Sign in to follow this  
lowman

Josh Gordon

They have so many WR injuries. Any Browns fans have any input. I have been playing a long time, and my team needs to turn it around.

Not a Browns fan but I'm also rolling with J.G this week in a 14 team league due to bye weeks and injuries. I think he is a risky play because he has a low catch rate and his place in the offence hasn't been defined. The upside is that Cleveland has to throw the ball to someone and Gordon runs some deep routes where a small amount of catches can add up fast.

I don't think he is very talented while a not very talented QB is throwing him the ball. This last game was a fluke that had some broken coverage. He may see this again as the pass attack will lull some teams to sleep but against even an ok pass defense I doubt he makes much of any impact. Still can't believe the Browns gave up a second round pick for him.

You seem to be in the minority, frozenbeernuts....what gives you that impression of the young Mr. Gordon?? I admit that the only info, thus opinion, I have is from the research I've done on the web but it seems that although he's as "raw" as they come, most people in the FF community think he has quite a bit of potential....even comparing him to the likes of Marshall those types! With the current WR situation in Clev, it sure won't take long to see what the kid has or doesn't have...just my way of thinking albeit obscure.....

I don't think he is very talented while a not very talented QB is throwing him the ball. This last game was a fluke that had some broken coverage. He may see this again as the pass attack will lull some teams to sleep but against even an ok pass defense I doubt he makes much of any impact. Still can't believe the Browns gave up a second round pick for him.

Nuts, Admit it.. you were up late that one crazy night in the Zealots league trying to claim his ass! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Nuts, Admit it.. you were up late that one crazy night in the Zealots league trying to claim his ass! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Lol. I actually was not. I go to sleep at 7:30 so staying up that late wasnt worth it to me. I did wish i was on to witness the shananagans, but i wasnt.

[/quote

You have no idea why they gave up a 2nd? Seriously bro? This guy has the potential to become elite. His talent, work ethic, speed, size and his massive hands rare. Sure, he may not pan out, but how many other 2nd round picks are busts in drafts?

You seem to be in the minority, frozenbeernuts....what gives you that impression of the young Mr. Gordon?? I admit that the only info, thus opinion, I have is from the research I've done on the web but it seems that although he's as "raw" as they come, most people in the FF community think he has quite a bit of potential....even comparing him to the likes of Marshall those types! With the current WR situation in Clev, it sure won't take long to see what the kid has or doesn't have...just my way of thinking albeit obscure.....

You act like you're surprised by this dude's ignorance. He's easily the most negative/know-it-all person on the board.

You act like you're surprised by this dude's ignorance. He's easily the most negative/know-it-all person on the board.

I have to call you out on this comment, Redzonehog. FrozenBeerNuts is a good guy. I can vouch for him, as I play in a league with him. Why trash somebody simply for stating his opinion? Let's have a little more class and consideration, please.

I'm calling him out due to his constant negativity. If he's not simply disagreeing with someone, he's making a personal attack on someone else. That's my problem with him. As many have stated, he also has very poor taste in women, but that's not even my problem with the dude. Take up for your buddy all you want, I couldn't care less.

I'm calling him out due to his constant negativity. If he's not simply disagreeing with someone, he's making a personal attack on someone else. That's my problem with him. As many have stated, he also has very poor taste in women, but that's not even my problem with the dude. Take up for your buddy all you want, I couldn't care less.

And a 60% chance of rain sunday or the browns game im going to pass on Gordon entering my roster :overhead:

I just don't like Browns receivers as a general rule. Who was the last one that actually turned into much of anything? I'm thinking... Still thinking... I think you have to go back to Braylon Edwards' one-hit-wonder season, what, 5, 6 years ago? Staying away from them until proven otherwise.

I just don't like Browns receivers as a general rule. Who was the last one that actually turned into much of anything? I'm thinking... Still thinking... I think you have to go back to Braylon Edwards' one-hit-wonder season, what, 5, 6 years ago? Staying away from them until proven otherwise.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Michael Jackson

I have to call you out on this comment, Redzonehog. FrozenBeerNuts is a good guy. I can vouch for him, as I play in a league with him. Why trash somebody simply for stating his opinion? Let's have a little more class and consideration, please.

