Sign in to follow this  
MR_never.nude

Week 4 D/ST

for those of us who play weekly D/ST matchups, what are some good waiver pickups this week? Just off the top of my head:

MN @ KC

WAS @ STL

BUF @ CIN

NYG @ AZ

Chargers azzfocked a lot of people yesterday so ________ vs K.C. is not a lock.

Of those you listed, Buffalo looks good.

I hate being in this group that has to pick up a new D/ST ever week. I've gotten burned everytime.

Week 1 -- Browns

Week 2 -- Cowboys

Week 3 -- Chargers

Haven't gotten 10 pts in a single week yet.

But I guess Buffalo looks good this week.

As hard as it is to predict defenses, one that might still be available in your league (owned in 36% of all yahoo leagues) is Houston. Even after playing New Orleans and getting torched by Drew Brees in the 4th quarter (they held him to 200 yards, 1 TD and 2 INTs through the third), they are the #6 overall defense, they have been doing extremely well against the pass, and they have this schedule for the rest of the year:

Week 4: Pittsburgh

Big Ben has had his problems with INT (4) to TD (3) ratio.

Week 5: Oakland

Might allow a lot of points, but Jason Campbell isn't hard to defend.

Week 6: Baltimore

Flacco has been susceptible to good pass Ds.

Week 7: Tennessee

The only game where you might need to worry about the opposing QB--but they just lost Britt.

Week 8: Jacksonville

Rookie QB that's sucking.

Week 9: Cleveland

Second-year QB that's sucking.

Week 10: Tampa Bay

Third-year QB that's sucking

Week 11: Bye

Week 12: Jacksonville

Again.

Week 13: Atlanta

Third year QB not doing TOO badly--but has 4 INTs already.

Week 14: Cincinnati

Rookie QB who sometimes sucks.

Week 15: Carolina

Rookie QB who hasn't sucked much.

Week 16: Indianapolis

What other team would you want to face in the Championship Week?

Week 17: Tennessee

Irrelevant to the fantasy season.

So if you can get Houston, you can probly stop changing Ds every week, 'cause there aren't very many weeks you won't have a tasty matchup.

Honorable mention goes to the Tennessee D, which has also been pretty tough on QBs, is owned in 16% of all leagues, and gets Indianapolis and Jacksonville in Week 15 and Week 16, with Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Carolina, and Tampa Bay along the way. (They do have New Orleans in Week 14 though.)

Tampa hosting the Colts should be a decent play, too, if you prefer to roster home teams. Tampa's defensive line got some nice pressure yesterday and should be able to hassle Collins or Painter.

I am rolling with the titans. They have done nothing but produce over the past 3 games and now are going to clevland..Im sticking with the titans

Tampa hosting the Colts should be a decent play, too, if you prefer to roster home teams. Tampa's defensive line got some nice pressure yesterday and should be able to hassle Collins or Painter.

BINGO...they were bringing it to the Birds yesterday ! And, imagine what they can do vs Indy QB :overhead:

I can tell you what I'm NOT doing and that's listening to the experts.

Cleveland Week 1 with Balt on bench (they curb stomped Pitt)

Baltimore Week 2 gets azzforked by Tennessee

San Deigo Week 3 Chiefs give them a run for their money

I am rolling with the titans. They have done nothing but produce over the past 3 games and now are going to clevland..Im sticking with the titans

Was about to post the same thing. Wanted to check their numbers vs the run first.....but they have been solid enough...I might roll with them or the Saints.

NO is back on the waiver wire. They got Jax and Carolina next 2 games. Im gonna have to believe they rack up some points finally.

Yup, I'm gonna try to pick up the Bucs. They're actually the #1 projected defense by Yahoo, if you care for their projections.

Yup, I'm gonna try to pick up the Bucs. They're actually the #1 projected defense by Yahoo, if you care for their projections.

Not sure where the love fest for TB is coming from....theyve given up 400 yards in 2 of those games, and save for a def td...wouldnt have scored even 10 points in most leagues 2 out of 3 games.

They get a bad Indy team....but a team that at times with Painter didnt look too bad. I can see the thought process..but i still wouldnt start them.

Ill roll with the Saints or Tennessee.

Atl vs sea. This is a no brainer guys. Bounce back for the falcs plus sea sucks.

Have my eye on them as well. I'll probably go with Atl or Vikings.

Atl vs sea. This is a no brainer guys. Bounce back for the falcs plus sea sucks.

