Sign in to follow this  
Old School

Sleeper Pics?

Help a (lazy) brother out.

First draft is Tuesday night and I am not ready.

Got any sleepers to target in the mid to late rounds?

Drafting from the 12 spot in a 12 team redraft ppr league. I'm going to try for a QB/ RB and go from there.

God help me.

Help a (lazy) brother out.

First draft is Tuesday night and I am not ready.

Got any sleepers to target in the mid to late rounds?

Drafting from the 12 spot in a 12 team redraft ppr league. I'm going to try for a QB/ RB and go from there.

God help me.

I would tell you, but I am currently drafting for a league that all the owners are members here, so...

if only there was a bored, maybe somehow affiliated with this one, where people could discuss such things. We should mention that to Mike sometime. Maybe he could start a fantasy football bored as an offshoot of the geek club or something.

:cheers:

I won't call them sleepers since everyone's heard of them but some good mid/late round values IMO:

QB: Big Ben is going in the 8-10 range in a lot of big league mocks which is IMO ridiculous for a guy who consistently plays through injury, has no running game to speak of and a terrific group of receivers. Went over 4,000 yards in 2 of the past 3 years too. I also think Schaub is one of those guys who's really undervalued now as an upside backup. If you're looking for a deeper sleeper, I'd seriously consider drafting Tebow as a 3rd QB - it's only a matter of time before he starts and the guy is just fantasy money.

RB: Watch the Pats' backfield carefully but Steven Ridley appears to be the guy to own and will make a great high upside 3rd RB / flex option. Two handcuffs I particularly like this year are Rashad Jennings and Toby Gerhardt. Both are playing behind injury risks and both are good receivers who are assured of carries either way. If you want to get deeper into sleeper land I think LaRon McClain is this year's Mike Tolbert - a decent rush/receiving option who plunges in TDs behind a focking poosay (Mathews).

WR: Everyone's all over Antonio Brown's jock so I don't need to tell you he's a lock for 1,100+ yards and 8 TDs. I even think the third guy, Emmanuel Sanders, may be worth a very late round flier. The two 2nd year wideouts I really like as later round picks / backups are Torrey Smith (BAL) and Titus Young (DET). I'm slightly higher on Young because he is part of a much more explosive passing offense. One of either Lance Moore or Devery Henderson is going to pick up the slack for Meachem in New Orleans. One guy who's going anywhere from the 8th to the 12th or later I like is Nate Washington - Kenny Britt will absolutely miss time this year for a suspension and Washington is coming off a 1,000 yard season.

TE: So many to pick from. If you miss out on tier 1 (Graham and Gronk) and pass on tier 2 (Hernandez, Finley, VDavis, Witten, Gates) or Tamme, shoot for grabbing a capable / reliable starter plus a high upside young guy. I particularly like taking some combination of Celek / Gonzo / FDavis along with an upside guy like JCook or even Keller. That's 12 TEs this year - in most formats every team will have a decent TE and it's just a matter of whether you think the vast upside of a guy like Graham in Round 2 outweighs the difference between whichever RB/WR you're going to get in the mid rounds. I personally think Graham should come off the board first and I'm seriously considering him mid-2nd.

I normally wouldn't do D/ST/K sleepers, but Buffalo may have the best DL in the league right now and they're barely getting drafted.

Good luck.

Thx. Focking busy as hell, and will be spending 4 hours in meetings today from 1pm to 5pm. Draft starts at 5:30

yes

I always thought sleeper pics were kinda creepy. If it's your thing though....that's cool.

A few players that I think can be had cheap are:

C. Benson - GB's likely starter that is falling. Not going to kill it, but should be good for 1000 yds. and all the GL carries. 8-9 round

E. Decker- could be the main guy in Den and has the tools to be. Solid #2 WR for any team, possible #2 production. 4-5 round

Titus Young - DET WR - someone is going to catch balls besides Megatron and TY is likely to be in single coverage a lot. 6-8th round.

QB -

Peyton Manning looks like a lock for top 4 QB stats provided he doesn't get hurt

In a TEAM QB format, I'm actually contemplating the JETS QB because they are going to run the wildcat with Tebow and I think he'll score a decent amount of TD's.

RB - Doug Martin in TB has won the starting job. The OC, who used to coach Ray Rice at Rutgers says Martin is identical in skills, size and speed to Ray Rice.

