Sign in to follow this  
$0.02

Week 3 Defense/Special Teams

Based on performances from first 2 weeks...

("a" and "b" means a tie)

1a. New Orleans (vs. Kansas City)

1b. St. Louis (@ Chicago)

2a. Washington (vs. Cincinatti)

2b. Arizona (vs. Philadelphia)

3. Cleveland (vs. Buffalo)

4a. Buffalo (@ Cleveland)

4b. Oakland (vs. Pittsburgh)

Everyone is grabbing Arizona off the wire, but which of these other teams is the one to get?

Honestly I wouldnt want any of those teams as my defense for this week.

Depends...i have Houston....im taking a hard look at some of those considering the Texans have to go TO Denver. Yuck

Well i picked up Arizona cause i missed on Buffalo with waiver. After Buffalo got me 0 and Oakland -5 last week i think any production and ill be happy.

All are solid. I'm pretty happy starting AZ at home against an Eagle team down a couple linemen and possibly Maclin.

If they weren't available then I'd probably go Buffalo, though St.Louis is intriguing.

If you are going to be taking a flyer anyway what about Carolina? Eli has been known to throw a pick or two on occasion. No Nicks or Bradshaw, seems like a shot at some turnovers on broken assignments. Just a thought, I'm not reccomending just wondering what you guys think. You do get to watch them as a bonus on Thursday night too.

Everyone is grabbing Arizona off the wire, but which of these other teams is the one to get?

I dont see why "everyone is grabbing Arizona"...yeah Vick throws some INTs but still, they will get a lot of yards and points. The only one of those with a good matchup and a decent D to back it up that you have is Buffalo. Cleveland is not much of a threat. New Orleans D is terrible, they are getting sliced through like butter.

1a. New Orleans (vs. Kansas City) - This one has shootout written all over it.

1b. St. Louis (@ Chicago) - St Louis can't stop the run.

2a. Washington (vs. Cincinatti)- Another shootout

2b. Arizona (vs. Philadelphia) - Arizona looked great vs NE last week, but McCoy and Vick are a different beast than Ridley/Brady. I expect a letdown.

3. Cleveland (vs. Buffalo) - I hate to say it, but Cleveland might be the best option on here.

4a. Buffalo (@ Cleveland) - ditto above for here, except 2nd best option.

4b. Oakland (vs. Pittsburgh) - The Steelers ripped a decent jets defense last week. Expect more.

Depends...i have Houston....im taking a hard look at some of those considering the Texans have to go TO Denver. Yuck

I don't know I've always been one to look at former coaches "saying hi" if you will to former bosses i.e. Chan Gailey vs. KC last week and week 1 last season.This game sees not just Phillips going back to Denver but Kubiak as well. :dunno:

I dont see why "everyone is grabbing Arizona"...yeah Vick throws some INTs but still, they will get a lot of yards and points. .

The two teams played last year:

In 2011 (a 21-17 Arizona victory), Vick completed 16 of 34 for 128 yards. He had two interceptions and was sacked five times.

The two teams played last year:

In 2011 (a 21-17 Arizona victory), Vick completed 16 of 34 for 128 yards. He had two interceptions and was sacked five times.

This!

Throw in the fact that Maclin will most likely sit & how many INTs has Vick thrown this year?

I wouldn't say they're a lock to put up major points, but you could do a lot worse.

Only one of these I like is Buffalo vs Cleveland

1a - NO can't stop anyone. Carolina a team that scored 17 combined points against TB and NYG, put up 35 on them. Even though the Chiefs offense sucks, I would rate NO defense as 32 of 32. Stay away.

1b - STL not overly impressed with their first two efforts and despite Chicago's lackluster performance against GB, I think they'll easily put 20+ on the cards at home.

2a - Cincy has been moving the ball pretty well (even vs Baltimore) and put up some points on Cleveland. Skins have yet to really slow down anyone on D.

2b - Zona - Philly has moved the ball very well and if they ever cut down on the turnovers they could score a ton of points. If your DST scoring gives you a lot for turnovers and Defensive TD's I'd say yes. If it's more based on points and yardage allowed I'd be a bit leary.

3 - Cleveland vs Buffalo. Buffalo had a bad game vs Jets, good gamve vs KC. I'm not sure I'd expect a great defensive effort here but not bad if you have no other options.

4a - I actually like this play better than the Cleveland side of this. Despite the performance last week I'm not sold on Wheden and the Bills DST has talent, just need to see if they come together.

4b - Oakland vs Pitt - Oak struggled with the dolphins anemic offense. Doubt they'll give Pitt much of a game defensively

Speaking of the Dolphins, I like that play vs the Jets. I think week 1 was an outlier for the Jets offense. I just don't think they are very good.