Sign in to follow this  
Franknbeans

Predict how the Aaron hernandez saga ends

Being accused does not mean that you are automatically guilty, let's let the system play out and see where it takes him.

So far the evidence seems damning, but the police are not interested in justice, just targeting someone they think is the culprit, its the prosecutors, judge and jury that will likely determine innocence or guilt.

If he is charged, and goes to court I feel that he may be in trouble, and pending the outcome of the verdict, could spend a very long time in jail.

If he is acquitted or charges are dropped he will simply be vilified by the fans and media for the rest of his life, whether he is truly guilty or not.

If your innocent, why would you smash your home security system, destroy your cellphone, hire a cleaning company and not cooperate with police. If my friend was murdered, I would cooperate to the fullest. His actions are screaming GUILTY!!! JMO

• Like 1

If your innocent, why would you smash your home security system, destroy your cellphone, hire a cleaning company and not cooperate with police. If my friend was murdered, I would cooperate to the fullest. His actions are screaming GUILTY!!! JMO

I am not going to judge him with the meager facts being presented in the media, its not my place to be his judge. I would want the same respect if I were accused of something. Innocent until proven guilty.

Here's all the things I've read about him over the years:

- Multiple failed drug tests at Florida. Now one of his college coaches is giving interviews about all of his gang banger buddies.

- Some BS in Providence with a heckler and tossed gun

- Supposedly shoots some guy in the face

- Now this...dead guy he was last seen with, rented car in his name, body a mile from his house, busted cell phone, busted security system, hires a cleaning crew, etc. Like Rican said...that dude is so f'ing guilty of something.

My prediction...At the very least, he's going to get hindering an investigation or tampering, or whatever they call it there. I would expect that to be some jail time possibly. More expected is that he was an actual accessory to murder and that he sees significant years in prison. His dbag friends will definitely turn on him that's for sure. At this point, there's even an outside chance he actually pulled the trigger.

He could have easily played his last ball in the NFL.

• Like 1

Charges are amended to include a much greater charge like conspiracy, accomplice, or maybe even straight murder. His goose is cooked at trial because the government can use that he destroyed evidence and the jury may infer from that that he is guilty.

I am not going to judge him with the meager facts being presented in the media, its not my place to be his judge. I would want the same respect if I were accused of something. Innocent until proven guilty.

Sorry, if you hinder a murder investigation, especially if it involves an associate of yours who you were hanging out the previous night, it does not make sense and it says you're hiding something. If that was your family member, would your reaction be the same knowing his friend destroyed items that could help the police solve the case.

I respect your position, but what we know is pretty damning:

- Hernandez knew the victim

- Surveillance video from the neighborhood showed Hernandez with the victim around 2 or 3 a.m., not long before he was killed

- The victim was executed

- Hernandez destroyed his home surveillance system and cell phone

- Hernandez had a cleaning crew come and scrub his house

- Hernandez has not been cooperating with police

If that doesn't all scream "guilty", I don't know what does. At this point it's certainly a possibility that he personally killed the victim. Best case scenario is that he was heavily involved.

If he's not the one who pulled the trigger, he flips on his buddies for a slap on the wrist.

Isn't that what Ray Lewis did?

OJ was innocent, everyone thought he was quilty as well! :shocking:

Isn't that what Ray Lewis did?

No... Lewis actually did it... But they destroyed enough of the evidence!

I'm predicting that they do get him on a murder rap. But what I'm REALLY hoping for is that this thing ends in a shoot-out....and soon. I'm wasting waaaay to too much of my time following this story.

I'm predicting that they do get him on a murder rap. But what I'm REALLY hoping for is that this thing ends in a shoot-out....and soon. I'm wasting waaaay to too much of my time following this story.

I realize you're joking, but the same possibility was on my mind. To say this dude is behaving erratically is an understatement. It's like he's doing whatever possible (blatantly) to stay ahead of the cops. Destroying security systems, phones, going to the facility when nobody was around. Now that they've barred him from the facility, I can see him going off the deep end.

Hes clearly an accessory to murder and they will nab him on that. Buh bye dickhead. Jake ballard is the TE to own this year for the pats. Gronk is done and hernandez is history.

I see a lot of circumstantial evidence that high priced lawyers could work around. All it takes is a reasonable doubt and he walks. One juror makes this go away.

Is there 100% proof HE destroyed any of the equipment? Maybe his buddies took his phone from him and accidentally dropped it on tile.

Perhaps his lease was up and he needed to get his place cleaned so he'd get his deposit back

Or maybe he just squeels on his buddy, gets him to do the time and tell him when he gets out he'll be able to re-enter the entourage with a few extra incentives.

I say he never does any more than a couple months in a mid level jail.

I see a lot of circumstantial evidence that high priced lawyers could work around. All it takes is a reasonable doubt and he walks. One juror makes this go away.

Is there 100% proof HE destroyed any of the equipment? Maybe his buddies took his phone from him and accidentally dropped it on tile.

Perhaps his lease was up and he needed to get his place cleaned so he'd get his deposit back

Or maybe he just squeels on his buddy, gets him to do the time and tell him when he gets out he'll be able to re-enter the entourage with a few extra incentives.

I say he never does any more than a couple months in a mid level jail.

I say you are delusional.

