Sign in to follow this  
DallasJones

Good news David Wilson ff owners

David Wilson - RB - Giants

NEWS: The New York Daily believes David Wilson "will end up starting" at Atlanta in Week 15.

ANALYSIS: Newsday and the New York Post also believe Wilson will start with Ahmad Bradshaw (knee, foot) likely to sit out Sunday's game. Rotoworld already has Wilson ranked 11th among fantasy backs for Week 15. A big-play threat with the ability to run between the tackles, Wilson is a bonafide RB1 option after last week's breakout game.

~Reported and Sent from the NEW Rotoworld Fantasy News iPhone and iPad App.

David Wilson - RB - Giants

NEWS: The New York Daily believes David Wilson "will end up starting" at Atlanta in Week 15.

ANALYSIS: Newsday and the New York Post also believe Wilson will start with Ahmad Bradshaw (knee, foot) likely to sit out Sunday's game. Rotoworld already has Wilson ranked 11th among fantasy backs for Week 15. A big-play threat with the ability to run between the tackles, Wilson is a bonafide RB1 option after last week's breakout game.

~Reported and Sent from the NEW Rotoworld Fantasy News iPhone and iPad App.

Do you really think he will do that well again? Im thinking he might end up like bryce brown was last week

Do you really think he will do that well again? Im thinking he might end up like bryce brown was last week

i'm not really sure how you compare bryce brown to david wilson either as players or by the teams they are on.

i'm not really sure how you compare bryce brown to david wilson either as players or by the teams they are on.

Im comparing how they had a break out game and then poof they put up a stinker. Of course they are playing the Falcons so that helps but i dont trust him as RB1 status. Maybe a good flex play but thats a stretch for someone who is just reslly seeing playing time. Howecver if youre starting him then good luck.

Im comparing how they had a break out game and then poof they put up a stinker. Of course they are playing the Falcons so that helps but i dont trust him as RB1 status. Maybe a good flex play but thats a stretch for someone who is just reslly seeing playing time. Howecver if youre starting him then good luck.

david wilson was the 1st round pick and a highly rated prospect with freakish talent, drafted by a pretty good GM in Jerry Reese. Brown was a 7th round choice barely drafted. now draft position is not everything as we know, but for now these two players are in a different class in their respective positions.

and second, the teams. the giants are division leaders with a veteran starting QB that can chuck the rock with the best of them on any given sunday and a decent o-line. the eagles are starting a rookie who seems to have not much of a grasp of the nfl qb position, and an o-line that is a turnstile right now.

that's my point. it's not a close comparison. if wilson is the starter, we know he will get a good amount of touches. at that point he is already a mile ahead of bb.

As a Wilson owner who was looking at Ridley in a bad matchup with the 49ers or Mathews (enough said) at RB2 this week, this is potentially huge news.

There is a difference. Bryce Brown is prone to fumble and he's an outside runner. He caught defenses by surprise for a couple of weeks, but after they had some game film on him they saw that his only trump card was speed on outside runs. Defenses the past 2 weeks have been controlling the edge and his production has plummeted. Not coincidentally, defenses the past 2 weeks haven't had to worry about Vick or DeSean Jackson. David Wilson has a more balanced skill set along with a more feared passing attack with Manning, Cruz, and Nicks. Wilson is easily a better start for the rest of the year if Bradshaw sits.

Would you guys play him over Moreno?

It's not a no-brainer by any means, but it's hard to imagine Moreno getting anywhere near the 36 touches he had last week. The Ravens aren't nearly as bad as Oakland. To me, Wilson's ceiling is higher (assuming Bradshaw is out).

I have to pick 2 from this list. ::wall:

Forte, Matt RB CHI 6 166.2 GBP Sun, 1:00 PM

Gore, Frank RB SFO 9 190.2 @NEP Sun, 8:20 PM

Moreno, Knowshon RB DEN 7 61.7 @BAL Sun, 1:00 PM

Morris, Alfred RB WAS 10 169.0 @CLE Sun, 1:00 PM

Wilson, David RB NYG 11 40.0 @ATL Sun, 1:00 PM

I have to pick 2 from this list. ::wall:

Forte, Matt RB CHI 6 166.2 GBP Sun, 1:00 PM

Gore, Frank RB SFO 9 190.2 @NEP Sun, 8:20 PM

Moreno, Knowshon RB DEN 7 61.7 @BAL Sun, 1:00 PM

Morris, Alfred RB WAS 10 169.0 @CLE Sun, 1:00 PM

Wilson, David RB NYG 11 40.0 @ATL Sun, 1:00 PM

You poor poor man.

If Wilson doesn't fumble, everyone will be happy to have unwrapped their early christmas gift. He's going to be huge this week. I'm buying at $6600 all day in fanduel and seeing a top 5 performance. Wish I hadn't cut him early in the year. Those of you that picked up or held on...congratulations. Thank god i'm not playing a Wilson owner this week.

One scenario I can easily see happening is Wilson will not be on the field if the Giants

Are in goal line situation. He is not a big back and I can easily see Coughlin putting a bigger back in that situation.

I just picked up Wilson if anything just to keep him away from someone else. I have Doug Martin, Lawfirm(who played last night), and Spiller. I would love to play Wilson this week but who do I bench? It's nice to have this dilema. At least somebody else can't use him against me. :headbanger:

I just can't see me putting him in over Richardson, Morris, McFadden or even Bush for that matter. I was already spinning around in circles deciding who to start and who to bench and this just made it worse. I guess if he goes off again it will be on my bench.

I just can't see me putting him in over Richardson, Morris, McFadden or even Bush for that matter. I was already spinning around in circles deciding who to start and who to bench and this just made it worse. I guess if he goes off again it will be on my bench.

I'd put him in over Bush in a heartbeat....McFadden too.

I don't think you understand what kind of a time bomb you're holding there boy.

I'd put him in over Bush in a heartbeat....McFadden too.

I don't think you understand what kind of a time bomb you're holding there boy.

We don't have a flex in this league so he would also have to bump either Richardson or Morris out of the lineup:dunno:. But I hear what you are saying about the time bomb - thus the anxiety. If it was a regular season game I would probably just go with Morris and Wilson because Richardson sometimes doesn't put up big yardage numbers. If I don't put Wilson in he will more than likely have a repeat of last week's performance.:wall:

As a dynasty Bradshaw owner I'm curious to see if he's going to be involved around the goal line and how he handles 3rd downs? Did he last week? I didnt' see much of the game and he only has 2 catches on the year...

I think Wilson is a very boom/bust play.

They have no one else really so he should get the touches so I think his upside is high RB 1 but Ryan Matthews looked great against New Orleans and then sucked the rest of the year.

RW

Giants coach Tom Coughlin reiterated Friday that he believes rookie David Wilson can handle 20 carries in a game.

We don't expect Wilson to play on passing downs against the Falcons -- Kregg Lumpkin will likely do that -- but Wilson projects to dominate rushing attempts in New York's 15 backfield with Ahmad Bradshaw ruled out. "I think he could be (a 20-carry back)," Coughlin said of Wilson. "There's no reason why he couldn’t be ... I don’t think there’s any reason why he wouldn’t be."

i am in a ppr and have to pick 3.

chris johnson, mcfadden, sproles, or dwilson

geez.....not easy. any suggestions appreciated.

just know the one i bench will BLOW UP......lol

As a dynasty Bradshaw owner I'm curious to see if he's going to be involved around the goal line and how he handles 3rd downs? Did he last week? I didnt' see much of the game and he only has 2 catches on the year...

I think Wilson is a very boom/bust play.

They have no one else really so he should get the touches so I think his upside is high RB 1 but Ryan Matthews looked great against New Orleans and then sucked the rest of the year.

Im wondering if he will get pulled during the GL too. Did anyone watch the game last week and see if he got pulled during GL opportunities?

Im wondering if he will get pulled during the GL too. Did anyone watch the game last week and see if he got pulled during GL opportunities?

I would think it would be Ryan Torain.

I would think it would be Ryan Torain.

Ryan Torain as the goal line back? I guess he can run while standing straight up.....

Not quite the goal line but he had a 6 yard td last week. The matchup with Atlanta is there no doubt but Wilson has still only averaged over 2.3 ypc in 3 games this year .

His 13 touches against NO went for 100-2 but his 13 touches the prior 2 weeks against GB/Wash only netted 27 yards.

Everyone seems to think he's a lock RB1, and I do think he has huge upside this week, I personally just wouldn't sit a more proven option for him.

Will he be heavily invovled in the passing attack if they fall behind to Atlanta?

Only 2 catches on the year so tough to know...don't know if they have anyone else though.

Ryan Torain as the goal line back? I guess he can run while standing straight up.....

Lumpkin would be the other option.

Wilson's teammate, Ahmad Bradshaw, has been ruled out for Sunday's game against the Falcons, Jenny Vrentas of The Star-Ledger reports.

Have a feeling Coughlin will utilize Torain somewhat, he loves veterans, but Wilson should get the majority of touches. I'm expecting a very nice performance. Wilson has incredible burst of speed. As a Bradshaw and Wilson owner, I am very happy to see Ahmad listed as out.

