Sign in to follow this  
krusin

Hot Waiver RB's this week...

Vick Ballard: Brown is hurt again, Indy schedule looks good next 5 games good match-ups

Marcell Reece: Mcfadden & Goodson both have high ankle sprains - Receptions 8-95-1 stat line last week, team could be trailing often, so receiving skills will come in handy

Tawian Jones: Mcfadden & Goodson both have high ankle sprains - Will he get the bulk of the rushing load, or will Reece?

Daniel Thomas: Getting more carries than Bush last 2 weeks - Will trend continue? next 2 games schedule is easy (Tenn & Buf)

Any thoughts who to target for immediate RB help, and which for long term?

Im killing myself if thats the list im looking at in week 10....that would have to start for me.

might as well take Taiwan off.....they are not big on him on Oakland.

switching to wr with percy down jerome simpson is looking appealing

switching to wr with percy down jerome simpson is looking appealing

Except Ponder is their QB. Pass on all Vikings WR's...

Vick Ballard: Brown is hurt again, Indy schedule looks good next 5 games good match-ups

Marcell Reece: Mcfadden & Goodson both have high ankle sprains - Receptions 8-95-1 stat line last week, team could be trailing often, so receiving skills will come in handy

Tawian Jones: Mcfadden & Goodson both have high ankle sprains - Will he get the bulk of the rushing load, or will Reece?

Daniel Thomas: Getting more carries than Bush last 2 weeks - Will trend continue? next 2 games schedule is easy (Tenn & Buf)

Any thoughts who to target for immediate RB help, and which for long term?

Ballard and then Thomas. I wouldn't bother with the Raider run game.

Anyone heard anything re: Brandon Bolden? He might have been dropped due to his injury and the Pats bye week. Patriots have Buf, Ind, and NYJ coming up. Throw Vereen in there too.

Practice squad undradted rook on raiders. Don't know his name, but where dmac couldn't succeed, he'll go for 120 and 2 tds a game. Book it!

Ballard and Thomas are not available in my league.

Reece is intriguing if they actually decide to use him as a running back (only 1 carry this year for some odd reason). Kind of a Michael Bush clone and it was right around this time last year that Bush came in and was a horse down the stretch. Jones is really too much of an unknown to be rosterable at this point in all but the deepest leagues.

Reece is intriguing if they actually decide to use him as a running back (only 1 carry this year for some odd reason). Kind of a Michael Bush clone and it was right around this time last year that Bush came in and was a horse down the stretch. Jones is really too much of an unknown to be rosterable at this point in all but the deepest leagues.

did you seriously just compare reece to Bush??? bush was a heralded college player that can likely start on half the the NFL teams in the league...

Peyton Hillis circa 2008? Apparently, Reece ran a 4.4 40 yd dash. Granted, that was 20 lbs ago but he still looks pretty fast for such a big guy. AND he used to be a WR in college, which explains his great receiving abilities. His YPC for his career is 4.9. I think I just talked myself into grabbing him in my PPR league.

did you seriously just compare reece to Bush??? bush was a heralded college player that can likely start on half the the NFL teams in the league...

I was really just comparing them physically where they're almost identical, but do I care who was a "heralded college player". Was Arian Foster "heralded". It doesn't take a Heisman candidate to produce in the pros.

Ballard and then Thomas. I wouldn't bother with the Raider run game.

The Raiders are playing the Ravens and they have not been very good vs the run. But id still avoid Reece or Jones except id take Reece in PPR league.

I would probably avoid the Raider's RB's this week playing on the road against Baltimore. The Ravens usually play tough at home and the Raiders are giving up a lot of points, doubtful they will be able to do much in the run game, and may get blown out.

I would probably avoid the Raider's RB's this week playing on the road against Baltimore. The Ravens usually play tough at home and the Raiders are giving up a lot of points, doubtful they will be able to do much in the run game, and may get blown out.

You are talking about the same Ravens who have given up an average of 141 rush/rec yards per game at home to opposing RBs? The same Ravens who have given up an average of 21.55 FF points/game at home to opposing RBs? The same Ravens who are the 8th worst fantasy rushing defense at home? :huh:

If Brown is out Thurs., Ballard would be a decent start against the Jags, but it seems like a gamble. I have Morris on a bye, and Sproles hurt, although they say he might be able to go... I actually like Reece in the Baltimore match-up because the the Ravens have been run-on, but I like his PPR upside the most. The reports are that McFadden and Goodson have high ankle sprains, but Rotoworld is reporting that McFadden has not been ruled out for week 10. This sounds like a smokescreen to me, but makes Reece a risky pick-up until McFadden's status is known.

