Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

My annual top 5 bold predictions

in no order

-- Randy Moss comes back to life and has a 1000 yd 8-10 TD season

-- James Starks ends the year as a top 8 PPR FF back

-- CJIII puts the finishing touches on on his BUSTO status by being a total bust again just like last year.

-- Kenny Britt and Sidney Rice play all 16 games

-- Peyton Manning - after a year off injured will put up 4K yards and 30 TD's

in no order

By the way he reportedly looks thus far, those might be conservative numbers.....5K and 40 might be pretty bold, though!!

By the way he reportedly looks thus far, those might be conservative numbers.....5K and 40 might be pretty bold, though!!

Gotta agree here. With the way QB's are putting up numbers, 4K and 30 TD's is conservative, even for a guy coming off such a severe injury as Manning. If he simply plays all sixteen games he'll post those numbers.

Britt and Rice BOTH staying healthy...now that's bold.

i'd rather buy a lottery ticket

Well, this has seemingly always been a thread in which many and all post the ridiculous, the bold, and when the season ends, the greatest predictions ever.

I'll provide the latter:

1: The 49ers, Saints, Giants, Texans, and Jets will not make the playoffs.

2: Calvin Johnson. Madden Curse. Do. Not. Draft.

3: Shonn Greene will rush for 1200 yards and be a top 10 back in all formats.

4: Tony Romo will be a top 3 quarterback, and the Cowboys will win the NFC East

5: Adrian Peterson and Jamaal Charles will combine for less fantasy points than LeSean McCoy. And less games.

Just think to come back from 3 neck surgeries -- no able to even throw an entire year - just get on a new team , and just start to get your strength back -- seems like with the deck against him here -- to get 4K an 30 --- geeesh it's not like he's Tommy Maddox or anything where 5K and 50 would be a cinch

in no order

Kenny Britt is going to tear it up this year! 85-1300-11tds book it boys! :first:

Sid will unfortunatly tear his legs up this year.. 6-65-0 in one game... :(

Kenny Britt is going to tear it up this year! 85-1300-11tds book it boys! :first:

Sid will unfortunatly tear his legs up this year.. 6-65-0 in one game... :(

That's still not a horrible game, at least for ppr.

Just traded Kenny Britt who had a half-decent contract :(

That's still not a horrible game, at least for ppr.

Very true.. so if you need a week one plug in for 12.5 points I guess he's your guy!

I've been waiting for this thread to show up since my terrible showing last year.

1. Ray Rice will finish outside the top 15 among RBs (non-PPR) and maybe in the top 15 (PPR)

2. Giants, Ravens and Saints will miss the playoffs

3. Bears, Cowboys, and Titans make the playoffs

4. Dolphins go 1-15 and are one year late on the "Suck for Luck" sweepstakes

5. Brandon Marshall will finish in the top 3 among WRs (PPR)

I look forward to being wrong again. :cheers:

Here we go...The annual "try to be bold enough as to not be obvious, but then end up being so bold that none of this will ever actually happen" post---My contribution:

1. Jay Cutler ends the season as a top 5 QB (4500 and 33)

2. Jaquizz Rodgers is Darren Sproles v. 2.0, ending as a top 10 PPR Rb

3. Golden Tate becomes an every week PPR start by mid-season (80-1050-6)

4. Aaron Hernandez ends the season as the TE to own in New England

5. David Wilson will lead all rookies in rushing yards and will end as a top 15 back

Here we go...The annual "try to be bold enough as to not be obvious, but then end up being so bold that none of this will ever actually happen" post---My contribution:

1. Jay Cutler ends the season as a top 5 QB (4500 and 33)

2. Jaquizz Rodgers is Darren Sproles v. 2.0, ending as a top 10 PPR Rb

3. Golden Tate becomes an every week PPR start by mid-season (80-1050-6)

4. Aaron Hernandez ends the season as the TE to own in New England

5. David Wilson will lead all rookies in rushing yards and will end as a top 15 back

'5. David Wilson will lead all rookies in rushing yards and will end as a top 15 back '

Maybe but I'm not sure how the rookie fixes the Giants offensive line. They ranked #32 in rushing last year.

'5. David Wilson will lead all rookies in rushing yards and will end as a top 15 back '

Maybe but I'm not sure how the rookie fixes the Giants offensive line. They ranked #32 in rushing last year.

I guess that's why it's a bold prediction. :dunno:

My bold prediction:

Andrew Luck finishes the season as a top 7 fantasy QB.

He'll dink and dunk his way to get there, but he'll get there.

I predict Arian Foster will finish as a top 5 back... Oh wait this is 2012.

The bears will win the super bowl (yeah right).

Cam will be the biggest disappointment in fantasy football.

A.J. Green finishes outside the top 15 wr.

Shane Vareen finishes as a top 15 back and Spiller finishes in the top 10.

Isaac Redman and BGE are not the starters by the middle of the year due to mediocrity and are replaced regardless of injury status.

1. McFadden is the number 1 fantasy RB....PPR

2. Matt Ryan seals the deal.....5k 40 plus tds

3. Julio Jones 100 catches 1500 yds 15 tds

4. Vick bounce back year 4k passing 1k rushing 30 plus tds

5. Eagles win the SUPERBOWL!!!!

--The first F.U. thread of the year will go to Megatron.

--If you screw up the names of Demaryius Moore and Denarius Thomas at the draft, it won't matter because they'll both be top 5 WR's

--No Saint player will finish in the top 10 of their respective positions.

--Tony Romo and Dez Bryant are the hook-up of the year

I love this thread

1. Mark Sanchez is the starting QB for the Jets all season long.

2. Mark Wallace is the first FU Thread

3. Top ten RB: Beannie Wells 1500 total yards and 10 TDs

4. Top ten WR: Darrius Heyward-Bey 1200 yards and 10 TDS

5. Michael Vick starts all 16 games and the EAGLES WIN THE SUPERBOWL!

in no order

-- Randy Moss comes back to life and has a 1000 yd 8-10 TD season

-- CJIII puts the finishing touches on on his BUSTO status by being a total bust again just like last year.

CJIII wasn't even a total bust last year. He came on the 2nd half of the season.

James Starks, really?

CJIII wasn't even a total bust last year. He came on the 2nd half of the season.

James Starks, really?

It's called BOLD predictions -- Jeebus I predicted Britt and S Rice would play all 16 games LOL

It's called BOLD predictions -- Jeebus I predicted Britt and S Rice would play all 16 games LOL

I know, but wow, I think you may have put too much emphasis on the "BOLD" part of it, and not enough on the "predictions" part. :cheers:

1. Mark Sanchez is a top 7 fantasy QB, but the Jets miss playoffs & he's blamed for it.
  2. Tony Romo, Dez Bryant, Miles Austin and DeMarco Murray play in all 16 games this year & the Cowboys make the playoffs.
  3. Dolphins WR Chad Ochocinco's will catch more balls than he makes TV appearances.
  4. Matt Schaub makes a full recovery, throws 4.5K and 35 TDs while Arian Foster has 1300 rushing yards but single digit TDs.
  5. No Bengals are arrested from now until the day after the Superbowl.

1. Cam Newton finishes the year with less than <3000 yards passing and <5 rushing TD as he hits a huge sophemore slump

2. Neither Hakeem Nicks, Roddy White, or Megatron will finish in the top 10 in wide receivers

3. Darren McFadden will play in 11 or more games, but will be mediocare the entire year

4. Tim Tebow will not start in one game this year, nor will he relieve Mark Sanchez for anything other than a situational wild cat type play.

5. Trent Richardson will average 3.5 yards per carry or less

In no particular order:

1) Aaron Rodgers does not even come close to being the top scoring QB.

2) Calvin Johnson breaks madden curse, finishes in top 5 WRs.

3). Julio Jones does not finish in top 10 WRs.

4). RG3 out produces two out of these three: Rivers, Newton, Ben.

5). M.Lynch and R.Matthews turn out to be better RBs than L.McCoy and A.Foster.

2012 BOLD Predictions

More 'predictions' than Bold.

1. Cam finishes outside the top 6 qbs.

2. AJ Green finishes outside the top 15 wrs.

3. Brandon Lloyd is the Patriots wr to own. PPR or not.

4. Jahvid Best mostly maintains his health and turns in a Sproles like year.

5. Trich and Martin struggle somewhat and fail to live up to their draft day ADP.

More 'predictions' than Bold.