:banana:

Not quite the goal line but he had a 6 yard td last week. The matchup with Atlanta is there no doubt but Wilson has still only averaged over 2.3 ypc in 3 games this year .

His 13 touches against NO went for 100-2 but his 13 touches the prior 2 weeks against GB/Wash only netted 27 yards.

Everyone seems to think he's a lock RB1, and I do think he has huge upside this week, I personally just wouldn't sit a more proven option for him.

Will he be heavily invovled in the passing attack if they fall behind to Atlanta?

Only 2 catches on the year so tough to know...don't know if they have anyone else though.

You also have to take in account that when Bradshaw was healthy and they used Wilson it was almost always an obvious rushing down which could have impacted his ypc. The Giants made no secret that they didn't trust the kid in pass protection so when he was out there in the past the defenses knew it was a rush.

The only thing that will stop this kid is himself, he has to hold on to the ball. He had fumbling issues big time in college and it carried over early in the season but they really don't have any choice at this point.

I've cut this kid and picked him up 5 times this year so I would be pleased for a modest performance although I get a feeling that we could be in for a special performance.

I can't believe I have Wilson, Shorts and DX in my lineup this week, would have never thought that would be the case, but with that said I haven't been more confident as two of those guys have been so consistent.

Is this kid gonna be worth plugging in over Sproles, Murray or Moreno in PPR? i had my semi-finals lineup set before this announcement, now I'm not sure if I need to stick him in there..

You also have to take in account that when Bradshaw was healthy and they used Wilson it was almost always an obvious rushing down which could have impacted his ypc. The Giants made no secret that they didn't trust the kid in pass protection so when he was out there in the past the defenses knew it was a rush.

The only thing that will stop this kid is himself, he has to hold on to the ball. He had fumbling issues big time in college and it carried over early in the season but they really don't have any choice at this point.

I've cut this kid and picked him up 5 times this year so I would be pleased for a modest performance although I get a feeling that we could be in for a special performance.

I can't believe I have Wilson, Shorts and DX in my lineup this week, would have never thought that would be the case, but with that said I haven't been more confident as two of those guys have been so consistent.

i was about to say the same thing about Wilson's snaps.

i'm debating starting him over Moreno or Big Ben/Palmer in my flex. love big ben but not sure about on the road against Dallas. palmer didn't do so great against KC but that was at Arrowhead.

I put a link with the highlights on our league site earlier Matt. You probably didn't watch it but you still can go back and do so, just copy and paste, nevermind, I'll put the link below. If you watch the 6 yard TD run which is the 4th play or so you will see he has the skill and heart to run well not only inside but on the goal-line, they show the end of the run from a different angle. It was one the better red zone runs I have seen all year. Wilson is potential personified. Nobody knows if he will be a great goalline runner yet including the Giants coaching staff but you can definitely see the potential in that run. He has pretty good hands but who knows if he will make the proper blocks in the backfield, he may not play him much on 3rd down but that doesn't mean they won't throw the ball to him.

He is a just a rookie and they clearly weren't counting on him to do anything other than return kicks or run the ball this year because they had multiple guys they intended to do the rest, but there were only a few guys considered potential 3 down feature RBs in this last draft and he was one of them. He has the potential to develop into a crazy cross between Sproles and AP with some of the attributes of each and a body somewhere in the middle IMHO.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000108535/Week-14-David-Wilson-highlights

In total agreement. Every time Wilson saw the field it was a run tell, kind of like what NO has done with Ingram, and often it was an outside run.

I put a link with the highlights on our league site earlier Matt. You probably didn't watch it but you still can go back and do so, just copy and paste, nevermind, I'll put the link below. If you watch the 6 yard TD run which is the 4th play or so you will see he has the skill and heart to run well not only inside but on the goal-line, they show the end of the run from a different angle. It was one the better red zone runs I have seen all year. Wilson is potential personified. Nobody knows if he will be a great goalline runner yet including the Giants coaching staff but you can definitely see the potential in that run. He has pretty good hands but who knows if he will make the proper blocks in the backfield, he may not play him much on 3rd down but that doesn't mean they won't throw the ball to him.

He is a just a rookie and they clearly weren't counting on him to do anything other than return kicks or run the ball this year because they had multiple guys they intended to do the rest, but there were only a few guys considered potential 3 down feature RBs in this last draft and he was one of them. He has the potential to develop into a crazy cross between Sproles and AP with some of the attributes of each and a body somewhere in the middle IMHO.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000108535/Week-14-David-Wilson-highlights

Good stuff Les. I will take a look. Gonna wait to see how the draft shakes out but I've got the 1.2 if you want to think of selling this off season... :cheers: