This needed it's own thread, fer sher

This needed it's own thread, fer sher

I agree.

1. Norv

2. Andy

3. Rivera

4. Shurmer

5. Crennel

I think Chan is gone too. Mularky will probably stay, as will Lovie even though the Bears have imploded yet again.

I agree.

1. Norv

2. Andy

3. Rivera

4. Shurmer

5. Crennel

I think Chan is gone too. Mularky will probably stay, as will Lovie even though the Bears have imploded yet again.

I almost put Norv first but for gambling purposes I think Shurmur is gone as soon as the Cleveland game ends on Sunday.

6) Jason Garrett if they lose Sunday night :)

Sean Payton is signed for five years in New Orleans, though? :overhead:

6) Jason Garrett if they lose Sunday night :)

i would have agreed with you before the player death situation and how the cowboys played the back half of the season in the face of massive injury problems. i think that buys him another year from jones, even if they lose on sunday night.

but if he can't fix the stupid mistakes (penalties, disorganization) next season, he's going to be a coordinator somewhere else.

1. Norv

2. Norv

3. Norv

4. Norv

5. Rivera

Norv would've been #1 on most people's list for the last 3 years.

Coaches that are SAFE (imo)

1. Garrett - Jerry likes him and the team has done very well despite injury the 2nd half of the season.

2. Lovie - Bears brass hates paying coaches who don't work for them. Emery drafts o line like he was supposed to last year and gives Lovie one more year before he moves on. Tice might get canned though.

3. Rex - Woody is going to fire and/or reassign everyone except Rex. For whatever reason.

4. ??

Question of Large Intrigue:

Where does Chip Kelley end up?

1. Pat Shurmur- Cleveland

2. Romeo Crennel- Kansas City

3. Norv Turner- San Diego

4. Andy Reid- Philadelphia

5. Chan Gailey- Buffalo

Of these I think Crennel and Reid both have slight < 10% chances of staying.

I also think Rivera is safe.

Of these I think Crennel and Reid both have slight < 10% chances of staying.

I also think Rivera is safe.

I think you're right. Rivera has been much better as the season went on.

My picks

1. Pat Shurmur- Cleveland

2. Romeo Crennel- Kansas City

3. Norv Turner- San Diego

4. Andy Reid- Philadelphia

5. Chan Gailey- Buffalo

1. Andy Reid

Dead man walking. I expect they'll let him officially resign tomorrow.

Dead man walking. I expect they'll let him officially resign tomorrow.

I guess it's official per NFL.com

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Sunday that coach Andy Reid was informed during a Friday meeting with Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie that he'd be fired after the season finale against the New York Giants, according to two sources. The Eagles are expected to formally announce Reid's firing Monday.

I guess it's official per NFL.com

Yep. I think Andy Reid is generally a good man and he had a quality run here, but his time has passed.

I admit that I have been a bit disconnected from the league since my Fantasy season, and the Bucs season both ended about three weeks ago but I am surprised to see Lovie on any of these lists... Even if they miss the playoffs. Perhaps, a disappointing season, but not bad enough to justify termination. The only way I see that happening is if they have someone already to replace him...say Reid, although that is unlikely considering league tampering regulations.

On a side note, give Mularkey (JAX) maybe one more season... perhaps with Tebow. And, I am shocked Whisenhunt (ARI) has not been mentioned. Despite what has become a competitive division, they are the bottom dweller with a horrid offense. After the phony 4-0 start, a complete collapse in the desert. A more demanding fan base would be calling for his head. Same thing in SD. Why did Norv have a job this long?

Are west coast teams less demanding of performance and leadership (HC), than mid-west/east coast?

SF would be an exemption I suppose, but people's personalities and demeanor does tend to differ depending where you live on our country. I mean, what if Hawaii had a pro team... Would he ever have pressure to win? The University has only had 5 coaches over the past 25 seasons, and they never win anything significant. Okay... Not sure where I am going with this so I will close up shop. Keep Lovie, Lose Whisenhunt and move to Hawaii. Out.

Black Monday is off to a fast start...

