Sign in to follow this  
fugoondo

Carson Palmer

He consistently gets ranked w/ the schlubs...but consistently outscores most qb's not named Brees, Rodgers, Brady. But has even outproduced them a few of the weeks. I dont like him in real life...but in fantasy, he deserves more hype.

His remaining schedule is just plain silly, and his crew is finally all healthy at the same time.

Just giving a shout out to a very serviceable fantasy qb

I start him in my 2 QB league. Now that he has some healthy WRs, things are starting to look up. I had Ponder in there for a while but he has since come way back to earth. Like Palmer ROS.

Number 19 QB in one of my leagues, number 16 in 6 PP passing TD, -2 per interception.

He's had a nice past 3 weeks, but hardly a world beater.

Number 19 QB in one of my leagues, number 16 in 6 PP passing TD, -2 per interception.

he isn't a world beater but he is far outplaying his draft position. in a 6pt TD league he is outscoring Cam, Flacco, Schaub, Bradford, Romo, Cutler, Rivers. nothing amazing but very good value. he is just below QB's like Stafford, Luck, Vick, and Smith. and he actually has more yards than all those last 4 guys, and pretty much as many yards as Big Ben.

in a league where you can play a QB in the flex, he is a top 40 scorer (6pt TD)pretty darn nice to be able to plug in there.

I lost this past week because I started Rivers instead of Palmer. I still have Rivers in my lineup for this week, but am thinking hard about switching.

How well do you think Palmer will do against the Ravens? I'll have RG3 on bye. Ravens defense hasn't been what it has in the past, but it still feels risky to me.

Then again, I can just see this game being a bit of a shootout.

Palmer vs. Ravens?

he isn't a world beater but he is far outplaying his draft position. in a 6pt TD league he is outscoring Cam, Flacco, Schaub, Bradford, Romo, Cutler, Rivers. nothing amazing but very good value. he is just below QB's like Stafford, Luck, Vick, and Smith. and he actually has more yards than all those last 4 guys, and pretty much as many yards as Big Ben.

in a league where you can play a QB in the flex, he is a top 40 scorer (6pt TD)pretty darn nice to be able to plug in there.

No he's isn't. He was being drafted as a mid-QB2, he's playing as a mid-QB2. He's also being outscored by Freeman, Dalton, Alex Smith, and Fitzpatrick, all of whom were being drafted after or right along with him.

And most any QB is going to be a nice flex play in those kinds of leagues, especially when they get 6 points for a passing TD.

I'm not hating on Palmer, I liked him coming into the year, and drafted him as a QB2. And, if he continues the hot streak he's been on, he may flirt with QB1 numbers, but at this point he's not an outstanding value pick or anything.

How well do you think Palmer will do against the Ravens?

Do not confuse this current Baltimore defense with the Baltimore defense of years past or even earlier this season. They have looked very ordinary without Lewis and Webb. I would not hesitate to start anyone against them right now.

No he's isn't. He was being drafted as a mid-QB2, he's playing as a mid-QB2. He's also being outscored by Freeman, Dalton, Alex Smith, and Fitzpatrick, all of whom were being drafted after or right along with him.

the fact that he is playing to par with some players draft ranked near him does nothing to contradict the fact that, so far, he has far outplayed his draft ranking through 8 weeks in regards to other players.

the OP is correct, this guy deserves a little some love.

Just giving a shout out to a very serviceable fantasy qb

These are his weekly numbers in my league: 22, 24, 26, 10, 21, 23, 20.

Definitely servicable.

Would anyone start Palmer or Rivers the rest of the way?

Well if I had Palmer and Rivers on my team and there were no starting QB left on the WW, then yes, I would start one of them the rest of the way. In a league where my backup QB to Ryan were Ponder and Rivers I dropped them both.

In my 2 QB dynasty league, I came into the year with Peyton Manning and Carson Palmer as my starters, and I thought I was screwed. However, both of those guys have been solid, and in Manning's case, awesome. :thumbsup:

Anyone like Palmer this week against a shaky Baltimore defense and OAK not having a running game, or at least not trying to force a running game with the top 2 backs hurt?

I think Baltimore knows that they will be forced to throw more with their #1 and #2 Rbs out. So I think they will likely force them to run it and protect most of the time against the pass.

I think Baltimore knows that they will be forced to throw more with their #1 and #2 Rbs out. So I think they will likely force them to run it and protect most of the time against the pass.

I'm thinking that as well, but I also think he'll have a chance to pass 50 times because they'll be behind and find out the running game isn't working with Taiwan Jones and Reece is more of a reciever. Is this thinking way off?

How well do you think Palmer will do against the Ravens? I'll have RG3 on bye. Ravens defense hasn't been what it has in the past, but it still feels risky to me.

Then again, I can just see this game being a bit of a shootout.

Palmer vs. Ravens?

I'm in that exact same scenario. Palmer is on the wire & is an intriguing play but the fact that it's in Baltimore & the Raiders have to travel across country worries me.

Anyone like Palmer this week against a shaky Baltimore defense and OAK not having a running game, or at least not trying to force a running game with the top 2 backs hurt?

I have to do something. It feels risky, but like others said, Baltimore with their injuries, are not close to what they were in years passed. Guess it's just the aura of Baltimore's defense being tough.

They just won't play the pass. They'll still have to see how well these guys can run. We've seen those one hit wonder RBs that come in off the bench and tear it up, especially if they're speedy. Please tell me those RBs are speedy.

Even then, Palmer will still have to pass 40 times. I'm praying it's not one of those 0TD 3INT blowouts and he moves the ball.

Palmer did pretty dang well against a solid Baltimore D when he played for Cincy, so let's hope he keeps that going!

Agreed. Drafted him as my backup this season with confidence in that if Manning had any setbacks that Palmer would be throwing and throwing a ton. After Peytons bye week, I was looking to deal Palmer and pulled off a trade for Andre Johnson to fill in at flex for injured MJD. This has paid off for me but it has also paid off for the other owner. In my league Palmer scored 96 points last week! He had Cam Newton btw and couldnt take another second of it. IMO if you drafted Palmer as a backup and have healthy options at QB now is the time to deal him if you can pull it off. Flaunt his numbers thus far. He is very comparable to his counterparts at the position...depending on your scoring of course.

Due to limited roster space in my league picked him up off the wire this week. 200/2 will be good enough for me.

well, they have a Baltimore D who has done well against the pass, but is injured. after that, they have a pretty good schedule going forward. Palmer isnt a bad guy to have on your team right now I think.

I'm thinking of playing him this week and sitting eli. With the raiders down to their 3rd and 4th RB's I can see them passing a ton.