Sign in to follow this  
envoy9

OK, Who are the Week 1 waiver studs?

Our league's bids start tomorrow... I've got to think Devrey Henderson and Scott Chandler lead the lists. Thoughts?

Cam Newton, I have a roster spot and will probably stash him just in case it wasn't a total fluke

But really don't think anyone is worth breaking the bank for,

Cam Newton

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Cadillac Williams

Jermaine Gresham

None of those guys are really worth going all in for though, IMO.

Don't waste a waiver on PK.

And if you were only carrying one PK? There are 32 teams in the NFL. If you're in a 12-teamer, this means there could be 20 more of them out there. Which, I believe, is the reason you don't waste a draft pick on a backup PK.

And if you were only carrying one PK? There are 32 teams in the NFL. If you're in a 12-teamer, this means there could be 20 more of them out there. Which, I believe, is the reason you don't waste a draft pick on a backup PK.

Not for sure what he meant, but I took it as pick up the kicker later in the week and don't waste your first pickup of the week/season on a kicker. :unsure:

Plaxico Burress is looking like a good pickup.

Plaxico Burress is looking like a good pickup.

:unsure:

I drafted and started him in a 10 team league. He's owned in 100% of ESPN leagues.

Plaxico Burress is drafted in most leagues BUT he goes so late and absolutely got no respect. ( I read articles that said he was barley draftable??) In my draft he was one of the last WR to go and guys were grabbing the Andre Roberts and Steve Breastons before Burress who people forget was a #1 WR in both fantasy and real football. he looks like his old self and will be a steal for owners.

Back to the topic. I say Fred Davis if Cooley plays hurt all season. He can be a top 15 TE if he was the starter,

Doug Baldwin?

Yeah ive never heard of him either.

Jeff King

Ed Dickson

Although i dont know how excited i am about TEs who just happened to catch a TD pass in week 1.

Rex Grossman.

I feel dirty just typing that.

Let's take them one at a time

Cam Newton - He played his way on to rosters, but I seriously doubt you'll see too much more of that. What he proved is he can make defenses pay that stack the box. That's good enough for him to make a fantasy impact.

Randall Cobb - If you like him and are very deep sure, but don't be suprised when he disappears for the next 3 games.

Karim Deji - If you don't have MJD why? He didn't do anything even as a change of pace guy and that's usually when guys like him pick up yards since the defense isn't expecting them to actually touch the ball.

Fitzpatrick

Early Doucet - I never understood why he wasn't on rosters anyway. He's fairly hit or miss, but I'd rather have him over guys like Sanchez any day of the week.

Cadillac Williams - Best guy out there since he's a feature abck until Jax comes back.

Jermaine Gresham - I like him, but he won't be facing the Browns every week. Nice bye week fill-in type.

Plaxico - should be on rosters already

Fred Davis - A time-share guy not worth picking up.

Eddie Royal - I don't care if he goes off tomorrow night. Nope.

Doug Baldwin - One week wonder-esque. Let him be.

Jeff King - Hell no

Ed Dickson - If Heap couldn't amke himself fantasy relevant there, I doubt Hickson will either.

Rex Grossman - Half the Giants defense is in the hospital. Don't read too much into that performance.

Dexter McCluster. Especially in PPR or where he has dual eligibility. KC got plastered in this game and played from behind all day forcing Cassel to go to the air 36 times. Dexter still got his ground yards on 4 carries and multiple catches, imagine if they were able to play their brand of ball which is relying on the running game.

Dexter McCluster. Especially in PPR or where he has dual eligibility. KC got plastered in this game and played from behind all day forcing Cassel to go to the air 36 times. Dexter still got his ground yards on 4 carries and multiple catches, imagine if they were able to play their brand of ball which is relying on the running game.

That's the problem. I drafted Charles, Jones and McCluster last year .... just to cover all the bases. There was a lot of talk about how Haley had plays designed just for him .... well I guess those plays sucked because even in a return yardage league, McCluster wasn't worth shiat. Neither was Ted Ginn ... and look at what he did today. You never know how a player might progress. McCluster today, fumbled a KR, and he's in a crowded backfield. He looks rosterable .... but I'm not waiving Randy Moss just yet.

KC, as a team ... looks confused.

dont really see any must haves. seems like most of the guys listed here would sit the bench for most people unless you are pretty desperate.