Sign in to follow this  
smashmouths@blf

This is what's wrong with ffootball

Huge game tonight on MNF. Big playoff implications in what has been billed "the game of the year". You know what's sad? I could care less. I don't have any "fantasy players" playing tonight. I don't think I'm even going to watch. I remember in my younger years being pumped to watch a game like this even if my team wasn't playing. I think fantasy football has ruined me as a sports fan. :(

Huge game tonight on MNF. Big playoff implications in what has been billed "the game of the year". You know what's sad? I could care less. I don't have any "fantasy players" playing tonight. I don't think I'm even going to watch. I remember in my younger years being pumped to watch a game like this even if my team wasn't playing. I think fantasy football has ruined me as a sports fan. :(

I know what you mean. FF has def changed my football priorities. I dont root for my team as much as I used to and I even root Against them sometimes! When the playoffs get here im pumped for those games and the fantasy season is over, but Non fantasy relevant reg season games have lost their luster.

I actually like it when a big game is on that has no ff implications for me....like tonight. I have no concern with stats, and can enjoy the game for what it is.

I actually like it when a big game is on that has no ff implications for me....like tonight. I have no concern with stats, and can enjoy the game for what it is.

+1

I'm kind of like actual professional players when it comes to FF, I don't care about these games unless they have something to do with "ME"

+2

Maybe instead it is not what's "wrong" with football - but what's "right". There a ton of games I would care less about if it was not for Fantasy Football - so the occasional game that is between two stellar teams that happen to not have any fantasy football implications is fine with me - I'll enjoy the game nonetheless.

Start gambling... Then you always will have something to root for... :pointstosky:

I already do a little bit. Nothing major. I started because I needed a "reason" to watch. Pretty pathetic.

+3

+4

FF makes irrelevant games watchable. Honestly, who in their right mind would want to watch a Bills, Titans game? Well, if I had Spiller or CJ0K, I might actually want to watch.

Before playing FF I only cared about Broncos games and AFC West matchups. Now though, I'll watch anything with FF implications.

I took year off this year and thoroughly enjoyed being a fan of my Skins again :) - watching for W/L from teams in playoff hunt. #HTTR

It is "Couldn't Care Less"...

not trying to be a smartarse, but this has little to do with fantasy and alot to do with how you've allowed fantasy to change your life

It's funny. I watch redzone on Sundays and I don't even know what the scores of the games are. At the end of the day I don't even know who won. It's pathetic. I have to dvr the thurs, sun., and mon. night games because a normal football game moves along at a snails pace and drives me nuts.

I'm a Texans fan, then a Reverend Heat fan, then an Ordained Pain fan, and then a Los Pony Boyz fan.

I was only sad once this year, damn Green Bay. Other than that, I put out the best team I can and let it ride.