Sign in to follow this  
schmitty34

Is Fitzpatrick A Must Start?

I haven't seen Fitz in the first two weeks but have seen those stats. Hard to beleive, but it sounds like the Bill's O is pretty legit.

Is Fitz a must start agains a NE D that has been pretty terrible against the pass?

With Fitz and Brady slinging the rock I would expect a shootout.

I really like Schaub against NO this week but don't think I can pass on Fitz.

You can pretty much guarantee a high scoring game every time NE steps on the field. With that said, you can expect Fitz to throw a ton in this game as they will be playing from behind.

My guess is 330 yards 2 TD's, 2 Ints or thereabouts.

Yes. And I say this as a Pats fan (sadly). I have Rivers (vs. KC) and Fitzpatrick on a team, which might be one of the only roster scenarios that would give me pause when it came to starting Fitzpatrick.

Against NE last season he averaged about 250 yards with 1 TD. Of course, he also turned it over 7 times in those 2 games. :o

I am not sure that I would be banking on Fitz having a great game this weekend. :dunno:

Against NE last season he averaged about 250 yards with 1 TD. Of course, he also turned it over 7 times in those 2 games. :o

I am not sure that I would be banking on Fitz having a great game this weekend. :dunno:

Henne went from 305-2-3 last year at home vs. the Pats to 416-2-1 this year. The Pats' secondary is nursing various injuries right now. I'm not sold on the fact that Fitzpatrick is the next Montana, but if he's going to hit a wall, it's not going to be vs. the Pats. God I miss Ty Law sometimes.

Henne went from 305-2-3 last year at home vs. the Pats to 416-2-1 this year. The Pats' secondary is nursing various injuries right now. I'm not sold on the fact that Fitzpatrick is the next Montana, but if he's going to hit a wall, it's not going to be vs. the Pats. God I miss Ty Law sometimes.

I disagree, but I will be interested to see what a guy like Nelson can do. The Pats don't like those big receivers this year.

Yes. And I say this as a Pats fan (sadly). I have Rivers (vs. KC) and Fitzpatrick on a team, which might be one of the only roster scenarios that would give me pause when it came to starting Fitzpatrick.

Same boat here Pavlov. Took Rivers early for a reason and for 2 weeks he has been outscored by Fitz on my bench.

Every site I trust has Rivers ahead of Fitz this week but why? KC is a great matchup, but that game is over when the Chiefs bus pulls into town. Why have Rivers chuck it 50 times? Sounds like a game for Tolbert/Matthews after Rivers puts up a couple quick scores.

Fitz on the other hand will be in a complete shootout all day against maybe the worst pass defense in the league. What the hell to do?

Would love to hear your thoughts. I currently have Rivers starting but this decision is tougher than most think.

I have Nelson stashed on my bench too and having some thoughts about starting him and hoping for a real shootout against NE.

I'll likely play it safe with more established guys, but it's tempting to start both Fitz and Nelson and hope for lightening in a bottle.

I'm probably going with Fitzpatrick over Vick (we don't know if he's starting yet regardless, but my gut says he will). I have Stevie as well, but I haven't been impressed with the Pats D at all to this point. I think that the Bills will be able to score against them.

The more I read this thread - the more I wan't to play Fitz over Romo. I haven't changed my roster...yet. Romo in a fitted vest - ugh - it won't take much for him to check out of the game IMO.

I'm waiting until Sunday morning to make this decision.

Same boat here Pavlov. Took Rivers early for a reason and for 2 weeks he has been outscored by Fitz on my bench.

Every site I trust has Rivers ahead of Fitz this week but why? KC is a great matchup, but that game is over when the Chiefs bus pulls into town. Why have Rivers chuck it 50 times? Sounds like a game for Tolbert/Matthews after Rivers puts up a couple quick scores.

Fitz on the other hand will be in a complete shootout all day against maybe the worst pass defense in the league. What the hell to do?

Would love to hear your thoughts. I currently have Rivers starting but this decision is tougher than most think.

At least someone else knows my pain :) What it comes down to anticipated margin. Fitzpatrick has a higher point ceiling for this weekend (for many of the reasons you cite) but Rivers is probably a more reliable start. If your opponent has a weaker team and you have favorable matchups elsewhere, I go with Rivers and hedge. If your opponent is stocked with studs and is a clear favorite, I think you play Fitzpatrick and hope he continues to toss the ball all day long. Fitzpatrick is the highest scoring player on this team by a decent margin and he's been on the bench for 2 weeks, it's killing me.

fyi: 2 Patriot DBs missed practice today.

At least someone else knows my pain :) What it comes down to anticipated margin. Fitzpatrick has a higher point ceiling for this weekend (for many of the reasons you cite) but Rivers is probably a more reliable start. If your opponent has a weaker team and you have favorable matchups elsewhere, I go with Rivers and hedge. If your opponent is stocked with studs and is a clear favorite, I think you play Fitzpatrick and hope he continues to toss the ball all day long. Fitzpatrick is the highest scoring player on this team by a decent margin and he's been on the bench for 2 weeks, it's killing me.

fyi: 2 Patriot DBs missed practice today.

The fact that Romo is banged up as well as Austin, Dez and Felix makes me want to start Fitz but the Bills always suck against NE.

is he such a good start that you would start him over Rodgers? sorry if that's a dumb question, but I've got an important divisional game this week and every decision counts...

