Sign in to follow this  
touchdowntwitaker

Le'veon Bell: The Saga - UPDATE: Doesn't need surgery

He had no knee issue, it was a bruise.

If you can gather any information from last night it's not about whether or not to draft Bell based on his talent, it's don't draft any Steeler as a starter for your team besides Antonio Brown this season. Ben will get killed behind that Oline and there will be no running because they will just crowd the line of scrimmage knowing they can get free lanes to the QB. Their Oline could be that bad. There will be a lot of 3rd and longs.

He had no knee issue, it was a bruise.

If you can gather any information from last night it's not about whether or not to draft Bell based on his talent, it's don't draft any Steeler as a starter for your team besides Antonio Brown this season. Ben will get killed behind that Oline and there will be no running because they will just crowd the line of scrimmage knowing they can get free lanes to the QB. Their Oline could be that bad. There will be a lot of 3rd and longs.

This post nails it.

Steelers beat writer Ed Bouchette posted on Twitter....

"RB Le'Veon Bell's injury to right foot not as significant as teammate Matt Spaeth's Lisfranc. Still, as a RB mid foot injury could keep Bell sidelined for awhile."

My guess is Bell is done for the preseason and his status for Week 1 is up in the air. I've been high on him for a number of reasons ever since I released my first set of projections / rankings in early June, but I'll probably slide him down a bit in our next update on Thursday.

Steelers beat writer Ed Bouchette posted on Twitter....

"RB Le'Veon Bell's injury to right foot not as significant as teammate Matt Spaeth's Lisfranc. Still, as a RB mid foot injury could keep Bell sidelined for awhile."

My guess is Bell is done for the preseason and his status for Week 1 is up in the air. I've been high on him for a number of reasons ever since I released my first set of projections / rankings in early June, but I'll probably slide him down a bit in our next update on Thursday.

Comparing him to a guy with a Lisfranc saying its not as bad isn't very encouraging. I'm bummed out because on paper this seemed like a really good situation that was exploitable.

This guy is done for a while and with the fact that Pitt's O-Line is absolute GARBAGE! I'm staying away from all Steeler RB's..

Le'Veon Bell (foot) has been diagnosed with a Lisfranc injury, and the Steelers are unsure if he will require surgery.

He has no timetable for a return. FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports the Steelers are "hoping" Bell can avoid surgery, but "won't be sure until he gets it double checked." NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Bell could be out "some time," and that the team is "pretty frustrated." Bell obviously needs to be removed from draft boards until we get a clearer idea of his timeline, but even a best-case scenario would likely have him missing 4-6 weeks. It's a tremendous disappointment for a player who was locked in as an RB2. As it is, the Steelers will likely now turn to a committee of replacement-level talents Isaac Redman, Jonathan Dwyer and La'Rod Stephens-Howling. It seems like no matter how much the Steelers try to upgrade their line and running game, they end up back where they started. Bad luck.

Ouch...sucks, was looking at him thinking he would be a good fit there.

Also interesting they passed on Lacy because of concern over his foot injury...then this.

This is gonna be a tripple RBBC with Dwyer, Redmond and LSH.

A mess I would not touch. Haley needs to do what he did in Arizona and just go with a wide open passing offense cause we have already watched Redmond and. Dwyer suck last year trading starts.

i think haley will do just that and it will be LSH on the field more than the others. and, in that package, LSH will be capable of 6 YPC against the nickle

Could be the steal of draft ..wish he was healthy to be more confident in him

Hope you didn't draft him.

This is also a wake up call for those who still mulling over Arian Foster in this week's drafts. Beware of potential damaged goods.

I like the guy that pointed out I was "wrong" in how he runs. LOL No, his running style is lateral. Just because you can pull out one youtube video showing otherwise means nothing. He runs to the edge too often and is constantly trying to gain yardage by moving laterally instead of North and South. I'm sorry, but if this is your MO in college, do you really believe you can snap your fingers and change it while coming into the NFL? No. A lateral running style does NOT fit in the NFL. It leads to injuries to the knees, feet and hips. Just because some guy can run through 220lb, well below average linebackers in college, does not mean he can run over anyone in the NFL. I hate to see a guy get injured, but c'mon.... People were hyping this guy like he was going to be a freaking superstar. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out whose style is and isn't going to fit in the NFL. A slower rookie back that runs side to side was being drafted as a RB2. How many people who drafted him as a RB2 even watched him in college? If you did, you would see he played inferior competition and wasn't a fit for a team with a poor run blocking line, nor a team in a division with some speedier linebackers. Bell should be part of a RBBC with a faster RB. The Steelers made a mistake and should have taken a smaller, shiftier guy. Why do they insist on the Mendenhall/Bell types? I hope Bell recovers and has a solid career, but those that defended him and drafted him early sort of got what they deserved. You should know by now to do your own homework and not listen to someone on an internet forum you don't even know. lol This hype train has derailed.

Does anybody else see Maury Povich making this announcement in your head???

LeVeon Bell.....

YOU do NOT require surgery!

:crowd goes wild:

ESPN NFL PIT - Steelers rookie RB Le'Veon Bell doesn't need surgery for mid-foot sprain but no word on return

Link

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin is optimistic rookie running back Le'Veon Bell's sprained right foot isn't as bad as it initially appeared. While Bell will miss Saturday night's preseason game against Kansas City, Tomlin said he's encouraged by how quickly the foot is responding to treatment.While Bell will miss Saturday night's preseason game against Kansas City, Tomlin said he's encouraged by how quickly the foot is responding to treatment. Tomlin said the foot will not require surgery, but he did not offer a timetable for a return. Sources told ESPN on Wednesday that if he does not need surgery, Bell is expected to miss six to eight weeks.

I dropped Bell. All the garbage about 6-8 weeks is nonsense, you dont mess with the lisfranc injury, hes done for the year.

Edit: Not lisfranc after all, guess thats my bad. Still not gonna be around for awhile and not 100 percent after that. I doubt pit will use their rookie as a workhorse midseason off injury.

I dropped Bell. All the garbage about 6-8 weeks is nonsense, you dont mess with the lisfranc injury, hes done for the year.

It was just confirmed it was not Lisfranc injury.

It was just confirmed it was not Lisfranc injury.

Oh, well thats life I guess. He was my RB 4 in a 10tm so wasnt too worried. My fault for acting hasty.

I like the guy that pointed out I was "wrong" in how he runs. LOL No, his running style is lateral. Just because you can pull out one youtube video showing otherwise means nothing. He runs to the edge too often and is constantly trying to gain yardage by moving laterally instead of North and South. I'm sorry, but if this is your MO in college, do you really believe you can snap your fingers and change it while coming into the NFL? No. A lateral running style does NOT fit in the NFL. It leads to injuries to the knees, feet and hips. Just because some guy can run through 220lb, well below average linebackers in college, does not mean he can run over anyone in the NFL. I hate to see a guy get injured, but c'mon.... People were hyping this guy like he was going to be a freaking superstar. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out whose style is and isn't going to fit in the NFL. A slower rookie back that runs side to side was being drafted as a RB2. How many people who drafted him as a RB2 even watched him in college? If you did, you would see he played inferior competition and wasn't a fit for a team with a poor run blocking line, nor a team in a division with some speedier linebackers. Bell should be part of a RBBC with a faster RB. The Steelers made a mistake and should have taken a smaller, shiftier guy. Why do they insist on the Mendenhall/Bell types? I hope Bell recovers and has a solid career, but those that defended him and drafted him early sort of got what they deserved. You should know by now to do your own homework and not listen to someone on an internet forum you don't even know. lol This hype train has derailed.

You are pretty "fool" of yourself. The guy has played 4 downs in the NFL and you declare him a bust? Calm down, let the kid play a game in the NFL before you go around saying I told you so. Maybe let him play an entire season. But 4 downs you run around pounding your chest?

Guys get hurt, little guys like Duce Staley and MJD got Lisfrancs. Tomlinson dealt with a sprained foot in his career as Jamal Charles just did.. Then you got other non vertical RBs like ADP, McGahee, JCharles, blowing their ACLs. Do they have the dreaded running style you talk about? Get over yourself already. People get hurt, even superstars. Because a kid gets hurt in his first game doesn't mean his career stops and you close the books on him now.

Is there some reason you are so passionate about this?

BTW you asked everyone to youtube Bell, just cause the video made you look like a fool is something you brought on yourself.

Let the kid play before you declare him a bust.

BTW2....its not a Lisfranc

Yep with Lisfranc he's guaranteed to be a dead spot on your bench until mid season.

If you are in a keeper or dynasty league, it may be worth your while to draft him late and plug him into your IR slot for the year with the hope hes worth having next year, but in a redraft league you are probably wasting a pick.

Yep with Lisfranc he's guaranteed to be a dead spot on your bench until mid season.

If you are in a keeper or dynasty league, it may be worth your while to draft him late and plug him into your IR slot for the year with the hope hes worth having next year, but in a redraft league you are probably wasting a pick.

It was reported NO lisfranc....

They went out and got Felix Jones.

At best, maybe Bell will give you a few games towards the end of the season. With roster spots limited, that's like a pile of dog dong sitting on your front door for 2 months. You can walk, jump or skip past it. It stinks and rots all the way to it's core. At the end, you might not even be able to use Bell because you are OUT of the playoffs.

Best thing to do is.

Do NOT DRAFT him.

At best, maybe Bell will give you a few games towards the end of the season. With roster spots limited, that's like a pile of dog dong sitting on your front door for 2 months. You can walk, jump or skip past it. It stinks and rots all the way to it's core. At the end, you might not even be able to use Bell because you are OUT of the playoffs.

Best thing to do is.

Do NOT DRAFT him.

Don't agree with above. You can hold onto a guy as a RB4 or RB5. Not sure why at best he will give you a few games toward the end. We still don't have enough information to know how long he is out for. Even at 8 weeks he returns after the bye week. DND? No. DND as your RB2 or RB3? Yes.

Best thing to do is.

Do NOT DRAFT him.

Correct.

The way Demarco Murray played after coming back from his foot sprain last year, if you have large roster limits or an IR spot, what would it hurt to stash away? It is a complete unknown though. By the time he plays there may already be a RB in place in Pitt.

You were dead wrong on every point. Clueless you were. He missed most of camp and the first few games and then got better with each game with an offensive line hardly known for their run blocking skills. By the end of the year he was as solid an all around RB as there was in the NFL. Dude is tough as nails too and already has that reputation amongst his pears.

You just had an unreasonable hatred for this guy for some reason?