Sign in to follow this  
Canadianfan

Chip Kelly likely a Brown

With Chip kelly close to signing a deal with Cleveland in the next day or so, what does this do to Richardson and Gordon's value?

With Chip kelly close to signing a deal with Cleveland in the next day or so, what does this do to Richardson and Gordon's value?

Richardson could vault into top 5 easy, just for the amount of offensive plays he should get. Gordon about same, not sure about the vertical passing game from Kelly. Hardesty also becomes a PPR weekly flex play potentially, as 1 RB cannot run this offense

will be interested to see what type of QB he goes after. Vick? Boyd?

It will take a few seasons, but if Browns fans remain patient, they'll have one exciting offense.

I think they should already give up on Brandon Weeden (Is that his name?) and look elsewhere. Dude sucks.

apparently as of now, Chip Kelly has Colt Mccoy in mind, and will probably draft, Boyd or go after Vick

Weeden will be holding a clipboard somewhere else I would guess

6 yrs 50 mil rumored and complete personnel control

Richardson could vault into top 5 easy, just for the amount of offensive plays he should get.

This is why I would have liked to see Kelly in Buffalo. In that kind of offense I just think Spiller's potential would be off the charts. Can't complain if I'd end up with Richardson in next year's draft.

Giving him personnel control will be a Huge mistake...recruiting kids for a spread offense is not the same as building an nfl roster. Has he ever even coached at any level in nfl to be given so much control at that level? A quick wikipedia search shows NO time spent in NFL.

Coach sure but giving him total control of personel is absolutely going overboard for a rookie coach. How do they know his ability to spot NFL talent?

Is Richardson even a RB to fit in that offense? You take a solid RB and offensive line and go spread with no real talent at any skill position other than a POWER RB

can you imagine Chip Kelly offense playing in Cleveland, Cincy, Baltimore, Pittsburgh and AFC East in 30 degree wind and rain.

this has Spurier results written all over it

Giving him personnel control will be a Huge mistake...recruiting kids for a spread offense is not the same as building an nfl roster. Has he ever even coached at any level in nfl to be given so much control at that level? A quick wikipedia search shows NO time spent in NFL.

Coach sure but giving him total control of personel is absolutely going overboard for a rookie coach. How do they know his ability to spot NFL talent?

Is Richardson even a RB to fit in that offense? You take a solid RB and offensive line and go spread with no real talent at any skill position other than a POWER RB

can you imagine Chip Kelly offense playing in Cleveland, Cincy, Baltimore, Pittsburgh and AFC East in 30 degree wind and rain.

I tend to agree. If he's gonna run that stupid Oregon offense, he better sign 14 qbs, they will get killed.

He should trade for Vick, Tebow, and Vince young. What a camp that would be.

Where are you guys seeing that he's getting full control? Everything I've read has said his lack of a desire to have full control is what's making this speed along.

I could be WAY off base, but this reeks of typical Cleveland Browns. You've got a rookie owner who seems to be completely smitten by the latest hot name in college. Just really strange how they've gone all in like they have.

I could be WAY off base, but this reeks of typical Cleveland Browns. You've got a rookie owner who seems to be completely smitten by the latest hot name in college. Just really strange how they've gone all in like they have.

It's not the owner, it's Joe Banner. There is no way Joe Banner isn't calling the shots.

This is sort of along the lines of what I was thinking also.

Cleveland has a pretty good line, and what looks like a great running back for a traditional ground game offense. Kelly's gimmickie style could set back and destroy Clevends biggest asset.

this dude aint gonna be the 1st guy to try and step to the NFL with that spread offense, maybe he'll be the last. It's not going to work, same as it hasn't worked every other time someone tried it. There are some teams running that hybrid style, like Cam and RGIII, but it remains to be seen how long these guys can stay healthy and keep running that style. Also, Cleveland doesn't have a multidimensional QB like that. This is a terrible idea, and will definitely hurt TRich's value. I like Kelly, and enjoy the offense he runs at Oregon, but that crap won't work in the NFL. And cleveland doesnèt exactly have 3 super speedy RBs he can cycle in and out at will to run that O. Gonna be a clown show for a year, maybe 2, before he runs back to college...

