Sign in to follow this  
Gandalfthecat

Calvin Johnson no practice all week

The press, especially super over reactive Rotoworld don't seem the least bit concerned.

If it helps him get off the schnide then great. McNair didn't need no practice either.

The press, especially super over reactive Rotoworld don't seem the least bit concerned.

If it helps him get off the schnide then great. McNair didn't need no practice either.

######! McNair is dead now! I don't want my no.1 WR to die!

He is now a injured decoy.

Do decoys get the kind of targets per game that Calvin does? :o If so, Detroit is really going the extra mile to fool their opponents.

Do decoys get the kind of targets per game that Calvin does? :o If so, Detroit is really going the extra mile to fool their opponents.

They're really selling the illusion. :lol:

Any other owners frightened (any more than we already are)?

Not a Calvin owner but a Stafford owner, thus equally concerned. The other thing that concerns me is the trade for Mike Thomas. I think the initial thought was that this was to replace Burleson, but I'm wondering if they didn't have some additional insight into Calvin's condition and knowing they could potentially be down 2 WR's, not just one.

I notice there is very slight snap counts decrease for Calvin last game, from 100% to like 93%. If it keeps trending down, it could be a concern.

They're really selling the illusion. :lol:

he's not actually getting the targets. they're managing to fool even the stat keepers

I notice there is very slight snap counts decrease for Calvin last game, from 100% to like 93%. If it keeps trending down, it could be a concern.

You need to explain to me what this means. He is never on the field for 100% of the offensive plays in a game.

I use this, maybe pass situation? I am not sure.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts

It looks like total offensive snaps. I'd say 93% is more than acceptable and that could go down some with his knee which I'd be completely fine with. With that many snaps he's bound to be a decoy once in awhile. He's so stinking good that the Lions keep him on the field because he draws so much attention even before the ball is snapped.

Hard to argue with this logic. If he keeps getting less and less snaps, that's a bad thing. If it gets all the way down to 0%, then he is useless.

Hard to argue with this logic. If he keeps getting less and less snaps, that's a bad thing. If it gets all the way down to 0%, then he is useless.

What if it goes down to a negative percent?

Remember when pl used to say, "Imagine if Megatron just has a good QB." And you look at the first half of last year and you were like, "OMG! He's unstopable! Megatron owns the NFL."

I had Megatron last year. And Brees, and Run DMC .... week 7 I felt unstopable.

Brees became just kinda average, McFadden was hurt and Megatron was getting tripple teamed ... it was just a lot of not good in a row. Started 6-1, finished 7-7.

Yeah, I dunno ... seems to me Victor Cruz is the guy you wanna have this year. Like I said last year. He should be drafted higher than Nicks. That's what I said. Last year. I think he's harder to defend. Nobody knows yet, what Victor Cruz can do.

:pointstosky:

Megatron ... defenses got plans for him.

What Victor Cruz does is more like an instinctive thing. He sees the ball in the air and how fast it's going and the trajectory and he makes amazing adjustments to the ball in the air. I've literally never seen anything like it.

Ever seen a dog, all cray for the frisbee? Same kind of instinctive thing with Cruz.

He makes the adjustment to the ball in the air ... and that's really hard for a DB to defend.

I've watched every snap Cruz has taken in a Giants uniform ... and the kid has a motor. Like Teddy Bruschi, he's got a motor. Maybe that's why his catch radius is so big, but it's for sure why his YAC yards are so good.

Defenders dunno exactly how to defend that. He's passed Mark Ingram as my favorite Giants WR ever, already. After that 3 TD game as a rookie in pre-season, first since Owens, I said, "He's like all the skills of Terell Owens ... with none of the attitude."

Calvin ... he's #2 now. You can't defend Cruz like you can Megatron because the Giants have too many other weapons.

By the end of that pre-sason game when Cruz was a rookie, Jim Sorgie or however you spell it, was just chuckin it up to him and nobody could cover him. The video of that game is not on Youtube, but you can find it if you google it. It was against the Jets.

All I can liken it to is a psycho dog going after a frisbee. He makes amazing physical adjustments while the ball is in the air, and sometimes at the last second. It's amazing ... some of the shiat he does. Trust me. You can't teach that. It's instinct. Some people have it, some don't.

Victor Cruz has it.

:pointstosky:

"I think we found the guy we've been looking for."

- Eli Manning, Re: Victor Cruz

Do you realize how many top 3 round draft picks the Giants have used on WRs since they got Eli? I'm thinking maybe 7 or 8 ... and Victor Cruz beat them all out for the #1 job?

I would totally give him a handjob, if he asked. I don't think either of us are gay ... but if he asked me I prolly would.

Like if I was sitting next to him on a plane, and he was partly asleep ... and his calk somehow ended up in my hand ... yeah ... of course I would. I mean ... if I was gay.

Or, do you mean more like he's sitting next to me on a plane, falls a sleep, wakes up during landing and I am masturbating. Looking at him going, "Yeah! Land that plane baby!"

Cause that would be kinda gay.

Maybe we'd all be better off if he just ... didn't fall asleep next to me on an airplane. But if it happened ... I would service him.

Just kidding. I'm not gay. If I was though ... I would be gay for Victor Cruz.

You wouldn't be gay if you crossed your fingers. Well.... I mean....not crossed inside of him or anything. I'm just sayin....

Giants fans, think its time you came out of the closet....

I am kinda gay for Victor Cruz.

I'm more like a Cruz-head. I'm addicted to the Cruz.

I need more.

From Calvin Johnson's health to fingers crossed inside *not really* gay Victor Cruz in 10 posts. Pay attention newbs: This is how you derail a thread.

came in here to read if calvin is good to go...not to read giant fan is a pickel puffer

came in here to read if calvin is good to go...not to read giant fan is a pickel puffer

Seriously? You came here?

Welp ... there's yer problem.

Lemme see if I can help ... 1 sec.

Yep. He's playing so ... good to go.

:wink: