Sign in to follow this  
pee-diddy

Ryan Torain

Start him w/ confidence this week?

Beck as the starter (handoff, handoff, handoff, pass, handoff...)

CAR's DEF suxor

WASH should be in the game throughout or ahead

Torain didn't really get a fair shake last week cuz they fell behind early

..how can one have any confidance w/ a Redskins RB. Hightower and Helu will both suit up Sunday too.

I'd advise to "proceed w/ caution" w/ Shannahan's RB's. You predict Beck w/ be handing off a lot, so what makes you think Helu won't get the rock often?

I'm not sayin, ..I'm just sayin'

Start him w/ confidence this week?

Beck as the starter (handoff, handoff, handoff, pass, handoff...)

CAR's DEF suxor

WASH should be in the game throughout or ahead

Torain didn't really get a fair shake last week cuz they fell behind early

Since I face him in each of my two biggest money leagues, I'd say there's a good chance he goes off.

The bigger problem here is that Torain is missing 60% of his line and offers little in the passing game. LT Trent Williams is out 2-3 weeks, C Will Montgomery is moving over to LG to replace Kory Lichtensteiger and the new C is making his first career start. Furthermore, it would not surprise me in the least if Hightower gets the start and is heavily used in the passing game.

Since I face him in each of my two biggest money leagues, I'd say there's a good chance he goes off.

The bigger problem here is that Torain is missing 60% of his line and offers little in the passing game. LT Trent Williams is out 2-3 weeks, C Will Montgomery is moving over to LG to replace Kory Lichtensteiger and the new C is making his first career start. Furthermore, it would not surprise me in the least if Hightower gets the start and is heavily used in the passing game.

Excellent points all around.

The line concerns me. They were rolling before the injuries. Really impressive. And they fell to pieces last week with injury, and then it was a disaster.

Question marks riddle this offense at every position now. As a Skins fan, its going to go downhill fast I think.

So was Philadelphia, but that didn't work out so well last week.

Sure, the flow of the game wouldn't allow for any WAS RB to get anything going. It was a divisional game, a must win for PHI. I saw this type of game coming..I don't see it coming against CAR.

Does anyone think ShannyRat will give Torain 20+ touches this week?

Only God knows what's going to happen with the Shanny RBs this week.

Last week Shanny said Hightower was the starter, and he didn't play a down.

Nobody will know until the first offensive snap of the game for the Skins, as we wait to see which RB runs onto the field.

Vegas should have prop bets on this with odds.

Everyone seems to say "Start Torain!" :banana:

I'm starting Torain even though I have Hightower. The week Hightower got injured, Torain came in and outplayed him. I hope Shannahanigans remembers that. :music_guitarred:

Only God knows what's going to happen with the Shanny RBs this week.

Stupid sentence, just plain stupid.

I have Torrain, and gonna role with Murray and Lynch.....maybe Ingram, yeah my RBs suck.

I have no choice but to start him in my Second Money League since Bradshaw is off.

I expect him to suq.

<_<

I have no choice but to start him in my Second Money League since Bradshaw is off.

I expect him to suq.

<_<

Torain should be a workhorse this week. start him

What makes you think this?

Predicting Shanahan RB decisions is a fool's errand. Gun to my head, I'm taking Hightower. Shanahan has no problem flip flopping RBs and Torian was a severe disappointment vs. a bad Eagles' run D last week. Disappointing Shanahan doesn't usually lead to playing time. Hightower's bad game vs Dallas opened the door for Torian. Torian returned that favor vs. the Eagles.

Reports on CBS Sportsline that Hightower is getting the start, I can't take this anymore. I feel like I have a better chance flipping a coin between these guys.

I'm trying to decide my last flex spot. It comes down to Torain, Julio if he plays (hamstring), Ingram, or Nate Washington.

Right now, I have Torain in my lineup. No idea how it will shake down but I think Torain has the highest ceiling of those I named. Maybe not the safest bet though.

I think Shanny said that Hightower was starting in week 4, when Torrain went off for 19-135-1?

My gut says that Torrain gets one more chance at the start because Shanny loves this guy... Then again, there is no certain answer here.

I am debating Torrain vs Battle vs Tolbert for my flex. Hard call - I actually think that Tolbert is going to have a good day (PPR-Rec.TD) he is due, and Mathews is fragile.

Come on!! 4 ints by gross an doesn't help the train and his chances. Plus they fell behind early. Prolly started throwing more.

Or maybe it's just wishful thinking by me?

I've owned Torain every year since he's been in the league. He always produces when healthy. Last week he was a victim of circumstance. Linemen out, falling behind, cant move the chains and despite that, he gained 26 yards AFTER contact.... for a grand total of 22 yards. You do the math, he was getting hit in the damn backfield. Timmy hightower would have ended up w/ negative yardage. The boy can run with the elite runners in the league, he just can't stay healthy. I believe his offensive line situation is still horrible but going up against the panthers he should be good for about 220 yards and 2 td's maybe 3. He's a stud when healthy.

