Sign in to follow this  
donhaas

Shonn Greene

What the eff is his problem?

I need him to do much better than he is doing....

Somebody give me a reason to start him, please :shocking:

TIA! :cheers:

You should probably start him because he'll get more carries than your fifth round pick, John Kuhn.

Not a big fan of Greene, but last week was an anomaly. The Jets fell behind and went into pass mode. Against JAX, I think they control the game and use Greene to bleed the clock. He should be a good play this week.

I'm no Hatchet Troll, but that's my take.

:dunno:

I mitigated my RB3 risk in my 3 leagues and only fell for the Greene hype in one. Went Blount and Beanie in t'other 2. I'm gonna hold this stiff and hope for a big week and look to sell a package at some point. Hopefully he has that big week and if it's on my bench, so be it.

I have him too. It's my own damn fault, he screwed me last year too. Unless someone takes out LT I think we're screwed.

Redtood told me to draft him.... I thought he knew something about the AFC Least.... ugh

I'm hoping that if we keep talking bad about him that he will blow up..... kind of like our own personal "Dumb & Dumber" thread :thumbsup:

not screwed the guy is ranked high because he is a tank...!!! he will get the goal work & that lil biatch lt will go down @ sum point this year...greene use to run over people @ iowa...and he will be doing the same this year

The Jets running game is still living off of the 2009 numbers. Currently on offense they are in a transitional period where they want to be able to THROW the ball and win games with Sanchez. Their running game has really gone down the crapper over the past 2 years.

You should probably start him because he'll get more carries than your fifth round pick, John Kuhn.

Kuhn and I are great friends in real life... We compare body fat reduction strategies at fancy John Kuhn Foundation Galas (JKFG). :doublethumbsup:

I mitigated my RB3 risk in my 3 leagues and only fell for the Greene hype in one. Went Blount and Beanie in t'other 2. I'm gonna hold this stiff and hope for a big week and look to sell a package at some point. Hopefully he has that big week and if it's on my bench, so be it.

Blount is a similar back in a similar situation on a worse team. I'd rather have Greene to be honest simply because the Jets won't be trailing as often as TB. As someone already pointed out last weeks game was an aberration. The pass/run ratio was heavily skewed because they were playing catch up. If the Jets play their game, that includes 25+ rushes on the ground. LT looked better because he was was being utilized more. This week, it will be Greene who is being utilized the most. I'd buy low on him outside of PPR.

Green just doesnt seem to have it. I was so angry at our draft since I had Green on my short list and another owner snagged him two picks ahead of me. I was pissed. Now, Im pretty sure ending up with Beanie Wells instead will end up being the best move I didnt make or whatever :)

Well.... here's something positive-ish...

Jets coach Rex Ryan said he intended to run the ball more in Sunday night's win over the Cowboys.

Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan was constantly blitzing, leading to 44 Mark Sanchez pass attempts versus 16 running plays. "I don't want our numbers to ever be like that," Rex said. Look for Shonn Greene to push for something closer to 18 carries against the Jaguars on Sunday

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=5118&line=212746&spln=1

I sure hope sunnier days are ahead for S Greene becuz I just traded C Benson for him and I'm hoping it'll pay dividends!!

Dallas' D was pretty good, there were no holes. That said Greene has zero creativity or moves. He needs a hole to run through.

I'm starting him this week hoping that NY does better against Jacksonville, a D that shut down Tennessee's running game last weekend.

If Rex Ryan is seriously considering hitching his wagon to Sanchez, I think the Jets will be average at best. I look at that team with a good D and a shaky QB thinking they need a strong running game.

Ryan has said he hated the pass/run ratio in the Dallas game and plans to even that up.

Well.... here's something positive-ish...

Jets coach Rex Ryan said he intended to run the ball more in Sunday night's win over the Cowboys.

Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan was constantly blitzing, leading to 44 Mark Sanchez pass attempts versus 16 running plays. "I don't want our numbers to ever be like that," Rex said. Look for Shonn Greene to push for something closer to 18 carries against the Jaguars on Sunday

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=5118&line=212746&spln=1

Pure BS.

Never listen to Rex.

Dallas' D was pretty good, there were no holes. That said Greene has zero creativity or moves. He needs a hole to run through.

I'm starting him this week hoping that NY does better against Jacksonville, a D that shut down Tennessee's running game last weekend.

If Rex Ryan is seriously considering hitching his wagon to Sanchez, I think the Jets will be average at best. I look at that team with a good D and a shaky QB thinking they need a strong running game.

Ryan has said he hated the pass/run ratio in the Dallas game and plans to even that up.

The JETS should have lost their game at HOME versus the Cowboys this weekend. They looked like a very average right now.

Kuhn and I are great friends in real life...

You are a very interesting geek. I wish I had your life.

We compare body fat reduction strategies

Despite seeing pictures that indicate otherwise, I will blindly believe that you are a chisled specimen of manliness. There may not be another internet stranger I want to be more like than you.

at fancy John Kuhn Foundation Galas (JKFG). :doublethumbsup:

Does the JKFG have an internet forum I could join?

Pure BS.

Never listen to Rex.

Rex may try and feed the other team BS but getting the running game going this weekend makes sense in a number of ways.

Mark Sanchez took a precautionary concussion test following Sunday's win over the Cowboys.

Sanchez passed the test, but it speaks to how badly he got beat up by the Cowboys. Look for the Jets to take a much more conservative, run-heavy approach against the Jaguars this week.

I'm probably rolling with Greene another week.

Redtood told me to draft him.... I thought he knew something about the AFC Least.... ugh

I'm hoping that if we keep talking bad about him that he will blow up..... kind of like our own personal "Dumb & Dumber" thread :thumbsup:

Yet you ignored my recommendation of Gronkowski and grabbed Mercedes Lewis. :nono:

You also ignored my Stafford, Britt, Fitzpatrick, Wells and Steve Johnson picks.

I did think Shonne Greene would be better.

:cheers:

Despite seeing pictures that indicate otherwise, I will blindly believe that you are a chisled specimen of manliness. There may not be another internet stranger I want to be more like than you.

Well, that picture of a very bloated me shooting stick with Najeh Davenpoop can be explained.... That was before I went on my liquid diet....

I have a thousand "skinny" pictures of myself... I just chose to post that picture because I felt I could best impress a forum full of anonymous dudes by showing my close kinship to a journeyman back-up running back best known for leaving a growler in a girl's closet...

Unfortunately, the liberal media really blew that "chubby" picture out of proportion.... I blame Obummer :thumbsdown:

He burned me last week, too. At least I know what to expect from him. I think he'll be a solid backup, but is not an every week starter.

The Jets running game is still living off of the 2009 numbers. Currently on offense they are in a transitional period where they want to be able to THROW the ball and win games with Sanchez. Their running game has really gone down the crapper over the past 2 years.

This is an excellent take. The Jets are a different team than the one which rode Thomas Jones three years ago. One thing definitely missing is Alan Faneca's leadership on the offensive line. He was a big reason behind that success running the ball that season. I think Greene is one of those backs which gets better the more carries he gets, he really isn't an explosive runner. He needs to wear you down. Unfortunately, he may rarely get in that rhythm with the current Jets offensive philosophy.

Rex may try and feed the other team BS but getting the running game going this weekend makes sense in a number of ways.

I'm probably rolling with Greene another week.

Me too - I'm giving Shonn another shot. I'm a NYJets fan. IMO, the problem is not Shonn, but the run blocking. Our line can't make a run lane for anything. In 2009, when Greene rushed for 5.1 ypc, he had lanes. He's not a guy who will create his own holes, ie. Peterson (FAR from AP!), but if he gets a little bit of daylight, and he can hit his 2nd gear, that's where he's dangerous, and that's not happening.

