Sign in to follow this  
msudavedawg

Stephen Hill - New York Jets

I don't know a ton about the guy but from what I have seen I think he is the real deal. But I don't think the Jets passing game can keep him relevant every week. I think the Bills D is overrated so imo they were passing against a weak D this week.

Very raw rookie. But he seems to follow in the footsteps of other underused GA Tech wideouts - Megatron and D. Thomas. Freak talent. Now whether Sanchez and/or Tebow can continue to get him the ball is another story. <_<

You need to look at how Sanchez used Braylon Edwards and then Plaxico Burress and realize that Hill is every bit as physically gifted as those two and not nearly as polished as either of those guys.

Sanchez will be able to get him the ball no question. The issue is that Hill drops way to many balls. big time gator arms. Still, he could be a nice bench WR, bye week fill in type.

You need to look at how Sanchez used Braylon Edwards and then Plaxico Burress and realize that Hill is every bit as physically gifted as those two and not nearly as polished as either of those guys.

Sanchez will be able to get him the ball no question. The issue is that Hill drops way to many balls. big time gator arms. Still, he could be a nice bench WR, bye week fill in type.

:thumbsup:

P.S. I hope this shuts everyone and their 'Tebow will be starting by week 8' talk up. Give Sanchez some weapons and TIME-the offensive line played awesome today-and the dude can ball.

5/89/2

What's the story on this guy?

Had a terrible pre-season, hes a raw speed guy for now, not a good route runner. Holmes and Keller are competing for his receiving TDs. On the upside, he will be a great option for the deep ball from Tebow out of the wild-cat. Hes still a sleeper for later in the season, would not even think about starting him next week at Pit.

The last time I was surprised about a player, the way I was with this kid yesterday, was the year David Boston put it all together. As the year goes on he will be a must start.

I love love Hill's toughness but he has to start using his hands more to catch the ball instead of his body. There's going to be games where it's going to hurt watching those catchable balls dropped. But overall, the Jets found a little gem!

Yeah, until proven otherwise I'm writing off the Jets passing game as a fluke.

THIS. I wouldn't be surprised if that turns out to be Mark Sanchez's best game of the season.

Proved that his talent + basic skillset can be useful at the NFL level. Good guy to throw out there on the bye weeks hoping for a TD, but I dunno if I'd drop anyone of note for him. Across multiple leagues where my benches include Brandon LaFell, Emmanuel Sanders, Kendall Wright, and Titus Young, I'm not looking to make a Hill pickup for any of them except maybe Sanders.

5/89/2

What's the story on this guy?

Jets homer here.

I think he'll frustrate you. He'll have some weeks like yesterday and others he'll near blank. JMO. It'll be like playing roulette.

Agree with SexyRexy about Hill. However, his output from game 1 should force other teams to respect him and will probably free up Holmes.

THIS. I wouldn't be surprised if that turns out to be Mark Sanchez's best game of the season.

+1 I wouldn't trust Dirty as my starter and will pass on him on the WW. I hope he proves me wrong but it's going to take a lot more than one week against a mediocre D.

Or Hill's for that matter.

Yeah, until proven otherwise I'm writing off the Jets passing game as a fluke.

totally agree :thumbsup:

It has been my contention after playing fantasy football for many moons that the offenses have the advantage for the first month or so of the season. After that the defenses have studied up on a team and really start to shut down any fluky production. Not coincidentally, that is about the time that these kind of performances start to dry up and the studs continue to produce consistently. Hill is not a stud. :music_guitarred:

Definitely a keeper in dynos. I'm not expecting much this year but his measurables are off the charts and I think he'll be a playmaker for the jets.

With coaching, he can improve on route running and better use of hands but 6-4, 215, 4.36, 39.5' vert, is a nice starting point.

On a side note, the inventor of yoga pants should receive some kind of medal or nobel prize. Chicks in yoga pants are ###### hot and they're everywhere!

he looks like a #1 option in Jetsville. I have been blocked by other teams in trying to pick him up.

i wasn't dropping a WR3 for him. i was looking at dropping greg little for him in 2 leagues. i am still thinking about dropping t young and his attitude for him in another league.

he has some upside compared to many WRs on many crappy teams with rookie QBs.

he looks like a #1 option in Jetsville. I have been blocked by other teams in trying to pick him up.

i wasn't dropping a WR3 for him. i was looking at dropping greg little for him in 2 leagues. i am still thinking about dropping t young and his attitude for him in another league.

he has some upside compared to many WRs on many crappy teams with rookie QBs.

I agree. Watch his college highlights - he laid out for a catch against Clemson and repeated it at the combine. i've heard he's a great route runner so I'm taking the chance - even with the shoddy Jets offense - and rolling with him. dropped Little for him.

I think he's worth taking a shot on. He obviously has upside and has unique skill. He's quickly the #1 option in NY. He's apparently a deep threat and a red zone option. Worth the risk IMO.

Anyone forgive Stephen Hill for last week's goose egg enough to start him this week?

Phins secondary isn't great by any stretch. In fact, it's the weakness of their D. That front 7 is very tough. I don't think the Jets will be able to run much. Hill could be a sneaky good play.

Start him? Not until he shows a bit of consistency.

But pick him up? I'd probably would if the guy who spent a high WW pick last week dumps him after his goose egg. Still think he could be a WR3 before the season is out.

Anyone forgive Stephen Hill for last week's goose egg enough to start him this week?

Phins secondary isn't great by any stretch. In fact, it's the weakness of their D. That front 7 is very tough. I don't think the Jets will be able to run much. Hill could be a sneaky good play.

Roll the dice....flip a coin...throw darts at the J.E.T.S. schedule. He'll probably have one or two more decent games but certainly not when you expect it.

I root for the Jets sometimes and think Sanchez is better than he's givin credit for.....but another ho-hum performance by Sanchez coupled with a Jets loss and we could be watching one the greatest and most entertaining QB controversies of all time.