Sign in to follow this  
Serpent

Money League entry amounts

Just trying to get a feel for how much money people put into their leagues and what the highest anybody put in is.

I suggested a $10k entry league but everyone I know balked at it. I've only done $20-100 leagues (or even free leagues). I was wondering if anybody has a really big money league and what the highest is and how that's worked out. Do people go really insane? Some people go crazy in the $20-100 range but I never feel that's really much to get annoyed over.

Does the money amount make a difference? Do you try harder with more and what would be your limit?

I'm in 3 leagues:

$20, $25, $150.

I'd go as high as $250. Anything more than that the old lady would take my pemis too (she already owns the bells).

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh marriage, ain't it grand?

:cry: :wall:

I'm in 3 $100 leagues & 3 $50 leagues. I also participate in a $100 pick em league as well as a $20 survivor pool. I'm not poor but I'm not rich so this satisfies my FF interests.

I've played in a national $500 league on FanBall a few years back. It was nice but I finished just outside of the playoffs. I didn't take that league any more serious than any of my others. Personally, I prefer playing with people I know so there's less hijinx that can possibly go on. Plus the smack talk is much more fun.

10k league? Jeebus, can I count your $ for ya?

I'm in a league that cost $19.95 and pays $2k for first place!

:thumbsup:

the-pffl.com

Please use my referal code: 2E7601FE83

I suggested a $10k entry league

Did you mean one thousand or ten thousand? Ten thousand is a hell of a lot of money. I wouldn't mind one thousand but I am not a big enough gambler to put in 10k. I have all the confidence in the world too but if I lost 10k I would be very sick to my stomach. Just work way too hard for my money to give it away.

40, 100, 100, 150, 250

Scaled back to 2 leagues.

65 & 125

Both leagues are with friends, and that's enough to keep it interesting.

I'm in two leagues that are each $100 entry plus $2 per waiver add.

Also in a $20 survivor pool.

I was in Vegas last year when some ugly, pale, bald dude, with a "little person" who looked just like him asked me to play for $1 million dollars. That was a little steep for me as I normally don't play for more than $100k per league, but he didn't look like he knew too much about FF, so I took the bet (don't tell my wife). It was a 2 person PPR keeper league. This dude proceeded to draft guys like Bart Starr, Gale Sayers, Jim Brown... all guys for the 60s!

When I tried to collect my winnings, he had my ensared in an elaborate trap. Strangely, he left in the middle of my impending demise. You would think he'd want to stay around to watch me die as he put so much work into the trap itself. Anyway, when he left, I somehow escaped. We're now in court over the winnings and I'm not sure that I will ever collect. I will probably just stick with my usual $100k leagues from now on!

I only play in free leagues. Im trying to protect my amateur status, so when Fantasy Football becomes an Olympic sport, i can play.

Then .... go for the bronze.

Hey at least your dreams are both impossible, and reasonable at the same time.

This thread concept is silly no offense. Money is relative. To me 100 bucks is a lot, but to some 10k is chump change and to some, 20 is a lot. It's just pointless to objectify. That said, I'm sorry for being a Debbie downer and fwiw my big league is $175.

Right. But I just told everyone I am in a league that cost me 20 for the year, and I could win 2K. 12 team league. How's that work? It's a tier system and there are bonus prizes. I actually cashed out last year (but dues for my teams). Made money, and it was like $79 last year, reduced to $20 this year, but still big prizes.

Check cleared when I cashed out. Paul is a good guy and is working hard on a system where there will be Fantasy Footbal stars like there are poker stars. The cream will rise to the top. It's a very simple system. Pretty standard but no bonuses for long FGs and no defenses. Don't hafta worry about defense. Phew. Love it.

Anyway, I won a Tier 1 team, so that's why I am competing for the top prize.

NOT ... I repeat NOT because I am famous.

Friends league - $50

FFToday Geeks League - $55

Co-workers - $300

My big money league is a twelve-team, weekly high scoring team takes all. $5 per point between your score and the winner. Runs 17 weeks, no playoffs. Winning score is generally in the 110-130 range. We've had weeks where the lowest guy was over 100 points away from the winner. I personally finished second (by one point) one week with what ended up being the second highest weekly total of the season and lost five bucks that week. :wall: Many of the teams are co-owned, but regardless a lot of dough changes hands.

1st league=$170 entry and $5 per transaction(12 team)

2nd league=$160 entry and $5 per transaction(10 team)

3rd league-free for bragging rights(12 team)

My last year of gambling, I lost about $20,000 in football. Made it up in baseball but football hurt my bunghole. So, me and some fellow gamblers turned to fantasy football to get our fix.

16 team $500 buy in

12 team $160 buy in (2) 1 has been around since 95, I am commissioner and I hate everyone else in this league. I live to crush these guys. With partners, about 20 guys who have been friends for 25 years. the most competitive league with the most trash talk.

12 team $140 buy in POLICE, ICE, BORDER PATROL, DPS AGENTS. My how my life has changed.

the most i can lose $960. the way i figure it, i am making over 10grand, with no juice. no trips to the bank and meeting in back alleys. (actually in a strip club.)

$50 survivor pool. taking it seriously this year.

taking it seriously this year.

Yeah ... that's what I said about quitting underage hookers.

Good luck with that. Maybe stop trying to look like Justin Beiber so much.

Just trying to get a feel for how much money people put into their leagues and what the highest anybody put in is.

I suggested a $10k entry league but everyone I know balked at it. I've only done $20-100 leagues (or even free leagues). I was wondering if anybody has a really big money league and what the highest is and how that's worked out. Do people go really insane? Some people go crazy in the $20-100 range but I never feel that's really much to get annoyed over.

Does the money amount make a difference? Do you try harder with more and what would be your limit?

I only play in 2 leagues now.... (Tried 3-4+ a few times but it was just to much and less fun)

$1,000 buy in Redraft - (Antsports)

$100 - 2 keeper (local Friend league)

I have a degenerate gambler co-worker that is in a 10k league with mandatory weekly side bets with every team in the league. Those are negotiable between you and each team. You can be way up or down each week as the season progresses. A few of the owners are clueless. They just need the action.

One $100

Two $50

One $65

Three freebies to try new stuff like IDP/auctions/ect

Played in a $500 buy in 12 team league last year. Finished in 2nd (first in points) and took home $1800. Spent prolly half my winnings on antacid and booze throughout the season self medicating though. Very little fun, that league - each Sunday morning every sit/start decision was just agony - and making the wrong call was a total buzz kill on my day. From now on I'll keep it light on the wallet. Lots more fun that way.

I have a degenerate gambler co-worker that is in a 10k league with mandatory weekly side bets with every team in the league. Those are negotiable between you and each team. You can be way up or down each week as the season progresses. A few of the owners are clueless. They just need the action.

It's the American Way!