Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Will LeShoure finish with 1,500 total yards and 20 touchdowns?

And if not, will he at least be a capable #2 RB? :dunno:

I'm shocked that the Lions gave him so many carries yesterday - they must've REALLY like him and hated Kevin Smith. I wouldn't expect a team that's as pass happy as Detroit to have much of a role for a running back but that defense is so bad, maybe they're trying to speed the game up a little and take some pressure off Stafford?

Anyway, just wondering what other owners think about LeShoure's value going forward. I've never once seen him play a down of football at any level.

their offense was absolutely horrible in the first half.

The Lions are a passing team, the only way they can win is by outscoring the other team, they cannot do that running the ball 35 times a game. They are who they are, I would try to sell high on Leshoure, you might even be able to get CJ0K for him

The Lions are a passing team, the only way they can win is by outscoring the other team, they cannot do that running the ball 35 times a game. They are who they are, I would try to sell high on Leshoure, you might even be able to get CJ0K for him

As exciting as 20 yards on 30 carries is with CJ<1yardpercarryK, I like a team that can at least get to the goal line and punch it in.

With the current refs they let the defensive players go full speed and lay the wood down on QBs, so you can't just drop back and chuck it 50 times a game (unless maybe you're Eli Manning). Even the Packers are running the ball more, and the Patriots are as well. The Saints always actually ran well, so they aren't as affected.

It also is because they had a great matchup. It's not like the Titans can stop anyone running the ball, I started Leshoure as a result in one league.

Going forward he's still a start against poor run defenses. He will have to prove himself against better defenses for him to become a stud that you pencil in every week.

As exciting as 20 yards on 30 carries is with CJ<1yardpercarryK, I like a team that can at least get to the goal line and punch it in.

The Titans moved the ball up and down the field, honestly Leshoure was a 12+rd pick and CJ a 1st, Leshoure might outscore CJ the rest of the year, I can easily see it, but that is a perfect sell high, buy low opportunity.

Seems anytime Detroit uses one RB primarily, that RB does well (Best pre-injury last year, K Smith late last year and weeks 1-2, LeShoure this week). Gotta think you're happy if you're an owner.

I'm curious if the injury to Stafford may have an impact on LeShoure's PT (since he's essentially a rookie, is he an insufficient blocker, which would be unacceptable with a gimpy QB)...but that's really overthinking it. For some reason, Detroit seems to hate Kevin Smith.

Tough to get a read off last game, because Tenn's D is horrible (34 pts to NE, where Ridley looked amazing, and then 38 pts to a Mathews-less SD).

Can lions homers answer me this...why does the coaching staff hate Smith so much? From a fantasy perspective he seemed to put up decent #'s. Is he missing blocking assignments, fumbling, dropping passes?

Can lions homers answer me this...why does the coaching staff hate Smith so much? From a fantasy perspective he seemed to put up decent #'s. Is he missing blocking assignments, fumbling, dropping passes?

Somewhat of an unsolved mystery...

Most plausible scenarios I've seen suggested:

1) Smith isn't the type of back to move piles of defenders / wear down defenses... Leshoure fits that role better.

2) Management / coaching staff has a stiffy for proving they didn't waste a pick on Leshoure, so they'll feed him the rock to prove their competency in their player selection.

Somewhat of an unsolved mystery...

Most plausible scenarios I've seen suggested:

1) Smith isn't the type of back to move piles of defenders / wear down defenses... Leshoure fits that role better.

2) Management / coaching staff has a stiffy for proving they didn't waste a pick on Leshoure, so they'll feed him the rock to prove their competency in their player selection.

I don't necessarily agree with the second part here. In 99% of the case, coaches play the best players. LeShoure is obviously the most talented RB on their roster. Thus, expect him to get the bulk of the carries.

I don't necessarily agree with the second part here. In 99% of the case, coaches play the best players. LeShoure is obviously the most talented RB on their roster. Thus, expect him to get the bulk of the carries.

