Sign in to follow this  
bandrus1

4 point vs 6 point qb Td's

We use 4 point Tds for QBs. I like that set up better than 6 points since it helps balance out the scoring system better. If not then EVERYONE would want to draft a top QB in the first round since it would be a QB heavy scoring system

My league does 6 pts. I didn't like it at first, but the commish wanted to simulate how important the QB is in the real NFL, and now I kinda like it.

I have always felt the players should get the points they score for a TD in a real game, in fantasty football. So 6 points for all td's!

I play in two 6-point leagues & three 4-point-leagues. In both 6-point leagues, we have -3 points for interceptions & no deductions in the 4-point leagues.

I don't have a preference since the 6-point leagues have the deductions for interceptions. Like a previous poster said, no matter the format, QB's will still have the highest point totals when comparing various roster positions.

With my 6-point leagues, one is standard & one is PPR. I think that the PPR league narrows the gap in scoring so between those two, I prefer the PPR league.

never, ever, ever, ever understood the 4 point thing. Makes no sense at all. Every other type of TD gets 6 points, but you are gonna make the QB position only get 4? make no sense at all...

My league does 6 pts. I didn't like it at first, but the commish wanted to simulate how important the QB is in the real NFL, and now I kinda like it.

Bingo. NFL football, especially now, is a quarterback's game. They should be the cornerstone of your lineup and it should be difficult to win without productive QB play. Reducing the QB's importance with 4 point passing TDs is just weird, especially since you're only starting one in most leagues.

It may not make sense to some of you.. but its better for balance. theres not sense in having one player determine the outcome of every game. You just cant make up the difference if you end up with a mediocare qb. i love 4 points per td. Now the teams playing big ben and rivers are still in the game each week. Good ones still score more than any other position week in and week out.

We do 6 pts in the league I manage. I feel like the logic is pretty simple: Yes, the QB position has an advantage over the other positions on a 1 vs 1 basis. But, unless you are playing in a two QB league (I'd use the 4pt in that case) the balance is made up by starting 5 RB/WR's.

If you draft Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady or Brees in the first round odds are you're a little weak at the RB and/or WR position.

We do 6 pts in the league I manage. I feel like the logic is pretty simple: Yes, the QB position has an advantage over the other positions on a 1 vs 1 basis. But, unless you are playing in a two QB league (I'd use the 4pt in that case) the balance is made up by starting 5 RB/WR's.

If you draft Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady or Brees in the first round odds are you're a little weak at the RB and/or WR position.

Well said. I am in 6pt QB TD leagues and I don't feel it overvalues QBs. A couple might go in the first round but the make or break positions are still getting solid RBs and WRs.

It may not make sense to some of you.. but its better for balance. theres not sense in having one player determine the outcome of every game. You just cant make up the difference if you end up with a mediocare qb. i love 4 points per td. Now the teams playing big ben and rivers are still in the game each week. Good ones still score more than any other position week in and week out.

What balance? It just means the top picks will all be RBs if they are available. Putting 6 pt TDs forces a guy to actually take a Brees or Rodgers early if they want them, rather than just laughing and taking them later on or taking any random QB, like Carson Palmer who puts up big yardage totals but not many TDs.

The guy that picks #1 just gets Foster and now he has a huge advantage over everyone else. If you're going to go 4pt for QB TDs at least do an auction draft. Auction drafts and 6 pt TDs scare people because they just want to go RB-RB with a top pick, and if they don't pick in the top 3 they want to complain and not play.

I play in both, the 12 team 6 pt TD QB leagues I play in all seem to require more skill than the 10 team 4 pt leagues I'm in. Hell, if you removed the QB position from fantasy and then put RB TDs to 4 pts that'd probably balance it better. But for some reason RBs are sacred in fantasy football.

Its stupid to have the top 4-5 QBs each week scoring more than half of those teams points. Thats unbalanced and I don't see how thats arguable. This is fantasy football, not the NFL. I dont see what your point is about people going RB RB considering there were 5 or so QBs still going in the first 15 picks in our league with 4 points per TD (Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Stafford, Cam). Is it that different from 6 points per TD leagues? The difference between QBs who throw a ton of TDs and those that throw tons of yards gets lessened slightly, but overall the relative rankings should stay about the same. However, they aren't outscoring every other position by 3 times as much. One position being weighted 3 times as much = unbalanced.

I have 2 leagues with 6 points and one with 4. I hate the 4. I also don't understand the logic in some leagues where running TDs for a QB is 6 points but a passing is 4. Its 6 in the NFL. I have Rodgers as my QB and have done very well at that position but I am also rolling out Sproles (non-ppr), RBush and McGahee every week. Some weeks are good, but most I don't fare well.

Just my two pennies

I think we have a great system and some of u may agree.

We use std CBS scoring wich is 6pnt td and 1pnt 25yds pass. -2 fum/int. But we also have a -4 tacked on if the qb throws a pick6. Essentially they lose 6pnts after the int and the -4. It's a great stat we have used for years and why not, since a pick6 is so bad for a team, it's bad for your fantasy qb as well.

If we're arguing 4 vs 6, I'm fine either way but I just like 6 for all Tds.

Personal Preference... I am partial to 4.

My reasoning being, why should someone who DOESN'T cross the goal line score as many points as the player who DOES actually cross the goal line? Or, in other words, why should someone not standing in the end zone be awarded a touchdown?

Who scored the touchdown on "The Catch". Although we all know Joe Cool threw it to him, the Answer: Dwight Clark.

Kinda on the same topic...

My wife still asks me something like this at least once a year and I used to always laugh and think her question was ridiculous...

"If a quarterback throws the ball to a receiver for like 5yds, and the receiver runs on his own for 75 more yards, why does the QB get credit for an 80yd pass play? The quarterback barely did anything!"

I know I know, what a stupid thing to say right? Maybe not, for the simple minded.

My reasoning being, why should someone who DOESN'T cross the goal line score as many points as the player who DOES actually cross the goal line? Or, in other words, why should someone not standing in the end zone be awarded a touchdown?

Okay, by the same token, why should an uncovered receiver in the back of the endzone receive more credit than the QB who read the defense, called the audible, avoided the rush and threw a strike?

If you want to go back to old, old school fantasy football scoring, QBs and receivers used to evenly split passing TDs, 3 and 3. Rushing TDs were the only ones where a player got credit for the full 6. That is what started the tradition of the RB being so precious in fantasy, which still lingers even today.

It takes 2 players to score a passing TD, so I understand why some leagues award only 4 to the QB. What doesn't make sense is that backs and receivers still get 6 pts. for a receiving TD in those same leagues.

Either way it makes no difference. Know your scoring system going, draft your team and set your lineups accordingly.