Sign in to follow this  
Doozer

Greg Little

61-709-2... Pretty impressive rookie numbers for someone dealing with a lockout season and who hadn't even played college ball in 2010.

Further in 2008/2009 he was primarily used as an RB. Given he is still very much learning the intricacies of the WR position and had not played football for a year and a half before, his horrendous 50% catch to target rate (120 targets, 61 catches) is somewhat understandable.

The best part is, he got 120 targets only starting 12 games, and the Browns haven't added much competition at the WR spot. He is likely to see 150-170 targets this year. Even if he has modest improvement and converts 55% of his targets as opposed to 50%, he would catch between 80-90 balls. Given his ADP at 10.01 I see extreme value.

What say you?

I don't think Little is particularly talented. The only reason he did as well as he did last year was that he was targeted really often because Cleveland has NOBODY to throw the ball to.

So no, I don't foresee a breakout year from him.

Watching him every game, he is extremely talented but lacks focus. He had a tremendous amount of drops, but I think part of that had to do with Colt McCoy's passes being behind everyone. With Weeden, T-Rich, improved o-line and now Gordon in the mix I see a decent uptick in his stats. Nothing amazing, but a solid wr3/wr4. I could see 65/850/6.

Watching him every game, he is extremely talented but lacks focus. He had a tremendous amount of drops, but I think part of that had to do with Colt McCoy's passes being behind everyone. With Weeden, T-Rich, improved o-line and now Gordon in the mix I see a decent uptick in his stats. Nothing amazing, but a solid wr3/wr4. I could see 65/850/6.

So you don't think his targets will increase when he's the starter for sixteen games? Only four more catches? Who else are the Browns going to throw to? You don't think a full training camp and OTAs will help him? You don't think he has more room for improvement considering his limited experience at WR?

As a Little owner last season, my eyes told me no...

However...

You make some pretty good arguments using numbers---could be an interesting last receiver to stash on your roster...

So you don't think his targets will increase when he's the starter for sixteen games? Only four more catches? Who else are the Browns going to throw to? You don't think a full training camp and OTAs will help him? You don't think he has more room for improvement considering his limited experience at WR?

Name me the last fantasy relevant wr from Cleveland? Braylon in 2007? The Browns are still relying on rookies at rt,rb, 2 wr, and a rookie qb entering the NFL. I just don't see things improving that much this season.

For a while I was thinking Little would be a really nice value pick this year. However, I think Cleveland's decision to use a 2nd-round pick on a WR in the supplemental draft and expect him to contribute this season speaks pretty loudly on their feelings about him. Plus, as others have said, he's in a run-heavy offense with a rookie QB. I might take a chance in the later rounds, but my expectations are tempered.

Name me the last fantasy relevant wr from Cleveland? Braylon in 2007? The Browns are still relying on rookies at rt,rb, 2 wr, and a rookie qb entering the NFL. I just don't see things improving that much this season.

Eh, agree to disagree I suppose, dude put up 60-700 as a rookie, 18 months away from organized football with a shortened preseason w/ Colt fuckin McCoy as his QB. He's an athletic freak appears to have slimmed down and is probably going to get close to 150 targets this year... I'd take that in a heartbeat in the 10th. Also who cares who the last fantasy relevant WR from cleveland was. As you said, new QB, new stud RB, no competition at WR, it's a brand new year... Also, call me crazy, but the lack of competition @ WR, my gut feeling Weeden > > > > McCoy, and Trent Richardson are going to help him more than hurt him.

Eh, agree to disagree I suppose, dude put up 60-700 as a rookie, 18 months away from organized football with a shortened preseason w/ Colt fuckin McCoy as his QB. He's an athletic freak appears to have slimmed down and is probably going to get close to 150 targets this year... I'd take that in a heartbeat in the 10th. Also who cares who the last fantasy relevant WR from cleveland was. As you said, new QB, new stud RB, no competition at WR, it's a brand new year... Also, call me crazy, but the lack of competition @ WR, my gut feeling Weeden > > > > McCoy, and Trent Richardson are going to help him more than hurt him.

I agree, I see all of the recent moves as being only beneficial to him. If he can get on the same page with Weeden all numbers should improve. Tagets may stay the same, but he will do more with what he gets.

I agree and don't think the addition of J Gordon means they are down on Little, but rather that they needed another WR. Little will be the #1 WR for them until Gordon can develop and should do pretty well in his second year.

Maybe if they convert him to TE.

As a WR I didn't see the talent. I saw a huge strong guy with no real speed. I owned him in one league. He just is what he is.

Maybe if they convert him to TE.

As a WR I didn't see the talent. I saw a huge strong guy with no real speed. I owned him in one league. He just is what he is.

6'1 220 is now considered huge? By the way, he runs in the 4.5's, I wouldn't call that exactly slow. Not all NFL WR's run 4.3's like everyone likes to believe..

6'1 220 is now considered huge? By the way, he runs in the 4.5's, I wouldn't call that exactly slow. Not all NFL WR's run 4.3's like everyone likes to believe..

Straight line speed doesn't really tell you a whole lot. Can he cut quickly? Does he have good burst? That's what you need to know, and from what I've seen Little is nothing special there.

Straight line speed doesn't really tell you a whole lot. Can he cut quickly? Does he have good burst? That's what you need to know, and from what I've seen Little is nothing special there.

The guy is a beast in the air, good body control, good adjustments, particularly for someone who is still learning the position.

The guy has talent. WOuld've been a first round pick without the issues. He does lack focus and a qb. I think he's worth a gamble as a WR 4 as he could put up some decent numbers. If he improves this year I think he will be a favorite "breakout" candidate next year.

He does lack focus and a qb.

Lack of focus - Perhaps

Lack of a QB - No Longer

He had a ridiculous combine, also lead the league with 17 missed tackles after the catch. 6'3" 220 lb, 4.51 40, 27 bench reps, 40.5" vert, 10'9" broad jump, 6.8 3 cone drill, 4.2 20 yard shuttle, 11.28 60 yard shuttle.

So you are saying Weeden is a :lock: ?

:lock: to start or be a big improvement over Colt?

I would answer yes to both.

As a Little owner last season, my eyes told me no...

However...

You make some pretty good arguments using numbers---

:lol: this coming from a guy named fantasymind :lol:

I'm not big on rookie receivers, so as a second year begins for a guy who I' admit, know little about ... Weedon is a type of QB that will make him better. Little had 60/700/2 as a rookie so I can see him becoming a 1000 yd recover. So decent 3rd WR option fantasy wise.. but again, being a Weedon believer .. I like little as a late round option.

Great prospect, but in a horrible situation. I think he will have great value headed into next season. I see struggles ahead with a rookie qb and an emphasis on running the ball.

As some of the previous posts pointed out, he has te burst and te ability to make people miss, or hit them with a powerful stiff arm. He is a former college running back, and after last year only has 2 years experience at WR. Maybe what you saw last year was a guy who hadn't played in 15 months, and is still learning a new position.

Beware of the second year slump... and a lack of talent at qb... allow for a down year...

650 4TDs

EDIT...

consistent lack of production like last year

I like Little as my last WR taken in a 15 player / roster ... I could do a lot worse.