Sign in to follow this  
SuperSteelers

Who is a surprise so far?

I'd have to go with Darren Sproles in my PPR league. Other than the first week, he hasn't left my flex/spot this season. He constantly gets 5-8 catches a game. Hopefully he can get around 7-9 tds this year. Also, I've been pleasantly surprised with Joe Addai. The value I got (6th rd) is better than the likes of Shonn Greene who was suppose to have another breakout season.

Who do you got?

Matt Forte. Yes, he was a second rounder (maybe even early third), but his numbers are ridiculous and nobody could have seen it coming like this. He is the entire Bears offense, and even when he doesn't put up huge rushing stats, he's getting 80 or 90 through the air. Stud. :thumbsup:

fred jackson. i thought the first two weeks were a fluke so i had him on my bench. i picked him up in the 6th round, and so far he's been putting up rb1 numbers. can't argue with 4 straight games of 20pts or more. stud!

fred jackson. i thought the first two weeks were a fluke so i had him on my bench. i picked him up in the 6th round, and so far he's been putting up rb1 numbers. can't argue with 4 straight games of 20pts or more. stud!

Definitely a player I targeted. With our 12-team keeper league, talent is normally slim.

Good surprises:

Beanie Wells - mid/late rounder that is currently balling (except week 3).

Ravens DEF - Took em in like round 10 and they're putting up great numbers so far (except week 2)

Bad surprises:

Mendenhall - Dancing focking freak that blows mule so far. Hamstring injury was the best thing for his owners.

S. Holmes - Sanchez focking blowing hurt his value so bad I dropped him for Nate Washington.

P. Rivers - He gets an honorable mention to put him on notice

Darren Sproles is mine as well. Has really saved my ass with his 18-20 points per game in PPR.

Welker. He was my second WR taken after going RB, QB, WR, RB so I got him in the 5th round in a 12 team league. I don't think anyone expected numbers like he has been putting up.

Ryan Matthews. Picked him up at 6.10 AFTER Tolbert was off the board. Been my 3rd best scorer behind Ray Rice and Calvin Johnson.

Not a "surprise" per say but exceeding all expectations for where I drafted him:

Wes focking Welker

:pointstosky:

I wouldn't say surprises because I specifically targeted them, but I think Steve Smith and Jimmy Graham have paid off nicely. Newton is the biggest surprise. It reminds me of Daunte Culpepper's first few years. He didn't turn into a good real-football QB until 2004, but he was always fantasy GOLD.

Aside from that, the Pittsburgh defense is a big surprise. I'm not a believer in taking defenses early, but their schedule just looked so easy that I seriously thought about it in the 8th round. Glad I didn't. It's still early, but they've looked terrible.

League 1, deep keeper -- AJ Green, whom I grabbed with no real expectations to play, he was more for keeper value. With Williams TB and Holmes being negative surprises, he is firmly in my starting lineup.

League 2, 10-team PPR -- Beanie was my RB4 (after Charles, Hillis, Ingram), I sat him this week because of his hammy but no longer. Also I grabbed Stevie Johnson as my WR3, but he is firmly in my lineup (see Williams TB above). I thought Johnson might have a dropoff with Evans departure, but not so.

League 3, 12-team PPR (IBL) -- Meachem as my WR5; I've started him every week but this past one and he has performed. Also, Benson has been better than I expected.

My biggest surprise so far would be Joseph Addai. Because of his prior injuries/ineptitude, he fell really really late in our draft. He isn't putting up monster stats or anything. But he's played pretty well so far, and he's likely to get even more carries/catches now that Curtis Painter is the starting QB.

:dunno:

Chicagos Defense. Nobody wanted them in my draft. I am benefiting by taking them in Round 14!

headed towards 3-1 despite benching a big game every single week.

I started the year with Freeman and Orton at QB. Now I have Newton and Fitzpatrick. (picked up Fitz after week 1, traded for Newton after the Packer game)

My starting receivers are AJ and Dez, so I'll probably be starting Jordy and Lance Moore next week.

It's been an interesting year so far.

Kenny Britt :wub:

Welker. I drafted him with the 9th pick in the fourth round, as my WR 3 (behind Jennings in the 2nd, and Austin in the 3rd) and he is single handedly carrying me through the CJ2K slump.