Sign in to follow this  
Matt Mueller

Anyone have Forte as a # 2?

I was surprised to constantly see Forte ranked below the likes of 'Gore, Sjax, Turner' ect and happily targeted him as a #2.

Having not missed a game in 3 years, starting to blossom in the Martz offense and with a great defense behind him I have a feeling he's going to be a part of many fantasy playoff teams this year.

Lock top ten back imo and late first round pick next year.

I locked up Rice/Forte and McFadden/Forte and am currently feeling great.

Anyone else land Forte as a #2?

I was surprised to constantly see Forte ranked below the likes of 'Gore, Sjax, Turner' ect and happily targeted him as a #2.

Having not missed a game in 3 years,starting to blossom in the Martz offense and with a great defense behind him I have a feeling he's going to be a part of many fantasy playoff teams this year.

Lock top ten back imo and late first round pick next year.

I locked up Rice/Forte and McFadden/Forte and am currently feeling great.

Anyone else land Forte as a #2?

Wanted to, never reached me in the 2nd. Wound up with Gore instead.

the team I like the most is my 10 man redraft

vick

bradshaw

forte

roddy white

d jackson

gates

gould

green bay

:thumbsup:

He was a first rounder in both my big $$ leagues. Both are 12 team, TD heavy so the first 24 picks are 90% RBs. I agree he will move up into the top 5 on our boards next year though.

I have Forte and Ray Rice in a PPR league. Doesn't get much better than that.

Forte is my second back. Was drafted in the 4th round!!! Rice is my first as well

Hey man, injury aside, SJax and the rams rushing offense looked great week 1. I expect good things once he comes back.

With that said, yes, Forte makes an amazing #2 :cheers:

Yep I got Dmac first and then Forte and needless to say I am happy with both at this point... :thumbsup:

I was worred about MBIII and overlooked him in drafts.

Same. And his size/durability. I think he's a perfect "sell high" guy right about now to the Jamal Charles owner for his #1 WR.

Same. And his size/durability. I think he's a perfect "sell high" guy right about now to the Jamal Charles owner for his #1 WR.

Do you just make up reasons, size and durability? Forte is 6'2 and weighs 218lbs, not to mention he has never missed a game in his career. If you don't like the guy that's one thing, but to make up crazy stats to justify passing him up is another.

And yes, I have Forte as my #2. I targeted him because of his total yardage potential.

I have never seen him play, live. I did not realize he was that tall. Still, he's no Brandon Jacobs (6' 4" 240). I don't really follow the Bears ... I could be totally wrong about Forte .... but he's not the kind of RB that can become a top 5 RB. His ceiling ... I kinda get the feeling ... is about to break.

I don't know what you want out of a back, but Forte has over 5k total yards from scrimmage the last 3 years. He averages over 1600 yards a year on a team that has a terrible offensive line. Not to mention he grabs over 50 balls a year. By these stats alone he is already in elite company. If there is a knock on Forte, it's that he doesn't get in the endzone enough. But I will glady take 150 yards a week out of my #2 with or without a TD.

So I guess I would agree, he is nothing like Brandon Jacobs.

I'm not sure why he would be a sell high at all?

He's on a tear and it dates back to the end of last season.

He's gone over 140 total yards in his last 6 NFL games dating back to 2010.

That includes NY Jets, GB, Seattle, GB, Atlanta, and New Orleans.

But can he keep it up? Does a healthy Marion Barber come in and vulture TDs? He may be this year's Jamal Charles. A guy you could get in the 3rd round, that is gonna be awesome, many weeks this year. I may have undervalued him too. Think I would have taken him in the early third round had I gone say, Calvin Johnson and Aaron Rodgers at 1 and 2. We'll see. I admit that I have not paid much attention to him, and have a less than educated opinion.

Mostly, it's MB3 coming in and vulturing TDs. I mean, what is Forte on pace for right now? Cam Newton is on pace for over 6,000 yards, too.

I wouldn't expect to see this level of touches from Forte, every week, for 16 weeks.

But can he keep it up? Does a healthy Marion Barber come in and vulture TDs? He may be this year's Jamal Charles. A guy you could get in the 3rd round, that is gonna be awesome, many weeks this year. I may have undervalued him too. Think I would have taken him in the early third round had I gone say, Calvin Johnson and Aaron Rodgers at 1 and 2. We'll see. I admit that I have not paid much attention to him, and have a less than educated opinion.

Mostly, it's MB3 coming in and vulturing TDs. I mean, what is Forte on pace for right now? Cam Newton is on pace for over 6,000 yards, too.

I wouldn't expect to see this level of touches from Forte, every week, for 16 weeks.

I just dont understand this rationale.... This dude to me is one of the most consistent producers from the RB spot.. he gets touches running and catching and has nobody to share the back field with. He doesnt miss games and plays with a pretty good QB, problem is his Oline is terrible but that sometimes helps because Cutler has to check it down quick to Forte....

if you dont think cam newton can keep it up that is one thing but Forte in in line for a solid season...I dont have him but if I could get him as my #2 I would be HAPPY!!!

But can he keep it up? Does a healthy Marion Barber come in and vulture TDs?

I used to wonder about Barber. But yesterday I realized. I dont think Forte had a single carry inside the 10 yard line in either of the first 2 games anyway. He still had a great game each time. His only TD was a 50 yarder. He is mainly valuable because he gets so many passes thrown his way.

RunDMC and Forte here. loving the awful, awful gameplanning of the bears wich is pretend to run the ball for a few series, then abandon the run game and target forte 20 times in the passing game. My non ppr league gives 5 pnt bonus for 8 catches so he is a bonafide stud.

all you forte nuthuggers are in for a surprise once barber gets in there..!!!

all you forte nuthuggers are in for a surprise once barber gets in there..!!!

What difference would that make? Forte scores because of total yardage, not TD's. 3 years in the league and over 5k total yards, and Barber is going to change Fortes value? This is about as funny as people saying that Chester Taylor was going to take away from Forte. Barber is about as useful as ###### on a bull, the best he can do for the Bears is stumble for 3 yards and then dance for 15 minutes like he is auditioning for "dancing with the stars". As a Forte owner, I would be more worried about injury than Barber. Mind you, Forte has not missed a game in his professional career.

RunDMC and forte. Got great value on both.

Same here, my 2nd and 3rd round picks.

If Forte keeps this up the question won't be is Forte a first rounder, it will be who goes first overall? ADP, Rice or Forte?