1. Cam finishes outside the top 6 qbs.

2. AJ Green finishes outside the top 15 wrs.

3. Brandon Lloyd is the Patriots wr to own. PPR or not.

4. Jahvid Best mostly maintains his health and turns in a Sproles like year.

5. Trich and Martin struggle somewhat and fail to live up to their draft day ADP.

I don't believe you are being bold enough Matt because I think every one of those predictions will come true, cept maybe number 4.

1. Stafford finishes as the #1 overall fantasy qb

2. RUN DMC records 2000 total yards 15+ tds (plays 15 games)

3. Randy Moss had 800 yards 14 tds

4. CJ Spiller takes over in Buffalo 1200 yds 9 tds

5. Newton won't have more than 6 rushing tds.

1) Julio Jones will be the #1 WR at seasons end

2) Dustin Keller will be a top 5 TE with the Jets new OC and Plax gone to steal redzone targets

3) Ryan Mathews will be the #1 RB at seasons end

4) Chad Ochocince will be released from Miami before the season is over

4) Adrian Peterson will not be a top 10 RB

Just think to come back from 3 neck surgeries -- no able to even throw an entire year - just get on a new team , and just start to get your strength back -- seems like with the deck against him here -- to get 4K an 30 --- geeesh it's not like he's Tommy Maddox or anything where 5K and 50 would be a cinch

ok, realize that i am a steeler fan, but also realize that this is an un-biased opinion. these r my true thoughts on tommy gun this year, and i fully expect him to prove me right.

first of all, there is no quarterback, and there hasnt been since warner in 1999 w/ as many weapons in the passing game as tommy has this year. hines ward is the most polished wr in football, and plaxico burress is going to show this year how elite of a wr he really is. these guys both will have 12-15 tds each, and both will eclipse 1,300 yds receiving, w/ plax closer to 1,600. randle el in the slot is absolutely impossible to cover 1 on 1 w/out a shut down corner, and u cannott afford that w/ the 2 elite wrs lined up outside. randle el will be good for 500-700 yds receiving this year, and a couple of trick plays as well. zereoue out of the back field will be a huge upgrade over bettis between the 20s, and he has developed into an outstanding receiver and they will find ways to get him the ball through the air. he should get 400-600 yds receiving. rhiemersma is a huge upgrade over bruener as the starting te. rhiemersma is a polished wr, and can make tough catches and keep a linebacker honest at all times, giving maddox more time to throw w/ less blitzes. i look for rhiemersma to accumulate 450-600 yds receiving as well. of course the other backs, fullbacks, and tes, and wrs will get a handfull of catches and yds as well.when u add all of these #s together, u start to realize that tommy maddox will have some serious weapons to throw to this season. he is healthy, confident, playing for a contract, and poised to take this offense to the next level. there will be no defense capable of stopping, or even slowing down this juggernaut.bottom line, maddox can break the all time passing yds record if he stays healthy, and im boldly predicting him for 5,000+ yards passing this season. teams predictions:

maddox: 5,100 yds passing, 36-38 tds, 150 yds rushing, 0-1 tds.

zereoue: 1,100 yds rushing, 4-6 tds, 400-600 yds receiving, 2-3 tds.

bettis: 400-500 yds rushing, 6-8 tds, 100-150 yds receiving, 0 tds.

ward: 110 receptions, 1,350-1,400 yds, 13-15 tds

and a handful of rushing yds)

burress: 85-90 catches, 1,500-1,700 yds, 12-14 tds

randle el: 500-700 yds receiving, 3-5 tds

rhiemersma: 400-500 yds receiving, 2-4 tds

rest of backs/wrs/tes: 300-400 yds receiving, 2-4 tds.

this may seem like its high balling, but ive been doing this for a while, and i see this offense as unbelievably special, and motivated to prove how dominant they can be. u heard it here first, maddox will have a special year in 2003. get him in the last year that hes available after rd 2...