Yeah, I should've noted that I lean heavily to #1, with a smidge of #2...

I'm not a homer, but I watched that last Sunday night Detroit game. It seemed like almost every other run Smith would fall without even being tackled.

I could get a swift kick in the head for him too but why would I want either for Leshoure?:dunno:CJ0K? No thanks!

last year they threw the ball 66% of the time. lead the league.

Sunday with Stafford in the game they still threw the ball 60% of the time. Just because they ran Leshoure 26 times doesn't mean they weren't playing to who they are.

If you add in the pass plays called where he ahd to scramble or got sacked. They called 62% of pass plays while stafford was in the game.

So contrary to popular belief, they were who they are.

FWIW, they also called pass plays 60% of the time against the 9ers as well. Despite the talk they tried to force the run.

Yeah but 60% of all statistics are made up.

I'm not a homer, but I watched that last Sunday night Detroit game. It seemed like almost every other run Smith would fall without even being tackled.

he has weak ankles and is injury prone.

the only way they can win is by outscoring the other team,

Very interesting analysis. How exactly are other teams winning games if they aren't outscoring their opponents?

Very interesting analysis. How exactly are other teams winning games if they aren't outscoring their opponents?

It's called "parity" and the NFL loves it. You can actually win games by scoring less than your opposition. It's FAN-tastic!

He had a strange habit of tripping over the white lines when he gets ino open space. No joke.

Since last year, he probably could have had 4 or 5 huge runs (20+ yards), but it's like he gets all excited and trips over his own feet. It's really infuriating to watch.

I don't think the Lions themselves know what they're doing or why they're doing it most of the time. Did you hear Schwartz's mind-boggling explanation for why Detroit did not kick a chip-shot field goal to tie Sunday's game in overtime? Crowd noise. Yes folks, these ARE the Lions.

I would like to thank the refs for answering my question in a very timely manner.

I have Leshoure and Smith. I hate that I am using up two spots on my bench. Thinking about trading them for SJax. Bad idea?

I don't think the Lions themselves know what they're doing or why they're doing it most of the time. Did you hear Schwartz's mind-boggling explanation for why Detroit did not kick a chip-shot field goal to tie Sunday's game in overtime? Crowd noise. Yes folks, these ARE the Lions.

Well Schwartz is a ######, so what do you expect from him?

What a real coach would have done is taken the blame for it even if it wasn't on him. Instead Schwartz is busy throwing his team under the bus when it was probably his call to begin with. Why would you even ###### around there when a FG ties it back up? You're on the road, how often does that work out for the road team?

I know a lot of guys are optimistic about LeShoure, but after watching that game Sunday, i'm not sure there's much much value to be had with any RB in the Detroit backfield. Tennessee played their safeties 20 yards off the line for the entire game and they were even dropping their LB'ers back. Leshoure ran with some power, broke some tackles and gained positive yards, but at no point did he ever do enough to change the titans game plan and force those safeties up. They invited Detroit to run and showed them no respect. So despite a pretty good stat line for Leshoure, it wasn't a very effective game plan. If you look at their upcoming schedule, it sure isn't going to get any easier. Unless LeShoure has more than what was shown Sunday, Detroit's going to have to go back to slinging it, in which case Smith is the better receiver out of the backfield. I can see a full blown RBBC where Leshoure is the short yardage option and Smith is the guy when they have to throw it. Mix in a little Bell on top of that and can you really rely on any of them to consistently produce?

I know a lot of guys are optimistic about LeShoure, but after watching that game Sunday, i'm not sure there's much much value to be had with any RB in the Detroit backfield. Tennessee played their safeties 20 yards off the line for the entire game and they were even dropping their LB'ers back. Leshoure ran with some power, broke some tackles and gained positive yards, but at no point did he ever do enough to change the titans game plan and force those safeties up. They invited Detroit to run and showed them no respect. So despite a pretty good stat line for Leshoure, it wasn't a very effective game plan. If you look at their upcoming schedule, it sure isn't going to get any easier. Unless LeShoure has more than what was shown Sunday, Detroit's going to have to go back to slinging it, in which case Smith is the better receiver out of the backfield. I can see a full blown RBBC where Leshoure is the short yardage option and Smith is the guy when they have to throw it. Mix in a little Bell on top of that and can you really rely on any of them to consistently produce?