Gordon arrow up, if he has good work ethic which we really don't know yet. TRich arrow sideways to maybe down initially. We don't know the offensive scheme but if it is as assumed it is not ideal for TRich's skillset. Trich is versatile enough that he will be utilized but Cleveland is going a step backwards before they move ahead based on new system and either a new QB or one that is not a good fit. If Gordon continues to develop he could still thrive in garbage time in what should be a offensive debacle the first year.

Darkhorse beneficiary could be Hardesty and if he is on your dynasty WW and can be grabbed I would consider it. Hardesty looked to have regained his form which had him highly regarded not long ago and could probably garner a draft pick from another NFL team. He is going into a contract year and with Cleveland starting from scratch it would make sense for them to deal him before losing him in FA. If he stays, as was mentioned earlier in this thread, Kelly's O shuttles players quite a bit,he will get some work, and frankly he may be a better fit than TRich.

There may be a few ways to win with Hardesty as a flyer in dynasty leagues at this point.

If they don't have a qb....no arrows will even get close to sideways let alone up

If they don't have a qb....no arrows will even get close to sideways let alone up

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Teams that fall far behind early often are capable of putting up significant garbage time stats for at least 1 WR even with a poor QB. The key is behind enough early for teams to be playing coverage significantly off. If Clevelands D is dominant enough to keep games close then that will not be the case.

TRich is my cornerstone keeper in my deep keeper league. The more I think about this the less happy I am. The redeeming thing is that he is somewhat active in the passing game.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Teams that fall far behind early often are capable of putting up significant garbage time stats for at least 1 WR even with a poor QB. The key is behind enough early for teams to be playing coverage significantly off. If Clevelands D is dominant enough to keep games close then that will not be the case.

Site an example please.

Site an example please.

Come on, maybe if this thread is still around when I have more time I will get specific. I guess it wouldn't work to just say I've been playing since the 1980s and noticed a trend. :)

How about you look it up and let me know if you find something different? Or maybe I could give some recent ideas for you to check out. Teams in the last 4-5 years I think of as having bad Ds and questionable QBs might be Carolina, KC and Buffalo. Some of those teams had a useful WR as far as I can remember. Bowe, S. Smith, and S.Johnson all have had several years of fantasy relevance and may well have helped some teams win championships.

Teams that have played well enough on D to keep games close at times such as AZ this year before the whole team gave up have a hard time supporting a solid FF WR when they have a bad QB.

The pre Cutler Bears might be another example. Just my experience.

Come on, maybe if this thread is still around when I have more time I will get specific. I guess it wouldn't work to just say I've been playing since the 1980s and noticed a trend. :)

How about you look it up and let me know if you find something different? Or maybe I could give some recent ideas for you to check out. Teams in the last 4-5 years I think of as having bad Ds and questionable QBs might be Carolina, KC and Buffalo. Some of those teams had a useful WR as far as I can remember. Bowe, S. Smith, and S.Johnson all have had several years of fantasy relevance and may well have helped some teams win championships.

Teams that have played well enough on D to keep games close at times such as AZ this year before the whole team gave up have a hard time supporting a solid FF WR when they have a bad QB.

The pre Cutler Bears might be another example. Just my experience.

I also can't think of many examples. Garbage offenses just dnt produce garbage time stats. In todays nfl bad teams seam to do worse when down big. They suck already then they become one dimensional and useless.

See vikes last night

It doesn't matter who coaches the Browns, they are the Browns.

Even a hall of famer like Bill Belichick couldn't turn that sorry franchise around.

Shocker....who wouldn't want a coaching gig in Da Dawg Pound? With all that talent? I imagine Kelly asking for a different QB than Weeden - you know an actual QB - at the interview probably derailed it.

Chip Kelly is going to get the best deal he can get. How in their fvcking right mind would want to ever coach in Cleveland? Bill Belichick couldn't even win there.

Top coaching talent is going fast they really should have jumped on the Syracuse coach ......ex coordinator for Brees heck ya.....nfl ready and nfl proven

Bump up Bills skill players for sure

Chip Kelly is going to get the best deal he can get. How in their fvcking right mind would want to ever coach in Cleveland? Bill Belichick couldn't even win there.

'94 he not only won, but he knocked the patriots out of the playoffs..

'94 he not only won, but he knocked the patriots out of the playoffs..

the 94 Patriots were a juggernaut

chip kelly is a joke

He has been a winner everywhere he has gone to coach. Not sure your reasoning for calling him a joke.