Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

Players you once drafted.....fantasy nostalgia

the first 3 rounds of my 2003 draft....

Draft Results

Round 1

1 Scorpions Ricky Williams (RB MIA)

2 Sorter 52 Marshall Faulk (RB STL)

3 Chop Blockers LaDainian Tomlinson (RB SD)

4 Terror Squad Clinton Portis (RB DEN)

5 Broncos Baby Priest Holmes (RB KC)

6 Golden Dragon Shaun Alexander (RB SEA)

7 Lickmynuts Deuce McAllister (RB NO)

8 Pink Panthers Ahman Green (RB GB)

9 All Boaters Marvin Harrison (WR IND)

10 X-Team Donovan McNabb (QB PHI)

11 Sea Dragons Daunte Culpepper (QB MIN)

12 Got U Back Terrell Owens (WR SF)

Round 2

13 Got U Back Travis Henry (RB BUF)

14 Sea Dragons Edgerrin James (RB IND)

15 X-Team DST Panthers (DST CAR)

16 All Boaters Corey Dillon (RB CIN)

17 Pink Panthers Randy Moss (WR MIN)

Holy crap! Carolina defense in round two!

Tim Brown

Isaac Bruce

Anthony Thomas

Jerome Bettis

David Boston

Shaun Alexander

Jeremy Shockey

Michael Bennett

Michael Pittman

T.J. Duckett

Lamont Jordan

Peerless Price

Derek Mason

Rod Smith

Joey Galloway

Jon Kitna

My first draft was in 1999. It was offline and TD only. I had no idea what I was doing and drafted a horrible team including Hearst because I didn't here that he blew out his knee. Also drafted Randal Cunningham and Antonio Freeman because I had no idea that RBs were so important.

I ended u winning the League.

My MVP......Leroy Freakin Hoard after he vulture 9 TDs from Robert Smith. Honorable mention....Derrick Mayes....only year he did anything in the NFL.

Great ones mentioned.

Can't believe no mention of Terry motherfu**in Allen. I landed him in my first draft in 96'. I also had Cris Carter and Herman Moore. It was magical. I also had Jeff George, he got hurt and replaced him with Bobby Hebert, he was an asswhole.

Robert Brooks

Carl Pickens

Yancy Thigpen

Tony Martin

My MVP......Leroy Freakin Hoard after he vulture 9 TDs from Robert Smith. Honorable mention....Derrick Mayes....only year he did anything in the NFL.

I loved Robert Smith, he ran like a gazelle.

I loved Robert Smith, he ran like a gazelle.

I loved Robert Smith in '99 because he ran like a gazelle to the 2 yard line and then let his FB punch it in.

I loved Robert Smith in '99 because he ran like a gazelle to the 2 yard line and then let his FB punch it in.

:lol:

If you needed 1 yard, he'd get you 3 yards.

If you needed 5 yards, he'd get you 3 yards.

1986 was my first year...joined the league with college buddies. It was started in 1982 when the commish was in 9th grade. Had to wait till Monday's USA Today...and again on Tuesday...sometimes Wednesday if MNF brought a late box score, to declare the winners.

Anyway....recall my first team consisted of....

James Brooks

Joe Morris

Al Toon

Ken O'Brien

Not sure who else.

Was kicking tail for the first 11 weeks as the Jets raced out to a 10-1 record, then they tanked with five straight losses to end the season...taking down the O'Brien/Toon tandem along with my FF team.

My first draft in 2007 (I won the championship btw)

1. (1) LaDainian Tomlinson(SD - RB) 2. (28) Willis McGahee(Den - RB) 3. (29) Andre Johnson(Hou - WR) 4. (56) Jon Kitna(Dal - QB) 5. (57) Dallas(Dal - DEF) 6. (84) Bernard Berrian(Min - WR) 7. (85) Jamal Lewis(Cle - RB) 8. (112) Dallas Clark(Bal - TE) 9. (113) Jason Elam(Den - K) 10. (140) Kevin Curtis(Ten - WR) 11. (141) Mike Vrabel(KC - DL) 12. (168) Jeff Garcia(Hou - QB) 13. (169) Bobby Wade(Was - WR) 14. (196) Eric Johnson(NO - TE) 15. (197) Leon Washington(NE - RB) 16. (224) Patrick Crayton(NO - WR)

Playing since 95.