You are absolutely wrong sir. The Titans had their safeties deep to stop Megatron. He didn't have a catch in the 1st half. Then the Lions put him in the slot and that's when he started making catches. Leshore reminds me of Beast Mode without the DUI's. Kevin Smith will never see the field again unless LeShoure gets hurt. Dude has had too many chances to prove himself but he is no different from Javid Best injury wise. 1500 total yards and 11 TD's is more like it.

You are absolutely wrong sir. The Titans had their safeties deep to stop Megatron. He didn't have a catch in the 1st half. Then the Lions put him in the slot and that's when he started making catches. Leshore reminds me of Beast Mode without the DUI's. Kevin Smith will never see the field again unless LeShoure gets hurt. Dude has had too many chances to prove himself but he is no different from Javid Best injury wise. 1500 total yards and 11 TD's is more like it.

LOL, what exactly is it that I'm wrong about? They showed zero respect to the Detroit run game, playing the safeties back to limit the big play to Mega and inviting them to run. At no point did LeShoure force them to bring up the safeties to stop him. He only averaged 3.8 ypc with 7 or less in the box. Let's face it, Tenn is one of the softest defenses they'll play this year and they don't exactly have a high octane offense. 1500? Not a snowball's chance.

More in store for Leshoure for sure!:overhead:

LOL, what exactly is it that I'm wrong about? They showed zero respect to the Detroit run game, playing the safeties back to limit the big play to Mega and inviting them to run. At no point did LeShoure force them to bring up the safeties to stop him. He only averaged 3.8 ypc with 7 or less in the box. Let's face it, Tenn is one of the softest defenses they'll play this year and they don't exactly have a high octane offense. 1500? Not a snowball's chance.

It was the guys first regular season game in well over a year and he STILL had 100 yards and a td. I didn't see the game so I can't comment on how he looked, but I would imagine he will only get better from here. Right now, I would be safe using him as a flex and occasional rb2. I'm definitely not saying this guy will finish in the top 20 among rbs, but he definitely has value.

Just traded leshoure for roddy white. I think white will become more consistent from now on as his schedule is very favorable. I was debating on asking for cruz or demaryius thomas instead, but both have much tougher schedules and also face baltimore in the playoffs.

Also leshour's sched is going to get very tough against the run. He was playing a defense that showed zero respect for the run game. If he were a top rb he would have torched the titans against that game plan.

Whoa. Not to rain on any parades here, but Leshoure posted a pedestrian 3.8 ypc against a Titans D that had, in the previous 2 weeks, been smoked by Steven Ridley and allowed 140 and 2 scores to a San Diego committee of Larry, Mo and Curly.

We'll see what he can do against some pretty stout run defenses on Detroit's schedule. If I had to make the call right now, I'd say Leshoure is a pure matchup play who will put up a number of 40 and 50 yard games against tougher D's.

Just traded leshoure for roddy white. I think white will become more consistent from now on as his schedule is very favorable. I was debating on asking for cruz or demaryius thomas instead, but both have much tougher schedules and also face baltimore in the playoffs.

Also leshour's sched is going to get very tough against the run. He was playing a defense that showed zero respect for the run game. If he were a top rb he would have torched the titans against that game plan.

Everyone that Plays Detroit is going to have to respect that passing game more than the Run.

Everyone that Plays Detroit is going to have to respect that passing game more than the Run.

Yeah and the next few weeks will be against teams very good at stopping the run. Dont see what youre getting at. If he had 3.8 yards per carry against a bad run d who didnt respect the run, what does that tell you?

Leshoure owner here. I can't believe someone gave up Roddy for him. Cruz? cant's see that happening. But thanks for the idea, I am gonna see what i can get for him. I didn't think his value was that high.

