Sign in to follow this  
Corky76

What annoys you on draft day? Your top 5 things.....

I haven't posted on here in quite some time but am in the middle of my first draft of the year (slow email - Draft Experts - NFFC) and have been REALLY annoyed by one person in particular. After every player is drafted, he thinks he needs to analyze the pick - that will be the #1 on this list:

1. Overanalyzer: This is the person that always comments "great pick", "bust", "steal", etc. I could honestly care less about your opinion on who I just drafted but.... Gee thanks.

2. Guy that will always wait til last second to pick: Usually this is the same person that has 2 laptops and 10 spreadsheets in front of him. He relies on every other source except for his own judgement for his next selection. It doesn't matter if the time limit is 30 seconds or 30 minutes, he will always wait til the clock is almost up. Normally this guy is a walkover so I am glad to see him in my leagues:)

3. Guy that consistently picks players already drafted: The polar opposite of #2. This guy is completely unprepared and annually tries to take Reggie Wayne in the 9th round after he was drafted in the 4th. Surprisingly, this guy usually beats #2.

4. Guy that always wants to trade: Inevitably there is always the guy that drafts based on what he read about VBD and thinks he's gonna pull a fast one on the rest of the league by drafting 5 RB's with his first 6 picks then using that as tradebait. Immediately after the draft is finished he is already talking trades. This was a strategy that worked back in 1999.

5. The Drunk Guy: He might be a combination of all 4 above or he might not be any of them. I have a couple of good pals that get hammered during drafts and they always seem to use it as a cop-out. "Oh I coulda won that league if I stayed sober at the draft like you did".

• Like 1

Guys who stay sober at the draft. If we knew you weren't an alchoholic, we would have never invited you to the league.

I haven't posted on here in quite some time but am in the middle of my first draft of the year (slow email - Draft Experts - NFFC) and have been REALLY annoyed by one person in particular. After every player is drafted, he thinks he needs to analyze the pick - that will be the #1 on this list:

1. Overanalyzer: This is the person that always comments "great pick", "bust", "steal", etc. I could honestly care less about your opinion on who I just drafted but.... Gee thanks.

2. Guy that will always wait til last second to pick: Usually this is the same person that has 2 laptops and 10 spreadsheets in front of him. He relies on every other source except for his own judgement for his next selection. It doesn't matter if the time limit is 30 seconds or 30 minutes, he will always wait til the clock is almost up. Normally this guy is a walkover so I am glad to see him in my leagues:)

3. Guy that consistently picks players already drafted: The polar opposite of #2. This guy is completely unprepared and annually tries to take Reggie Wayne in the 9th round after he was drafted in the 4th. Surprisingly, this guy usually beats #2.

4. Guy that always wants to trade: Inevitably there is always the guy that drafts based on what he read about VBD and thinks he's gonna pull a fast one on the rest of the league by drafting 5 RB's with his first 6 picks then using that as tradebait. Immediately after the draft is finished he is already talking trades. This was a strategy that worked back in 1999.

5. The Drunk Guy: He might be a combination of all 4 above or he might not be any of them. I have a couple of good pals that get hammered during drafts and they always seem to use it as a cop-out. "Oh I coulda won that league if I stayed sober at the draft like you did".

I think i may be all 5 of these guys.

Guys who stay sober at the draft. If we knew you weren't an alchoholic, we would have never invited you to the league.

LMAO!

That's actually a pretty funny response

The guy that drafts over the phone.

The what do you think about this guy that always ask you for advise before he picks.

The 11 y/o that drafts for his dad and ends up with a better team than mine.

First: People who show up 30 minutes late.

Second: People who show up late then don't drink.

The guy that drafts over the phone.

The what do you think about this guy that always ask you for advise before he picks.

The 11 y/o that drafts for his dad and ends up with a better team than mine.

The last three years in my keeper league the same guy hasnt shown up for the draft. I dont know why he is in the damn league. Though he did have overall points lead because i traded him rg3 and peterson :doh:

I'll give it a shot:

1. The guy who comes completely and totally un-prepared ("Hey man can I see your rankings??..")

2. The guy who purchases some expensive draft software that he doesn't know how to operate, repeatedly goes over his time limit, and still managed to completely bomb his draft.

3. The guy who can't make it in person, but who bitches the whole time because everyone else is taking too long.

4. The guy who is obsessed with landing the draft's biggest sleeper, claiming every other round that the guy he picked is 'just waiting to bust out'

5. The guy who claims in every round that the guy right before him grabbed the guy he wanted.

I think we're all guilty of these from time to time, but it is still annoying!

The guy that shouts out Tebow as a joke pick and still thinks it's funny by the 5th round.

The guy that shouts out Tebow as a joke pick and still thinks it's funny by the 5th round.

Tebow jokes are always funny.

Guy who wants to change the rules 5 minutes before the draft starts. Said guy usually never wins.

How about the dude that always promises to go to the draft, but never shows up and picks by text or phone?

How about the dude that always promises to go to the draft, but never shows up and picks by text or phone?

I really dont understand why those people even bother playing. Their in season management usually sucks balls too.

Guy who wants to change the rules 5 minutes before the draft starts. Said guy usually never wins.

THIS guy is the worst... we have one in our league... talks about how "unfair" the rules are...

As much as each of these examples can annoy me on draft day, I generally greatly appreciate the lack of preparation and leadership once the season starts.

The one who annoys me the most is the draft mom type who will blurt out names in an effort to cure the negligence of others

In my Bar league -- we go around the table (granted it's a 10 teamer - I know it's <insert adjective> )

We have a round table before hand and this one guy always takes like 20 minutes dissecting every single thing in the rules. While I know it's probably good to have a guy like this as he alone helps answer many questions before they happen in the season. But damnit's annoying right before a live draft. Every year we tell - him "Dude it's cool you put a lot of thought into this - but man couldn't you call the commish or email him before hand? Must you take 30 minutes of our time?"

My wife. :unsure:

The guy who invites his wife to the league because she rocks the family yahoo league

The guy who takes FF way too seriously and can't have a good time at the draft because he is upset by every little idiosyncracsy of his league mates.

Busting on one another at the draft for these silly things we all do is part of the fun. I would encourage you to try to have a little the next time you draft. :clap:

Kidding around in good fun but also slightly worried you might be serious and I dont want you to show up and my place of work and kill me. :nono:

Getting a call from the commish while on the way to the draft, "Hey do you think you can pick up some poster board and a sharpie? I'm running late".

I wish I could be so selfish in life that I think everyone exists to bail me out!

THIS guy is the worst... we have one in our league... talks about how "unfair" the rules are...

actually I'll amend my previous post to: Guy who wants to change the rules 5 minutes before after the draft has started. Said guy usually never wins.

poster board and sharpie? it's 2013. project the draft on a white screen, the wall or a TV.

The guy who shouts out "Oh, he got injured yesterday" after every player announced. It wasn't really funny the first time. It's annoying as hell the 37th time.

The guy who tries to draft a player that is no longer playing in the NFL. (both for real and for funny).

Not a draft day thing, but the idiots that don't submit roster changes or ever manage their lineup on game day. Why are you in the league?

The "I'll get you the rest of the money next week" guy. Seriously? WTF? You had all year to save, plan, prepare, beg your wife for money and on draft day you don't have all of the money owed?

Drafters that complain when other guys aren't drinking. Seriously? Didn't realize we were still in High School.