Sign in to follow this  
thePRO

Michael Bush Bust?

What are the chances this guy finally has a bad week against a decent rush defense? Percentage wise? I'm thinking he's had 90 carries in 2 games and could finally let up and be bottled up this week against da Bears.

I got Benson and Mendenhall, but it's hard to pass up a 30 carries a week guy who gets goal line Tds...

Any risk with Bush this week?

What are the chances this guy finally has a bad week against a decent rush defense? Percentage wise? I'm thinking he's had 90 carries in 2 games and could finally let up and be bottled up this week against da Bears.

I got Benson and Mendenhall, but it's hard to pass up a 30 carries a week guy who gets goal line Tds...

Any risk with Bush this week?

I'm a little worried but like you said, He's going to get 30 carries.

And now with Denarius Moore possibly being out, Bears just might stack up the box! #@$%

And now with Denarius Moore possibly being out, Bears just might stack up the box! #@$%

That's a bit much no? Sure, teams need to account for Moore but he was hardly established. Just because he can't go doesn't mean Bush will all of a sudden see stacked boxes all day. I think the only way Bush doesn't produce is if he get's injured. He's seen a lot of work recently but that's the luxury of having someone with fresh legs. The pure volume of caries he'll receive almost guarantees some type of production. I don't think you can sit him.

I sat him lst week behind SJAX and threw way 10 points. <_<

I'll probably sit him this week because of the match ups,...Jackson is home against AZ

That's a bit much no? Sure, teams need to account for Moore but he was hardly established. Just because he can't go doesn't mean Bush will all of a sudden see stacked boxes all day. I think the only way Bush doesn't produce is if he get's injured. He's seen a lot of work recently but that's the luxury of having someone with fresh legs. The pure volume of caries he'll receive almost guarantees some type of production. I don't think you can sit him.

True, a bit much, but is there really a deep threat left for Oakland? That always helps a bit no matter what...

Anyways I have to ride it out with him, even if he has a crap 30-40 yd day he has a good chance to get that TD.

It seems to me like you guys are looking for reasons to see Bush fail.

Michael "We've Got Bush" is playing as good as any rb in the league right now. The Raiders o-line, palmer and the play calling have all helped.

Bush produced last week on the road against a vikings team that play the run well. I see no reason why Bush can't produce quality #1 back numbers again this week at home against the Bears.

Easy decision for me...We've Got Bush!

It seems to me like you guys are looking for reasons to see Bush fail.

Michael "We've Got Bush" is playing as good as any rb in the league right now. The Raiders o-line, palmer and the play calling have all helped.

Bush produced last week on the road against a vikings team that play the run well. I see no reason why Bush can't produce quality #1 back numbers again this week at home against the Bears.

Easy decision for me...We've Got Bush!

I'm strongly considering going with Benson vs. CLE, and sitting Bush. My other RB going is Mendy.

He could bust just like any other RB, but it's hard to deny him based on the work he's going to get. Caleb Hanie could put the Chicago D on the field for the better part of this game. Bush could have another 30 carries and he's pretty good at wearing down D's.

He could bust just like any other RB, but it's hard to deny him based on the work he's going to get. Caleb Hanie could put the Chicago D on the field for the better part of this game. Bush could have another 30 carries and he's pretty good at wearing down D's.

Don't ever underestimate the ability of the Raiders to play down to their opposition. In this case, the kid QB, not necessarily the Bears. He could very well have success, and keep this a close game. Have seen it happen far too many times. Having said that, the Raiders are far more apt to play their style of game at home. This means success pounding the ball on offense, taking shots into the red zone, and getting plenty of goal line chances. If they get some turnovers, which is likely with the kid in there, it will neutralize the field position game of the Bears defense, which I heartily respect. The wild card here is the Chicago special teams.

On the sneak... This has traditionally NOT beeen a play in the Raider playbook. I'm still figuring out Hue Jackson, which is important because he is now de facto boss in the organization. My take on the sneak was he just wanted to get Carson in the end zone, get him a little cheddar to get the juices flowing. It's one thing to throw a TD pass, it's another to actually get in the end zone and grab a chance to leap into the Black Hole. I personally wouldn't read much into it, certainly not in the sense of any trends occuring.

Gotta ride with Bush this week.

Don't ever underestimate the ability of the Raiders to play down to their opposition. In this case, the kid QB, not necessarily the Bears. He could very well have success, and keep this a close game. Have seen it happen far too many times. Having said that, the Raiders are far more apt to play their style of game at home. This means success pounding the ball on offense, taking shots into the red zone, and getting plenty of goal line chances. If they get some turnovers, which is likely with the kid in there, it will neutralize the field position game of the Bears defense, which I heartily respect. The wild card here is the Chicago special teams.

On the sneak... This has traditionally NOT beeen a play in the Raider playbook. I'm still figuring out Hue Jackson, which is important because he is now de facto boss in the organization. My take on the sneak was he just wanted to get Carson in the end zone, get him a little cheddar to get the juices flowing. It's one thing to throw a TD pass, it's another to actually get in the end zone and grab a chance to leap into the Black Hole. I personally wouldn't read much into it, certainly not in the sense of any trends occuring.

Gotta ride with Bush this week.

my thinking is (on the 2nd sneak with 12 seconds left) they have a better chance of getting everyone re set and spiking the ball or running another sneak if they happen to not make it than they would if they ran an actual running play.

Can't explain the first one because they still had a TO left.

Still leaning towards benching Bush and going with CedBen vs CLE. Someone talk me off the ledge - either way.

Can't bench him no way. 85 yards and a score book it.

I agree. This guy is a stud right now, it would be very tough to bench him unless you have someone who is just clearly better.

Palmer is too good. he will burn em with another WR if they stack the box too often.

Palmer is too good. he will burn em with another WR if they stack the box too often.

Don't sleep on Chaz Schillens. At one point he was actually very high in the pecking order. Was talking to my brother back in soCal about how fortunate the Raiders are to have this depth at WR just right now. I think they will be fine with Louis Murphy, Schillens, and Housh this week, but obviously they want the speed guys back as soon as possible.

With the way Palmer is playing, if you're in desperate need of a WR2 this week, I'd take a flyer on Schillens.

Oh no...Denarius Moore being out is going to completely change the Raiders' philosophy. LMAO. Carson Palmer isn't a slouch at quarterback. You go ahead and stack the box and let him air one out 40 yards. Geez. Bush will be just fine. Start him as you have since the DMC injury.

Can't bench him no way. 85 yards and a score book it.

Agreed. (Depending on who else on your roster obviously)

Chicago D = 29th in the league in yds per rush att given up(4.9 yds/att)

They are the 10th best D in yards per game, but they have also faced the second fewest rush attempts per game (20.5) If they had faced an average number of rushing att per game, (the 16th ranked team has faced 27.2 att) they would be near the bottom of the league in yards per game also. This season they have allowed their opponent to break 100 yds 6 times in 10 games.

Bottom line, the Chicago D is not the old skool run stifling defense of old. They arent terrible, but certainly not ironclad. Bush will get his.

EDIT: Wrong stat column...stupid me :)

Don't sleep on Chaz Schillens. At one point he was actually very high in the pecking order. Was talking to my brother back in soCal about how fortunate the Raiders are to have this depth at WR just right now. I think they will be fine with Louis Murphy, Schillens, and Housh this week, but obviously they want the speed guys back as soon as possible.

With the way Palmer is playing, if you're in desperate need of a WR2 this week, I'd take a flyer on Schillens.

This is accurate. I spoke w/ the Raiders beat writer this fall and asked him who the best WR was on the team. He said Moore will be very good, but Shillens was the best route runner and best hands on team. I hadn't even heard of him. He hasn't been able to showcase his skills due to injuries, etc. However, he's a quick study and knows how to get open.

Still leaning towards benching Bush and going with CedBen vs CLE. Someone talk me off the ledge - either way.

Ced Ben has one hell of a history against CLE. I honestly don't think you can do wrong with either choice here. Both can easily finish the week with 100 yards and a TD. Flip a coin?

Ced Ben has one hell of a history against CLE. I honestly don't think you can do wrong with either choice here. Both can easily finish the week with 100 yards and a TD. Flip a coin?

How does Mendenhall rank among the three, would you say? I gotta believe that KC will be behind, and Mendenhall should get plenty of work. That's my thinking with CedBen as well.

Of the three, Bush has the feel of having to face the wounded animal. I think Chicago is going to come out determined to limit all offensive production from OAK, to give Hanie and Forte a chance to win this game - and I think it's possible that many happen.

I think I have to roll with CedBen in this one.

How does Mendenhall rank among the three, would you say? I gotta believe that KC will be behind, and Mendenhall should get plenty of work. That's my thinking with CedBen as well.

Of the three, Bush has the feel of having to face the wounded animal. I think Chicago is going to come out determined to limit all offensive production from OAK, to give Hanie and Forte a chance to win this game - and I think it's possible that many happen.

I think I have to roll with CedBen in this one.

The thing that's keeping me from that is Cleveland has been his only solid game this season performance wise. He's had some easy matchups before and he's come up with his usual 60 yards and maybe a TD. It worries me.

Then I look at Bush and it's almost guaranteed he gets 10 more carries than Benson and a couple of more looks in the passing game. Mendenhall, I want to bench because you just never know when he's going to stink or have a huge game. But I'm hoping with Ben's injury they run it a lot more and limit their passing game.

The thing that's keeping me from that is Cleveland has been his only solid game this season performance wise. He's had some easy matchups before and he's come up with his usual 60 yards and maybe a TD. It worries me.

Then I look at Bush and it's almost guaranteed he gets 10 more carries than Benson and a couple of more looks in the passing game. Mendenhall, I want to bench because you just never know when he's going to stink or have a huge game. But I'm hoping with Ben's injury they run it a lot more and limit their passing game.

So...you're still up in the air?

Me too. :dunno:

My gut tells me that Chicago shows up on D in a big way this weekend.

So...you're still up in the air?

Me too. :dunno:

My gut tells me that Chicago shows up on D in a big way this weekend.

In those 6 games against Cleveland, Benson has 2 TDs. Think that's my deciding factor. Bush may get like 25-30 carries for 60 yds but he has a good chance to get a TD. He's got a TD in his last 3 games, 6 on the year. Hoping Hanie makes a mistake or 2 and puts them in good position.

Normally, I would just not worry and go with one or the other, probably hard to go wrong in this choice, but I'm 7-4 going against another 7-4 fighting for the last wildcard spot. Can't afford to mess this up.

I have Lynch and Beenie on my bench but Lynch has a banged up line and Beenie layed an egg against the rams last time so I think Bush is a better play.

Agreed. (Depending on who else on your roster obviously)

Chicago D = 29th in the league in yds per rush att given up(4.9 yds/att)

They are the 10th best D in yards per game, but they have also faced the second fewest rush attempts per game (20.5) If they had faced an average number of rushing att per game, (the 16th ranked team has faced 27.2 att) they would be near the bottom of the league in yards per game also. This season they have allowed their opponent to break 100 yds 6 times in 10 games.

Bottom line, the Chicago D is not the old skool run stifling defense of old. They arent terrible, but certainly not ironclad. Bush will get his.

EDIT: Wrong stat column...stupid me :)

This is brilliant insight. Posts like this really make this board. I think Bush will have a nice solid game. The Raider game plan will ensure it, and they usually play their game at home. But this won't necessarily guarantee a win. On Hanie, sure, he had some success in the NFC Championship game. But those things happen when rooks come on in relief, with the other team getting no serious preparation or film work in. They'll want to minimize him, to keep the mistakes down. I look for a big dose of Matt Forte this game, he may set a career high in carries if they can keep from turning the ball over and keep it close. Also, the Bears special teams will give Oakland fits.

I can very easily see the Raiders losing this game.

Isnt T Jones hurt ?? ALl they have this week is Bush and he might get 35 touches. Lets not forget he gets a bunch of passes also and is active in the passing game. Bush is a must start no matter opponent.

Edit : Yes Jones could not practice this week. Alot of carries for bush. No way I sit a giy who will get all the carries on a team that runs 40 times a game.

(foot) will not dress against the Bears, and Hue Jackson is hinting that McFadden might be eased back to work when the tailback is ready.

Taiwan Jones(notes)(hamstring) didn't take any reps this week, either, soMichael Bush(notes)

figures to lug the mail on Sunday.

:headbanger: .....Thank You My Bush for finally getting a TD,...I may be able to survive BEANIE (career day) this week.

15.20 pts. not as much as i was hoping for but... :thumbsup:

:headbanger: .....Thank You My Bush for finally getting a TD,...I may be able to survive BEANIE (career day) this week.

15.20 pts. not as much as i was hoping for but... :thumbsup:

He should've had two scores, as a swing pass he bulled in was called back for a hold. Typical bullsh*t call on the Raiders. I mean really, was it that blatant? Also, Wimbley was lassood to the ground via a nice horse collar tackle on his INT return that should've given them first and goal from like the 3 and a half yard line, but it wasn't called. He came close another time or two, but didn't punch it in. It was a tough day for Mike Bush.

He should've had two scores, as a swing pass he bulled in was called back for a hold. Typical bullsh*t call on the Raiders. I mean really, was it that blatant? Also, Wimbley was lassood to the ground via a nice horse collar tackle on his INT return that should've given them first and goal from like the 3 and a half yard line, but it wasn't called. He came close another time or two, but didn't punch it in. It was a tough day for Mike Bush.

Bummer,...i could have used another TD

thanks for the info

Woulda been a big bust had it not been for that late TD, thank god!!! Benson was still the better start, but a 4 pt difference isn't too bad although I'm tied 81-81 right now.... :shocking:

I have Lynch and Beenie on my bench but Lynch has a banged up line and Beenie layed an egg against the rams last time so I think Bush is a better play.

Yikes should have benched Bush and McCoy and went with Lynch and Beenie. <_<

Bush had a solid day. The Bears D has been playing inspired ball recently and Bush got every single yard that was out there. If not for a TD called back on an iffy penalty and a couple of other nice runs wiped out by flags, we'd be talking about a big game.