Sign in to follow this  
rallo

MJD

I'm not talking about ADP here. You all know the situation... at what point do you take a risk on MJD compared to other RBs... I'm anxious to see some insight... some have him late 1st early 2nd... others won't touch him. What say you?

Personally wouldn't roll the dice unless I have Foster, McCoy, or Rice. If he's good when he comes back, you dominate, if he's bad you should be able to cover that with your stud rb and later round picks.

I had #3 pick overall and grabbed mccoy in 1st..2nd round i couldnt pass up MJD..in the 10th round i handcuffed him with jennings...after I got jennings I felt great about MJD..he can miss the 1st 2-3 weeks of the season but as long as he comes back and dominates Ill be a happy camper

As I posted in another thread recently:

MJD's stats last year were unbelievable considering it was his 6th year, he plays for the pathetic Jaguars, and he was coming off back to back 300+ carry seasons. Now it's his 7th year, the Jaguars are still pathetic, and he now has 3 consecutive 300+ carry seasons. No way I'm investing a high pick in hopes that he'll pull off another miracle. Not to mention he happens to be in a bitter hold-out.

Good luck to all you MJD drafters. I'm way too pessimistic to join that party.

I think i am going to take him at #11 tonight :wall:

Dude dont do it. There are so many other options out there. Invest in a nice safe high flying qb. I say this but last year there were questions about mjd and i ended up taking hin at 2.01. I hated the pick at the time. He helped me win it so i am grateful. If you remember the year before he wqs drafted high, had only a few td, and was injurd for the playoffs.

Who else has drafted MJD?

Its looking more and more like i made a HUGE mistake taking MJD at #11 :wall: Ive thought all along that this holdout could be a long one and still changed my mind before the draft.

from Rotoworld:

The agent for holdout Maurice Jones-Drew reportedly said that his client is now "open to bridging" his relationship with the Jaguars and owner Shad Khan.

Perhaps Jones-Drew finally realizes he has no leverage here. The Jags aren't going to trade him and they aren't going to rip up the final two years of his contract. NFL Network's Steve Wyche spoke to agent Adisa Bakari and came away suggesting that this acrimonious situation could be repaired if one side extends "the olive branch." Still, there has been no communication between the Jags and Jones-Drew's camp since Tuesday's spat in the media. Aug 22 - 10:31 AM

Source: NFL.com

from CBS:

With neither side budging in stalled contract talks, there is a belief circulating around the Jaguars locker room that running back Maurice Jones-Drew will show up soon, CBSSports.com Senior NFL Columnist Pete Prisco reports. Jones-Drew, the NFL's leading rusher last season with 1,606 yards, has been locked in a stalemate with Jacksonville management and missed all of training camp. However, according to ESPN, Jones-Drew said he is open to a trade after Jaguars owner Shad Khan suggested recently that the team is essentially planning to move on without him. It's also possible that his holdout extends into the regular season if he is not dealt, according to the report.

(Updated 08/21/12)

Fantasy Analysis

Jones-Drew was fined every day he was absent at camp and that will continue to run into the regular season. The 27-year-old is probably aware of the situation and will look to return quickly, especially after a report surfaced last week that he could open the season as the backup running back. If Jones-Drew shows up next week, he would be eligible to play in the Jaguars' final preseason game against Atlanta on Aug. 30. There has been talk about MJD facing a reduced workload with Jacksonville so Fantasy owners have several factors to be wary of when focusing on Jones-Drew. His draft stock is tumbling as a result of the holdout and Fantasy owners should now look to him toward Round 2 of drafts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsxQ86Sztn0&feature=related

He will report.

The dude has 1 more season left before he turns 30. His "BIG" payday is behind him...

That 6 million he is currently due is going to feel A LOT bigger when the season starts.

Round three unless I had a top three pick, then the possible upside is too huge to ignore. One negative, this is one of two handcuffs maybe three handcuffs you have to execute on this year to protect your draft investment.

MJD-Jennings

AP-Gerhart

Charles-Hillis (less sold on this one, I think Charles will be ok)

I hate handcuffing picks, its a waste of draft capital, but with the above three backs its a fairly wise investment this year.

I wouldn't take him before the 5th round. Even if he gets traded he will still have missed all of training camp which will only hurt his chances of performing well this year. Really I wouldn't take him at all. There are other backs you can count on this year. You should only take the risk on MJD if you are forced to.

