Sign in to follow this  
Corporal Punishment

Packers Backfield

Anyone know much about what's going on with Green Bay's running game? They didn't draft or sign anyone new, and it looks like Ryan Grant is gone, so James Starks seems the undisputed starter, as underwhelming as he was last year. I know they like Brandon Saine in passing situations, but I didn't hear much about Alex Green last year. Do they still like him? Is Saine the primary backup? Will they run a committee?

kuuuuuuhn

I wouldn't be surprised by anything in the Packers' running game...

Including giving Brent Fullwood another shot :thumbsup:

Maybe they will resign N. Davenpoop. He's a stinker but worth a the risk!

1st - James Starks

2nd - John Kuhn (Primarily for Short Yardage Runs)

3rd - Alex Green

4th - Brandon Saine

That should be the running back core lineup for this year, that is if Alex Green stays healthy.

Anybody think Starks will be decent this year? Last season I waited all year for him to turn it on; it never happened.

Anybody think Starks will be decent this year? Last season I waited all year for him to turn it on; it never happened.

You gotta believe that after last years dismal performance in the playoffs, things will change a bit. They were exposed as being one-dimensional. When the passing game didn't click, they had no recourse.

However, after watching Starks last season, I just don't believe he has IT. Smart money is on Green or Saine to emerge.....and the asking price is certainly right.

You gotta believe that after last years dismal performance in the playoffs, things will change a bit. They were exposed as being one-dimensional. When the passing game didn't click, they had no recourse.

However, after watching Starks last season, I just don't believe he has IT. Smart money is on Green or Saine to emerge.....and the asking price is certainly right.

:lol: Everyone knew GB was one dimensional all year. :lol:

:lol: Everyone knew GB was one dimensional all year. :lol:

Perhaps. But it didn't cost them much till the playoffs.

Perhaps. But it didn't cost them much till the playoffs.

They had more rushing yards that NY that game (145 = 97) although Rodgers was the games leading rusher.

NYG Att 27 Yards 95 YPC 3.5

GBP Att 23 Yards 147 YPC 6.4

Starks averaged 7.2 YPC in that game.

I watched GB all year and a lack of a running game did not cost them that game.

I watched GB all year and a lack of a running game did not cost them that game.

You're right. NYG CBs were physical with GB receivers at the line and had Rogers rattled with pressure. They were outclassed in that particular game.

I took Starks late in several drafts last year and he never came on like I'd hoped he would - just couldn't be consistently good enough to keep Grant off the field - which sucked since I had Starks pegged as a buy low based on his playoff performance from the previous year. Now I question if he'll step up and be worth anything with Grant out of the picture.

You're right. NYG CBs were physical with GB receivers at the line and had Rogers rattled with pressure. They were outclassed in that particular game.

I took Starks late in several drafts last year and he never came on like I'd hoped he would - just couldn't be consistently good enough to keep Grant off the field - which sucked since I had Starks pegged as a buy low based on his playoff performance from the previous year. Now I question if he'll step up and be worth anything with Grant out of the picture.

He was banged up last year but I don't see him as more than a bye week fill in. I would not want to start the season with him as my #2 RB.

GB's fine at RB, for what they want to do. Horrible fantasy situation but they have RB's on the team that they believe will make it work.

Anyone know much about what's going on with Green Bay's running game? They didn't draft or sign anyone new, and it looks like Ryan Grant is gone, so James Starks seems the undisputed starter, as underwhelming as he was last year. I know they like Brandon Saine in passing situations, but I didn't hear much about Alex Green last year. Do they still like him? Is Saine the primary backup? Will they run a committee?

Probbaly going to be a committee with Kuhn, Starks and whatever runningback they have on the roster. The Packers backfield is pretty much a fantasy wasteland.

Hoping you make Sergeant soon. God bless the troops.

I've read that they really like Saine....and Green could be real solid if he comes back 100% from the knee.

I've been holding onto Starks for a season-and-a-half in Dynasty league...about to pull the rip chord on this waste of space.

Look at Starks' YPC last year. The problem was less him and more his lack of touches.

Look at Starks' YPC last year. The problem was less him and more his lack of touches.

you might be right, but do you, or anyone for that matter, expect him to get more touches? they just aren't built to be a running team, or even a team that runs nearly as much as they past.

(Rotoworld) Updating several previous items, free agent Ryan Grant never did meet with the Lions as reported on Monday.

Analysis: A Lions official disputed a report that Grant was ever scheduled to visit the club. The source for the initial report was Grant's agent. The Detroit Free Press attempted to contact Grant's agent on Monday, but their calls were not returned. The initial story last week claimed that the Lions had a contract offer on the table for Grant, and we'd now be forced to question that.

Seems like his agent is making up some interest to try and draw people in.

I drafted Starks last year & the only time he was in my starting lineup was when Ray Rice or Matt Forte were on bye. Even when Green Bay is facing a porous run defense, they still elect to air it out. Worst part is, even when Green Bay had a game in hand, Rodgers was still airing it out.

I personally will just stay away from this backfield unless I can land one of the backs as my #4 RB late in the draft.