Beer is fine. While I don't always agree with him, he just says what he thinks & never sugarcoats anything. What may come off as rude, I say he's just blunt. RaiderHater, on the other hand.... :lol:

Ok so lets start with the jhud thread. Nevermind that his contribution is usually to put a start sit question on the incorrect board. I know people do it all the time but many of the people who post on the wrong board have been here for a long time. They have put a lot of time and effort into this board and have helped out in countless situations themselves. So yeah i dont mind if they really need help with something for once after contributing so much.

I thought my response was rather innocuous compared to how hard many on here hammer others.

Now here is why i really dont like jhud. After being on this board for a few hours he called out another poster on here for no reason. I dont think anyone else really noticed it but me. I forget what jhud said to start it but he did start the flaming. The part i do remember is him making a rather cruel attack on this other posters avatar/pic.

It was a black and white photo with what looked like 2 people smiling. It was very hard to tell what these people really looked like. Jhud being his classy and upbeat self, layed into the poster about his pic calling the two fags and kept on making gay jokes about the guys pic. It was the first time i have seen someone be cruel like that over someones picture and also the first time i had seen someone be seriously attacked based on their sexuality (big word, dont choke saying it).

Jhud seemed to calm down after that as he may have gotten a talking to by mike, but i honestly couldnt believe the callousness in which he tried to hurt this other poster for no focking reason. So excuse me if i dont care for someone as venemous as that for no reason.

Yes i have been kind of a d!ck. Sometimes i come off like that but i dont mean any harm, most of the time. Now after a few recent comments yeah i have been a bit venemous myself, but you have no focking clue who i am or what i post about.

As far as making fun of a pic (eerily similar to jhud), you sound like a little bich, honestly bro. Are you really that butt hurt over a few comments on this board where you need to bring up old sh!t constantly? Is that all you have to do all day? Sit around and wait for an opportune moment to blast away again? Let it go man. After this i am going to hope it ends here. You can be man enough to end it right?

You have no idea why they gave up a 2nd? Seriously bro? This guy has the potential to become elite. His talent, work ethic, speed, size and his massive hands rare. Sure, he may not pan out, but how many other 2nd round picks are busts in drafts?

I just don't think he will pan out. The Browns are such a bad franchise that I don't have a lot of faith in their talent evaluation. Gordon ran a 4.52 40 yard dash at his pro day. That is decent speed for a guy his size. One of the more concerning aspects of his pro day was his bench press. He repped 225 13 times. Now that is one of the easier categories to work on, but if he was such a hard worker you think his strength would be a little better.

He has been arrested numerous times and was kicked off of Baylor. It's not like Baylor is a yearly powerhouse and can afford to just cut ties with super star athletes. I thought his production at Baylor should have been better considering he was working with RG3. I do not see any indications that he will turn into a good NFL WR. Setting aside what Gordon is actually capable of, the QB situation in Cleveland is just not good. Maybe Weeden becomes a good QB but I doubt that also. I mean how many QB really thrive in a given draft class, and how many players thrive coming out of the supplemental draft? Not many.

I know Gordon has gotten in trouble with the law multiple times which would suggest his football career wasn't as important to him as some may think.

As far as being in the minority, I enjoy being in that position sometimes. It means I am thinking the opposite of everyone else, which if I am right I should benefit from my stance.

I think the main point for this thread is THIS year. Dynasty is a bit different, but this year I don't think Gordon will contribute much to the owners that do add him to their teams. Like I said, he will have a few more TD but will be so far from consistent that it will not be worth the risk to start him unless he is your only option.

@ Patmos, thanks buddy :wub:

Ok so lets start with the jhud thread. Nevermind that his contribution is usually to put a start sit question on the incorrect board. I know people do it all the time but many of the people who post on the wrong board have been here for a long time. They have put a lot of time and effort into this board and have helped out in countless situations themselves. So yeah i dont mind if they really need help with something for once after contributing so much.

I thought my response was rather innocuous compared to how hard many on here hammer others.

Now here is why i really dont like jhud. After being on this board for a few hours he called out another poster on here for no reason. I dont think anyone else really noticed it but me. I forget what jhud said to start it but he did start the flaming. The part i do remember is him making a rather cruel attack on this other posters avatar/pic.

It was a black and white photo with what looked like 2 people smiling. It was very hard to tell what these people really looked like. Jhud being his classy and upbeat self, layed into the poster about his pic calling the two fags and kept on making gay jokes about the guys pic. It was the first time i have seen someone be cruel like that over someones picture and also the first time i had seen someone be seriously attacked based on their sexuality (big word, dont choke saying it).

