Sign in to follow this  
phins1921

Is Roddy White a better pick over Larry Fitzgerald?

I have been debating this for the last few days. I love the fact that White is always very consistent every season but you have to wonder; One of these years, Jones is going to have a huge season and leave White in the dust. Is this the season it goes down?

With Fitzgerald, I cannot fathom in my wildest dreams, that he would have another pathetic season. To boot, he has a new head coach in Arias, who I think will get him the ball a lot more this year. Palmer is his QB, (I happen to like Palmer) and add in that the Cardinals have no running game and will be losing a lot in their games. It certainly would appear that on paper that this will be a great year for him.

Is there any real difference between the two? Is one better then the other? Would like some thoughts on it.

I am gonna have to say Fitz. The offense will suite him and he has a legit QB finally after many bad ones. White is still a good solid pick but I think Fitz upside is huge

White is what he is and that's not a bad thing. He's a safe pick. But in terms of pure talent, you can count the amount of NFL receivers who are better than Fitz on one finger. Put him in a passing offense with a QB who can get him the ball and he has a chance to put up enormous numbers. In this new offense I would put his floor about where Roddy's ceiling is.

White is what he is and that's not a bad thing. He's a safe pick. But in terms of pure talent, you can count the amount of NFL receivers who are better than Fitz on one finger. Put him in a passing offense with a QB who can get him the ball and he has a chance to put up enormous numbers. In this new offense I would put his floor about where Roddy's ceiling is.

+1

I still don't trust Palmer's arm. It's a toughy. Such a waste of talent.

Wow, majority for Roddy. With Arians and Palmer in AZ now, Fitzgerald's number should reflect is talent.

I'm booking him for top 5, finishing ahead of AJ Green

I have Fitzgerald back in the top 5 this year as well. They have him playing all different roles at wr this year. Palmer is actually a decent QB. Arians likes to pass and with a sub par running game you can bet that Fitzgerald will bounce back from his bad season last year. You guys are forgetting he was the #2 wr until last year when he had kolb throwing to him. Fitzgerald has TREMENDOUS upside and is going in rounds 3-5. I like that upside he has and you should see a nice wr1 again this year

Agreed. Roddy is the safe pick and he certainly won't hurt you, but of the current 3rd or 4th tier guys, Fitz has the greatest opportunity to make a push for the top-5.

I view him much like I did Marshall last year when I felt that he had a chance to jump into the top-5 being reunited with Cutler. Palmer may not be the golden boy he once was, but he's still competent enough to feed Fitz all day and he's a massive improvement over anything the Cards had last year.

I have been debating this for the last few days. I love the fact that White is always very consistent every season but you have to wonder; One of these years, Jones is going to have a huge season and leave White in the dust. Is this the season it goes down?

With Fitzgerald, I cannot fathom in my wildest dreams, that he would have another pathetic season. To boot, he has a new head coach in Arias, who I think will get him the ball a lot more this year. Palmer is his QB, (I happen to like Palmer) and add in that the Cardinals have no running game and will be losing a lot in their games. It certainly would appear that on paper that this will be a great year for him.

Is there any real difference between the two? Is one better then the other? Would like some thoughts on it.

i like fits better with palmer at qb

last night I took white over fitz in late 3rd and i'm having 2nd thoughts. we do have a .5 ppr scoring which probably benefits white a little more which was my thinking going in. though I think fitz does have more overall upside like everyone is saying. I hope I don't regret it. won't be a draft killer either way I suppose.

In Atlanta, Turner was never much of a threat to catch the ball. I believe that SJax will get a lot of catches in Atlanta. I also believe Julio will become the new favorite target downfield. White will produce, but he won't light it up. Fitz is the entire offense in Arizona, so I would pick him over White this year.

Finished my draft today and was faced with these two options. White or Fitz. I picked the receiver with the better QB.

You picked wrong

White is the safer pick. Fitz is the upside one.

New QB and coach should help tons but everyone seems quick to forget that Fitz was essentially unstartable last year.

In Atlanta, Turner was never much of a threat to catch the ball. I believe that SJax will get a lot of catches in Atlanta. I also believe Julio will become the new favorite target downfield. White will produce, but he won't light it up. Fitz is the entire offense in Arizona, so I would pick him over White this year.

i see your point, but he was the entire offense last year in ARZ. and how did that work out? I know, I know, Palmer is better than Kolb, but he isnt better than Warner. The warner years arent coming back.

also, good point with sjax catching more passes, but Jaquizz rodgers was used to catch balls last year in place of the stone handed Turner. Also, Tony Gonzo is a candidate to lose touches. he is old

Fantasy football is all about choosing between perceived "safe" players and perceived "boom or busts." I don't know about anyone else, but I take the high upside gamble every single time. Because at the end of the day, EVERY player is a gamble of some sort. And I'd rather put my chips on the one with the biggest return. There's no doubt that's Fitzgerald between these two.

I think you made my decision very easy. Sometimes in drafts like you said it is worthwhile to gamble every now and then and not take the safest pic. I think my gut told me from the get go, take Fitzgerald and see what comes of it. I think that will be my decision when it comes down to those two players. Thank you.

it all depends what you are looking for... roddy is almost a guarantee to get you around 1200yds and 8 TDs... so maybe if you have a team with a lot of risk you can put roddy in there to anchor in some steady production....

myself? I am liking fitzy's upside... i honestly don't think that either will disappoint you this year... have fun!

I had the option and went with Fitz. Who knows whether this is the year Julio goes crazy and catches everything.

The question is, when they play Tampa who is Revis covering. My guess is Julio. Ryan will lean towards the guy covered by the 2nd corner. Fitzy is the undisputed #1 in AZ. Nuff said