Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Winter Storm Nemo: Historic Storm Ahead for North East

c'mon, you know we're going to be like tikigod's wettest dream and get 8 inches

I guess your wettest dream is 24 inches. :shocking:

That's a lot of snow

I heard Providence is going to get some. I wonder if I should try and fix my snow blower?

I heard Providence is going to get some. I wonder if I should try and fix my snow blower?

Patsfats is full of hot air, he's looking for work.

Since when do they name winter storms?

The Blizzard of 78 :dunno:

You don't find Nemo, Nemo finds you :mad:

Patsfats is full of hot air, he's looking for work.

I am full of hot air, but not looking for work. :dunno:

BTW - should we set up a pool for when my house burns down? Drobeski gave me a generator hookup and I could be using it for the first time. :o

BTW - should we set up a pool for when my house burns down? Drobeski gave me a generator hookup and I could be using it for the first time. :o

Saturday morning at 8 am

I bought a generator for Super Storm Sandy and it's still in the box. Should I bother unwrapping it? And how many blenders can run off a one generator anyway?

I bought a generator for Super Storm Sandy and it's still in the box. Should I bother unwrapping it? And how many blenders can run off a one generator anyway?

I bought mine a little before that storm as well.

That is the good thing about winter storms that happen on weekends. As long as you have enough booze, it really is not that big of deal. :dunno:

It's just been reclassified as a Class 3 Killstorm.

Springfield is focked. :shocking:

Springfield is focked. :shocking:

springfield is 90% messican, they'd been focked for a long time

There was another thread on this a little while ago. It is a marketing ploy by the Weather Channel

It's also done because the insurance companiescan can track the claims from these storms easier. They can also raise the deductible for named storms. I don't know if they do that for winter storms but they do it for named hurricanes. My deductible goes from $500 to 2% of the claim I file.

It's also done because the insurance companiescan can track the claims from these storms easier. They can also raise the deductible for named storms. I don't know if they do that for winter storms but they do it for named hurricanes. My deductible goes from $500 to 2% of the claim I file.

what a scam.

what a scam.

Insurance companies take big hits with hurricanes. But that's their risk passed on to us. The bad thing right now is a lot of insurance companies are refusing to write anymore wind and hail claims. They'll sell you a homeowners policy excluding wind and hail and you have to go to the state run insurance company to get a wind and hail policy. My homeowners insurance policy was $1100.00 total a year. That covered everything except flood. After Katrina, my company dropped me and I was forced to get the state run insurance carrier for wind and hail (Citizens). Now I pay $2400.00 a year. Untill insurance companies start writing wind and hail policies again, we'll pay a lot more than we should.

Alright b!tches - I want a play by play update on this huge storm tomorrow if you're in the path. Looks like NYC, some of you Pennsylvania folks, KUTULU in Boston, and where are you at Patsfatboy?

This storm is apparently going to be huge and I love the weather. I want updated pics or vids from you Iphones posted on this topic. Show me something that you are witnessing please. Imageshack and youtube from you folks getting clobbered please.

NEMO

I have a date with my wife tomorrow evening 7:00 cst, but I will be back by midnight and want to see some good sh!t from you guys. I'm counting on you :cheers:

Alright b!tches - I want a play by play update on this huge storm tomorrow if you're in the path. Looks like NYC, some of you Pennsylvania folks, KUTULU in Boston, and where are you at Patsfatboy?

This storm is apparently going to be huge and I love the weather. I want updated pics or vids from you Iphones posted on this topic. Show me something that you are witnessing please. Imageshack and youtube from you folks getting clobbered please.

NEMO

I have a date with my wife tomorrow evening 7:00 cst, but I will be back by midnight and want to see some good sh!t from you guys. I'm counting on you :cheers:

We are in the 16-24" area with some people getting 30"+

I will give some updates, but Saturday morning will be the biggest time for the weather pics.

We are in the 16-24" area with some people getting 30"+

I will give some updates, but Saturday morning will be the biggest time for the weather pics.

I can't wait!

I'm living vicarioiusly through you northern folks for winter weather updates. Not a whole lot of action here in northern alabama.

My area is predicted to 24-36 inches of snow.

I still have to go to work today. :rolleyes:

dumb

Nemo dropped a pretty good load on us in Central MI. Right about a foot, and this is the weaker of the 2 systems.

I love winter storms, last year was the first year that was completely void of them that I can remember. Good to at least get one good one. You Bostonians are going to see some sh1t. I'd just worry about losing power, and hopefully not having to go anywhere until Monday. With the wind, there could be drifts that completely bury homes, talking by-defintion snowed in.

Good luck :thumbsup: Even though I wouldn't mind seeing that whole area buried in about 15 feet ala Day After Tomorrow

I can't wait!

I'm living vicarioiusly through you northern folks for winter weather updates. Not a whole lot of action here in northern alabama.

Two weather events I want to experience is a semi-weak hurricane, and a true Nor'Easter like this, which is basically a hurricane with snow. In MI, we get a couple blizzards a decade, but very rarely like one of those, and never(other than maybe '78 blizzard, but that was way before my time) like this. I was geeked throughout this storm, and that's about a foot with no wind. Boston is looking at 30 inches with 50-60mph winds. Just crazy.

Sleaze coasters are a bunch of focking poosays. We get storms like this once a week around here and all they do is delay school by a couple of hours. Man up biotches. :bandana:

The entire state is closed, thank you Devil Patrick :rolleyes:

What a bunch of focking pansies. :thumbsdown:

Nemo dropped a pretty good load on us in Central MI. Right about a foot, and this is the weaker of the 2 systems.

I love winter storms, last year was the first year that was completely void of them that I can remember. Good to at least get one good one. You Bostonians are going to see some sh1t. I'd just worry about losing power, and hopefully not having to go anywhere until Monday. With the wind, there could be drifts that completely bury homes, talking by-defintion snowed in.

Good luck :thumbsup: Even though I wouldn't mind seeing that whole area buried in about 15 feet ala Day After Tomorrow

The likelihood of power outages is actually less than when we get ice storms in the fall. The snow is light and fluffy, so the stress on power lines is less. Plus the leaves are long since off the trees, so their weight and impact of things is less. When we have ice storms, both situations are much worse.

I do have a generator in case we do lose power, but drobeski did the hookup so we are a little scared. :lol:

With that said, people will be out and about Saturday night and Sunday will be close to normal, with the exception of flights still catching up. When you get plenty of notice and the majority happens on a weekend, it is not that big of a deal.