Jhud seemed to calm down after that as he may have gotten a talking to by mike, but i honestly couldnt believe the callousness in which he tried to hurt this other poster for no focking reason. So excuse me if i dont care for someone as venemous as that for no reason.

Yes i have been kind of a d!ck. Sometimes i come off like that but i dont mean any harm, most of the time. Now after a few recent comments yeah i have been a bit venemous myself, but you have no focking clue who i am or what i post about.

As far as making fun of a pic (eerily similar to jhud), you sound like a little bich, honestly bro. Are you really that butt hurt over a few comments on this board where you need to bring up old sh!t constantly? Is that all you have to do all day? Sit around and wait for an opportune moment to blast away again? Let it go man. After this i am going to hope it ends here. You can be man enough to end it right?

After calling me a "little bich" in one of your many books you've written on this board, no I will not let it end here. You're clearly the "little bich"...there's photo evidence to prove that fact. WOW what a man you are to blast me and say "you are man enough to let it end here, right?" What a PUZZY!!!

Also, it's funny how you are justifying others asking lineup questions due to there "contributions". It's the Internet, you tool!!! Not life or death.....who cares????? Seems to me like you take this message board and what's said on here waaaay to serious. News flash...."a talking to from Mike" would affect me in no way whatsoever. I know this is your life, so I understand how much it means to you, you little "bich".

And last but not least, you obviously think jhud and I are the same person (LMAO), but you fail to realize the fact that several posters have ripped you a new one. Dude face it...people don't like you. And BTW, I remember the jhud thread as well, and you're wrong. Jhud didn't start it...that kid did by making a faggish comment about jhud's team. Jhud proceeded to call him gay, and you defended the queer. Go back and check again.....I did. Now, you want to shutup? Thanks, bich.

Broken coverage or not, Weeden seems to be growing up quickly and has the arm strength to get it downfield. I picked up Gordan the other day to stash him and wait and see. So far I like what I see. Every year there's a WR that comes out of nowhere to put up great numbers the second half. Some that come to mind that I've picked up, gotten lucky and ended up playing over the years:

David Boston

Chad Johnson

Boldin

Mike Williams

S Rice

L Robinson

Some of these guys were obviously better than others, but they went undrafted, or drafted and dropped before I was able to scoop them up and use them.

Is Gordan that guy this year? As "raw" as he is, and as "bad" as Cleveland is, he's starting to look like it.

After calling me a "little bich" in one of your many books you've written on this board, no I will not let it end here. You're clearly the "little bich"...there's photo evidence to prove that fact. WOW what a man you are to blast me and say "you are man enough to let it end here, right?" What a PUZZY!!!

Also, it's funny how you are justifying others asking lineup questions due to there "contributions". It's the Internet, you tool!!! Not life or death.....who cares????? Seems to me like you take this message board and what's said on here waaaay to serious. News flash...."a talking to from Mike" would affect me in no way whatsoever. I know this is your life, so I understand how much it means to you, you little "bich".

And last but not least, you obviously think jhud and I are the same person (LMAO), but you fail to realize the fact that several posters have ripped you a new one. Dude face it...people don't like you. And BTW, I remember the jhud thread as well, and you're wrong. Jhud didn't start it...that kid did by making a faggish comment about jhud's team. Jhud proceeded to call him gay, and you defended the queer. Go back and check again.....I did. Now, you want to shutup? Thanks, bich.

Yeah, you're still butt hurt. I guess you're just going to have to work that out. Please stop littering the board with garbage in the meantime douche bag, and most of all, stop crying. You sound pathetic.

Butt hurt? Ha what a loser you are, kid. It's called replying to you in similar way you replied to me. Now kiss my azz. If you can tell the difference between it and your hideous wife, that is.

Nice call on Josh Gordon, btw.

Hey genious....how about you go back and take a look at the conversation http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=406614&st=0?

The little fairy clearly started the "flaming" (in more ways than one). How about you learn the facts before speaking next time? I didn't know having an ugly girlfriend could make you that stupid...

The only 2 players that even did good are Romo and Julio. I don't think anyone else even had a TD or close to 100 yards

Everyone that has a 'solid' team should probably post it so no1 else can care about it then

You're blind...my team rocks. Are you emo, btw? Your picture looks that way.

So Teren saying that he should post his team so that no one else could care about it was flaming you? He said your team was 'solid.' How that is flaming you I don't know. Well you are kind of a tard so I can understand you taking offense to that. Of course your only come back to this "insult" was to start making fun of this guys pic and asking if he was gay.

Great memory redzone, jhud got flamed big time. You both reread the thread today and still got it wrong. :lol:

So Teren saying that he should post his team so that no one else could care about it was flaming you? He said your team was 'solid.' How that is flaming you I don't know. Well you are kind of a tard so I can understand you taking offense to that. Of course your only come back to this "insult" was to start making fun of this guys pic and asking if he was gay.

Great memory redzone, jhud got flamed big time. You both reread the thread today and still got it wrong. :lol:

Great advice on Gordon, I will definetly consider it.

Thanks.

Let it go FrozenBeerNuts. Jhud423 & Redzonehog aren't even worth wasting your time on. Hopefully the Mods shut them down so their contribution of weekly WSIS threads go away.

On the basis of Josh Gordon, it's tough to get a read on the kid. He's got playmaker ability but I agree, his stats were padded on back to back weeks of broken coverage on his long TD's. Since Greg Little has done little (no pun intended) to solidify himself as the WR1 in that offense, Josh Gordon will continue to garner targets from Weeden. Unless you're in a 14-teamer or greater, I just don't see the value in him this year.

Great advice on Gordon, I will definetly consider it.

Thanks.

Sorry man, I try to take an objective view of each player. He may go on to be the best rookie wr this year, or he may not score another td. Guys are going to score throughout the season. I was trying to project an entire season and cannot pin point each game every player will have an impact.

Hopefully next time i am more accurate.

A big play threat that doesn't get an awful lot of receptions/yards otherwise... hello devery henderson. Maybe i'm missing out on this years breakout WR... but i'll pass.

I got him on a dynasty team...far from starting him, but like where he is at right now

Sorry man, I try to take an objective view of each player. He may go on to be the best rookie wr this year, or he may not score another td. Guys are going to score throughout the season. I was trying to project an entire season and cannot pin point each game every player will have an impact.

Hopefully next time i am more accurate.

No worries about that, I was just trying to get the conversation back on Gordon, that's all. I have my own ratings, I just check these threads to see if I have possibly overlooked something that someone sees easily in him.

Maybe his TD's aren't just missed assignments as it's happened now 3 times catching wide open TD passes. Don't know how else to explain it though. Anyway he does seem lie the best of the Browns WR's though

Hey genious....how about you go back and take a look at the conversation http://www.fftodayfo...ic=406614&st=0?

The little fairy clearly started the "flaming" (in more ways than one). How about you learn the facts before speaking next time? I didn't know having an ugly girlfriend could make you that stupid...

None of you faigs would last 2 seconds on the Geek Bored.

I piss on your lame-ass flame wars, you pathetic dooshes!

:pointstosky:

None of you faigs would last 2 seconds on the Geek Bored.

I piss on your lame-ass flame wars, you pathetic dooshes!

:pointstosky:

Thank you for putting out the match with your stream. I think it has fizzled already, but pissing on it a little more couldn't hurt. :cheers:

Thank you for putting out the match with your stream. I think it has fizzled already, but pissing on it a little more couldn't hurt. :cheers:

Yeah...pretty much got tired of arguing when you simply couldn't comprehend the difference between mockery and literally speaking. It's cool though...this board isn't my life like it is yours. Nor do I have time to type books like you do. I'm sure you're a cool guy though... :blink:

Maybe his TD's aren't just missed assignments as it's happened now 3 times catching wide open TD passes. Don't know how else to explain it though. Anyway he does seem lie the best of the Browns WR's though

He is going to be a risky boom or bust as my WR#3 in a 14 team league but he has the ability to score points quick. How many other receivers have been blessed with so much blown coverage? The Browns brass has been known to be poor at evaluating talent but they thought he was Julio Jones with better hands. I know that is a stretch. Weeden has a decent arm to wing it and the Browns will play from behind and have to throw for somebody. When the Browns have the run game working he is dangerous on the play action pass. Of course you will have dud weeks but I'd rather have a guy that can put up 15 points than a guy like Bess that will get you 3-8 each week.

Getting back to Josh Gordon... what do you guys think of him this week? Are the other browns receivers still injured? Personally I'm pretty intrigued by this guy. He's Enormous. 6'4"? He's only caught long bombs so far but I think he might have some value in the red zone with that kind of height. He got a good leap? Sorry for all the questions but I've never seen him play and I'm just trying to figure out what I've gotten myself into. Got him off waivers and starting him due to byes.