And I'm not sure that will happen with this O-line. I am hopeful as a Shonn owner, though.

Me too - I'm giving Shonn another shot. I'm a NYJets fan. IMO, the problem is not Shonn, but the run blocking. Our line can't make a run lane for anything. In 2009, when Greene rushed for 5.1 ypc, he had lanes. He's not a guy who will create his own holes, ie. Peterson (FAR from AP!), but if he gets a little bit of daylight, and he can hit his 2nd gear, that's where he's dangerous, and that's not happening.

And I'm not sure that will happen with this O-line. I am hopeful as a Shonn owner, though.

Adam Horovitz - my favorite BB of the 3 by far.

Folks,

Stop over thinking. This is not a pound and ground team any more. If REX really spoke the truth in training camp, then the JETS would had gotten another fresh leg in the backfield. Let's be honest. Does anyone think LT at the age of 32 can really take part in a true ground and pound offense? I doubt he can hold up carry the rock 10-15 times a game for 16 weeks. Started breaking down after week 6 last year.

Now, let's look at their 3rd option. Joe McKnight. He's nothing more than a 3rd down cat right now. If Greene were to go down, this ground and pound offense would be completely grounded UNLESS this offense has NO intention of being ground and pound. This is now a passing team with all the intention of being about to hang with their AFC foes (Pitts, NE and the Colts) through the air.

Week 1 is not an anomaly.

Folks,

Stop over thinking. This is not a pound and ground team any more. If REX really spoke the truth in training camp, then the JETS would had gotten another fresh leg in the backfield. Let's be honest. Does anyone think LT at the age of 32 can really take part in a true ground and pound offense? I doubt he can hold up carry the rock 10-15 times a game for 16 weeks. Started breaking down after week 6 last year.

Now, let's look at their 3rd option. Joe McKnight. He's nothing more than a 3rd down cat right now. If Greene were to go down, this ground and pound offense would be completely grounded UNLESS this offense has NO intention of being ground and pound. This is now a passing team with all the intention of being about to hang with their AFC foes (Pitts, NE and the Colts) through the air.

Week 1 is not an anomaly.

If that's the truth, the Jets will take a step back. I have little confidence in Sanchez to lead this team to victories.

If that's the truth, the Jets will take a step back. I have little confidence in Sanchez to lead this team to victories.

He did have a few 4th quarter come backs last year and the Jets pulled one out of their a$$ in week 1. Seems to be working with Sanchez.

He did have a few 4th quarter come backs last year and the Jets pulled one out of their a$$ in week 1. Seems to be working with Sanchez.

Maybe. 26 for 44 with an INT in the first game isn't impressive though. And the Cowboys secondary has injuries and was terrible last year. I've watched Sanchez play and I'm not impressed. I think he will crap it more than win it if he needs to this year.

Youve made a lot of sense till now, but that game was more Romo's to lose than Sanchez' to win. Tony has been getting flagellated here in dfw this week. The Cowboy secondary is pathetic. Just awful. But still, i do see a shift in the Jets offensive mind frame. My take, if they're not going to give Green the rock 20 times they may as well sit him. He's just one of those guys who needs the carries.

I was a little bothered about Green not having better rushing totals but I can understand why.

The Cowboys were without 3 starting D-Backs and the Jets were having great success throwing the ball

because of it. They weren't about to stop doing what was working. The runs from time to time were nothing more

than to slow the Dallas rush a little. Each game will have a different game plan that will be put in according to

the weekness of that teams defense. No different than what any other team would do but in this situation the Cowboys hardly

had an answer to the Jets passing game. Although the Jets def/ST played a major part Sanchez did hang right in the pocket

all night long and chewed up the Cowboys secondary. Very nice to see.

Also Ryan, the other guy, was run blitzing a lot. This was alluded to in post game by the Jets Ryan as a reason they did not run more.