My top 5:

1) Pennsylvania SB: Eagles vs Steelers

2) AP runs for less than 800 yards

3) RG3 throws for less than 3000 yards due to injury while Andrew Luck takes every snap for the Colts

4) NFC East produces 3 top 10 WR's: Jeremy Maclin, Hakeem Nicks, and Dez Bryant: 1200+ and double digit TD's for all 3

5) Matt Cassel gets hurt again, and Brady Quinn sees significant playing time in 2012

Maybe just maybe on Keller?

'Dustin Keller, TE, NYJ

Report: No extension coming for Keller

News: Dustin Keller will play out his rookie contract in 2012 and not get offered an extension according to the New York Post. The Jets want to see if he'll fit into their new offense before giving him a long-term deal. Keller's receiving totals have increased in each of the last three years with five touchdowns in each of the last two seasons -- those numbers boosted by red-hot Septembers, followed by weak Octobers, Novembers and Decembers.

Analysis: The report adds that the Jets split Keller out wide "frequently" during offseason workouts, a sign that he might play more as a receiver than a tight end. If that were to happen, and it sort of makes sense when you look at the Jets' wide receiving corps, then Keller would be worth a late pick in Fantasy drafts. We'll keep an eye out for that in training camp and if it looks like Keller will line up like Aaron Hernandez, he could be in line for his best season yet -- especially if he's motivated to play for a new contract and guaranteed money.'

Maybe just maybe on Keller?

'Dustin Keller, TE, NYJ

Report: No extension coming for Keller

News: Dustin Keller will play out his rookie contract in 2012 and not get offered an extension according to the New York Post. The Jets want to see if he'll fit into their new offense before giving him a long-term deal. Keller's receiving totals have increased in each of the last three years with five touchdowns in each of the last two seasons -- those numbers boosted by red-hot Septembers, followed by weak Octobers, Novembers and Decembers.

Analysis: The report adds that the Jets split Keller out wide "frequently" during offseason workouts, a sign that he might play more as a receiver than a tight end. If that were to happen, and it sort of makes sense when you look at the Jets' wide receiving corps, then Keller would be worth a late pick in Fantasy drafts. We'll keep an eye out for that in training camp and if it looks like Keller will line up like Aaron Hernandez, he could be in line for his best season yet -- especially if he's motivated to play for a new contract and guaranteed money.'

Definitely worth a 9th-10th round flier whether you have a TE locked up or not. He does start off hot so using him as early trade bait can't hurt.

July's Top 5 Bold Predictions:

1. Jacob Tamme will finish as a top 7 TE this year.

2. Antonio Brown will lead the AFC in receiving yards.

3. Bush outperforms Forte & becomes starter by week 6.

4. Carson Palmer is a top 5 Fantasy QB this year.

5. No Dallas RB breaks 1K & has more than 6 TDs.

My top 5:

5) Matt Cassel gets hurt again, and Brady Quinn sees significant playing time in 2012

May I add another bold prediction?

Matt Cassel is either hurt or benched because of mediocrity and Ricky Stanzi comes in and throws like a baller. In the mean time Cam is underperforming all year and during the summer of 2013 a debate arises about who is the better QB from the 2011 draft class. There are whispers that Stanzi is a better QB than Cam on the football boards. Most side with Cam and are enraged that they could even be considered in the same breath. Others, like myself, have no problem telling the world how much better Stanzi's career will be and are considered blasphemous members the entire year until proven correct.

Bold Biatches!

1 - V Davis finishes as top TE

2 - Tebow is top 4 qb in points per game started

3 - D. Thomas finishes a top 5 WR

4 - J Jones FINALLY takes over Driver's role and finishes top 10 wr ppr

5 - Ricardson finishes outside the top 15 rb

and one for the road - The top scorer overall in standard scoring formats is... Matthew Stafford

2. Mark Wallace is the first FU Thread

my first response was going to be a wager of any amount of money that this would NOT come true. however i realized someone will post a "FU Mark Wallace" thread and i'll lose.

so i'll go with my second response of who is mark wallace? :lol:

my first response was going to be a wager of any amount of money that this would NOT come true. however i realized someone will post a "FU Mark Wallace" thread and i'll lose.

so i'll go with my second response of who is mark wallace? :lol:

You got me... Mike Wallace