Sign in to follow this  
Swoboman87

Week 12 Waiver Wire

What's the deal with Addai? I know I dropped him a couple weeks ago, so maybe he's out there in some leagues.

He just had a week off and faces CAR and NWE next and in a PPR league might be a spot start worth 10 points or so. But I don't know what his status is health wise.

I need a rb with McFadden and Starks possibly out.

What should my order on these guys be?

Smith

Dwill-Who I just dropped. :wall:

Gerhart

McKnight?

I need a rb with McFadden and Starks possibly out.

What should my order on these guys be?

Smith

Dwill-Who I just dropped. :wall:

Gerhart

McKnight?

Who is Dwill?

What are thoughts on Marion Barber? Guys gotten tds lately. Bears have said they're going to be running more with Cutler gone. Playing OAK this week. Gonna target Smith and Barber I think.

i'll be burning my pick on roddy white..

yea, 8 man league owner just dropped him last week for percy harvin. As much as I want to pick up kevin smith (best owner) with Roddy's schedule the rest of the way I have no choice but to grab him. I'm number 2 on the list and believe the first position waiver guy won't grab him.

yea, 8 man league owner just dropped him last week for percy harvin. As much as I want to pick up kevin smith (best owner) with Roddy's schedule the rest of the way I have no choice but to grab him. I'm number 2 on the list and believe the first position waiver guy won't grab him.

L-O

L

(for multiple reasons)

Targeting the glamorous add of the Seahawks DST with the Cincy DST turning back into a pumpkin. I mainly need them for their week 14 tilt with the Rams (in Seattle).. but they have a couple other solid matchups from here on out.

Otherwise I need some WR depth while waiting (hoping) for either Julio or Austin to health up.. but the cupboard in my 14 teamer is mighty bare this week, and I pick late.

Good week for RB fliers for sure. One of the best late season WW weeks for that, that I can remember. For WRs.. not so much. :thumbsup:

RB

Smith

Gerhart

McKnight

Ryan Grant (if Starks is hurt)

Charles Clay (yahoo)

WR

Jerome Simpson (if Green is out, great start vs CLE)

San. Moss

DST's:

SEA vs WAS

ARI @ StL

Car @ IND

QB

Leinart (maybe)

Vince Young (maybe)

Guys maybe dropped who could be available:

Brandon Jacobs

Tampa Mike Williams

Driver

Sid Rice

Texans DST

uhhh LOL

If you even consider Kevin Smith over Roddy White please delete your account.

and after you pick up Roddy, tell the guy who dropped him he's a total moron.

/rant.

Guys where would you rank DWill, De Angelo Williams, in the running backs this week?

Say out of Smith, Gerhart, DWill, McKnight, Spiller

Looking at someone to fill in for Starks and my dumb ass dropped DWill last week, thinking my rbs would stay healthy and McFadden would be back soon.

Guys where would you rank DWill, De Angelo Williams, in the running backs this week?

Say out of Smith, Gerhart, DWill, McKnight, Spiller

Looking at someone to fill in for Starks and my dumb ass dropped DWill last week, thinking my rbs would stay healthy and McFadden would be back soon.

Both DWIII & Gerhart haven't done much, McKnight might play a little but Greene practiced in full, and Fred Jackson will probably play so Spiller's back to being a receiver. I'd say Smith, then Gerhart because he has no competition, then DWIII then the others. :dunno:

Both DWIII & Gerhart haven't done much, McKnight might play a little but Greene practiced in full, and Fred Jackson will probably play so Spiller's back to being a receiver. I'd say Smith, then Gerhart because he has no competition, then DWIII then the others. :dunno:

Thanks, that's about what I was thinking. I think DWIll this week might be better, vs Indy, then Gerhart but for the rest of the season it's prob Gerhart.

Roddy White has underperformed all year and its an EIGHT team league

Is it really that LOL worthy?

8 team leagues on the other hand...

looking at spiller if i dont get ksmith or gerhart.

What about McNight? 16 carries 59 yards and 7 catches for 62 yards <_<

From CBS:

New York RB Joe McKnight had 53 yards on the ground entering Week 11, but ended up taking over as the primary back after Shonn Greene left the game in the first quarter with injured ribs. McKnight was playing good until he fumbled a kickoff in the third quarter. He finished the game with 59 yards on 16 carries. McKnight was targeted seven times, catching six passes for 62 yards. Despite his best game of the year, the Jets would lose to the Broncos, 17-13. McKnight also fumbled on a kickoff and the Broncos would recover the ball.

(Updated 11/17/2011).

Fantasy Analysis

McKnight got moved up the depth chart during the week with veteran back LaDainian Tomlinson being inactive for the contest. McKnight has plenty of upside and the Jets may have to get him more involved offensively moving forward. Fantasy owners should keep an eye on Tomlinson and Greene's injuries heading into Week 12 as it will directly affect McKnight's Fantasy value. The Jets face the Bills in Week 12.

How would you guys rank the FA RB's available in most leagues? I like McKnights upside if Greene is out over all beside Smith.

#1-Kevin Smith

#2-McKnight(if Greene out)

#3-Gerhart-He will start but dont see alot of upside

#4-CJ Spiller(if Fjax out)

#5-Addai or Brown if still someone drop during bye

Dwill has a good matchup this week. I would also keep an eye on the Giants' back behind DJ Ware = Da'rell Scott?

What about McNight? 16 carries 59 yards and 7 catches for 62 yards <_<

From CBS:

How would you guys rank the FA RB's available in most leagues? I like McKnights upside if Greene is out over all beside Smith.

#1-Kevin Smith

#2-McKnight(if Greene out)

#3-Gerhart-He will start but dont see alot of upside

#4-CJ Spiller(if Fjax out)

#5-Addai or Brown if still someone drop during bye

agree on mcknight, i just had read greene was already practicing so i'm personally not really considering him. fred jackson's status is still more up in the air. though he prob will play too. i do like donald brown over mcknight and spiller fwiw purely because he should see the ball more and carolina's run def is brutal.

agree on mcknight, i just had read greene was already practicing so i'm personally not really considering him. fred jackson's status is still more up in the air. though he prob will play too. i do like donald brown over mcknight and spiller fwiw purely because he should see the ball more and carolina's run def is brutal.

I claimed McKnight in a couple leagues. He has looked much better than LT this year and with LT being hurt and missing last week there is a good chance McKnight can take over atleast the 3rd down back.

I'd say Smith, then Gerhart because he has no competition,

What about Percy Harvin? The Vikes were using him occasionally as a tailback even when AP was healthy.

Im gonna say it.....i just got this feeling about Harvin this week. I sooo want to start him, but the two PPR teams i own him on are so strong at WR (CJohnson, Welker, Bryant, Roddy, Nicks, Cruz) that i cant pull the trigger. I could see Harvin having a Fred Jackson-esque stat line...something like 15 carries for 75 yds and 8 receptions for 75 yds and a TD and scoring about 30 FF pts on my bench :D

I was going to post who im looking at off waivers but im still laughing that people actually play in 8 man leagues :nono:

C.J. Spiller put up good numbers last year when he was used. If Fred Jackson isn't being used, I'd be tempted to start C.J. Spiller. It's got to be the running scheme Buffalo used this year that made Fred Jackson get those good stats. However, the Jets defense usually stops opposing runners. But what about the week after?

How about Andre Caldwell? If Haden is out, I think hes a great option as last year he burned the browns. Another option out there could be Crabtree, although against the ravens this week I feel he might put up a BIG ZERO!!

I was going to post who im looking at off waivers but im still laughing that people actually play in 8 man leagues :nono:

I play in both 8, 10, and 12. I find nothing wrong with either of them, including 8 team.

Different strategy for all three. :dunno:

C.J. Spiller put up good numbers last year when he was used. If Fred Jackson isn't being used, I'd be tempted to start C.J. Spiller. It's got to be the running scheme Buffalo used this year that made Fred Jackson get those good stats.

Yeah its the scheme.

Since entering the league, CJ spiller has never rushed for more than 63 yards in a game and never had more than 84 yards from scrimmage in a game in his career. In that same time period Fred Jackson has eclipsed Spillers best rushing game 16 times and eclipsed his best yards from scrimmage 15 times. CJ Spiller has 3 career touchdowns, Fred Jackson has scored 13 in the past two seasons. All with the same scheme. All with the same offensive line. If Fred Jackson isnt playing then the Bills are in trouble because CJ Spiller isnt an NFL calibre RB. Spillers only upside is that he has the speed to break one at any time, but even then his career long rush attempt is 26 yards. CJ Spiller is a bust still living off his college and draft hype. Dont be surpised if Jackson doesnt play, that third stringer Johnny White doesnt get equal playing time as Spiller.

Yeah its the scheme.

Since entering the league, CJ spiller has never rushed for more than 63 yards in a game and never had more than 84 yards from scrimmage in a game in his career. In that same time period Fred Jackson has eclipsed Spillers best rushing game 16 times and eclipsed his best yards from scrimmage 15 times. CJ Spiller has 3 career touchdowns, Fred Jackson has scored 13 in the past two seasons. All with the same scheme. All with the same offensive line. If Fred Jackson isnt playing then the Bills are in trouble because CJ Spiller isnt an NFL calibre RB. Spillers only upside is that he has the speed to break one at any time, but even then his career long rush attempt is 26 yards. CJ Spiller is a bust still living off his college and draft hype. Dont be surpised if Jackson doesnt play, that third stringer Johnny White doesnt get equal playing time as Spiller.

well that may all be true but this late in the year i'll take a starting Rb that should get nearly all of the touches no matter what the history is. heres hoping he somehow breaks out.

Addai's on many WW and looks like he's over the hammy issue. He's been cleared to practice this week.

Chris Ogobannya had never rushed for over 100 yards before this year. And after seeing Kevin Smith last week you never know.

I carry 9 rb s on an 18 man team. You just cannot have enuf r b s this year.

well that may all be true but this late in the year i'll take a starting Rb that should get nearly all of the touches no matter what the history is. heres hoping he somehow breaks out.

And right on cue Jackson goes on the IR. And of course just to cement the deal Spiller goes for about 170 and 3 TDs this weekend.

What are your thoughts on Vince Young (i own Eli Manning) and Pierre Garcon (i need a WR3)?

I absolutely cleaned up on the wire this week.

Gerhart

Spiller

DWill

S. Moss

14 team league too...

Who's DWILL? Damien or Deangelo?