Well yeah, if they're available. They're taken in all four of my leagues.

Well yeah, if they're available. They're taken in all four of my leagues.

Was going to say....Atlanta isnt really a week to week def...everyone should have them picked up.

PS--I kinda giggle that the 49ers (who i claimed off waivers) is statistically #1 on CBS for defenses....hehe.

I kinda giggle that the 49ers (who i claimed off waivers) is statistically #1 on CBS for defenses....hehe.

Thanx to one productive minute by Ted Ginn, Jr.

Thanx to one productive minute by Ted Ginn, Jr.

Eh 17 points this week isnt bad either.

They are potentially dropable now at this point though with their upcoming sched. Im sure ill have better options each week.

Atl @ sea

Im going with atlanta but they scare me that pass rush is slacking I think they only got about 5 sacks so far.

Min @ kc

Im also considering Minnesota they seemed to be getting good pressure on the lions the first half.

I don't like starting defenses on the road but I have no other choice.

I'm taking a chance at DET @ Dallas. Looking at last night's MNF, it's more the Redskins gave the game away than Dallas winning it. Four hurried snaps, Romo directing WR's to their places. That offense is disorganized and shell shocked right now. Meat for the Lions if they decide to show up.

Not sure where the love fest for TB is coming from....theyve given up 400 yards in 2 of those games, and save for a def td...wouldnt have scored even 10 points in most leagues 2 out of 3 games.

They get a bad Indy team....but a team that at times with Painter didnt look too bad. I can see the thought process..but i still wouldnt start them.

Ill roll with the Saints or Tennessee.

I posted this somewhere else, but TB is a 10 pt favorite and have 41 o/u for odds. Monday night game at Tampa with a rookie QB. whats not to like?

week 3 ATL

week 2 MIN

week 1 DET

ATL and DET are tough teams offensively, MIN had 186 rushing, but only 212 passing.

HOU is also intriguing because there are some serious OLINE issues in PIT. They have really struggle on the road, and HOU did a good job until the end on Brees. Wade Phillips developed a top fantasy D in SD a few years back, and now with Mario Williams moving around this could get ugly for Ben... :ninja:

let's be realistic. teams like NO and ATL aren't available in many leagues, so they wouldn't be an option. i'd say the following teams are realistic waiver pickups for week 4. the question is: which team do you go with?

MIN @ KC

BUF @ CIN

TB VS IND

TEN @ CLE

Just saying...I wouldn't get too excited about Atlanta's defense going to Seattle. Seattle might be viewed as garbage to most people, but they play exceptionally well at home. Not to mention, Atlanta's defense through the first three games has looked like a sieve. They're allowing 261 yards passing and 112 yards rushing. They can't seem to generate a legitimate pass rush either, despite having acquired Ray Edwards.

But, who knows? :unsure:

NO is back on the waiver wire. They got Jax and Carolina next 2 games. Im gonna have to believe they rack up some points finally.

Yep, Saints it is....look at their next 6 games for crying out loud....just plucked them off waivers cause some idiot dropped them at the worst time...I'm rolling with them for a while. First 3 games were vs. GB, Houston and Chicago....very good offenses. Things get MUCH better for NO.

Thoughts on Bucs D vs Colts on monday night?

Read above.

Some like them, some are not as wild.

Just saying...I wouldn't get too excited about Atlanta's defense going to Seattle. Seattle might be viewed as garbage to most people, but they play exceptionally well at home. Not to mention, Atlanta's defense through the first three games has looked like a sieve. They're allowing 261 yards passing and 112 yards rushing. They can't seem to generate a legitimate pass rush either, despite having acquired Ray Edwards.

But, who knows? :unsure:

:thumbsup: Go look at the points allowed and seattle is is around #4 depending on scoring format. BUT they had a huge stinker game 1 and did decent in games 2 & 3, which average it out and make it seem like they have been giving up a lot on def/st. something to think about when ATL travels across the country to SEA.

I claimed New Orleans last night :doublethumbsup: Im off the Cardinals bandwagon again. I was going to pick up TB vs Indy until i looked at New Orleans schedule. Their bye week is week 11 so i wont have to worry about a defense till then. But check out their up coming schedule.

