Sign in to follow this  
Ron Silversmoke

Doug Martin

Your probably looking at him being a top 10 RB. I'd say your late to the party. Owners are going to want an awful lot after this weeks performance, Blount trade rumors, Buc's offense improving weekly, and the fact that he's getting the goal line touches.. I wouldn't trade him for anything on my teams but I'm fairly loaded at WR.

Maybe package an RB and WR together unless a guy is weak at QB or something.

I'd expect to get a player back that fits a roster need I have...

These questions are so stupid, because it's all completely relative. He might be worth Peyton Manning to a guy with Cam Newton or Michael Vick as his QB1. He won't be worth Peyton Manning, if his QB1 is Aaron Rodgers.

What other RB's does the owner have? What are the roster requirements? Is he weak at a position you have depth at? Ask yourself these simple questions and you'll get a much better gauge of what he's worth to the guy you're trying to trade.

I'd trade him for 2.5 minutes alone with the girl in mobb deep's avatar

You gonna fock her twice? :first:

Someone sent me an offer for him when he was coming off his 8 carry, 40 total yard game against Washington for Demaryius Thomas .5 PPR. I accepted.

At the time I valued him less than Alf Morris and near equal with Sproles...while being an unproven rookie.

Now his value is peaking. For me to still make that trade it would take a player of that caliber or better.

I'd expect to get a player back that fits a roster need I have...

These questions are so stupid, because it's all completely relative. He might be worth Peyton Manning to a guy with Cam Newton or Michael Vick as his QB1. He won't be worth Peyton Manning, if his QB1 is Aaron Rodgers.

What other RB's does the owner have? What are the roster requirements? Is he weak at a position you have depth at? Ask yourself these simple questions and you'll get a much better gauge of what he's worth to the guy you're trying to trade.

Of course its all relative. Still, just getting ideas on the type of players he's being traded for helps :dunno:

Averaging 155 and a score over his last 3 games. Bucs offense looking completely legitimate. No serious challenge for PT by other backs on his team. Yeah, I'm demanding top-10 RB value for him at a minimum.

I know their physical build is different, but his skill set and overall production as a rookie is reminding me a lot of Matt Forte (and his rookie production). Martin seems to have a well-balanced skill set for his position. Might not have blazing speed, but he can do everything asked of a RB, and does it well.

I'd want low 1 or high 2 wide receiver.

Of course its all relative. Still, just getting ideas on the type of players he's being traded for helps :dunno:

No it doesnt. Why bother trying to get around the fact that it's a team manager question? It doesn't matter if I traded Peyton for Martin, unless you have Peyton and the Martin owner has a crappy QB. Trades are like snowflakes.

Show us the roster of the guy who has Martin and your roster and we'll help you play fantasy football.

No it doesnt. Why bother trying to get around the fact that it's a team manager question? It doesn't matter if I traded Peyton for Martin, unless you have Peyton and the Martin owner has a crappy QB. Trades are like snowflakes.

Show us the roster of the guy who has Martin and your roster and we'll help you play fantasy football.

This is the correct question. I drafted from the twelve spot in a twelve team re-draft. I went Forte and then Sproles. I got fawked last year taking J Charles and then RUN DMC. I got buttfawked doing that so I went in a different direction this year and took a chance on the above RB's since our league is a half point per reception this year. On the 3-4 turn I took Harvin and the Martin while everyone else was going QB and WR. So far it's working out pretty good as I also took R Jennings with my last pick. I have offerred up any of my RB's for trade bait for a number 10 and below WR and noone has bitten, yet. The only real offer I have received is Hakeem Nicks for any one of my RB's. Nicks has had a bad three weeks and I'm not going to settle for him. Is that a good idea or do some of you think that it's a good idea? My other WR's are R Wayne, that main doosh in buffalo, S Rice, and T Young. I'm thinking i need to demand at least a top ten WR for any of the RB's I own.

I'll hang up and be pissin.

I'd want Somone like a welker for Martin. He's my number three rb and I am nit desperate to tradehim at this point.

Posted this in the other thread as well.

Bucs lose All-Pro LG Nicks for the season

Bucs placed LG Carl Nicks (toe) on injured reserve, ending his season.

The injury is reportedly similar to the one that ended the season of Cowboys ILB Sean Lee. Nicks has been battling it since early September. For the Bucs to end his season suggests a recent setback. A 2011 first-team All Pro selection and $47.5 million offseason signing by the Bucs, Nicks had been Tampa's best offensive lineman and one of the league's premier run-blocking guards. His loss is a blow to Doug Martin's surging fantasy value. Interior swingman Ted Larsen is expected to take over as the starter.

Posted this in the other thread as well.

Bucs lose All-Pro LG Nicks for the season

Bucs placed LG Carl Nicks (toe) on injured reserve, ending his season.

The injury is reportedly similar to the one that ended the season of Cowboys ILB Sean Lee. Nicks has been battling it since early September. For the Bucs to end his season suggests a recent setback. A 2011 first-team All Pro selection and $47.5 million offseason signing by the Bucs, Nicks had been Tampa's best offensive lineman and one of the league's premier run-blocking guards. His loss is a blow to Doug Martin's surging fantasy value. Interior swingman Ted Larsen is expected to take over as the starter.

Was just going to post this...sucks for Martin. Martin's only plus-4.0 YPC average is coming on wide left runs, which might suggest that losing LT Donald Penn would be a bigger loss for the team, for what it is worth. But it is pretty telling that all but 31 of Martin's 129 carries this season are to the wide left, left and middle of the formation (including all three rushing TDs). Stats aside, though, logic suggests this is going to hurt Martin at least a little bit.

That's me.

:nono: :mad: :huh:

Get this, week 6, my buddy needed a WW pickup for MJD's bye. I suggested 'ol dougie for em. MJD gets injured so Doug is a staple in his line-up. Everything's peachy until week 8. He plays me and focking doug fries up a 30-burger on my ass. I'm never helping anyone ever again.

Get this, week 6, my buddy needed a WW pickup for MJD's bye. I suggested 'ol dougie for em. MJD gets injured so Doug is a staple in his line-up. Everything's peachy until week 8. He plays me and focking doug fries up a 30-burger on my ass. I'm never helping anyone ever again.

I am not sure what's stranger...Martin being on the WW or you giving advice to an owner in your league.

I am not sure what's stranger...Martin being on the WW or you giving advice to an owner in your league.

You'd be surprised what treasures I've found lying around on the WW in this league. And as for the advice, its not a money league, so we do stuff like that all the time if we're not facing each other. My money league however is no holds barred.

You'd be surprised what treasures I've found lying around on the WW in this league. And as for the advice, its not a money league, so we do stuff like that all the time if we're not facing each other. My money league however is no holds barred.

Given that little detail, I am not surprised at all.

I don't know I guess it's a fault- no money and I am not interested. I can't play poker that way either.

Given that little detail, I am not surprised at all.

I don't know I guess it's a fault- no money and I am not interested. I can't play poker that way either.

Well lookee here folks....we've got ourselves a high roller!!!!!! All you losers in free leagues need to step back for the VIP. :banana:

That's a man, stoopid.

Just FYI, the girl in Mobb Deep's avatar is Keyra Agustina. Happy googling.

All I see in Mobb Deep's avatar is the greatest pitcher to ever grace the mound... Kenny FOCKING Powers!

All I see in Mobb Deep's avatar is the greatest pitcher to ever grace the mound... Kenny FOCKING Powers!

It's different on mobile and pc for some reason. Never been able to sync them up. On mobile it's K fockin P and on PC it's K fockin A!

Well, I was able to trade Welker/Dwyer/Wilson for Martin/Vincent jackson. Then traded reggie Bush for RGIII. THe RGIII owner was in last place and also had Aaron Rodgers, plus no RB.

Well lookee here folks....we've got ourselves a high roller!!!!!! All you losers in free leagues need to step back for the VIP. :banana:

Seriously though, playing free fantasy football is like playing poker without money. Pretty pointless. It feels like a waste giving any advice in a free league.