Sign in to follow this  
megatron's mom

McCoy good enough to go 4 or 5 overall?

Is McCoy good enough to go top 4 or 5 overall in a PPR league? He didn't get a TON of catches last year and the rumors of them taking touches away are swirling.

Dear Ms Johnson,

McCoy is the consensus # 3 pick in all draft formats. Check the home page (www.fftoday.com) for all rankings and projections.

Thanks for stopping by!

I'd stay away from McCoy, I want a sure thing or at least as sure of a thing that I can get with my #4 or #5 overall pick.

This is a ridiculous statement.

I'd stay away from McCoy, I want a sure thing or at least as sure of a thing that I can get with my #4 or #5 overall pick.

If you mean you want a qb or calvin i understand. If your comparing his less than sure statistics for this year to other rb youre on crack.

He's fine as your second rb but I'd be sure to draft mark Ingram or Reggie bush as your #1 back.

Honestly I would go Vick at 4 or 5 just too much value at that spot

Now youre talking. With vick you get the eagles best rb that throws tds. If thats not value i dont know what is.

With mccoy you have to be careful with his 20 td. Yeah on the surface they look cool but take a closer look. The majority of them were rushing td. I have news for you, its a passing league. If the majority of your td are going to have to come on the ground youre pretty much useless in this league. Plus the eagles have historically been one of the most pass heavy offenses in the league. I heard from a local newspaper, The Onion, that the eagles may not even call a run play this year. So if i was drafting a rb from a team, now this is just me personally, i prefer them to call run plays.

The better question is will your son still love you if you took someone else at #4 or #5.

Colt McCoy? I thought we were talking about Gerald McCoy. You know those IDPs can put up a bunch of points. Ignore his injury he is a beast.

I hope this is for a free league. Otherwise, I would have to suggest alternative investments.

Wait are we talking about the 4th or 5th round? Oh then hells yeah man you are all over that. Don't shy away from Mccoy in the 4th round. He may not be as good as 2011 Mccoy but he has more upside than a few of the RB going on round 4.

This thread is amazing!

While you're deciding to grab McCoy or not with the 4th/5th pick, don't forget to grab the Gregg Williams Bounty DST, it automattically takes out the opposing teams QB/pts.

GWB DST = WIN!

Honestly I would go Vick at 4 or 5 just too much value at that spot

Vick is going to pass for 5000 yards, and run for another 3000.

HTH :pointstosky: