Sign in to follow this  
lexdizzle

Randy Moss

Rotoworld:

WWLTV.com reports Randy Moss is a "player of interest" for the Saints, and was spotted at the team headquarters on Saturday.

With Marques Colston expected to miss over a month with a broken collarbone and Lance Moore week-to-week with a groin injury, the Saints have a need at receiver, and have apparently set their sights high. Moss is said to be amendable to un-retiring if "the right opportunity presented itself," and that's certainly something the high-octane and contending Saints would seem to represent. Stay tuned. :unsure: :banana: :unsure:

You would have to think if they've brought Moss in for a look that the injuries to either Colston or Moore are more severe than the team is letting on right now.

If there's one thing I've learned about fantasy football, and the NFL in general; where there's smoke there's fire.

Barring Moss being a whiny baby or Payton realizing he's a cancer, he'll be a Saint by Monday. Which means you have to grab him today.

Moss with that offense would be ridiculous in the Red Zone. He can't burn everybody anymore, but he can still go up and get it in the end zone.

I just stashed him in every league because a guy like that is a 2nd round draft pick off the waiver wire.

He was rostered in 2 leagues but I'm stashing him over E. Sanders for now.

Hopefully Sanders doesn't blow up b/c the last person I dropped, Jordy Nelson, sure blew up in my face.

Waiting until midnight tonight, so I can drop my kicker, yet still use him tomorrow. Hope nobody else really catches on to the news for another 3-4 hours in my league. My WR's are weak, but I got a lot of young potential breakouts in hopes one sticks.

Fingers crossed.

I just added him in 4 of my 5 pay leagues. One of the leagues I didn't have anyone to drop that was worth the risk. It can't hurt to add him if you have room. He could blow up under the Saints offense like he did in New England or he could blow up the locker room. Plus, Moss usually does great his first year on good teams. I'm also betting that Moss needs the money and with him being 34, this would be his last chance to earn.

Should i drop G.Little for Moss?

in one league it has to be Little.

In the other it would be B.Tate or RB D.Carter.

I have Arrelius Benn, Robert Meachem, Denarius Moore, and Antonio Brown... And I'm not dropping any of those guys for a rumor. No matter how great he can be. However, if you can drop a kicker or defense as soon as your week's lineup is set, then its worth the risk (just my opinion).

Should i drop G.Little for Moss?

in one league it has to be Little.

In the other it would be B.Tate or RB D.Carter.

Considering I just made the decesion to cut E. Saunders I'll chime in. I would drop Little for him. I mean Moss on NO is has more upside (TD upside specifically) than a rookie who may develop at some point. Even if he does Little won't be more than a WR 3/flex/bye week guy.

Tate/Carter would be tougher for me to cut. Depends what your team needs are. Tate's value is marginal if Foster is healthy and we don't quite know what to make of that situation. I wouldn't cut him. Carter probably lost value with Peyton going out. If I had to choose, and needed a wr prospect, Carter would be my cut.

I have Arrelius Benn, Robert Meachem, Denarius Moore, and Antonio Brown... And I'm not dropping any of those guys for a rumor. No matter how great he can be. However, if you can drop a kicker or defense as soon as your week's lineup is set, then its worth the risk (just my opinion).

Dude I would cut Moore in a heartbeat.

So does that mean you're comfortable letting go a guy with upside who is actually playing, for Randy Moss who may or may not have been working out throughout the offseason and who has less than a 50% chance of even playing a game this year?

So does that mean you're comfortable letting go a guy with upside who is actually playing, for Randy Moss who may or may not have been working out throughout the offseason and who has less than a 50% chance of even playing a game this year?

Where are you getting your percentages?

I just stashed him in every league because a guy like that is a 2nd round draft pick off the waiver wire.

I kind of agree with your sentiment, but there is no way that Moss would've been worthy of a second round pick. the only reason I bring it up is because saying something like this effects who might get dropped for him. All he can do is run fly patterns. Even if he does sign with the Saints he's not going to do more than a Stevie Johnson type of guy.

As a Saints fan, I don't even want him to sign.

Where are you getting your percentages?

I think if it was more imminent like everyone else thinks, it would be a bit bigger news. I'm not trying to spout things out, trying to come off as if I know something, but I wouldn't drop a promising WR for a guy who isn't playing right now. Defense or kicker, sure.

Is this a legit source? My link

League sources have told NFL Network's Jason La Canfora and Michael Lombardi that a published report claiming retired wide receiver Randy Moss was at the New Orleans Saints team facility Saturday is not true.

New Orleans television station WWLTV previously reported Saturday the Saints had interest in Moss and the receiver was at the team’s facility Saturday, citing several sources.

The league sources told La Canfora and Lombardi that the Saints have no current plans to sign Moss.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8221b94d/article/despite-published-report-saints-will-not-sign-randy-moss?module=HP11_headline_stack

Randy Moss is not done playing (his words in the off season). I think he plays a few more years.

Here's rotoworld:

'WWLTV.com reports Randy Moss is a "player of interest" for the Saints, and was spotted at team headquarters on Saturday.

With Marques Colston expected to miss over a month with a broken collarbone and Lance Moore week-to-week with a groin injury, the Saints have a need at receiver. Moss is said to be amendable to un-retiring if "the right opportunity presented itself," and that's certainly something the high-octane and contending Saints would seem to represent. However, multiple outlets have reported Moss' agent Joel Segal was unaware of any such visit, which casts serious doubt on whether or not it actually happened.'

Maybe this'll turn out to be nothing. But in my estimation I'm happy cutting a WR, Sanders, who if things pan out great will turn into maybe a solid WR 3 this year. He won't ever see my lineup ahead of Dez Bryant or Santana Moss baring injury.

If Moss doesn't sign no biggie. If he does, he goes to one of the best offenses in the league. One that A. Takes shots deep:which suits Moss and B. When not taking deep shots, kind of dinks and dunks there way to the endzone often resulting in red zone opportunity, which moss is also suited for.

Again this is probably a lot of hype for nothing but I'll take a chance at Moss + Brees if it means loses a wr flier...of which there are many.

League sources have told NFL Network's Jason La Canfora and Michael Lombardi that a published report claiming retired wide receiver Randy Moss was at the New Orleans Saints team facility Saturday is not true.

New Orleans television station WWLTV previously reported Saturday the Saints had interest in Moss and the receiver was at the team’s facility Saturday, citing several sources.

The league sources told La Canfora and Lombardi that the Saints have no current plans to sign Moss.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8221b94d/article/despite-published-report-saints-will-not-sign-randy-moss?module=HP11_headline_stack

Just read the same report. Move along folks. Nothing more to see here.

so, which one is right. I'm guessing NFL.com report is much more reliable.....

IF NFL.com knows so much, then why don't they say whether or not Randy Moss was in New Orleans at the Saints facility. Fact is, they didn't deny that he was there, so if he was there as was reported by local News station, then the Nfl.com could just be being fed those reports by the Saints to keep the price down.

I heard contract talks broke down when coach Payton informed Moss that he would be expected to run hard on every play.

:lol:

I dont care that he is not playing. if it shakes out would rather be the person who snagged him, or the person who sat by and watched another person get a wr2/3 at worst with wr1 upside? If he stinks drop him!

Hope he signs but if not, i only dropped K.Collins in one league for him.

Eli and Kolb are my top 2 QBs but i do need WR help.

IF NFL.com knows so much, then why don't they say whether or not Randy Moss was in New Orleans at the Saints facility. Fact is, they didn't deny that he was there, so if he was there as was reported by local News station, then the Nfl.com could just be being fed those reports by the Saints to keep the price down.

New Orleans is not that big of a place that if Randy Moss were to visit the facility down town that the local news would be wrong about that. I think I would err on the side of the local folks vs the NFL. I'm with Gepetto on this one. The local news isn't reporting it if it didn't happen.

Here's some news:

AdamSchefterAdam Schefter

New Orleans GM Mickey Loomis on rumors of Randy Moss visiting Saints today: "Absolutely no truth to it. It's a made-up story. Zero to it."

59 minutes ago

AdamSchefterAdam Schefter

RT @hoopsn80smusic: Is it true Randy Moss visited Saints today? ... Spoke to Saints and one of Moss' reps; neither knows anything about it.

1 hour ago

http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter

It is too bad that all my leagues waivers are locked down since Thursday. I wish the NO story had broke on Tuesday. If any of my leaguemates were as gullible as some of you guys, I'd have loved to pick up some of the players that have been dropped for Moss!

Randy Moss is not nearly the same player he once was; Randy moss is a known team cancer. Why in the world whould you guys think that Sean Payton would have ANY interest. He's not quite the same coach as Brad Childress was.

It amazes me the kind of false reporting and zero accountability these media outlets operate under.

I havent stopped puking since the news broke about Manning missing 3 months so I just dropped P. Manning for moss.. Maybe something good will come from Mannings injury..Moss signs and scores 15 TD's ...that will make me stop puking I hope

No link, but I'm sure I saw Sean Payton interviewed today by what must have been a Spanish news station. I think he really felt defeated about that opener in Green Bay.

He just kept repeating the same thing over and over: "no mas, no mas".