I wouldn't take him before the 5th round. Even if he gets traded he will still have missed all of training camp which will only hurt his chances of performing well this year. Really I wouldn't take him at all. There are other backs you can count on this year. You should only take the risk on MJD if you are forced to.

Im calling big time BS on this. Wouldnt take him before the 5th :lol:

I agree. I'm seeing a lot of parallels to CJ in 2011. Both held out for most of the off-season, both coming off extremely large workloads the previous season (CJ - 360 touches in 2010, MJD - 399 touches in 2011), and both on teams with new coaches and offenses.

Even if he's back by Week 1, I can easily envision owners being frustrated for the first half of the season, while he struggles to get back up to speed. I'd be fine with him as my 3rd option, but as a weekly starter I'd be far less comfortable.

A lot of tough talk around here about not drafting him until RB 4 and such...

I would be hard pressed not to take him at RB2 whether it be late 2nd or somewhere in the 3rd...

A lot of tough talk around here about not drafting him until RB 4 and such...

I would be hard pressed not to take him at RB2 whether it be late 2nd or somewhere in the 3rd...

Exactly. Not everyone is as stupid as me and took him #11 but im calling big BS on you guys that say you wont draft him until around the 4th or only as a RB4 :nono:

MJD Speaks to us :huh:

Maurice Jones-Drew, RB, JAC

News: Speaking on a video teleconference provided by Oovoo.com and DirecTV on Wednesday, Maurice Jones-Drew said he believes "things are going to work out and everything's going to be good" regarding his short-term future. Jones-Drew is mired in a holdout with the Jaguars and there are conflicting reports on when he'll rejoin the team. Responding to a question posed by CBSSports.com, Jones-Drew's advice for Fantasy owners interested in drafting him was pretty cut and dried. "A lot of people were scared last year with me coming off the knee injury but that obviously panned out well," MJD said. "So if you're scared to draft than be scared, that's your choice. I understand that when it's time to play, it's time to play. So it's up to you, you have to do what you want and we'll see how it pans out from there."

Analysis: Jones-Drew has asked for a new deal in the wake of other running backs getting paid while he has two years left on his current contract. CBSSports.com Senior NFL Columnist Pete Prisco believes Jones-Drew will report soon while ESPN believes MJD is possibly digging in for a long holdout. If Jones-Drew shows up next week, he would be eligible to play in the Jaguars' final preseason game against Atlanta on Aug. 30 but might get held out depending on what kind of shape he's in. There has been talk about MJD facing a reduced workload with Jacksonville when he does come back to the team so Fantasy owners have several factors to be wary of when focusing on Jones-Drew. His draft stock is tumbling as a result of the holdout and Fantasy owners should now look to him no sooner than Round 2 of drafts. Naturally if you draft Jones-Drew you should also pick up Rashad Jennings, the running back who is killing it this preseason for the Jaguars, with a mid- to late-round pick.

-from cbs

Im back on the MJD band wagon :banana:

Maurice Jones-Drew: 'Things will work out'

Maurice Jones-Drew told NFL.com that he's confident "things are going to work out" in regards to his training-camp holdout and recommended fantasy owners draft him with the No. 1 overall pick.

Jones-Drew, a fantasy aficionado, also said "handcuffing" him with Rashad Jennings would be a good idea. Jones-Drew's statement doesn't really tell us much, although we suppose it would seem to indicate he'll be playing football this year. We suspect it will be with the Jaguars, as opposed to another team after a trade. Considering the poor track record of training-camp holdouts who report just before Week 1, we'd still be gunshy about MJD before the third round.

Aug 22 - 8:36 PM

:banana:

-from cbs

As people rush for the doors to jump off the Rashad Jennings bandwagon.

I have no idea who is a good trade partner for Jacksonville?

The Jets make the most sense. Question is whether they're a) ready to give up on Greene (no indication of that right now), B) going to give up multiple picks (which is probably what it would take to change Khan's mind), and c) then give up a new top-shelf contract to MJD.

I'd be surprised if he's traded, to be honest. This is Khan's first holdout as owner - he wants to set an example, lest he be perceived as a pushover by the rest of his players (and any future players). If he gives into a trade or contract, then he knows he'll be in the same spot in a couple years with someone else (like Blackmon).

A lot of people just assume he's back by Week 1, but I don't imagine either side flinching any time soon, although if anyone does, it'll probably be MJD. Even if he shows up tomorrow, his availability isn't my only concern. I've already had one opportunity to take him as my RB2 in the late 2nd, and passed. I don't regret it. I'll be doing the same thing in other drafts.

-from cbs

seems like postive news..kind of reassurance to us that everything will be ok lol

seems like postive news..kind of reassurance to us that everything will be ok lol

Come on man!!!! This morning i was pissed off and thought i was already done and then i read this. Gotta stay positive :unsure:

Per Pete Priscis tweet: so MJD said it will all work out.

Think he is back before week 1 in teal. Concern has to be his health after a hold out and physical condition. I think working out wise, he is in great shape, but won't know what type of football shape he is in until he gets back out there.

-from cbs

why couldn't this have come out after my draft on sunday?!?

why couldn't this have come out after my draft on sunday?!?

Back off the MJD wagon :doh: If i could buy low id do so right now but im on the other end of the stick

Latest on CBS:

The Florida Times-Union reports that if Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew hopes to have any shot of starting in Week 1 vs. Minnesota he must report no later than Saturday from his contract holdout. The report says Saturday is the Jags next practice day, and coach Mike Mularkey likely won't feel comfortable starting Jones-Drew for the opener if he waits much beyond that. The story adds that "with the Jaguars running a new offense, and not even sure Jones-Drew has seen a playbook, this isn't your normal acclimation preseason. Jones-Drew will need more time to get prepared."

(Updated 08/23/12)

Fantasy Analysis

Jones-Drew's Average Draft Position is currently at No. 12 overall as the No. 7 running back coming off the board. Based on his situation, that's just too high, and he will likely fall. We doubt Jones-Drew will show up before Saturday, but we can remain hopeful. He has the chance to be a Top 10 or even Top 5 running back this season based on his overall body of work -- he has at least 1,600 total yards and seven touchdowns in each of the past three seasons -- but this holdout could be ruining his year. We would only consider Jones-Drew in the second round at best, and drafting his handcuff in Rashad Jennings has become a must.

Now he is starting to back track and says he wants to remain a Jaguar. :wacko: Sounds to me like he might just be setting it up to come to camp.

Holdout Maurice-Jones said Thursday that his preference is to remain with the Jaguars.

"It's a part of the business but I'd rather be here," Jones-Drew said. "I'd rather stay here with my team, my family ... I'm rooted here in Jacksonville with the NFL." Asked about the holdout extending into the regular season, Jones-Drew replied, "I don't think we're there yet. We're moving forward to doing something. It's day by day. I hope we can get something done." Aug 23 - 10:40 PM

Source: NFL.com

Personally wouldn't roll the dice unless I have Foster, McCoy, or Rice. If he's good when he comes back, you dominate, if he's bad you should be able to cover that with your stud rb and later round picks.

THIS

Would something like Welker/Spiller for MJD be considered "buying low" on Jones-Drew? Non-ppr of course. I just acquired MJD and Im wondering if I should have buyer's remorse, hah. I have McCoy and Charles ahead of MJD on my depth chart, as well as Rashad Jennings as insurance, so I've taken away a bit of the risk. Yes, I know, cool story bro.

Exactly. Not everyone is as stupid as me and took him #11 but im calling big BS on you guys that say you wont draft him until around the 4th or only as a RB4 :nono:

taking him 11 isnt necessarily stupid....if he wasnt holding out you'd never sniff him...he'll show up eventually make no mistake about it.

ppl saying they wouldnt take him unless he is RB4 r not serious nor can they be.

he'll never escape the 2nd round.

taking him 11 isnt necessarily stupid....if he wasnt holding out you'd never sniff him...he'll show up eventually make no mistake about it.

ppl saying they wouldnt take him unless he is RB4 r not serious nor can they be.

he'll never escape the 2nd round.

That is exactly why i took him at #11. Ideally i wanted McFadden but he is not making it that far. Like you said MJDeez Nuts will be on the field soon enough.

I was offered Mathews for MJD.....................said NO :nono:

Got my last draft of year tomorrow and i hope i draft in top 5 picks.

I was offered Mathews for MJD.....................said NO :nono:

Got my last draft of year tomorrow and i hope i draft in top 5 picks.

It's a good thing your not me because you would be drafting last, guaranteed.

Would you guys take a chance on Matthews or MJD first?

In a perfect world I target one of them at 15 after grabbing McFadden at 10.

Second round? I don't know. I just don't feel comfortable 2nd round. Third I think is more appropriate.

I am drafting 4th in a 12 teamer and I might be looking at these guys in the 2nd. I think I would take MJD over Matthews, but it's close. I would definitely reach a couple of rounds early for Jennings afterwards.