Sign in to follow this  
phins1921

Is Nelson for Real?

With Parrish out for a few weeks, is it worth signing David Nelson? I have AJ Green on my bench still and not sure if I should sign Nelson and start with to go with Andre Johnson and Mike Wallace. Julio Jone started for me this lasy week and did nothing. He seems to be a fav target of Fitzpatrick, over the 1st two weeks. Can he good play continue? Bills play Pats this week.

I'm strongly considering picking him up this week but I'd have to drop Lynch or JStew. I seriously don't think either of them have much value and it may be worth a flyer. Nelson is huge, built like VJax and he plays on a team that throws the ball a lot. Why not? Somebody's got to be this year's Brandon Lloyd.

To me right now Nelson is the most intriguing WR ww candidate, followed closely by Decker. You mentioned the loss of Parish but here's a few more of my thoughts on the situation.

A. I trust Fitz. He's good and they are going to throw. Fred Jackson is good enough to keep defenses honest.

B. He has been targeted nearly equally with Stevie J.

C. It's pretty clear the Pats secondary is horrible so he should be good there. He might even excel in his matchups with the Jets as Stevie should draw Revis.

Word broke today that Roscoe is done for the season, so that helps Nelson's value.

The problem I foresee for David Nelson is that Buffalo runs a spread offense with between 3 and 5 WRs on the field at any given time. Fitz throws the ball to whoever is open (and if no one is open, it goes to Stevie.) For the past couple weeks, David Nelson has been the main beneficiary of that but I have a feeling that Buffalo's #2 WR is going to change on a week to week basis. In week 1, it was Scott Chandler that got a lot of love from Fitz. Week 2 saw Nelson get a ton of balls thrown his way. Next week it might be Nelson... or Donald Jones... or Ruvell Martin. Who knows? I think Nelson is the most talented of the bunch and will have the best numbers come the end of the season but I don't know if there will be any consistancy there. He is worth adding if available and could make a good FLEX option or possible WR3 in a deep league but I don't know that he'll be consistant enough to be anything more than that.

Word broke today that Roscoe is done for the season, so that helps Nelson's value.

The problem I foresee for David Nelson is that Buffalo runs a spread offense with between 3 and 5 WRs on the field at any given time. Fitz throws the ball to whoever is open (and if no one is open, it goes to Stevie.) For the past couple weeks, David Nelson has been the main beneficiary of that but I have a feeling that Buffalo's #2 WR is going to change on a week to week basis. In week 1, it was Scott Chandler that got a lot of love from Fitz. Week 2 saw Nelson get a ton of balls thrown his way. Next week it might be Nelson... or Donald Jones... or Ruvell Martin. Who knows? I think Nelson is the most talented of the bunch and will have the best numbers come the end of the season but I don't know if there will be any consistancy there. He is worth adding if available and could make a good FLEX option or possible WR3 in a deep league but I don't know that he'll be consistant enough to be anything more than that.

All decent thoughts but he has nearly mirrored Stevie in targets/receptions/yardage and I don't see much changing.

Stevie J 20 targets- 18 catches-164 yds- 2 tds

David N 19 targets- 17 catches-157 yds-1td

Week 1, Nelson and Johnson had 6 targets each while Chandler got 5.

Week 2, Nelson had 13 while Johnson had 14. Although Johnson had more targets, Nelson was more productive.

Nelson ended last year hot (last 3-4 games) and has continued to put together 2 good games to start this year. I think he will continue to get targets and is worth a roster spot. And if he can continue to make the best of his targets, he can be the breakout WR everyone is looking for this year.

Who y'all like better, Decker or Nelson?

Neslon. He had contributed with Stevie merely limited by a groin and now they have lost Parrish.

Decker contributed while Lloyd and Royal were out. They might be out for a bit but they will return.

I also trust Fitz more than Orton.

Nelsons situation is concrete. Decker's is fluid imo.

I like Nelson because once Lloyd comes back Deckers numbers will decline. He is not nearly as big as Nelson and it would appear not on nearly as good as an offense.

I like Nelson because once Lloyd comes back Deckers numbers will decline. He is not nearly as big as Nelson and it would appear not on nearly as good as an offense.

I am big on him. Now that we are all on his nutz, how much do we pay for him in auction waiver leagues?

Lets base it off of 100 dollars for the year. This guy worth 25-30 bucks?

I am big on him. Now that we are all on his nutz, how much do we pay for him in auction waiver leagues?

Depends on what you have left. I blew a bunch of my budget picking up Colston when he was dropped so I can't afford to go in on this guy but I let a buddy that really needs wideout help and has all of his budget left know that he would be crazy to let this guy get away. All the indicators for me look like this guy is going to breakout. I would love to have him as insurance for my Stevie Johnson groin concerns but I just can't afford it and I am already carrying D. Branch and Ochocinco and have a week 7 bye week issue to solve. In my league I would think a bid of $11 bucks would probably do it this early but it really depends on how badly somebody needs help. I know another guy who lost both Charles and Austin in the same week. Ouch.

He's worth what you and everyone else is willing to pay for him. :)

He's worth what you and everyone else is willing to pay for him. :)

I just signed him. I'm 1st on ou waiver wire. Now all I have to decide to do is either play Nelson or AJ Green next week.

