Sign in to follow this  
ppierce

McFadden's value

What is he worth to you guys if you were to pitch him for a QB and another RB? What caliber player would you expect in return??

I don't know what QB/RB he's be worth but don't think it's wise to try and move McFadden while his value is low.

its actually fairly high right now in my league with the unknown coming out of the bye. people either view him as their savior or a total bust.

It's hard to gauge the value of a two-for-one trade. In fact, I've never actually done one. They're dangerously misleading. It gives you the impression that your getting two for one, but most of the time people offer you two pieces of crap for one nugget of gold. Instead, I always insist on two-for-two trades where its easier to see and adjust both sides of the scale. For example, if I already had two solid backs and McFadden were sitting on my bench and I needed to upgrade my QB position. I'd look for McFadden's equal among QBs, let's just say Peyton Manning. And then look around the league for the equivalent to my starting QB. Say Philip Rivers for Doug Martin. In a vacuum, I'd say that's fair: upgrading from Rivers to Manning, while downgrading McFadden to Martin.

Of course, the kicker in this trade depends on what you think the future holds in store for McFadden. Is he going to continue to struggle in Oakland's new ZBS, in which is value will never be higher than it is now? Or is he the most talented double threat in the NFL who just hasn't gotten untracked yet? If you believe the first, then move him now. I tend to lean toward the second, in which case, I wouldn't trade him for all three of the aforementioned players.

in most leagues mcfadden's value is still sky high simply due to the fact that the bye weeks are crunching rosters and hes still a work horse RB. i would hold if i owned him for sure, and i think he'd be pretty hard to trade for outside of leagues where you can only start 2 rbs.

if you have the rb depth and need to move him, i'd go no lower than a top 6 qb and an rb you feel comfortable starting.

For what it's worth I just traded for him, got rid of AJ and the terrible fantasy situation he's in with the Texans.

Four games is still a small sample size to be down on McFadden, he's got plenty of time to get into last season's form

Why is everyone saying McFadden's value is low?

in PPR scoring he is currently the 19th ranked RB (Murray is 18th) and every back ahead of him has yet to face their bye week.

So far he's been very good at home and bad on the road but Miami has a very underrated run D. I get why his value wouldnt be super high but seems a little low right now considering he is a workhorse back capable of 20+ point games as he has done 505 of the time. also catches passes.

It's hard to gauge the value of a two-for-one trade. In fact, I've never actually done one. They're dangerously misleading. It gives you the impression that your getting two for one, but most of the time people offer you two pieces of crap for one nugget of gold. Instead, I always insist on two-for-two trades where its easier to see and adjust both sides of the scale. For example, if I already had two solid backs and McFadden were sitting on my bench and I needed to upgrade my QB position. I'd look for McFadden's equal among QBs, let's just say Peyton Manning. And then look around the league for the equivalent to my starting QB. Say Philip Rivers for Doug Martin. In a vacuum, I'd say that's fair: upgrading from Rivers to Manning, while downgrading McFadden to Martin.

Of course, the kicker in this trade depends on what you think the future holds in store for McFadden. Is he going to continue to struggle in Oakland's new ZBS, in which is value will never be higher than it is now? Or is he the most talented double threat in the NFL who just hasn't gotten untracked yet? If you believe the first, then move him now. I tend to lean toward the second, in which case, I wouldn't trade him for all three of the aforementioned players.

well, two for one deals are never truly two for one.

everyone is limited in the number of roster spots you have.

so if I trade you two players for one of your players, that's not all there is to the trade. upon completion of the trade, you then are forced to drop a player. so it is actually a 2 for 2 deal from the perspective of the guy trading away the one player. it's just that the second player is being dropped onto waivers instead of going to the other team.

always factor this into any trade evaluation on this sort of deal.

I just offered-up Colston + D Bryant for McFadden + R Barden in a PPR Dynasty league (essentially 2 for 1 as Barden has no place on my roster). I'm fairly deep at WR and want to get a 3rd start-able RB (start 2-3 RBs and 2-3 WRs).

My RBs: Foster, McCoy, Tate, B Brown, Turbin, W Powell

My WRs: AJ Green, D Bowe, K Britt, P Garcon, V Brown (IR), R Cobb, Colston, D Bryant

His RBs: Bradshaw, R Bush, Sproles, Gerhart, McFadden

His WRs: M Wallace, B Llyod, McCluster, N Washington, DHB, Barden

I let you know...

Got rejected. Said he didn't think he had enough RB depth.

what if you threw in powell?

I was contemplating offering Ridley + K.Rudolph for McFad in a league where guy has junk at TE and I have A.Hernandez returning. Still not sure if I should offer it (whether or not its an RB upgrade...I don't care about Rudolph)

I find D-Mac's fantasy value very intriguing. One big run doesn't break a "slump", yet after four games it is amazing how much more highly regarded he is than Chris Johnson. (And I'm more invested in McFadden than Johnson, so let's not even go down that road...) Yeah, I get it...CJ let us down last year and obviously isn't producing this year, but has everyone forgotten that D-Mac is an annual injury risk and essentially one big run and a fluky 13-catch game away from being an even worse fantasy player than CJ? I'll admit I like McFadden's ROS season prospects better simply b/c Oakland seems much more committed to keeping him involved, but the difference between the two right now in fantasy isn't nearly as great as many would have you believe. Both players have incredible talent but are stuck behind o-lines that are struggling - to be kind.

Look, I'm not a fool and can see D-Mac runs harder, but that has always been the case. And I find it fascinating that people have been so quick to say D-Mac has had difficult matchups while Johnson just plain sucks. The truth is that neither player has faced a particularly easy slate and both are players I'd like to have around fantasy playoff time based on how the matchups look right now.

I think DMC is one of those guys that are just worth holding. If he goes off his value will go through the roof and if he doesn't then I do think it's worth th risk. I am willing to bet he goes off more often than he doesn't.

The Raiders stated they have made some adjustments, but haven't abandoned the zone blocking scheme all together.

My gut tells me DMC picks it up big time coming out of the bye.

I think DMC is one of those guys that are just worth holding. If he goes off his value will go through the roof and if he doesn't then I do think it's worth th risk. I am willing to bet he goes off more often than he doesn't.

The Raiders stated they have made some adjustments, but haven't abandoned the zone blocking scheme all together.

I sure hope you are right! I thought I was set up bigtime at RB with DMAC and Mathews and MAthews finally came up big. Those two start producing with Brees at QB and look out!!

I sure hope you are right! I thought I was set up bigtime at RB with DMAC and Mathews and MAthews finally came up big. Those two start producing with Brees at QB and look out!!

i do think the DMC thing is an overreaction...he's had 2 good games, 1 average game and 1 bad game. he's going to be JUST fine. sometimes people get what my friend and I call fantasy itis and expect far too much.

when all is said and done DMC will do you proud.

per Roto

Coach Dennis Allen indicated the Raiders spent a lot of time tweaking the rushing attack over the bye week.

The Raiders aren't going to overhaul the zone-blocking scheme, but they're determined to get their best player on track. The softest run defense McFadden has faced to this point has been the vaunted Steelers. This week's opponent, Atlanta, is ranked 27th against the run, allowing 5.4 yards per carry.

I agree...I just wanted to go on record to say that McFadden "slumping" vs. Johnson's "sucking" seems like an obvious double standard to me.

I agree...I just wanted to go on record to say that McFadden "slumping" vs. Johnson's "sucking" seems like an obvious double standard to me.

to a degree...however DMC's issues are more adjusting to blocking schemes whereas CJ is running east west on every play not hitting holes.

to a degree...however DMC's issues are more adjusting to blocking schemes whereas CJ is running east west on every play not hitting holes.

And this is part of my point...why is CJ running east-west? While DMC's blocking has been substandard, Johnson's blocking has been horrible. He's not running east-west because he is bypassing a small crack in the defense hoping for a larger one, he's getting swarmed a lot of times before he can even get to the hole. (Tell you what...if you'd like, I'll go back through all of his carries tonight after the PIT-TEN game and count how many times he has either been hit or dodged multiple defenders in the backfield before he crosses the line of scrimmage.) Too many smart football people are making this about all about Johnson. I get he's not a guy that is easy to root for, but let's at least start by rightfully assigning where the majority of the blame belongs.

DMC also struggled the first time he was part of a ZBS, are we now to assume that Oakland will get it figured it out now just because he's proven himself as a runner in a man-blocking scheme? Believe me, I want DMC to thrive as it would likely mean I see a nice chunk of $$ at the end of the year, I just marvel at the hatred CJ has apparently earned over the past 1 1/2 years.

Back to the thread at hand, I'm considering a deal in an experts' league where I would trade Brady and Graham for DMC and Witten. While I'd be left with just Ponder at QB for now, it's the price I'm willing to pay right now to make up for the mess I got myself into that league by not sticking to my usual auction draft strategy.

And this is part of my point...why is CJ running east-west? While DMC's blocking has been substandard, Johnson's blocking has been horrible. He's not running east-west because he is bypassing a small crack in the defense hoping for a larger one, he's getting swarmed a lot of times before he can even get to the hole. (Tell you what...if you'd like, I'll go back through all of his carries tonight after the PIT-TEN game and count how many times he has either been hit or dodged multiple defenders in the backfield before he crosses the line of scrimmage.) Too many smart football people are making this about all about Johnson. I get he's not a guy that is easy to root for, but let's at least start by rightfully assigning where the majority of the blame belongs.

DMC also struggled the first time he was part of a ZBS, are we now to assume that Oakland will get it figured it out now just because he's proven himself as a runner in a man-blocking scheme? Believe me, I want DMC to thrive as it would likely mean I see a nice chunk of $$ at the end of the year, I just marvel at the hatred CJ has apparently earned over the past 1 1/2 years.

Back to the thread at hand, I'm considering a deal in an experts' league where I would trade Brady and Graham for DMC and Witten. While I'd be left with just Ponder at QB for now, it's the price I'm willing to pay right now to make up for the mess I got myself into that league by not sticking to my usual auction draft strategy.

oh we are on the same page completely....i'm not disagreeing with you at all.

I just traded Doug Martin for CJ earlier this week...just too much upside...if he gets his blocks and can hit the hole he's going to run for yardage. i refuse to believe the guy isn't going to get it together...even last year in a bad year didn't he finish with 1,000 yards rushing and something like 300 - 400 yards receiving?

top 3 back this year? no...but he can absolutely give me great value in the flex for goodness sake...

He'll I had peterson and Mathews, and thought dmc was a solid buy low candidate..... Bad luck had me 0-4, and so traded rice and a few pieces for rg3 dmc and a few pieces.

I traded Mendenhall and Dez Bryant for McFadden and Denarious Moore on Tuesday. How's that! :banana:

I traded Mendenhall and Dez Bryant for McFadden and Denarious Moore on Tuesday. How's that! :banana:

LMAO what?! haha

The Mcfadden owner in my league just traded him for broken down gates and boldin I offered up Dez and Hernandez for him and got shot down.

He is barely worth a start right now. He and the Raiders suck

He is barely worth a start right now. He and the Raiders suck

Tell that to McFadden owners. They wont let go of him unless they get someone who was drafted in rounds 1 or 2 like where they drafted him. I think its funny :lol:

Tell that to McFadden owners. They wont let go of him unless they get someone who was drafted in rounds 1 or 2 like where they drafted him. I think its funny :lol:

Just Mcfadden owners are like that? That's how owners of any back drafted in the first two rounds are like. You know the potential they have, so it's hard to give that up regardless how poor they're performing for someone with a limited ceiling.

Told you to trade him after week 3. I sent him and gates to the ray rice owner after Hernadez went down. Oakland is a joke and McFadden is overrated.

Told you to trade him after week 3. I sent him and gates to the ray rice owner after Hernadez went down. Oakland is a joke and McFadden is overrated.

This

If only Al Davis were still alive. He would have fired Knapp in Week 2. They need to abandon the zone blocking. It's NOT WORKING!!!

If only Al Davis were still alive. He would have fired Knapp in Week 2. They need to abandon the zone blocking. It's NOT WORKING!!!

You aren't kidding. This coaching staff is truly a joke.

Why would they have ever abandoned the power scheme anyway? McFadden dominated last year before he went down & then made Micheal Bush look like Arian Foster.

Buy low

I heard this same stuff about Chris Johnson......everyone selling low, while I was buying. Was able to acquire him in three leagues.....for the likes of LeShoure, K. Smith, and Andre Brown. He is no longer a stud....but will have blow-up games like today that win ff games in the flex.

FF is kinda like the stock market...when everyone is selling in panic, it is usually a pretty good time to buy low and hold.

I thank God he survived through this week. I dropped Mendenhall and added Dwyer just for this week. Now I'm dropping Dwyer and adding Goodson for the rest of the year. McFadden, McGahee, and Goodson through the Super Bowl.