Hernandez was clearly involved in covering up the homicide, if we can dignify such clumsy efforts as a "coverup." The best case scenario is that he told his henchmen to "take care of this guy," learned to his horror that they had killed him instead of just roughing him up, and then made drug-addled and/or panicky efforts to hide the crime. Worst case, of course, is that he pulled the trigger, but I doubt that; antisocial celebrities surround themselves with thugs to do their dirty work.
If Hernandez did commit the crime or order it committed, his life and career are destroyed. This could even end really badly if he's convinced his deal has gone down. However, if he can pin this on his associates, he will not only play football again but eventually get his story spun as an inspirational "comeback" a la Vick, Stallworth and others, reclaiming his endorsement deals and giving talks to young people about the perils of keeping bad company.

Hernandez was clearly involved in covering up the homicide, if we can dignify such clumsy efforts as a "coverup." The best case scenario is that he told his henchmen to "take care of this guy" learned to his horror that they had killed him instead of just roughing him up, and then made drug-addled and/or panicky efforts to hide the crime.

Agree. However I'm starting to wonder about a different scenario. Hernandez and the victim were apparently pals- Ive heard rumblings suggesting that this was part of a drug deal gone wrong. If Hernandez was simply selling or buying to the victim, why do it in an industrial complex rather than in his garage/basement/area without a camera?

I am speculating that Hernandez and the victim were partners in some Jamal Lewis type drug deal and met a third party in the industrial center for the purpose of either buying or selling drugs, and that deal went sour. Hernandez is now obstructing to cover his own involvement in narcotic aspect of the crime rather than being responsible for the murder per se.

No, I am not a Pats fan.

Agree. However I'm starting to wonder about a different scenario. Hernandez and the victim were apparently pals- Ive heard rumblings suggesting that this was part of a drug deal gone wrong. If Hernandez was simply selling or buying to the victim, why do it in an industrial complex rather than in his garage/basement/area without a camera?

I am speculating that Hernandez and the victim were partners in some Jamal Lewis type drug deal and met a third party in the industrial center for the purpose of either buying or selling drugs, and that deal went sour. Hernandez is now obstructing to cover his own involvement in narcotic aspect of the crime rather than being responsible for the murder per se.

No, I am not a Pats fan.

OK :sleep:

No, I am not a Pats fan.

Intetesting theory. I don't buy it, but it's the only sorta-innocence theory that makes sense right now.

Pakistan nukes India?

If the homicide occurred while another crime was occurring he can also be charged w felony murder

Intetesting theory. I don't buy it, but it's the only sorta-innocence theory that makes sense right now.

Yeah I would rather have as much evidence as possible showing I was only there to buy drugs and not to murder some people.

Yeah I would rather have as much evidence as possible showing I was only there to buy drugs and not to murder some people.

Indeed. The destruction of evidence is really quite damning.

• Like 1

So do you think this affects his fantasy value? Cough...cough.

In my dynasty league i asked if a 2021 4th round rookie draft pick was too much to pay. It probably is.

He got traded in my dynasty league for a second round rookie pick. Next year.

:unsure:

No, I am not a Pats fan.

I could see a scenario with Hernandez playing the part of wannabe drug kingpin, getting involved with real criminals possibly owing them money and Hernadez's buddy getting killed as a message/punishment.

Of course i used to watch Miami Vice all the time,.

What i think will happen is that one of his "boys" will confess to the murder, and Hernandez will walk away scott free.

Obstruction of Justice- found guilty

Accessory to Murder- found not guilty

short prison term, massive lawyer bills, lawsuit by victim's family. Broke ex-con, soon arrested again for drug dealing and back into prison.

Just read that they have an arrest warrant on obstruction of justice, but it hasn't been filed yet. So it seems they are trying to put the squeeze on him--talk or we file that warrant and arrest you.

Of course, if he was involved in the murder then he's not going to talk anyway. So this may be a way of confirming or disconfirming his direct involvement for the sake of the investigators.

Apparently the police are back at the house searching again today as well. Brought K9 dogs and a locksmith.

I just have to ask, who kills a dood and leaves the body in the open where it can be found? Let alone a mile from their house...???

I just have to ask, who kills a dood and leaves the body in the open where it can be found? Let alone a mile from their house...???

That's the only thing that makes me wonder if maybe the guy was killed by rivals or something like that, as a message for Hernandez.

But everything else we know seems to cut against that. The rental car, Hernandez destroying evidence, his not cooperating, the way the cops are turning his house upside down for evidence.

Given that the victim's girlfriend and Ahern's girlfriend are sisters, and given the open body in close proximity to Ahern's house, I lean heavily toward the theory that the killing was a message sent from a rival drug dealer type. It seems very plausible to me that the destroying of evidence was to cover up the drug trafficking efforts rather than the murder.

Regarding the Florida incident, it is highly plausible that Ahern pointed the gun at the guy and the guy went to knock the gun away from his face, it went off, grazing the guy's arm and then hitting him in the face.

I'm no left-wing liberal, in fact just the opposite. However, I do think we need to define both extreme ends of the spectrum of possibilities before calling the guy a murderer or accessory to murder. No gun yet, right?

I'm also no fan of Ahern, and I am definitely not advocating that he did nothing wrong, but murder seems a stretch based on what little evidence has arisen. This case should continue to be interesting until all the facts come out (I'm guessing Ray Lewis is thinking "deja vu all over again").