Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

**Golf Talk** thread

3 wins in 6 years on tour. Fowler is the new Sergio as the most over hyped player on tour.

I would disagree with this.

* His 3 wins on this tour were big time, star studded events - including the Players.

* He has 6 wins world wide. Including last week's big Abu Dhabi tournament - where he took down both Rory and Spieth.

* His 2014 major record was freakishly good: T5 Masters, T2 Masters, T2 Open and T3 PGA.

* He was the 2010 Rookie of the Year.

* He just turned 27.

Butch has helped him tremendously. He needs to win a major the next 2 years.

Butch has helped him tremendously. He needs to win a major the next 2 years.

Agree on Butch... But hardly say he "needs" to win a major in the next 2 years.... Rickie is still 7 years away from 34 - which is when Phil finally won his 1st.. This kid has a lot of golf time left - worst thing he can do is to feel like he has to right now.

Anyone else get in 27 and 27 this weekend? :banana:

Was fun as hell watching the big boys tangle with the brutal conditions at Torrey Pines y-day... Never seen so many poosays crying about weather.

Was fun as hell watching the big boys tangle with the brutal conditions at Torrey Pines y-day... Never seen so many poosays crying about weather.

I played 18 yesterday. It was windy as hell where I played, similar to Torrey Pines but just not raining. It was a two club wind, if you will. If you were into the wind you had to club up not one but two clubs. Same thing down wind it seemed. I hit a 5 iron 200 yards on a par 3 right at the stick. Problem was it was only 178 yards away. :cry:

By the time I figured the wind out the round was over. :(

I played 18 yesterday. It was windy as hell where I played, similar to Torrey Pines but just not raining. It was a two club wind, if you will. If you were into the wind you had to club up not one but two clubs. Same thing down wind it seemed. I hit a 5 iron 200 yards on a par 3 right at the stick. Problem was it was only 178 yards away. :cry:

By the time I figured the wind out the round was over. :(

Whew, sure glad you explained what 2 club wind is.. I live in Texas, never heard of that before..... lol

Whew, sure glad you explained what 2 club wind is.. I live in Texas, never heard of that before..... lol

The course I play my league at is literally right on the ocean.

I've played before and it has been so windy, while going directly into the wind I literally lost 50+ yards on shots.

The course I play my league at is literally right on the ocean.

I've played before and it has been so windy, while going directly into the wind I literally lost 50+ yards on shots.

Oh yea - I'm sure... Here 20 mph winds are the norm - it's rare to have light breeze days.

Snedeker got poked by the stoppage yesterday, He has no chance now

Only 18 and 18 :banana:

I did 24 and 24 hours with my kid Saturday and Sunday, worth more than golf (until the weather is better :D )

Only 18 and 18 :banana:

Oh yea - I was actually wondering if you got some golf in, remembered you had mentioned it earlier... Told ya, you had a good chance to catch some pretty great weather!

I did 24 and 24 hours with my kid Saturday and Sunday, worth more than golf (until the weather is better :D )

WTF are you talking about. Yesterday was beautiful (55 and sunny). Could have played yesterday. :banana:

WTF are you talking about. Yesterday was beautiful (55 and sunny). Could have played yesterday. :banana:

you're right, it was very nice, but we went shopping, got lunch, went to the park and then took an awesome nap.

:(

We don't have that kind of wind here normally, I've never played golf in Texas. I'd rather it be raining and cold than windy like that (I'm talking blowing like hell). Just brutal to play golf in. I think it was affecting my putting too. How the hell do you do it?

I bet you've developed the low 3/4 iron Tiger "stinger" shot.

Snedeker got poked by the stoppage yesterday, He has no chance now

Not necessarily. The course is soaked I'm assuming so it will be easy to fire at flags, yes, but it's still gonna play extremely long.

Throw in the 25-30 MPH winds they're expecting today and I'd like where I stand if I'm Sneds.

A quick Look at Me! moment if y'all don't mind.

I have a tee time Monday February 15th at Pinehurst No.2. It's normally like $250 to play there but my neighbor has a client who is a member so he is getting us on for $100. I'll have to tip the caddy (which I've never had before) prolly $40 or so but still not too bad.

I've never played with a caddy before. :unsure:

A quick Look at Me! moment if y'all don't mind.

I have a tee time Monday February 15th at Pinehurst No.2. It's normally like $250 to play there but my neighbor has a client who is a member so he is getting us on for $100. I'll have to tip the caddy (which I've never had before) prolly $40 or so but still not too bad.

Sweet. :thumbsup:

Sweet. :thumbsup:

I don't know what to expect. I'm sure I'll get my money's worth in strokes taken. Praying for decent weather.

Not necessarily. The course is soaked I'm assuming so it will be easy to fire at flags, yes, but it's still gonna play extremely long.

Throw in the 25-30 MPH winds they're expecting today and I'd like where I stand if I'm Sneds.

Exactly how it's playing out. The wind is up and brutal again.. Not only that, it's a 180* different wind from y-day. All the finishing holes are dead ass straight into it - Sneds is going to win this at -6.

We still need to get a geek golf thing set up

Looks like a hurricane came through there. Jesus

Scott Brown - Tied for the lead going into final round.

Front 9: par, bogey, par, par, bogey, par, bogey, bogey, bogey

Back 9: bogey, bogey, bogey, bogey, double, bogey, bogey, double, pat

for a whopping 87 :o (highest by 6 strokes)

not even sure I'd be happy with that score (at my home course)

What a good old school blade putter? I have a scotty cameron del mar 3 but am thinking about getting an even more simple design to try out. Prob grab something used on ebay.

Anyone paying much attention to Rory today? 1st official round since going X-handed.. He's putting pretty damn good. 5 birds on the day, should of had 2 others.

What a good old school blade putter? I have a scotty cameron del mar 3 but am thinking about getting an even more simple design to try out. Prob grab something used on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MacGregor-Jack-Nicklaus-Muirfield-Putter-RH-35-Custom-Leather-Grip-SWEET-/201532625564?hash=item2eec47d29c:g:q3oAAOSwGotWqvVc

i used this when I was in middle school. have it hanging on my wall.

Scott Brown - Tied for the lead going into final round.

Front 9: par, bogey, par, par, bogey, par, bogey, bogey, bogey

Back 9: bogey, bogey, bogey, bogey, double, bogey, bogey, double, pat

for a whopping 87 :o (highest by 6 strokes)

not even sure I'd be happy with that score (at my home course)

the conditions in that tournament were absolutely brutal. Trees uprooted all over the course. Snedeker won but going low while the conditions were bad but not at their extreme worst. Most, if not all of the guys near the top after 3 rounds shot well over par if I recall.

Check out Ray Cook putters. I had a pure blade one years ago that was the smoothest putter on fast greens. I lost it in a bet.

I had an old Ray Cook putter similar to this.. Loved that thing.. Accidentally forgot it when I left an ex of mine. Needless to say, she was not going to give it back. :mad:

https://valueguide.pga.com/images/Ray_cook/putters/m1_3x_large.jpg

I had one like this. The shaft was multi tiered. Very smooth. I've never felt pure feedback from a putter like I did with that one.

I had one like this. The shaft was multi tiered. Very smooth.

is this still the golf talk thread? :unsure:

Boom.

The last few weeks, I've been hitting the driver off the heel, or so I suspected based on feel and flight. Went to the range Friday and sprayed it with some athletes foot spray, and confirmed. Decided the culprit was that I wasn't maintaining the ole tush line. Focused on more knee flex and maintaining it, and problem solved.

Yesterday we played Willow Springs. Wide open course, but I've never scored as well as I feel like I should on it. And we had a 27 mph wind the whole round, so that was a mess.

Drove it solidly. Irons were so so. What really did it for me was I played nothing except bump and runs within 35 yards of the green. And I was lights out from 5-10 feet.

Went 41-37 for a 78. Yes, it's only a par 70, but whatever. I hadn't shot in the 70's in at least 2 years, and I'd never done it on this course. Win.

Boom.

The last few weeks, I've been hitting the driver off the heel, or so I suspected based on feel and flight. Went to the range Friday and sprayed it with some athletes foot spray, and confirmed. Decided the culprit was that I wasn't maintaining the ole tush line. Focused on more knee flex and maintaining it, and problem solved.

Yesterday we played Willow Springs. Wide open course, but I've never scored as well as I feel like I should on it. And we had a 27 mph wind the whole round, so that was a mess.

Drove it solidly. Irons were so so. What really did it for me was I played nothing except bump and runs within 35 yards of the green. And I was lights out from 5-10 feet.

Went 41-37 for a 78. Yes, it's only a par 70, but whatever. I hadn't shot in the 70's in at least 2 years, and I'd never done it on this course. Win.

When the wind is up like that - that little track is as hard as it gets to score on.

happy national golf day

did something I have never done before.

Played 18 Sunday at Bradford CC.

got a par on 4 holes in a row, (never had done 3) on holes 4, 5, 6 and 7 (missed a 4 foot birdie on 7)

From the blues.

http://bradfordcc.com/course-details/

did something I have never done before.

Played 18 Sunday at Bradford CC.

got a par on 4 holes in a row, (never had done 3) on holes 4, 5, 6 and 7 (missed a 4 foot birdie on 7)

From the blues.

http://bradfordcc.com/course-details/

I had 6 in a row on Sunday.

Thinking on it now, at a course called Prairie Lakes, I once bogeyed the 10th hole, then finished the round with 8 straight pars. Has to be my record. As I've shot even on a side a few times, but there were always birdies involved (and thusly, bogeys)

I had not played at all this year until Saturday. I had friend offer to take me to his course. We ended up getting in 32 holes before it was too dark to see the ball. The next day, I was sore from all of the swinging.

I joined a new club. tough course. Played 18 on friday, 9 on saturday and monday. Most people there walk, my bag is more of a hybrid cart bag and is heavy AF. was definitely sore and fell asleep early after the 18.

I ended up just deciding to regrip my Scotty Cameron with a super stroke 2.0 instead of messing around with new putters. I didn't like the Winn jumbo grip i had on before at the suggestion of my fitter. I should have done the super stroke then. Doubt it will make a huge difference, i need more reps than equipment.

I had 6 in a row on Sunday.

Thinking on it now, at a course called Prairie Lakes, I once bogeyed the 10th hole, then finished the round with 8 straight pars. Has to be my record. As I've shot even on a side a few times, but there were always birdies involved (and thusly, bogeys)

I have my 'lightning strike' card in my office where I shot 72 at a tough course on cape cod where i had never broken 80. And my longest stretch that day was 4 par (or better). I made 5 birdies that round. 3 bogeys and a double.