Sign in to follow this  
CornKobb

Big Ben Tonight

Ok boys in girls....do we get the nice game against an inferior opponent in the Browns at home or do we get a mediocre game due to being up and running the ball?

I feel Uncle Ben Roethlisberger has a very nice game tonight. Just a hunch. Going against the #1 team passing defense but that may be a little shakey due to teams being up against the browns and just pounding the rock. Ben is on national tv and has passed for 180 and 170 or so the last two weeks. National stage I say he shows off a bit and spreads the ball around for

290 pass 3tds 1nt. Solid game and very well worth a start.

thoughts?

Ok boys in girls....do we get the nice game against an inferior opponent in the Browns at home or do we get a mediocre game due to being up and running the ball?

I feel Uncle Ben Roethlisberger has a very nice game tonight. Just a hunch. Going against the #1 team passing defense but that may be a little shakey due to teams being up against the browns and just pounding the rock. Ben is on national tv and has passed for 180 and 170 or so the last two weeks. National stage I say he shows off a bit and spreads the ball around for

thoughts?

he and Arians have already said they're using the no-huddle tonight, however, i think if the Steelers get up early, they go run and even sit Mendenhall some in favor of resting up for the Niners next week.

thoughts?

I hope you're right! I'm starting him over Tebow in one league and Palmer in another.

I hope you're right! I'm starting him over Tebow in one league and Palmer in another.

I'm doing the opposite...I'm starting Palmer over a weak Green Bay pass defense.

I'm doing the opposite...I'm starting Palmer over a weak Green Bay pass defense.

That is hard to argue with Smoke, I have the same situation. I just cant get out of my mind that Ben is a better qb imo, His completion % is much higher, and Stafford vs Gbay def at home was horrible with tons of int's and a last second trash td.

Palmer may have more upside but he could also lay a huge egg in Green Bay and I dont fully trust him since its one and done playoff time.

Good luck though....it could payoff. I just dont have the ballllz.

That is hard to argue with Smoke, I have the same situation. I just cant get out of my mind that Ben is a better qb imo, His completion % is much higher, and Stafford vs Gbay def at home was horrible with tons of int's and a last second trash td.

Palmer may have more upside but he could also lay a huge egg in Green Bay and I dont fully trust him since its one and done playoff time.

Good luck though....it could payoff. I just dont have the ballllz.

Yeah..you could argue the case either way. I'm also a Raider fan that has seen Palmer get better each week. It hurts that the Raiders best recievers prolly won't play(Ford, Moore)...but you can bet the Palmer will be throwing a lot trying to match GB's offense.

Note that Palmer's top 2 WR's (Ford and Moore) are looking like they won't play on Sunday. Palmer really struggled last week with both of them out of the lineup, salvaging his day with a big 4th quarter against a prevent defense.

Originally wanted to start Palmer over Eli, but can't pull the trigger knowing the Raiders' top-2 WR's won't play.

I will pass on Big Ben in favor of Stafford who seems to have settle down a little. I think is finger was bothering him and not having the glove on has helped the last couple of weeks. I too think Ben will have a decent day maybe not 350 plus yards though. Looks like the wind will be around 15 mph with gusts of 25+ mph. Home field advantage though so probably won't be a cause for alarm. Just like Stafford more in a dome setting.

ahh yes...this is the "always start your studs" argument.

No, this is the I'll start Big Ben over Carson Palmer every time if they are both healthy argument. Who is Carson throwing to? Big Ben is throwing to a stud with blazing speed, the hottest WR in the second half of the season and arguably the best possesion WR of the decade.

DON'T GET CUTE!

this thread is very helpful in helping me decide.

please keep any updates for the steelers gameplan coming!!!!

we all have the same dilemma - mine is ben tebow or palmer.. I do subscribe to the don't get cute theory as it never has worked out. I've been all over, but Thurs. night games are always weird and I think Big Ben is ready to deliver the goods.

Ben Roethlisberger - I thought he would be awesome this year with Brown, Wallace, Miller, Ward - didn't pan out like that consistently. He plays Browns tonight for first time this year AT HOME atleast. Everyone has been running on the browns and not throwing. THey are statistaically really good i passing because A) Everyone runs B) The only top 12 QB they have played all year is Schaub just once without ANDRE so they ran it

I looked at Bens history and he doesnt do much against them.. About 245 yards and 1.2 tds over his 13 games. I just dont know. Thursday night games are weird. He is my starter but its not like he is a stud where im jinxing myself if i dont play him. Pitt could get up big and then run all game. Or he could have a weird game and do well. Floor is prob 220 and 1.. 15-16 pts. Not good - I'm playong Cam Newton

next option - TEBOW - He's Jesus. All he does is win. I feel like if he is QBing my team for whatever reason hell find away to get me through the first round. No statistical knowledge to back that up. He is playing the bears. They do give up a lot of yards passing and rushing believe it or not. Can he keep this up forever? He has been hovering around 17-20 pts every week but not going off.

Carson Palmer - Playing GB. They are going to be down.. BY A TON.. Oak sec sucks.. terrible. He will prob throw 45 -50 times. If he had Denarious Moore or Jacoby I would role the dice instead of Bey, Schillens and Houshmensadah.... He still will be throwing a lot and got 275 and 2 with that Miami D that is a lot better tha OAK. He is the wild card.

My link

Supposedly, Ben will be running the no-huddle a lot tonight. More info to help us Ben owners decide...soon.

from the article:

"With a short week and only two light practices the past two days, the Steelers will lean heavily on what their offense wanted to do against the Bengals"

that means pass to me.

I think Ben could be OK...

I could also see the Steelers up 20-0 and just run the ball out in the 2nd half... be a 20-7 type of game with Ben having about 220 yds and 1 TD

My dilemma is that I have 3 STEELERS... 1st week of playoffs... Mendy, Wallace, BEN...

my backup QB is Matt Ryan... I am leaning heavily on Ryan simply because of the Thursday night game and I hate having so many players on 1 team on a short week... ?? I'm also afraid that Falcons might take air out of the ball... but am leaning Ryan over Ben... ?? Not sure what to do...

RB

I think Ben could be OK...

I could also see the Steelers up 20-0 and just run the ball out in the 2nd half... be a 20-7 type of game with Ben having about 220 yds and 1 TD

My dilemma is that I have 3 STEELERS... 1st week of playoffs... Mendy, Wallace, BEN...

my backup QB is Matt Ryan... I am leaning heavily on Ryan simply because of the Thursday night game and I hate having so many players on 1 team on a short week... ?? I'm also afraid that Falcons might take air out of the ball... but am leaning Ryan over Ben... ?? Not sure what to do...

RB

not saying that going ryan is the obvious choice - it's a tough call - but i will mention that the panthers have gotten into ALOT of shootouts this year

Ben 18/26, 215 yds, 2 tds

Mendenhall 17 carries, 90 yds, 2 tds

Redman 10 carries, 45 yds, 0 td, 2 rec, 10 yds

Wallace 4 catches, 80 yds, 1 td

Brown 6 catches, 60 yds, 0 td

Miller 3 catches, 40 yds, 1 td

Ward 3 catches, 20 yds

Steelers 28 - Browns 10

...the hottest WR in the second half of the season and arguably the best possesion WR of the decade.

DON'T GET CUTE!

Victor Cruz plays for the Steelers?

Squirt some penicillin in it damnit! :angry:

Ben spit on it pounded it against the wall then said "put me in coach"