I've owned Torain every year since he's been in the league. He always produces when healthy. Last week he was a victim of circumstance. Linemen out, falling behind, cant move the chains and despite that, he gained 26 yards AFTER contact.... for a grand total of 22 yards. You do the math, he was getting hit in the damn backfield. Timmy hightower would have ended up w/ negative yardage. The boy can run with the elite runners in the league, he just can't stay healthy. I believe his offensive line situation is still horrible but going up against the panthers he should be good for about 220 yards and 2 td's maybe 3. He's a stud when healthy.

well, i own ray rice, matt forte, and torrain. i start 1 RB. based on your assessment, i am gonna start torrain this week. i cannot pass up 220 and 2 touches.

Been debating between Torain and Beanie for a few days now. Beanie against Pitt D really scares me, but he seems to be the more reliable option. Torain has the highest ceiling, but he could also be a huge bust. Fock!

Been debating between Torain and Beanie for a few days now. Beanie against Pitt D really scares me, but he seems to be the more reliable option. Torain has the highest ceiling, but he could also be a huge bust. Fock!

That is no debate.

Beanie every single time.

Pitt has not been that great against the run and Beanie has done quite well this year.

I have Torrain and Murray in my lineup right now, considering taking one of them out to play Garcon at the flex.

Then have no clue which one of those two I would even leave in the lineup.

Torain is awful in pass protection and doesn't catch the ball well. Not what you're looking for in a RB with a new QB on the field.

RBBC at best. Hightower dominates the touches and Helu gets the third down opportunities at worst.

i'm starting helu over torain and hightower. shanny will never know what hit him as he has screwed me over for years where ever he has coached. i just do the craziest thing that no one expects and bam, you have shanny's strategy.

Torain's time to shine was against the Eagles. He did not. Move along.

Wrong. I will bump this after he puts up 130 and a tuddy on 14 touches.

If you don't start Torain now, then you might as well cut him. I figure you have about 2 more weeks before his knee explodes or his hamstring shreds or something. He has never played 5 straight games in the NFL without getting a serious injury.

At my flex I am debating Torrain & Daniel Thomas....I am rolling with Thomas.

E. Graham v Torain for me. Because Shanny is such a major fantasy duuche, I am going with Graham. (Which means Torain will really get 220 + 2 scores)

Wrong. I will bump this after he puts up 130 and a tuddy on 14 touches.

What's a "tuddy"? Is that what happens when your HC benches you for no explicable reason?

It will very much depend upon the game situation and that is how Shanny will approach it (and smartly always does). Remember, Torain is not so great in pass protection and Hightower gives the 'Skins a much more rounded back that excels in pass pro. With the left side of the line decimated, this is a big deal and we'll see plenty of Hightower in there. With that said, I agree with the earlier comment that Torain could run with the elite if he stayed healthy - he is an absolutely fantastic pure runner (had heard good things coming out of Denver about him but wasn't a believer till I saw it live). So, it will depend upon how the left side of that line is doing and if the game warrants a lot of passing by the 'Skins. As someone SMARTLY said, only God knows who Shanny will use at RB.

IMHO - I think it is a roughly equal mix today b/c I don't see the 'Skins pulling away and trying to protect a lead.

It will very much depend upon the game situation and that is how Shanny will approach it (and smartly always does). Remember, Torain is not so great in pass protection and Hightower gives the 'Skins a much more rounded back that excels in pass pro. With the left side of the line decimated, this is a big deal and we'll see plenty of Hightower in there. With that said, I agree with the earlier comment that Torain could run with the elite if he stayed healthy - he is an absolutely fantastic pure runner (had heard good things coming out of Denver about him but wasn't a believer till I saw it live). So, it will depend upon how the left side of that line is doing and if the game warrants a lot of passing by the 'Skins. As someone SMARTLY said, only God knows who Shanny will use at RB.IMHO - I think it is a roughly equal mix today b/c I don't see the 'Skins pulling away and trying to protect a lead.

I agree with everything you said, except "the only god knows".....I mean, why say that ?

My grandmother (RIP)used to say that all the time, without actually giving it any thought.

Wouldn't it be more logical to say only Shanihan knows, or the OCs, or the players if they had meeting about their strategy, or as the game progresses ? Lets give the Skins and thie Coaching staff the credit they deserve (or don't) for the gameplan that's being put in place....

TY :D

I think I'm playing Lynch and Murray (possibly Ingram) over Torrain, Hightower will be a player today, and they may seriously struggle to score with Beck....there's a reason Grossman was named the starter.....