I dropped Chad85 for Nelson today. I am sold on BUF's offense, Fitz at QB and Nelson as a WR. He seems hungry and is in the perfect situation as already mentioned by other posters in this thread. I am considering starting him over Jordy and Devery this weekend and both of those guys have good matchups if that tells you anything about my confidence in the guy.

The QB situation in Denver (Tebow) scares me with Decker. And the Raiders passing game and QB flat out suck. Thatz why I picked up Nelson. I am thinking 80-1050-7 for Nelson this season. BUF is the new Indy :overhead:

Lance Moore was dropped in my league who should be my #1 priority...Moore or Nelson?

Since Roscoe Parrish is out @ Buffalo and N.O. spreads the ball so much should i go after Moore or Nelson first?

PPR format.

With Parrish out for a few weeks, is it worth signing David Nelson? I have AJ Green on my bench still and not sure if I should sign Nelson and start with to go with Andre Johnson and Mike Wallace. Julio Jone started for me this lasy week and did nothing. He seems to be a fav target of Fitzpatrick, over the 1st two weeks. Can he good play continue? Bills play Pats this week.

Keep AJ Green.... give it time... he will shine

The best thing about Nelson is that he bears the Axe Elf seal of approval. Sign him with the smug confidence befitting a champion.

The best thing about Nelson is that he bears the Axe Elf seal of approval. Sign him with the smug confidence befitting a champion.

is that also considered the kiss of death? :cheers:

What worries me is that SJohnson groin injury is getting worse. If he is out, then you basically have no one to throw to other Nelson and he will be blanket covered.

What worries me is that SJohnson groin injury is getting worse. If he is out, then you basically have no one to throw to other Nelson and he will be blanket covered.

I'll take that problem.

I grabbed him this morning.......and thinking of starting him this week over...*gulp*......Reggie Wayne.

Lord help me.

Per Rotoworld...

David Nelson will be the Bills' full-time slot receiver going forward.

With Roscoe Parrish (ankle) and Marcus Easley (heart) out for the season and Stevie Johnson (groin) hobbled, it's turning into a perfect storm for Nelson. The slot receiver in a Chan Gailey offense is a heavily targeted position and Nelson has excellent red-zone skills at 6'5/220. There's major breakout potential here, starting this Sunday with a plus matchup against the Patriots.

Source: ESPN.com

Sep 21 - 8:41 AM

Would anyone consider starting both Johnson and Nelson?

That's my problem.

My WR options are not great, but I'm not loving that NE matchup after how they shut down Gates.

One BUF WR may do well but which one. I may stick with Stevie one more week he's doing well in his own right thats' for sure.

My WR options are not great, but I'm not loving that NE matchup after how they shut down Gates.

They shut down Gates, but how did the SD WRs do? Yeah. So don't start Chandler, but start both BUF WRs if you have them--unless Johnson's groin turns out to be bigger than we thought. (I mean the injury, ya goofs.)

They shut down Gates, but how did the SD WRs do? Yeah. So don't start Chandler, but start both BUF WRs if you have them--unless Johnson's groin turns out to be bigger than we thought. (I mean the injury, ya goofs.)

should i trade one of L.Moore/Devery Henderson for David Nelson?

If so, which one?

I hate NO WRs, 'cause you never know who's going to do well. However, Henderson has started the season with 2 100-yard games and a TD in each one, so it would be kind of hard to let him go at this point. Maybe Moore comes back from injury and makes Henderson less useful--and maybe not. Nelson is going to be pretty solid week in and week out, so he's someone you want on your team, but you might shop Henderson (while he's high) and/or Moore (on the promise of his return) with each other or with a bench RB or something in a 2-for-1 deal that would land you a single more reliable WR and give you the roster room to still pick up Nelson.

I hate NO WRs, 'cause you never know who's going to do well. However, Henderson has started the season with 2 100-yard games and a TD in each one, so it would be kind of hard to let him go at this point. Maybe Moore comes back from injury and makes Henderson less useful--and maybe not. Nelson is going to be pretty solid week in and week out, so he's someone you want on your team, but you might shop Henderson (while he's high) and/or Moore (on the promise of his return) with each other or with a bench RB or something in a 2-for-1 deal that would land you a single more reliable WR and give you the roster room to still pick up Nelson.

Thanks. i meant "trade" instead of drop.

Nelson was picked up this morning. So to get him it would have to be in a trade.

I'm shopping Henderson around in the league right now but may try shopping both NO WRs together also.

would you drop Amendola for Nelson?

Imagine you are dating Roseanne Barr, and Jennifer Love Hewitt asks you to marry her.

I'd drop Amendola like that.

Imagine you are dating Roseanne Barr, and Jennifer Love Hewitt asks you to marry her.

I'd drop Amendola like that.

Hmmm... which one's the skinnier of the 2?

Do you think he'll produce more points than Bowe or Wayne? It's a tough call.

Bowe has a terrible history against SD. They held McNabb to what 35 yards passing week 1? Brady throws against just about anyone.

Pitt should manhandle Indy but Wayne seems to be a favorite of Collins and they won't run the ball.

I'd give Nelson the start over Bowe for sure.

I'm thinking of running with Nelson over Green. Call me crazy but I love hos matchup aganist the Pats this weekend.