Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Preseason Week 1 - Thursday Games

Figured I'd start a general thread for all the games tonight instead of an individual thread for each. All news and notes, fantasy relevant are welcome.

Washington at Buffalo - 7:00 PM

New Orleans at New England - 7:30 PM

Pittsburgh at Philadelphia - 7:30 PM

Baltimore at Atlanta - 7:30 PM

Green Bay at San Diego - 8:00 PM

Denver at Chicago - 8:30 PM

All times ET

Griffin to Garcon looking good early. Buffalo front four not really doing much so far.

Ryan and Julio Jones going berserk on the first drive, lots of shotgun plays. If this keeps up Julio may be top 2 wr this year.

Ryan Mathews taps out after first carry. Saw this all too often last year. One nice run and asks for a sub. Not sure if he got hurt or what.

Yeah I know its preseason...but cmon

Matt Ryan just threw an interception inside the 20 looking for Roddy on a slant.

Yeah kind of sucks. Not overly worried. On the plus side he marched right into the redzone on back to back drives against a BAL defense.

LOL... 6 for 109 and a TD in the first half... welcome to the first round Julio! :first:

First quarter, not half, I think. :shocking:

Glad I grabbed him in the 2nd in IBL. :doublethumbsup:

Also... Vick just banged his hand on a lineman's helmet, we'll see how bad it is...

Ryan Mathews taps out after first carry. Saw this all too often last year. One nice run and asks for a sub. Not sure if he got hurt or what.

Yeah I know its preseason...but cmon

I saw him leave the field too after his first carry but haven't heard if it was because of injury or not...?

James Starks was not having a good preseason camp - - then he fumbles tonight. :nono:

I'm hearing another injury for Mathews - we continue to question his durability - how in the world is he going to make a full season? Anybody else hear the name Ronnie Brown?

fixed your quote a little:)

I'm hearing a possible shoulder injury for Mathews? Anybody else hear the same?

No but this is why given the chance in the first rd I'll be taking my chances with CJ1K again and not gambling on matthews.

fixed your quote a little:)

;) Mathews wasn't expected to play past the 2nd series so it's unclear how significant his shoulder injury is.

James Starks was not having a good preseason camp - - then he fumbles tonight. :nono:

Agreed. If I was the Pack GM, I'd give serious thought on Benson. Starks looks like Melissa out there.

;) Mathews wasn't expected to play past the 2nd series so it's unclear how significant his shoulder injury is.

Listed as a shoulder injury. I saw the play, wasnt a hard hit. He's soft. This happened all the time last year. He'd disappear to the sideline way too early in games.

Peyton looks pretty good.

His INT was NOT his fault.

Alright, so Ryan Matthews officially stays on my DND list.

Peyton Manning looked decent before the INT. Want to see more of him, but waiting for him or someone like Matt Ryan/Flacco to drop, while I stock up on RBs/WRs wouldn't be too bad of an idea.

Vick could fall...can this guy stay healthy this year? He'd be a bit tempting he falls into the 3rd/4th round, high risk/reward player.

Julio Jones just make it on my "must draft" list. I pray for Welker to come back so some suckers can grab CJ/Welker/Fits/(hoping Cruz)/(maybe Andre Johnson) and I swiftly come in and get Julio.

If Gates truely is healthy then I think he may drop a bit because of his injury ridden season last year, while guys like Gronk/Hernandez and Graham go early.

I've been getting Julio as my #1 WR in the 3rd round in 99% of my mocks.

Not now. If he continues this, he'll be seeing early 2nd.

:mad:

Peyton looks pretty good.

His INT was NOT his fault.

I agree, but the pass to Tamme that was deflected should've been INTERCEPTED. Call it equal then

Eric Decker :wub: - - nice timing between those two so far - - just like has been reported all preseason long

No kidding - we are witnessing Calvin #1 and why not Julio #2?

That's why drafting before preseason is better for people that think they know about football. 'sleepers' loose sleeper appeal with huge preseasons. You do have to worry about the injures though

After watching some SD game my thinking is now, and while I was hoping to get gates, without a true outside wr threat they'll just throw a safety over the top of him and let Meachem try to beat them. The guy there to watch out for is Brown if that does happen. I'd still take Gates but if the value is right I wont reach for him now but I'll def be targeting Brown late.

I notice Vereen is having a nice game for the Pats (according to the stat line). Can't see the game--can anyone watching fill me in on how Vereen and Ridley are doing? Ridley was with the first team, right?

I notice Vereen is having a nice game for the Pats (according to the stat line). Can't see the game--can anyone watching fill me in on how Vereen and Ridley are doing? Ridley was with the first team, right?

Saw this on Rotoworld:

Stevan Ridley rushed eight times for 40 yards in the Patriots' preseason opener Thursday night.

He also earned a talking-to from Tom Brady for an apparent blown blitz pickup, although Ridley was productive on his carries against the Saints and dominated first-team reps. While Brandon Bolden and Shane Vereen worked with the "Hoyer Group," Ridley was locked in as the first-stringer along with Brady, Brandon Lloyd, and the Patriots stud tight ends. We'll continue to update Ridley's progress all August. He has started camp and preseason with a bang.

MY DND List: Starks :thumbsdown: He won't be starting long if at all.

MY DND List: Starks :thumbsdown: He won't be starting long if at all.

Is this a sign that Benson will be heading to GB?

San Diego, to me, has peaked under Norv Turner.

I am leery of all but Gates for that reason.

I was high on Matthews early on and planning on targeting him some drafts. Well, that's not the case now. Matthews has now officially been put on my DO NOT DRAFT list. To many injuries & problems with this guy. I'd feel safer taking DMC.

Is this a sign that Benson will be heading to GB?

Damn I'm good.

Agreed. If I was the Pack GM, I'd give serious thought on Benson. Starks looks like Melissa out there.

Good. Very Good. But I'm better!

:banana: :pointstosky: