Sign in to follow this  
gcmmidwest

Beanie Wells - Hamstring

News: According to the Arizona Republic, RB Beanie Wells apparently suffered a hamstring injury in practice on Thursday, but there is no word on how serious this injury is.

grab chester or am i jumping the gun...?

the one who waits masterbaits...!!! hamstrings just don't heal over nite ...i'm grabbing him

Then why'd u ask?

it was marinating..!!!

For what it's worth:

"Whisenhunt won't be available to discuss Wells' injury until Friday. I don't think reporters will find out much even then. My guess? It's not a severe injury. Wells didn't have the leg wrapped as he came off the field, and he was at his locker for a portion of the media availability period."

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/KentSomers/142888

You guys must have no waiver restrictions and not much depth to pick up Chester Taylor. Not only did Taylor show absolutely no burst last year in Chicago, but The Arizona Republic's Kent Somers believes Beanie Wells' hamstring injury is likely minor. He reported that Wells did not have his leg wrapped as he came off the field on Thursday and made himself available to the media afterward.

Per Rotoworld: "Chester Tayor would probably start against the Seahawks if Wells can't play Sunday, but LaRod Stephens-Howling would also be in line for a few carries as long as his injured hand checks out. Neither would be a recommended play against a Seahawks' run defense that has been stout early on this season."

IMO no real fantasy news here, other than Beanie strained his mangina again as most predicted he would.

IMO no real fantasy news here, other than Beanie strained his mangina again as most predicted he would.

:thumbsup: Exactly my thought. It's desert country after all so you figure he's gonna get some sand up there once in a while.

You guys must have no waiver restrictions and not much depth to pick up Chester Taylor. Not only did Taylor show absolutely no burst last year in Chicago, but The Arizona Republic's Kent Somers believes Beanie Wells' hamstring injury is likely minor. He reported that Wells did not have his leg wrapped as he came off the field on Thursday and made himself available to the media afterward.

Per Rotoworld: "Chester Tayor would probably start against the Seahawks if Wells can't play Sunday, but LaRod Stephens-Howling would also be in line for a few carries as long as his injured hand checks out. Neither would be a recommended play against a Seahawks' run defense that has been stout early on this season."

no it's just when you got d. williams ...,knowson moreno & shonn greene for your starting backs that have scored nothing for you ...you cant help to panic...so i'm reaching a little ...!!! ok alot

no it's just when you got d. williams ...,knowson moreno & shonn greene for your starting backs that have scored nothing for you ...you cant help to panic...so i'm reaching a little ...!!! ok alot

Like Judge Judy used to say when women biotched about their deadbeat husbands: "You picked 'em"

Neither would be a recommended play against a Seahawks' run defense that has been stout early on this season."

Wells will play...though he's always a good candidate to grab his hammy and quit in warmups...but no AZ RB is a good play vs Seattle. Run defense is the one thing they do really well. This is a division opponent, and Seattle is a team desperate for a win. Their greatest weakness, the passing game, should have it's best day of the year vs the Cardinals "defense".

Wells will play...though he's always a good candidate to grab his hammy and quit in warmups...but no AZ RB is a good play vs Seattle. Run defense is the one thing they do really well. This is a division opponent, and Seattle is a team desperate for a win. Their greatest weakness, the passing game, should have it's best day of the year vs the Cardinals "defense".

i agree with your assessment, but not with your confidence that he will play. i've never known a hamstring injury to heal this quickly. occassionally someone can feel tightness in their hamstring and know that, if they keep going, it will strain. that's the only chance here, is that all he felt was that imminent injury. otherwise, if there was an injury, i doubt he'll make it through the game

i agree with your assessment, but not with your confidence that he will play. i've never known a hamstring injury to heal this quickly. occassionally someone can feel tightness in their hamstring and know that, if they keep going, it will strain. that's the only chance here, is that all he felt was that imminent injury. otherwise, if there was an injury, i doubt he'll make it through the game

It doesn't appear to be an injury. Wells tweeted last night that he came out to "rest his wheels". All the local reports are that it's a non-issue.

AZ can't afford to lose what they see as a winnable division road game. If he can walk, he'll play. But as I said, it doesn't matter. Any AZ RB is a bad play this week.

