Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

The Americans.....with Keri Russell

I like it, but it is a little slow at the beginning.

One of my professors in grad school was an undercover CIA guy for about thirty years. Once he retired and started teaching, he had to come out from cover (his wife was an agent too). He would tell the most amazing stories about the things he's done, very similar to the show.

Wow. So you met mmmbeer!

And/or magnificent basturd.

I am almost finished with season 2 and I got to say I am kind of happy about Nina's outcome... Her character was getting boring this season...

Wow. So you met mmmbeer!

And/or magnificent basturd.

MB never claimed to be undercover. He always clearly stated he was a humble patrolman. Rmff

http://tvline.com/2016/05/25/the-americans-renewed-season-5-and-6-end-date-finale-fx/

The Americans Renewed for Seasons 5 and 6 as FX Sets End Date

The Cold War is nearing its inevitable end.

FX has renewed The Americans for Season 5 and Season 6, with the latter serving as the acclaimed series’ swan song, the cabler announced Wednesday. The 13-episode fifth season will air in 2017, followed by a 10-episode sixth and final season in 2018.

FX co-president Eric Schrier said the two-season order will allow co-showrunners Joe Weisberg and Joel Fields “to tell this story to its perfect conclusion,” adding, “We look forward to a brilliant final act of the Jennings family saga.”

“It’s hard to believe we’re heading into the final stretch on The Americans, and we’re so grateful to know we’ll be telling the story to its conclusion,” said Fields and Weisberg in their own statement. “The best part of the last four years has been the intensive and fruitful collaboration with all of the people who make this show — the teams at FX… our amazing cast, crew, and production team and our fellow writers. It’s a lot of people putting their hearts and souls into The Americans, at this point for a lot of years. We’re looking forward to the final two.”

Fields and Weisberg, meanwhile, will continue their relationship with FX beyond The Americans; the pair have closed a new overall deal with FX Productions that calls for them to develop a new series.

The Americans‘ current fourth season concludes on Wednesday, June 8.

Wow. So you met mmmbeer!

It was only 4 years... and not embedded anywhere. Thanks for letting me rent space in your head though bro.

Great show.

Yep, and am going to hate to see it end, but it makes me happy they have set a firm ending date so they can work towards completing the story. :thumbsup:

One of the best shows on TV. Look forward to it

One of the best shows on TV. Look forward to it

It really is, kind of funny how Russia is back in the mainstream too. They timed it well.

It really is, kind of funny how Russia is back in the mainstream too. They timed it well.

No kidding. Maybe it will get some more people watching.

They got to do a movie when it's over.... The Trump years

Ever give it a rest?? Ever?

Serious question: has snl or some other group of hacks done a spoof called the African Americans?

With Nipsey Russell?

Ever give it a rest?? Ever?

nope I'm a political troll... Ya figured me out. :wave:

Excellent episode to start the season. Looks like they have some interesting plots this year, moving some of the action to Russia. It's 1984 in the show now, the music should be good.