately, but barring injury, Ward will still be sucking up too many targets for Sanders or Brown to have a major fantasy impact this year. Look at Wallace's numbers from two years ago as pretty much the ceiling on a #3 Steelers WR: 39/756-6. The team would really have to be over the moon with one of the young guys to demote a popular veteran like Ward. Not likely. They will certainly have some breakout games, but those will be mixed in with too many 2/30-0 type days.

I would be more inclined to go with guys who are known starters on their team or at least don't have an entrenched veteran in front of them.

WR I'll add votes for Eric Decker and Jason Hill..

TE Dorin Dickerson (or Dennis Pitta, whichever locks it up in Bal...I'm leaning towards Dickerson as the better threat)

RB Alex Green...have to include Hunter in SF (though not many of us are asleep on him AND he just beat out fat turd for #2 behind Gore...Gore goes down IMO)

QB............with Garrard out in Jax the time is soon for Gabbert.. could be he has 10 games and ppg avg that makes him a marginal #1...just 40-50 dinks to MJD could yield gold

I would be more inclined to go with guys who are known starters on their team or at least don't have an entrenched veteran in front of them.

Kinda not the topic captain obivous....

Thanks guys. I didn't expect so many responses. I appreciate it.

I've decided on McCluster, A.Brown & L.Kendrick. I can start upto 3 TEs (1 TE with 2 Flex WR/TE). I took Brown for his possible upside & McCluster for his flexibility (espn has him at both rb/wr). I'm keeping my eye on Decker.