Different year, same excuse. I drafted him too but he's riding pine until I see more. I swear to god if JAX goes up 3-0 in this game then Rex will do nothing but throw the ball.

I don't see any indication that he is going to be the premier back for the Jets right now and it sure as hell did not look it last year in that AFC champ game when he tore it up

and donut boy kept giving it to LT. We (including me) put a lot of faith in the draft table on a guy that only had 2 touchdowns last year.

The Jets were no that far behind the other night to just abandon the running game and I disagree that the passing game was working all that well. It sure as hell did not keep

Romo off the field and DAL lost that game - the Jets did not win it. I don't think Shonne is the problem - I think it is Rex. For now - can't use him until I see more. I

am starting Reggie Bush over Greene this weekend. Just my .02.

I had a bad feeling about him this year since he did the same thing last year when given the same opportunity. This year so far Tomlinson still looks like the better back. He really needs to bounce back strong.

This week's NYJ game is soooooo predictable: NYJ will get an early lead and Green will demolish JAX the rest of the way. This is the perfect rebound game for Shonn. I predict a 2 TD day for Green :headbanger:

+1 except for the Jets fan part.

This week's NYJ game is soooooo predictable: NYJ will get an early lead and Green will demolish JAX the rest of the way. This is the perfect rebound game for Shonn. I predict a 2 TD day for Green :headbanger:

Also this.

This thread and those sour on Greene are a perfect example of overvaluing results, particularly when the sample size is small. It is flawed thinking. Situation, circumstances and randomness dictate what numbers a player, particularly for an RB used almost exclusively in the run game, will put up in a particular game more than anything else. Clearly the run game last year was solid, so the Jets are certainly capable of putting up numbers in that department. The situation this year is that Greene will be the 1st, 2nd and goal line back rather than just spelling LT like he did last year, a situation Greene hasn't been in much other than (other than his dominant games in the playoffs a few years ago, granted without LT taking some carries, and also a few games last year, with LT). In a game where the Jets run the ball 1/2 the time instead of 1/4 of the time like they did against the Cowboys, he will put up solid stats. In a game where the Jets dominate and run 2/3 to 3/4 of the time, he might have a huge game as he should have 25+ touches.

He is certainly capable of breaking long runs if he gets into space, as he has shown the ability to run away from people. However, he has not shown the ability to create holes on his own like AP (as someone else mentioned). So his success will depend largely on 1) opportunity, which he should get and 2) the o-line performing competently and opening up some holes, another likelihood, even if it may not be as consistent as many of us had hoped.

I'm starting him this week with confidence over Reggie Bush (non-PPR, with Felix also starting over Bush, though with not as much confidence).

He looked slow, plodding, and fell over like a sack of potatoes on contact. LT looks like he's still the man and was on the field significantly more than Greene. Greene will be on the bench until he shows some signs of life or I run out of roster space and part ways with him.

Let's not get crazy with the 2009 stuff, without looking into it I guarantee the Jets were amongst the top team in the league in rushing yards in 2010.

It's clear who the best RB in the team is... And that Ryan wants his HoF RB healthy in the postseason when it matters most.

That bodes well for Green's regular season / fantasy season prospects. I don't care how bad he is, with that defense, with that OLine... Greens value will be solid from where he was drafted.

Let's not hit the panic button quite yet.

I had a bad feeling about him this year since he did the same thing last year when given the same opportunity. This year so far Tomlinson still looks like the better back. He really needs to bounce back strong.

I was kinda forced into drafting him based on value (5th round) I assume the rest of the guys in my league had him on a do not draft list or somthing?? as my 3rd RB and a poss flex play I still have faith.. that said last week was a mess!! I am playing either James Starks or Mark Ingram ahead of him this week till he shows me somthing!!

I would not be shocked to see him on a waiver wire or two if he dosent do somthing in the next few weeks! (not my waiver wire btw)