Sign in to follow this  
tecklc2112

Next Year's Demaryius Thomas...

For those of us in keeper leagues, who is next year's Demaryius Thomas? In other words, who is sitting on most waiver wires right now that can be picked up, kept for cheap & produce like an early/mid round pick next season?

I picked up Thomas late last season & kept him at a ridiculously cheap 12th round cost, hoping he would become a stud this season. That move has obviously paid off big time.

Who should this year's targets be?

I kind of don't think there are any freakishly physically gifted 3rd year wide receivers with plans to play with a new HOF QB next year.

That said the obvious choice is Blackmon.

Kendall Hunter has been dropped in many leagues...Does anyone think he has a shot to take the reigns from Gore next year?

I should clarify...I'm not just talking WRs. I'm thinking about all offensive positions. Good suggestions so far guys.

Randall Cobb

I agree Cobb will be an excellent & cheap keeper if you took him late in this year's draft...Problem is he's rostered in every league & can only be had via trade.

I'm thinking more of guys that are still on many waiver wires, but have the potential to breakout next season.

Randall Cobb

Kendall Wright IS next year's Cobb. I was going to do a whole thread on it, maybe later. He will not be on WW but the sentiment in general on him is way to Meh and he can be had far too cheap from most unsuspecting owners.

Work ethic was a question mark coming out so keep an eye on his reports over the winter for redraft but he is a great risk/reward right now and if you have a mid first round pick in the 2013 rookie draft to give it's a no-brainer.

RB's

K Hunter

D Richardson

D Wilson

WR's:

J Blackmon

K Wright

J Gordon

P Garcon

Thomas was a legit 1st round pick that blossomed with better qb play. The two that come to mind (both with similar frames and skills) are Blackmon and Jon Baldwin.

Both probably have potential to be elite.

TY Hilton

I like this call. Reggie.. God bless him is getting long in the tooth.. and Avery is always hurt. This kid is explosive.. wait until he really learns his craft. His young QB ain't so bad either.

I also really like D. Richardson. Fisher knows how to get a running game going, SJax will be gone.. and this dude looks electric to me.

:thumbsup:

Both are a stretch but have the talent and physical attributes to be successful with the right QB in 2013...

Alshon Jeffery and Michael Floyd

D. Alexander. Though if that door was still open this weekend just slammed it shut.

Shorts has been very strong with a bad QB.

Hilton is nice call.

The kid on MN that played in Harvin's absence. Can't think of his name and feeling too lazy to look it up.

Maybe Golden Tate?

Hillman or Ball, and cross your fingers they become the lead back next season.

Some good names mentioned so far. I'll bring up someone who hasn't played this year: Vincent Brown. He had a tremendous off season and training camp and was expected to be a BIG part of the Chargers offense this year. Then he hurt his ankle in the 2nd preseason game and hasn't been able to get on the field this year. If healthy, he could be a big part of the Chargers offense NEXT year.

Some good names mentioned so far. I'll bring up someone who hasn't played this year: Vincent Brown. He had a tremendous off season and training camp and was expected to be a BIG part of the Chargers offense this year. Then he hurt his ankle in the 2nd preseason game and hasn't been able to get on the field this year. If healthy, he could be a big part of the Chargers offense NEXT year.

I stashed VBrown for about 6 weeks until DX started struttin his stuff.

Not sure there will be enough balls for Floyd, DX, Brown, Gates.

3rd year WR in 2013

Leonard Hankerson

Jeremy Kerley (ok maybe the next Wes Welker, not Demaryus Thomas))

Greg Salas (Maybe really the next Wes Welker)

Not a 3rd year WR in 2013, but based purely on freakish athleticism Steven Hill.

Here is another name:

Rob Housler (TE) 6'6" and 250 lbs, runs a 4.5 40 and has a 38 inch vertical jump.

Look no further than another GTech kid, Stephen Hill :overhead:

Rexy, the dirty Sanchize, and Tebow will all be gone next season :music_guitarred:

New coach brings in an NFL caliber QB, Hill goes "BOOM!!1!" :pointstosky:

I AM NEW POSTER GUY!

Look no further than another GTech kid, Stephen Hill :overhead:

Rexy, the dirty Sanchize, and Tebow will all be gone next season :music_guitarred:

New coach brings in an NFL caliber QB, Hill goes "BOOM!!1!" :pointstosky:

I AM NEW POSTER GUY!

I wish i had thought of him :(

I wish i had thought of him :(

Sorry I missed your opine on Hill, I only noticed your recommendation of Kerley :bench:

I AM NEW POSTER GUY!

Sorry I missed your opine on Hill, I only noticed your recommendation of Kerley :bench:

I AM NEW POSTER GUY!

No worries. You might be NEWPOSTERGUY, but i am PRETENDTOBEOFFENDEDPOSTERGUY! its what i do.

Looks like Julian Edelman more inline for Wes Welker's job. He looks to be an Percy Harvin type playing in every positions last game.

Vincent Brown will be worth a late flyer. He looked to be the best offensive player on the chargers heading into the last game of the preseason... after a recovery from an ankle break the charger WRs could be looking pretty good assuming it's DX,floyd, and brown... couple that with gates and rivers could be worth a look again.

Great stuff everyone. Stephen Hill is a guy I had not thought of at all, but I agree that if things fall into place, he could be a sneaky pickup for next season.

I cannot believe that with the latest announcements out of Detroit, this guy has not been mentioned yet.

Not well known and I would guess very much available - Ryan Broyles!

He's a rookie, 2nd round pick and after Titus's latest antics, it is clear he is on his way out. Broyles should be the # 2 guy next year opposite arguably the best receiver in the game.

He is touted to have a very good game tomorrow. We shall see.

The kid on MN that played in Harvin's absence. Can't think of his name and feeling too lazy to look it up.

Jarius Wright. You just have to trust Ponder to not have another one of his signature 4-15 53 yard games.