Coaches Fired

Andy Reid - PHI

Pat Shurmur - CLE

Romeo Crennel - KC

Lovie Smith - CHI

Chan Gailey - BUF

Norv Turner - SD

Ken Whisenhunt - ARI

General Managers Fired

Mike Tannenbaum - NYJ

Tom Heckert - CLE

Gene Smith - JAX

A.J. Smith - SD

Rod Graves - ARI

On the Chopping Block

HC Ron Rivera - CAR

GM Scott Pioli - KC

Edited by Mike FF Today
Update for San Diego & Arizona house cleaning

Coaches Fired

Andy Reid - PHI

Pat Shurmur - CLE

Romeo Crennel - KC

Lovie Smith - CHI

Chan Gailey - BUF

General Managers Fired

Mike Tannenbaum - NYJ

Tom Heckert - CLE

Gene Smith - JAX

On the Chopping Block

HC Norv Turner - SD

GM A.J. Smith - SD

GM Scott Pioli - KC

Smith and Turner will be out.

Pioli is safe...for now.

1. Andy Reid

2. Pat Shurmur

3. Romeo Crennel

4. Lovie Smith

5. Chan Gailey

Rex Ryan may be safe for now. Mularkey may get one more year under a new GM. I'm speculating later in the day that Norv Turner and Ken Whisenhunt get fired.

GM Scott Pioli - KC

Mike...

What are your thoughts on Pioli? I'm surprised he is struggling so much in KC. He was magic in New England.

Mike...

What are your thoughts on Pioli? I'm surprised he is struggling so much in KC. He was magic in New England.

Haven't been impressed with Pioli at all. He's reportedly cleaned up some business side issues that were plaguing the team but I've also heard stories from second-hand sources about the culture at Arrorhead being very toxic which has led to many disgruntled employees. Putting that aside, the on-field play, draft blunders, lack of a quarterback(s) two failed head coaches is enough for him to lose his job... and in my opinion... he will very soon, it's just a matter of time. Four of the five Chiefs pro-bowlers this season are from the Herm Edwards, Carl Peterson regime. If reports are true, no big-name coach wants to come work for Pioli.

It's no great stretch to assume that perhaps Bill Belichick and Tom Brady were/are the key components to New England's success. The two most important people in a football organization are the quarterback and head coach (in my opinion) and Pioli never got them right in KC. He was lucky to have Bill and Tom in New England.

I was just thinking and know this will never happen, but, wouldn't it be interesting if a team hired these "fired" HC's as a Head Coach, Off. Cord., and Def Cord.?

If I'm an owner of the Detroit Lions, I clean house and try to hire Wisenhunt/Shurmur/Reid as my HC, Norv/Reid as my OC, and Romeo/Lovie as my DC. I wouldn't want any of the "fired" GM's to run my team, though.

I was just thinking and know this will never happen, but, wouldn't it be interesting if a team hired these "fired" HC's as a Head Coach, Off. Cord., and Def Cord.?

If I'm an owner of the Detroit Lions, I clean house and try to hire Wisenhunt/Shurmur/Reid as my HC, Norv/Reid as my OC, and Romeo/Lovie as my DC. I wouldn't want any of the "fired" GM's to run my team, though.

The Lions coach should of been the 1st out the door

Andy Reid

Norv Turner

Lovie Smith (if Bears miss playoffs)

Romeo Crennel

Jason Garrett (if Cowboys miss playoffs)

Chan Gailey

Cmon Jerry don't make a liar out of me!

Whisenhunt wasn't what I'd call a surprise, but I thought they'd give him one more year given the qb situation.

I'm surprised to hear people bring up Schwartz in Detroit. Yes, this season fell short but don't forget he took over what was literally the worst team in the history of the NFL and got them to the playoffs in 3 seasons. Another poor year would get him added to the list for sure, but I think he's earned a 5th season.

Clark Hunt, Chiefs owner was just on the radio saying HE and he only will be the one hiring the new head coach in Kansas City. Moving forward, the head coach and GM will report to him which is a fundamental change the way the front office has operated in the past. Typically the head coach reported to the GM and the GM to the owner.

Translation: Pioli will likely be fired AFTER a new head coach is hired or the new head coach will have to be on board with Pioli being the GM and the new hierarchy structure. I don't see Pioli signing on to this situation... his days are numbered.