You are talking about the same Ravens who have given up an average of 141 rush/rec yards per game at home to opposing RBs? The same Ravens who have given up an average of 21.55 FF points/game at home to opposing RBs? The same Ravens who are the 8th worst fantasy rushing defense at home? :huh:

Yes, for some reason I just think the Ravens are due for a strong defensive game. But you could be right, it's hard to say. Sometimes the stats don't always play out.

Prob a long shot, But Woodhead against the Bills worst run def could be worth a flex play. He's been averaging 7/pts a week last 6 weeks in standard leagues.

I do think Reece is intriguing. It seems that the Raiders don't trust Jones as more than an occasional change of pace back.

Great size (6'1 255), 4.42 40 time, and has been productive over his career

48 Car - 234 yards (4.9 Avg)

80 Cat - 926 yards (11.6 Avg, 71% catch ratio)

7 total tds (1 for every 24 touches)

If they give him a chance he could surprise. I will probably drop Goodson for him baring some good news on Goodson's ankle.

Ivory is in a 3 headed time share and Sproles may be back after one more game. I'm not excited about any Saint RB except Sproles in PPR.

Ivory is in a 3 headed time share and Sproles may be back after one more game. I'm not excited about any Saint RB except Sproles in PPR.

I agree, Saints RBs have very little value at this point.

Even if Sproles comes back, how effective will he be catching the ball with a cast?

All of a sudden a lot of great RB opportunities on teh wire.

The way I ended up ranking them in terms of what to expect for this week only:

1a. Redman. Even with Dwyer active KC playing in Pit is a great matchup. Lots of touches, chances to score.

1b. Reece. Great athlete, and no one but Jones to steal carries, plus Reece is a monster on the reception. My only trouble is Oak going across the continent to play in a tough venue and a good team.

2. Bell. Only thing is maybe not so many carries and scoring chances as last week and facing a better run defense.

3. Ivory. I would love this situation but the Falcons are playing very well and i'm afraid the Saints falling behind and having to pass a lot is a real possibility.

4. Dan Thomas. Great matchup by Jax. He keeps getting overlooked. I think he may get 50 and a score this week.

5. Ingram. Same as Ivory, just less so.

6. Taiwan Jones. I think this guy has a ton of talent, he is super fast, he could hit that hole in the zone scheme, and he's the only real halfback left. The problem is all the noises from the coaching staff indicating they don't trust his ball security or blocking or knowledge. Watch him get 15 carries and break a couple long ones with a TD and become a hot WW pickup, I just don't have room to stash him on the bench.

For PPR guys, thoughts on Ronnie Brown? He's like #2 in RB receptions only behind Sproles in the NFL. And that was before Sproles got hurt.

All of a sudden a lot of great RB opportunities on teh wire.

The way I ended up ranking them in terms of what to expect for this week only:

1a. Redman. Even with Dwyer active KC playing in Pit is a great matchup. Lots of touches, chances to score.

1b. Reece. Great athlete, and no one but Jones to steal carries, plus Reece is a monster on the reception. My only trouble is Oak going across the continent to play in a tough venue and a good team.

2. Bell. Only thing is maybe not so many carries and scoring chances as last week and facing a better run defense.

3. Ivory. I would love this situation but the Falcons are playing very well and i'm afraid the Saints falling behind and having to pass a lot is a real possibility.

4. Dan Thomas. Great matchup by Jax. He keeps getting overlooked. I think he may get 50 and a score this week.

5. Ingram. Same as Ivory, just less so.

6. Taiwan Jones. I think this guy has a ton of talent, he is super fast, he could hit that hole in the zone scheme, and he's the only real halfback left. The problem is all the noises from the coaching staff indicating they don't trust his ball security or blocking or knowledge. Watch him get 15 carries and break a couple long ones with a TD and become a hot WW pickup, I just don't have room to stash him on the bench.

No mention of Ballard? For this week only, I would put Ballard above Bell, Ivory, etc... Brown will most likely be out, and he is going against the Jags D.

No mention of Ballard? For this week only, I would put Ballard above Bell, Ivory, etc... Brown will most likely be out, and he is going against the Jags D.

Over spent for him, but hoping he can by me a week until MJD comes back. Many on this board aren't very confident of that, but I believe he has a good shot coming back next week. MJD wants to play. He can't stand being on that sideline.

You're right, and so is the post above about Brown.

I was focusing just on RBs who were fairly new to being pickup worthy.

Though Thomas has been out there he is actually now sharing carries which might make him new, as opposed to just gambling on a single score he is getting some touches. I had left Brown and Ballard off because they have been coming up for a couple weeks now, but if still there... I would put Brown and Ballard on the same level for the same reason, and I agree you're right about putting ahead of Ivory, especially with Sproles maybe coming back sooner and the Falcons matchup. Bell I still like as a notch above as the pass catching 4th quarter back for the Lions has some real potential I think. But hey that Jax / Indy matchup certainly does make Ballard a nice play, you may have a point there at least for this week.