Yeah and the next few weeks will be against teams very good at stopping the run. Dont see what youre getting at. If he had 3.8 yards per carry against a bad run d who didnt respect the run, what does that tell you?

What I'm getting at is you're essentially saying that the Titans didn't have respect for the run (AKA were focused on taking away the pass). That's how every team that plays Detroit is going to play them.

You say "against a bad run d who didnt respect the run" like every other team is going to make it their focus to stop Leshoure. That's just not the case.

EDIT: I'm not disagreeing with you as far as Leshoure's outlook is concerned.

It was the guys first regular season game in well over a year and he STILL had 100 yards and a td. I didn't see the game so I can't comment on how he looked, but I would imagine he will only get better from here. Right now, I would be safe using him as a flex and occasional rb2. I'm definitely not saying this guy will finish in the top 20 among rbs, but he definitely has value.

:thumbsup:

I watched the game. It's true that the Titans' safeties were playing WAY back for the entire game; and, in the second half, the LBs were also dropping back in prevent alot too. All that said, I still thought that Leshoure looked pretty good running the ball -- especially considering it was his first game in over a year. Of course, the 3.8 ypc isn't as good as you'd like to see; but he's got relatively little competition in a good offense. [The coaches seem to hate Kevin Smith for some reason, and Jahvid Best is a walking injury if he even comes back this year.]

I'm not expecting Leshoure to light the world on fire. But, as long as he's healthy, he should be a good #2 FF RB and/or a great flex play for most teams.

:dunno:

What I'm getting at is you're essentially saying that the Titans didn't have respect for the run (AKA were focused on taking away the pass). That's how every team that plays Detroit is going to play them.

You say "against a bad run d who didnt respect the run" like every other team is going to make it their focus to stop Leshoure. That's just not the case.

EDIT: I'm not disagreeing with you as far as Leshoure's outlook is concerned.

No, but the point he's trying to make is the same that I was earlier. Tennessee just isn't a very good football team right now and they didn't show LeShoure any respect, and he didn't do anything to force them to. He ran with some power and generally gained positive yards, but he didn't show any elusiveness and doesn't appear to have a 2nd gear when he breaks the line of scrimmage. That matters because the majority of front sevens they are going to face from here on out will be much stouter than Tennessee's. So its logical to expect that he will likely do even less damage against them. Detroit's not a running team. They fed him the ball in an effort to force the safeties up so Calvin could make some plays downfield, but that didn't happen. Again, its more than logical that that strategy will be even less effective against a team like say Chicago, GB, Houston, Arizona, etc. So the point we're trying to get across is they aren't likely going to be able to feed the guy the ball 26 times and be able to stay in the game with some of these stronger teams. That's going to force them to throw the ball more, in which case LeShoure's not likely to get as many opportunities. Smith is definitely a better receiver out of the backfield, so he might not even be on the field as much. I have no doubt LeShoure will still get a few carries and most likely see the goal line opportunities, but I don't see him being a reliable start week in and week out and I certainly don't see how he's going to post anywhere near 1500 yards. As a Stafford owner, I REALLY wish that wasn't the case, because if Detroit could have an effective run game, that would definitely open things up downfield; but if LeShoure can't do significantly better than he did against Tennessee, it just ain't going to happen.

He's not going to get 1500 yards but with so few primary ball carriers left in the league he is definitely going to be a good RB2 to have. Like most RB2s, he is primarily a matchup play, but at least you know he will get something every week. You can't say that about most of the backs in the league.

And yes, the Titans defense is dreadful. That is why I started LeShoure in a couple of leagues. I always play matchups with these middle of the road RBs.

If you just want studs to plug in at RB then LeShoure isn't for you and hopefully you hit on your RB-RB-RB strategy at least twice. If however you used a different strat and have players at other positions that you just plug in, LeShoure is a great matchup play and will be fine on your team, with the possibility of developing into that stud, albeit unlikely, still potentially.