Sign in to follow this  
Phurfur

'Storage Wars' starr says show is fake, suing

NEW YORK – “Storage Wars” may have a real war brewing with one of its stars.

Dave Hester, a former cast member, has filed a lawsuit against the show, according to RadarOnline.

In the lawsuit, Hester is claiming the series is fake, and he says when he made complaints to the network about the staged portions of the show he was fired, Radar reported.

The popular A&E reality show follows auctioneers and buyers as they bid on various storage units blindly and then raid their purchases in hopes of finding treasures.

According to Radar, Hester claims show producers plant valuable items in the units to presumably make the show more interesting. The suit also claims the show rigs the bidding process. In one part of Hester’s suit, he goes so far as to say the network paid for one female cast member’s plastic surgery to increase her sex appeal and make her more appealing to viewers.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/12/11/torage-wars-star-dave-hester-says-show-is-fake-suing-report-says/?intcmp=features#ixzz2Er4LIoNI

I thought it was common knowledge that they planted stuff in those lockers to make them more interesting and valuable. I watched portion of 2 episodes the other day with the Mrs. and that is exactly what I said to her. :dunno:

I thought it was common knowledge that they planted stuff in those lockers to make them more interesting and valuable. I watched portion of 2 episodes the other day with the Mrs. and that is exactly what I said to her. :dunno:

I saw it a couple of times and that was my conclusion but I didn't know the show paid for the woman's boob job.

Next thing we'll know, they'll be telling us that wrasslin is fixed too.

Not the lighter weights. They fight real hard.

I saw it a couple of times and that was my conclusion but I didn't know the show paid for the woman's boob job.

That is definitely a plus. Maybe if all "reality" shows had chicks with huge t!ts, we would all watch. :banana:

I never knew that. I thought that was the whole point of the show - the interesting crap found in storage lockers, WHICH WAS LEFT BY THE PREVIOUS TENANT.

I wouldn't watch that show either way, but that's gotta kills some of the fun for viewers. "Gee, I can't wait to see which items the network will put in the locker this week!" :huh:

I never knew that. I thought that was the whole point of the show - the interesting crap found in storage lockers, WHICH WAS LEFT BY THE PREVIOUS TENANT.

I wouldn't watch that show either way, but that's gotta kills some of the fun for viewers. "Gee, I can't wait to see which items the network will put in the locker this week!" :huh:

Does that mean the things they found in Snooki and The Situation were planted also?

:(

Also

Storage Wars: Texas

They tweaked the spinoff....this one has two hot chicks.

I thought you were from south carolina, why you wearing a longhorn cap? :dunno:

:overhead:

I thought you were from south carolina, why you wearing a longhorn cap? :dunno:

:overhead:

Its better than the Texas flag shirt you have on.

Also

Storage Wars: Texas

They tweaked the spinoff....this one has two hot chicks.

That Vic dude lives in Tyler. We ran into him two weeks ago when we were getting passports for our daughters. He said the shows have rooned the business by driving up what they have to pay.

Thought he was a big deal. He asked the guy doing his passport if he recognized him from tge show.

Passport guy: Nope. Don't watch it. Isn't that one step above dumpster diving?

Vic: Yeah, but we have to pay to do it.

Of course it's fake. Nobody wants to see a show involving storage units full of trash and dirty old clothes.

I never liked Hester much, anyways. Barry is one funny fock :thumbsup:

YUUUUP!

Like others, I never had much question that parts of it were faked.

I never liked Hester much, anyways. Barry is one funny fock :thumbsup:

I watch when nothing else is on and i agree Barry is the one worth watching. But Hester was, good in his, role as the guy you loved to hate.

But Hester was, good in his, role as the guy you loved to hate.

I just loved that sometimes he showed up at the auctions sometimes for no other reason than to drive the price up for the other bidders. He would win zero lockers and leave with a grin.