Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

Pitta

Smart fluid, pass catching TE with great hands. Closed the season and playoffs with about a TD every other game.

Wouldn't be shocked if he ends up as their #2 receiver and becomes a poor man's Hernandez for lack of a better analogy.

That said, surely competing for targets with Smith, Boldin, Rice and the other more blocking TE Dickson.

As great as his line looked the other day he only had 1 catch at the half. Ravens might be winning a lot of games this year and I don't expect them to be slinging it all over the place with the frequency they were Monday night.

I think his upside is around TE 8 or so on the season if everything went right...but I think he could have weeks when he might disappear.

I really like him as a player and I own him in Zealots dynasty but options like Rudolph and Fleener, where targets are likely to be a bit more guaranteed as things stands with the WRS and their respective teams playing more in comeback mode, might be better bets for short term consistent production until Pitta repeats his performance.

I think FFtoday is way too low on him for their rest of way rankings.

http://www.fftoday.com/rankings/rotw.php?o=1&PosID=30&LeagueID=

I would have him 22nd where they have Dickson. Of course Dickson will have games but Pitta has clearly emerged as a better fantasy bet dating back to the second half and playoffs of last season and someone Flacco trusts.

Some of the names they have ranked ahead of him are :shocking: imo.

Even though it's a gross overgeneralization, you can do worse than go by the following rule of thumb:

The more a team goes no-huddle, the more likely it is that the QB will throw to RB's, TE's, and underneath WR's.

This accounts for the bumps relative to their standard productions for Anquan Boldin (who is very much an underneath guy in the new offense), Dennis Pitta, and Heath Miller in Pittsburgh to boot.

Anyone rushing out and getting Pitta after that monster day vs Cleveland?

12/9/102/0. Albeit in comeback mode and vs the Browns.

TE Dennis Pitta, BAL – UPDATE: Only Wallace has hauled in a TD passes for the Ravens, but that could change this week at Jacksonville. Pitta had 9-102-0 on 12 targets from Flacco Sunday, and he figures to be a low-end TE1 going forward with decent upside despite being owned in just 10-15 percent of fantasy leagues heading into Week 3.

Anyone rushing out and getting Pitta after that monster day vs Cleveland?

12/9/102/0. Albeit in comeback mode and vs the Browns.

Dropping Barn Hedge for him.....while waiting for Eifert to return.

You had to dredge up GFIAFP post from 4 yrs ago?! Couldn't just start a new Pitta thread?!?! :wall:

Diffently on my target list.

Dropped Barnidge for him. Man I am so dumb for drafting a TE when I know better. Always better options on the Wire unless you get Gronk or Olsen.

Dropped Barnidge for him. Man I am so dumb for drafting a TE when I know better. Always better options on the Wire unless you get Gronk or Olsen.

Did the same. Dropped Barnidge.....was pretty please to get Pitta at #8 on waivers.

Would you drop Vance McDonald for Pitta? I have J Thomas also rostered.

Hasnt Vance scored in both games? Thats pretty rare for a TE, I would hold him.

If your in a ppr league I wouldn't hesitate and drop McDonald for Pitta.

I picked him up over Vance, JJames in my 14 team ...while I await some good news from Eifert. I'm good with Pitta.

Tyler Eifert (ankle) returned to a limited practice Wednesday.

This is Eifert's first practice since the playoffs last season after he messed up his ankle in the Pro Bowl. It's a good sign to see him back on the field, but Eifert is surely at least another week or two away from playing in games after missing the entire offseason. Still, it's probably a good time to look if he's on waiver wires in fantasy leagues. Eifert should be back at some point in October.

Hasnt Vance scored in both games? Thats pretty rare for a TE, I would hold him.

5 Targets - 3 receptions, 2 TD's. I think you definitely drop him in PPR. It's folly to expect TD production like that on so few targets. I'm dropping McDonald in my standard league for Pitta. I just don't see him being a consistent part of that offense.

Tyler Eifert (ankle) returned to a limited practice Wednesday.

This is Eifert's first practice since the playoffs last season after he messed up his ankle in the Pro Bowl. It's a good sign to see him back on the field, but Eifert is surely at least another week or two away from playing in games after missing the entire offseason. Still, it's probably a good time to look if he's on waiver wires in fantasy leagues. Eifert should be back at some point in October.

Source: Paul Dehner on Twitter

Beauty! My man hoydogg! Tnx brother.

• Like 1

5 Targets - 3 receptions, 2 TD's. I think you definitely drop him in PPR. It's folly to expect TD production like that on so few targets. I'm dropping McDonald in my standard league for Pitta. I just don't see him being a consistent part of that offense.

I dunno. I've been told on these very forums that Vance is matchup proof...