Lets not get crazy Ryan.

Not so crazy, going against a depleted NE D in a game where Tom should have NE out to a big Lead with lots of Garbage points for Fitz. Fitz outscored him last week. Rogers is the safer pick and the stud, just not so crazy to think.

The more I read this thread - the more I wan't to play Fitz over Romo. I haven't changed my roster...yet. Romo in a fitted vest - ugh - it won't take much for him to check out of the game IMO.

I'm waiting until Sunday morning to make this decision.

Yet another Fitzpatrick/Romo owner....seems to be a lot of them in this thread. I'm leaning towards Fitz....too many "concerns" over Romo, not just the injury. Who the F is he going to throw to with Austin and possibly Bryant out?? Witten can only do so much.

Not lovin Fitz that much either however...Belichick always finds a way to neutralize the hot hand. Think I'll roll with Fitz but lowering expectations.

I don't know if Fitzpatrick is a must start every week, but you should probably start him this week because New England's pass defense is atrocious. I expect a high scoring game. The Pats might pick Fitzpatrick off a time or two but I'd honestly be surprised if he DOESN'T approach or exceed 400 yards and 3 touchdowns.

Got Vick and Fitz so not sure what to do if Vick plays... Leaning towards Fitz since one hit could knock Vick out of the game.. Whoever I bench will do better than the starter I am sure of that... :rolleyes: <_<

You can never underestimate the importance of garbage time stats in FF...Play Fitz with confidence! :pointstosky:

Just look at the Raiders game last week... Started off like sh!t and exploded in the 2nd half... :banana:

patrick chung just had wrist/thumb surgery. will probably play, but no way he is picking off ne passes with a cast on.

I'm starting the Amish Rifle over Romo this week and I'm a Cowboys homer living in the Dallas area. So as much as it pains me not to play my guy, theres just far too many variables working against him.

1) He may not even play guys. I know the latest talk is about fitting him for a vest, but there is an extreme amount of pressure from the media locally to not let him play this week. The Cowboys just saw a season go down the drain last year when Romo went down. No need to rush him back and risk the season just for a game against the Skins. They have a bye in week 5, the safe thing to do is let him rest the enxt 3 weeks and have him close to 100 percent out of the bye. Having said all that Romo wants to play and I think the Cowboys will let him, but it's tricky cause being a Monday night game, you better have Kitna or Grossman on your roster or you're F'ed at the QB spot.

2) Even if he does play, his weapons are severely limited. No Miles, possibly no Dez, limited Felix. We're talking Ogletree as the #1 and Murray as your only hope for catches out of the backfield. Not alot to work with there.

3) Even if he plays, even if you get a full game from Dez and Felix...look at the history between these two teams, they aren't high scoring affairs. This is gonna be a grind it out, run the ball, play good defense type of game.

If you have a better option I don't see what the question is. I'm rollin with Fitz :headbanger:

There hasn't been a viable fantasy qb in BUF since Jim Kelly. I ain't drinking the Koolaid til mid season.

Are you discounting the fact that he was 10th in ppg last season, tied with manning.

I was planning on starting him over Freeman. I just agreed to a trade for Cam Newton which should clear Saturday, so now I have a bit of a decision to make.

I'm leaning towards Fitz at the moment.

I was planning on starting him over Freeman. I just agreed to a trade for Cam Newton which should clear Saturday, so now I have a bit of a decision to make.

I'm leaning towards Fitz at the moment.

I would as well... I have a sneaky suspicion with all the media criticism of CAR lack of a running game that they try to take a bit of the load off Cam against a very questionable Jag's team.

I like Fitz quite a bit but his recieving options are rapidly being depleted. If S.Johnson is out with a groin injury for any significant amount of time his numbers will take a noticeable dip.

Also you have to wonder what happens to the offense when Winter hits...this just in its cold in Buffalo and the weather there really sucks :shocking: . That aerial assualt might go the way of the Wooly Mammoths in the last ice age and a whole heck of a lot faster.

I would as well... I have a sneaky suspicion with all the media criticism of CAR lack of a running game that they try to take a bit of the load off Cam against a very questionable Jag's team.

That's what I'm thinking. Cam's matchup is almost too good to be true.

Got Vick and Fitz so not sure what to do if Vick plays... Leaning towards Fitz since one hit could knock Vick out of the game.. Whoever I bench will do better than the starter I am sure of that... :rolleyes: <_<

I feel your pain as I drank the Vick Koolaid in one league and picked up Fitz late in the draft as my backup. No way to win this week :overhead:

I like Fitz quite a bit but his recieving options are rapidly being depleted. If S.Johnson is out with a groin injury for any significant amount of time his numbers will take a noticeable dip.

Also you have to wonder what happens to the offense when Winter hits...this just in its cold in Buffalo and the weather there really sucks :shocking: . That aerial assualt might go the way of the Wooly Mammoths in the last ice age and a whole heck of a lot faster.

Exactly the reason I traded for Newton and I'll probably hang onto Freeman as insurance. I've had some baaaaad luck at quarterback in recent years.

Pat Chung is out for week 3... Start Harvard with confidence...

Chung has not been ruled out as of yet. Since he played with a cast at the end of the Chargers game, you are speculating.