Wk	Date	        Opp	PA-YDS	I-FF	Sacks	TD	Pts
1	09/08/11	@GB	42-399	0-0	2	1	6
2	09/18/11	CHI	13-246	0-3	6	0	22
3	09/25/11	HOU	33-473	1-0	2	0	0
4	10/02/11 	@JAC	-	-	-	-	-
5	10/09/11 	@CAR	-	-	-	-	-
6	10/16/11 	@TB	-	-	-	-	-
7	10/23/11 	IND	-	-	-	-	-
8	10/30/11 	@STL	-	-	-	-	-
9	11/06/11 	TB	-	-	-	-	-
10	11/13/11 	@ATL	-	-	-	-	-
11	BYE	-	-	-	-	-	-
12	11/28/11 	NYG	-	-	-	-	-
13	12/04/11 	DET	-	-	-	-	-
14	12/11/11 	@TEN	-	-	-	-	-
15	12/18/11 	@MIN	-	-	-	-	-
16	12/26/11 	ATL	-	-	-	-	-
17	01/01/12 	CAR	-	-	-	-	-

Rams will win this game.

I'm taking a look at Washington at Stl. Stl is a mess right now and Wash has been playing some really good D.

HOU is also intriguing because there are some serious OLINE issues in PIT. They have really struggle on the road, and HOU did a good job until the end on Brees. Wade Phillips developed a top fantasy D in SD a few years back, and now with Mario Williams moving around this could get ugly for Ben... :ninja:

Pitt is also giving up the 4th-5th most FFpts to team DEF in all three of my leagues. I going to give Houston a whirl in one of them. Going with Washington at St Louis in another, and Carolina at Chicago in the third. Hopefully Charles Johnson and crew can sack Sourpuss Cutler 6 or 7 times :)

:thumbsup: Go look at the points allowed and seattle is is around #4 depending on scoring format. BUT they had a huge stinker game 1 and did decent in games 2 & 3, which average it out and make it seem like they have been giving up a lot on def/st. something to think about when ATL travels across the country to SEA.

Agreed. Atlanta's offense has been anything but formidable this season. 19th in total offense. 18th in passing yards. 19th in rushing yds. Better than Seattle no doubt, but not really good. And its not like like theyve played juggernaut defenses. Philly is 12th in total yds allowed, thats respectable. But Chicago and TB rank 24th and 25th.

In all three of my Yahoo leagues, Seattle is ranked as the worst team vs Team DEF/ST. In all three of those leagues Atlanta is ranked as the 3rd worst. So you could just as easily say playing the Seattle DEF at home is a good play. So maybe the Atlanta Offense gets going against a poor defense,or maybe the Seattle Defense gets itself back on track against an inferior offense. Who knows? Which is why i am staying the hell away from this game.

I'm rolling with Tampa Bay the next 2 weeks: Indy @ TB on MNF and the following week TB plays S.F. As far as playing the matchups goes from week to week, it doesn't get much better than that. :music_guitarred:

I'm torn here because I have the Jets DST and am really not willing to drop them. But looking at their schedule, it's a nightmare. Two games w/ New England, two with Buffalo, one with San Diego, one with Baltimore, two with Miami (which can put up points) and a playoff matchup vs Philly. I'm not liking that at all...not when Texans, Titans, Bucs and Saints are all still available.

:unsure:

Wk	Date		Opp	PA-YDS	I-FF	Sacks	TD
1	9/11/2011	DAL	24-390	1-1	4	1
2	9/18/2011	JAC	3-203	4-0	2	0
3	9/25/2011	@OAK	34-383	0-0	1	0
4	10/2/2011	@BAL	-	-	-	-
5	10/9/2011	@NE	-	-	-	-
6	10/17/2011	MIA	-	-	-	-
7	10/23/2011	SD	-	-	-	-
8	BYE	-	-	-	-	-
9	11/6/2011	@BUF	-	-	-	-
10	11/13/2011	NE	-	-	-	-
11	11/17/2011	@DEN	-	-	-	-
12	11/27/2011	BUF	-	-	-	-
13	12/4/2011	@WAS	-	-	-	-
14	12/11/2011	KC	-	-	-	-
15	12/18/2011	@PHI	-	-	-	-
16	12/24/2011	NYG	-	-	-	-
17	1/1/2012	@MIA	-	-	-	-

I'm rolling with Tampa Bay the next 2 weeks: Indy @ TB on MNF and the following week TB plays S.F. As far as playing the matchups goes from week to week, it doesn't get much better than that. :music_guitarred:

I picked up TB too for this week and possibly next. :thumbsup: