Sign in to follow this  
devouredbychaos

Feast on this Belichick haters...

Do the Belichick haters realize that coaches create the plays, teach the plays, coach the plays....then manage the game. He won a SB in'01 using a backup QB who dumped it off to Troy Brown and 3rd down RBs....Antoine Smith was his feature back. Snails were faster than Smith. Belichick's defense that year was a mix of vets and FAs that picked up BBs morphing D, 3-4, 4-3, 1-10 etc. They used to invite QBs to throw certain patterns with Law sitting on it. He won a SB in '04 relying on the extra 2nd round pick they had accumulated that year....getting Corey Dillon and riding his 1600 yds. In '07...he bought 2 more vets, again with EXTRA picks using the EXTRA 2nd rounder for a no name that will be seen as the greatest slot WR in NFL history and the EXTRA 4th for MOSS, who started setting records the day he stepped on the Patriots field. In '11, Belichick utilizes a 2 TE combo that set records in their sophmore year. Gronkowski was one of 3 2nd round picks that year.

So lets review the Belichick era...just the offense

'01....Dink and Dunk....handcuffs on the QB '04....Ground and pound....allowing play action '07...Air show.....short and long...TD machines '11....TE dominance with a healthy dose of Welker in new roles

And if the Brady/BB haters are really honest...they will admit Brady has slowly grown into his elite status and was more game manager until the '07 season when BB finally gave him some toys to play with.

So from my vantage point, I see that the head coach was able to seemlessly transform his team into 4 completely different offenses over the last 11 years. And not only has he rebuilt his offenses, more often than not these offenses set records and play in championships. Anyone that thinks BB wins only because of Brady is clueless.

As far as his drafting skill, his pieces seem to fit well enough to play in SBs. His pick accumulation philosophy netted him the likes of Dillon, Moss, Welker....all guys that pushed BB's teams over the top. What other team generates yearly roster insurance policies like NE. . I only see one team that has the ability to rebuild itself over the last few years and still win 12 to 14 games each season. So the real question is....WHO DOES IT BETTER. Just a handful of players played in the '07 SB....yet BB is back with a new group. And in BB's pocket are TWO #1 draft picks and TWO #2 draft picks in the '12 draft. Again, WHO DOES IT BETTER than Belichick. The guy is money on gameday. Rarely gifts games to opponents with poor clock management. He has built teams that can morph mid game. He can scrap a game plan on the fly because he knows his team has been coached well enough to handle most everything. Tell me.....WHO DOES IT BETTER. He knows his locker room and ejects those that aren't all in. He has eliminated the nonsense of media games....he just doesn't play it. His owner has bought in because of the universal trust. And what about the coaching turnover in NE. O and D coordinators leaving yearly for their shot as head coaches. Position coaches moving up in the ranks to fill holes in the coaching roster. Rarely does he go outside Foxborough to fill coaching voids. Yet, BB wins 12-14 games every year.

WHO DOES IT BETTER

Why cheer for a grumpy old man? I cheer for the players that play the game, never the Patriots though.

More doooshbag Pat fans, the world just didnt quite have enough of those.

Exactly. Nothing like announcing your presence with some vomit-ous drivel.

Too many words for me. :dunno:

Fans like this, make you guys look bad. :) Kinda like I do for Colts sometimes. I respect Belicheck. He still is a good coach, even if he bends a few rules here and there.

WHO DOES IT BETTER

It appears you still have some of Belicheat's legacy on your chin.

I am a Patriots fan, and you are making us look like dooshes. :thumbsdown:

Reading his post, I was thinking he's one of the more tolerable NE douches.

One Phrase:

CLEVELAND BROWNS

Next topic...... suckah..... :overhead:

Fans like this, make you guys look bad. :) Kinda like I do for Colts sometimes. I respect Belicheck. He still is a good coach, even if he bends a few rules here and there.

Thank God Pats Fans have a guy like me to raise the bar. :D

Thank God Pats Fans have a guy like me to raise the bar. :D

You should work that into your act, it's the funniest thing you've evah said. :banana:

Nah. Just stating the facts buddy.

Did you not see my post? I'll reword it for you so its more clear:

CLEVELAND BROWNS = EPIC COACHING FAIL BY BELICHEAT

:pointstosky:

Please go drive into the side of a building with no seatbelt on at about 55 mph in a small car. Thanks. :)

Feast on this....

On September 13, 2007 the NFL fined Belichick $500,000the largest fine ever imposed on a coach in the league's 87-year history,[17] and fined the Patriots $250,000. Additionally, the Patriots forfeited their first round draft pick in the 2008 NFL Draft. Goodell said that he fined the Patriots as a team because Belichick exercises so much control over the Patriots' on-field operations that "his actions and decisions are properly attributed to the club." Goodell considered suspending Belichick, but decided that taking away draft picks would be more severe in the long run.[18]

How can anybody mention specifics about the Patriots first three Super Bowl victories without at least acknowledging this? Especially considering that all three games were extremely close and that the Pats opponents have mentioned how uncanny it was that New England seemed to know what they were going to do consistently throughout those games. It's not crazy to think that without taping, the Patriots might still be trying to get their first ring.

Feast on this....

On September 13, 2007 the NFL fined Belichick $500,000—the largest fine ever imposed on a coach in the league's 87-year history,[17] and fined the Patriots $250,000. Additionally, the Patriots forfeited their first round draft pick in the 2008 NFL Draft. Goodell said that he fined the Patriots as a team because Belichick exercises so much control over the Patriots' on-field operations that "his actions and decisions are properly attributed to the club." Goodell considered suspending Belichick, but decided that taking away draft picks would be more severe in the long run.[18]

How can anybody mention specifics about the Patriots first three Super Bowl victories without at least acknowledging this? Especially considering that all three games were extremely close and that the Pats opponents have mentioned how uncanny it was that New England seemed to know what they were going to do consistently throughout those games. It's not crazy to think that without taping, the Patriots might still be trying to get their first ring.

Yeah, all of that plus the Tuck rule call which started all of this. How can/did those Pats teams shut down all of the top offenses that not a single other team could all those years? Were they just that good? Hard to believe, especially since they only had so many true star players even during their run. Ya hate to dwell on this stuff but perception IS reality and plenty of people arent totally sold on what transpired during those years. They started as a true cinderella story that everyone liked to see pull it off - then they quickly dissolved into the Evil Empire and all thats wrong with the world. It explains why they are so hated... it just doesnt feel right. Like bad CG effects in a sci-fi movie that look fake. Or, the fact that when they lost to the Giants in 2008 that the entire world instantly became a better place. Flowers bloomed, the air quality in downtown LA cleared up, hungry children in Ethiopia suddenly had burgers dropping out of the sky by the dozens. And...the look on Billy and Tommys faces as they walked off that field.... it completed mankinds existence. :lol:

People know all of this so it will always come up when discussing great teams years down the road. Their *accomplishments* will never be fully realized due to the nature of the "cheese" surrounding their winning. Lets review some other great "runs":

The 60's Packers - Nothing needs to be said

The 70's Steelers - Steel Curtain D and that crazy offense.

The 80's 49ers - Joe and company

The 80's/90's Redskins - The HOGS!

The 90's Cowboys - Best o-line in the history of football

The 2000's Pats - Solid...but....oh wait... hmmmm.....

:music_guitarred:

The thing that nauseates me about the pats... the fact that they get fellated as "geniuses" and you hear about "the Patriot way" when the fact is... they got lucky. They lucked into perhaps the best QB of all time in the 6th round. Other than that, their roster moves have been mediocre at best. With all the "extra" picks BB hordes, there is no excuse for the defense being so bad, or having no real running back.

You guys need to twitterize your waaay too long posts in here.™

Nah. Just stating the facts buddy.

so am i. bill called, he said he wanted you to grow your goatee back...he likes how it tickles.

The thing that nauseates me about the pats... the fact that they get fellated as "geniuses" and you hear about "the Patriot way" when the fact is... they got lucky. They lucked into perhaps the best QB of all time in the 6th round. Other than that, their roster moves have been mediocre at best. With all the "extra" picks BB hordes, there is no excuse for the defense being so bad, or having no real running back.

They lucked their way into a very good yet still somewhat over rated QB. Good thing Bledsoe got hurt, huh?

Even that aside.....ugh...whatever.

He is an all time great coach and has managed to adapt and take advantage of what he has. However you are over looking some glaring problems:

1) The cheating, its minor but it does taint the previous wins.

2) No recent playoff wins and failed in last Super Bowl bid, are they no longer hungry? This year could erase this.

3) His recent draft picks for the last 4 years have really hurt the team, sure he has nailed the TE position but what about the defense, the WR and RB position's?

Belichick is a great coach and a hall of famer but he has made mistakes and for someone who makes a big deal about accountability to his players to never admit to his own is annoying to the rest of us. Belicheck also has a history of tormenting of his players with their mistakes so for him to not own up to his own mistakes is readily percieved as arrogance.

Cheating? Nah. Green vest.

Again, who does it better? No one.

Coughlin and Sheli are a joke. 1 SB and a bunch of mediocre seasons don't equate to the greatness of Belichick.

Did I hear someone mention the Browns in this thread??

Jealousy is a LOVELY thing guys. Glad you all embrace it.

No recent playoff wins...His recent draft picks for the last 4 years have really hurt the team, sure he has nailed the TE position but what about the defense, the WR and RB

Does this season not count or something? Cause I'm pretty sure they beat the Broncos and Ravens in the playoffs.

Oh and Patrick Chung, Devin McCourty, Brandon Spikes, Jerod Mayo, Julian Edelman, and Steven Ridley all would like to say hello. If Ras I Dowling didn't get hurt you could add his name on there too. Yes they've had duds, but so does every other team as well.

He is an all time great coach and has managed to adapt and take advantage of what he has. However you are over looking some glaring problems:

1) The cheating, its minor but it does taint the previous wins.

2) No recent playoff wins and failed in last Super Bowl bid, are they no longer hungry? This year could erase this.

3) His recent draft picks for the last 4 years have really hurt the team, sure he has nailed the TE position but what about the defense, the WR and RB position's?

Belichick is a great coach and a hall of famer but he has made mistakes and for someone who makes a big deal about accountability to his players to never admit to his own is annoying to the rest of us. Belicheck also has a history of tormenting of his players with their mistakes so for him to not own up to his own mistakes is readily percieved as arrogance.

Dumb

Coughlin and Sheli are a joke. 1 SB and a bunch of mediocre seasons don't equate to the greatness of Belichick.

THE CLEVELAND BROWNS.

Sounds like you are jealous of the whipping the Pats received at the hands of the Gmen in 2008. That was the last time NE did anything worth noting. Oh, and they went 18-1 that season. Woot!

In other words.....CLEVELAND BROWNS.....CLEVELAND BROWNS.....CLEVELAND BROWNS...... CLEVELAND BROWNS.

CHEATING....CHEATING.....CHEATING.....CHEATING.....CHEATING.

Do you want to keep going with this? :overhead:

They cheated, there's no denying it. Just like Donhaas did for the Packers, you are singlehandedly dooshbagging this into a collective hate thread where people will root against the Pats just because you're such a dipsh!t. Then, when the Pats lose, you'll also do just like he did and disappear completely, which for us is a :thumbsup: but a :thumbsdown: for you.

They cheated, there's no denying it. Just like Donhaas did for the Packers, you are singlehandedly dooshbagging this into a collective hate thread where people will root against the Pats just because you're such a dipsh!t. Then, when the Pats lose, you'll also do just like he did and disappear completely, which for us is a :thumbsup: but a :thumbsdown: for you.

No - dont worry JG. We KNOW who the 'tards are around here. :cheers:

THE CLEVELAND BROWNS.

Sounds like you are jealous of the whipping the Pats received at the hands of the Gmen in 2008. That was the last time NE did anything worth noting. Oh, and they went 18-1 that season. Woot!

In other words.....CLEVELAND BROWNS.....CLEVELAND BROWNS.....CLEVELAND BROWNS...... CLEVELAND BROWNS.

CHEATING....CHEATING.....CHEATING.....CHEATING.....CHEATING.

Do you want to keep going with this? :overhead:

Green vest buddy. I love how this thread has completely turned into jealous haters. I know its tough for all you little boys to swallow the fact that NO ONE does it better than Belichick and the Pats. It's been a glorious decade here in Boston, I guess I'd be jealous too of all the rings :)

Oh and regardless of the SB loss, who has ever matched or even came close to that 18-1 record? Remember wee little ones NO ONE DOES IT BETTER!

Dont worry either... I plan on bumping the focking hell out of this thread after the Ginas lose on Sunday.

I like NE and mostly because of fantasy football and what you can count on from NE year in and year out. BB is a great coach and he does do pretty much everything better than the rest but I do consider him a cheater. I guess he does not do that better than the rest because he got caught. All in all I hope he keeps coaching for many years as I will ride is coat tails to as many FF championships as I can .

Green vest buddy. I love how this thread has completely turned into jealous haters. I know its tough for all you little boys to swallow the fact that NO ONE does it better than Belichick and the Pats. It's been a glorious decade here in Boston, I guess I'd be jealous too of all the rings :)

Oh and regardless of the SB loss, who has ever matched or even came close to that 18-1 record? Remember wee little ones NO ONE DOES IT BETTER!

Dont worry either... I plan on bumping the focking hell out of this thread after the Ginas lose on Sunday.

Pimpdaddy? Is that you?? Resurrected again?

Actually, a lot of Pat fans are telling you how dumb you are. I think that speaks volumes, as they couldn't agree more with you on how they love the Pats. They just choose to do it different.

um, I'll take a 9-7 regular season with a playoff appearance that gets me 4 wins in a row and a Superbowl Championship ANYDAY over going undefeated and BLOWING the big game in the biggest upset in history. And after Sunday, you'll disappear just like all the other bandwagoners.

...I plan on bumping the focking hell out of this thread after the Giants win on Sunday.

I knew you'd come around. :lol:

CLEVELAND BROWNS

The 1972 Dolphins

Have I forgotten anything? You can google-map Cleveland to see where I speak of.

:banana:

CLEVELAND BROWNS

The 1972 Dolphins

Have I forgotten anything? You can google-map Cleveland to see where I speak of.

:banana:

:banana: :banana: :banana: