Sign in to follow this  
swamp dog

LIONS WIN!

Up 2 games in the wild card now, and a home win vs San Diego clinches a playoff berth. Fourth 13+ point comeback of the year, new NFL record. Oh, and it was nice to see the Lions staff remember that Calvin Johnson is a monster.

Up 2 games in the wild card now, and a home win vs San Diego clinches a playoff berth. Fourth 13+ point comeback of the year, new NFL record. Oh, and it was nice to see the Lions staff remember that Calvin Johnson is a monster.

stafford took a beating all game with the running game decimated by injuries. they get the ball with 2 minutes left on their ONE YARD LINE. the raiders know they're going to throw. dang. what a freaking drive by stafford and cj.

:headbanger:

The guy has some great composure.. and is tougher than he gets credit for. Maybe not crazy durable, per se.. but a tough guy to be sure.

Good for you Swamp, other Lions fans. A very exciting way to win one. Maybe he gets going a little earlier next time out?

:rolleyes:

p.s. I played Calvin today.. Part 1 of a two part Finals, and the Megatron Hour got my opponent back within striking distance. Still, i'm thrilled at what Staff did today. Thank God Nate & Titus got a couple too.

Was at the game... Detroit got a big pass interference penalty that put the ball at the Oakland six yard line. Refs didnt help but the Raider secondary really needs a lot of help.

i'm loving my draft pick of Stafford late. I'd love to see that team make the dance...they could bring some fun to playoffs.

I gotta give credit to the FFToday board...the Stafford hype on here helped convince me to choose Stafford instead of Flacco. If I had done that no way I'd have any shot of winning this week.

Thanks FFToday I agree. I was all over this board and took Stafford in 3 out of 4 leagues.

Was at the game... Detroit got a big pass interference penalty that put the ball at the Oakland six yard line. Refs didnt help but the Raider secondary really needs a lot of help.

Yeah Rout mugged Calvin at the 6 which was huge. I bet it was an exciting game to be at. Both teams are borderline playoff caliber teams with some really exciting young talent. Great game to watch.

Lions are 1 game away from clinching a playoff birth.... :banana:

I gotta give credit to the FFToday board...the Stafford hype on here helped convince me to choose Stafford instead of Flacco. If I had done that no way I'd have any shot of winning this week.

Agreed. Mike also had Eli ranked higher than just about everybody. I'm a Giants fan & I wanted no part of him.

Along with John Hanson of Fantasy Guru, FF Today definitely planted Stafford in my crosshairs. Too bad I didn't grab Calvin too. :thumbsup:

I called this long before the FFToday yahoos..."The Year of the Matt". People are riding Ryan and Stafford to championships :pointstosky:

I called this long before the FFToday yahoos..."The Year of the Matt". People are riding Ryan and Stafford to championships :pointstosky:

Yeah I was more referring to the posters moreso than the writers

I was one of the guys hyping Stafford in the pre-season... glad to see it pan out. This was one of my few correct predictions.

I need him to have one more big game and the league championship trophy will finally be hoisted in my house!

:thumbsup: Yep. Across 3 leagues those are the only guys I drafted.

I wonder if any itchy FF GM's actually sat Calvin yesterday. It was nice to have my superstar WR back.

Against the Raiders??? Are you kidding???

We had our fantasy basketball draft last night, and the dude that owns Calvin Johnson would not shut up about him.

As a Seahawks fan, I was rooting against Detroit, but it was a hell of a game.

Made a huge trade for Megatron week 5, and it finally paid off. Having the Stafford to Megatron connection yesterday put me in the playoffs.