The one good thing about Chester is, he's gotta have the freshest legs in the NFL. When was the last time he had to carry a load?

Seattle has the 22nd racked rush D last year. They give up 118.9 rushing yard per game. In 2011, they are giving up 104...

HOW THE HELL DO YOU SAY THEY DO REALLY WELL defending the run!!!

Seattle has the 22nd racked rush D last year. They give up 118.9 rushing yard per game. In 2011, they are giving up 104...

They probably are holding opponents to a small YPC. But that doesnt matter much when the opponent always has a huge lead and therefore runs 30 times a game. Start Wells if healthy.

Saying they are bad at playing the run because they give up 104 yards rushing per game this seasion is pretty damn deceiving.

I watched them vs the Niners and they did a damn good job containing Frank Gore. They kept the Niners to only 2.7 ypc.

I didn't watch them vs the Steelers, but the steelers ran the ball 35 times with 3.5 ypc.

Saying they are bad at playing the run because they give up 104 yards rushing per game this seasion is pretty damn deceiving.

I watched them vs the Niners and they did a damn good job containing Frank Gore. They kept the Niners to only 2.7 ypc.

I didn't watch them vs the Steelers, but the steelers ran the ball 35 times with 3.5 ypc.

Ok... sounds to me like the Seahawks are a pretty good matchup for any RB. They may have a decent run defense, but their offense can't do squat and they'll be playing from behind all year.

Also, when the Steelers are up 24-0, it is no secret that they are going to run the ball, and defenses don't have to worry about the pass. Players don't get fantasy points for yards per carry.

Arizona may try to take advantage of a weak Seahawk secondary, but will likely play with a lead for most of this one. If Beanie is healthy, he should be in line for plenty of touches. If he gets 2.5 ypc or 5 ypc, he should still put up decent numbers and has a pretty good chance to score a TD.

Wells will get in the endzone every game

Why do you have to go and make comments like that, now I'm about to bench Bradshaw for him...

Why do you have to go and make comments like that, now I'm about to bench Bradshaw for him...

don't overreact until has says he'll have the ball with him when he gets there

This season they're 15th, giving up a long of 20 yds. Their ypc of 3.1 is tied for third best in the league. They've had more attempts against them than all but 4 teams. They've trailed virtually every minute while teams have ground it out against them.

They held Gore to 59 yds and a 2.7 ypc in week one. Pittsburgh got way ahead way early at home and still only managed about 125 yds on the ground.

Sometimes you'll find that this year is more pertinent than last year, and that a look behind the basic numbers into what's really happening in the games would be beneficial.

Wells will get in the endzone every game

hahah, if he finishes the season with anything more than 6 TDs, I will be shocked out of my mind.

hahah, if he finishes the season with anything more than 6 TDs, I will be shocked out of my mind.

He is a third of the way there with 14 games left? Be prepared to be shocked

Read what i wrote again. I didn't say they DO BAD, but to say they DO well is deceiving. This isn't even a TOP 10 rushing defense in the league. I can wager my number 1 fantasy football pick next year for anyone's 2nd rounder if Seattle finishes in the top 10 on rushing D this year.

Any takers? :doublethumbsup:

This season they're 15th, giving up a long of 20 yds. Their ypc of 3.1 is tied for third best in the league. They've had more attempts against them than all but 4 teams. They've trailed virtually every minute while teams have ground it out against them.

They held Gore to 59 yds and a 2.7 ypc in week one. Pittsburgh got way ahead way early at home and still only managed about 125 yds on the ground.

Sometimes you'll find that this year is more pertinent than last year, and that a look behind the basic numbers into what's really happening in the games would be beneficial.

When you are ahead as much as Pitts were in that game, you can afford to STACK the box because you know Mike Tomlin won't be airing it out like Brady and corp. YAC isn't going to explain jack. We'll see at the end of the year what the numbers are.

They finished 22dn overall last year. Was there any significant upgrade on D? I know their Offense is going to hell this year which means D will be on the field even more.

Also, after 2 games they already given up 3 rushing TD. They're on pace to give up 24 rushing TD. That can't be good...