David Wilson from NYG has been playing outstandingly and if he can learn to pick up the blitz will likely take over the starting job from Bradshaw at some point this season.

Robert Turbin from Seatlle has been impressive in preseason games and if any injury or suspension for Lynch happens, he'll be a gem.

Toby Gerhart has been very effective for the Vikings and can be a start RB2 for any team unless AP does the impossible and actually starts and looks good in Week 1. I don't see it happening personally, but he is AP and he's not human.

Jacquizz Rodgers might be a steal in Atlanta as Turner never catches the ball and the new OC is a very pass-happy coordinator. Matt Ryan should also have a stellar year.

WR - Obviously Antonio Brown, even moreso now that Wallace will take the double teams.

Jerome Simpson might be a sneaky WR for your 2nd half of the year.

Eric Decker is a lock for 10+TD's IMO

Kendall Wright from Tennessee is a stud and a favorite of Locker

Justin Blackmon might be a sneaky sleeper too. has looked very good in the preseason.

A few players that I think can be had cheap are:

C. Benson - GB's likely starter that is falling. Not going to kill it, but should be good for 1000 yds. and all the GL carries. 8-9 round

E. Decker- could be the main guy in Den and has the tools to be. Solid #2 WR for any team, possible #2 production. 4-5 round

Titus Young - DET WR - someone is going to catch balls besides Megatron and TY is likely to be in single coverage a lot. 6-8th round.

I honestly don't think Benson will get GL carries. Nobody passed more in the Red Zone than GB, plus John Kuhn gets the short yardage duties.

Agree on Decker and especially Titus Young. Word out of camp is that he's destroying everybody and he's clearly talented.

From a Redskins standpoint, Santana Moss is getting no play in Fantasy, but he is finally in a position to be a deep threat from the 2/3 WR position.

Alfred Morris might be worth a final draft slot. Normally I would not touch a Shanny RB, but perhaps you can make Shanny work for you. Morris will get the opening day start IMO and have a field day vs the headless Saints. Then you can trade him to some poor sap who doesn't know that Shanny will have him on the bench by week 4.

Damn- thx for the tips, and for the grief.

My leagues are old and have 2 odd catches that we don't want to change.

START 3 RB in a 12 team ppr league. That is frickin huge if you can get production at your #3 RB position.

And our "flex" can be any position, and is usually a second QB.

I'm hoping to land one of the top 5 QBs and then have to snag a RB- I keep staring at Stephen Jackson- thinking he should be a no frills, steady) week to week.

Going to look for late WR value like Reggie Wayne or Nate Washington.

If I can pull Fitz for QB#2 I should be able to put up some points at that spot.

I need a WR/TE at the end of the 3rd round and some late RBs who will figure into the passing game in order to stand a chance.

Damn- thx for the tips, and for the grief.

My leagues are old and have 2 odd catches that we don't want to change.

START 3 RB in a 12 team ppr league. That is frickin huge if you can get production at your #3 RB position.

And our "flex" can be any position, and is usually a second QB.

I'm hoping to land one of the top 5 QBs and then have to snag a RB- I keep staring at Stephen Jackson- thinking he should be a no frills, steady) week to week.

Going to look for late WR value like Reggie Wayne or Nate Washington.

If I can pull Fitz for QB#2 I should be able to put up some points at that spot.

I need a WR/TE at the end of the 3rd round and some late RBs who will figure into the passing game in order to stand a chance.

I like Justin Blackmon as a sleeper. He's pretty much the only weapon in the passing game, so in ppr, he should put up decent WR3 numbers.

Donald Brown is a good late back I think. Toby Gerhart is a good flier, as peterson may re-shred his knee or something.

And depending on how late he fall, I'd take Kenny Britt. I am beginning to think he won't be suspended. Yes, he's still hurt, but he looks good running and cutting, and is Beast Mode when he plays. You might have to sit him a few weeks up front, but he could be money come playoff time.

Sucked eggs.

Stafford & Romo

; Charles, Bradshaw. Diangelo Williams, David Wilson, J Dryer

Mike Wallace, Britt, Reggie Wayne, Gonzo, Titus Young

Bironas & da Bears

Picture 5, chick has her eyes open. Fail.

:sleep: <----------- I win. Best sleeper pick ever.

Picture 5, chick has her eyes open. Fail.

And a Cack for a nose