Best Memories - Terrell Davis run in late 90s won a superbowl, Picking Randall Cunningham late then he replaced Brad Johnson 97 career year, Amani Toomer 3 tds vs indy in Super Bowl 2001 i think, Ricky Watters with philly, OJ McDuffie aka reception magnet w Marino,

1. Trading Terrell Davis at my wedding reception for Randy Moss in 2000....Landed in Denver, TD hurt in clothes on sideline....RMoss 3td vs Lions.

1. Worst Memories - Had a 40pt lead going into Monday night game for Super Bowl. SF vs Minn 95. I had Steve young 4td pass 1 rush and 400 pass and lost.

He had Jerry rice 16-281 4td plus Warren Moon and wr Jake Reed. Lost by 5pts. uhhhhh.

Headed back to college and listening to radio on Sunday night football......atl starting qb Jeff George was benched and never played again due to Arguing with the Coach........UHHHHHHH

I used to always draft Fred Taylor and jimmy smith. I remember rod smith, robert smith and Who did not want Barry sanders??!

Best was my buddy started a league in 89' and in he acrylic 90's had drafted rice and young.

No particular order:

Joe Aska (aka One-Eye)

Rocket Ismail

Jake Reed

Charlie Garner

Terry Glenn

Adrian Murrell

Joe Horn

the first 3 rounds of my 2003 draft....

Draft Results

Round 1

1 Scorpions Ricky Williams (RB MIA)

2 Sorter 52 Marshall Faulk (RB STL)

3 Chop Blockers LaDainian Tomlinson (RB SD)

4 Terror Squad Clinton Portis (RB DEN)

5 Broncos Baby Priest Holmes (RB KC)

6 Golden Dragon Shaun Alexander (RB SEA)

7 Lickmynuts Deuce McAllister (RB NO)

8 Pink Panthers Ahman Green (RB GB)

9 All Boaters Marvin Harrison (WR IND)

10 X-Team Donovan McNabb (QB PHI)

11 Sea Dragons Daunte Culpepper (QB MIN)

12 Got U Back Terrell Owens (WR SF)

Round 2

13 Got U Back Travis Henry (RB BUF)

14 Sea Dragons Edgerrin James (RB IND)

15 X-Team DST Panthers (DST CAR)

16 All Boaters Corey Dillon (RB CIN)

17 Pink Panthers Randy Moss (WR MIN)

18 Lickmynuts Eddie George (RB TEN)

19 Golden Dragon Jamal Lewis (RB BAL)

20 Broncos Baby Stephen Davis (RB CAR)

21 Terror Squad Fred Taylor (RB JAC)

22 Chop Blockers William Green (RB CLE)

23 Sorter 52 Rich Gannon (QB OAK)

24 Scorpions Peyton Manning (QB IND)

Round 3

25 Scorpions Tiki Barber (RB NYG)

26 Sorter 52 Amos Zereoue (RB PIT)

27 Chop Blockers Aaron Brooks (QB NO)

28 Terror Squad Eric Moulds (WR BUF)

29 Broncos Baby Kurt Warner (QB STL)

30 Golden Dragon Drew Bledsoe (QB BUF)

31 Lickmynuts Joe Horn (WR NO)

32 Pink Panthers Curtis Martin (RB NYJ)

33 All Boaters Brett Favre (QB GB)

34 X-Team Charlie Garner (RB OAK)

35 Sea Dragons Jeff Garcia (QB SF)

36 Got U Back Michael Vick (QB ATL)

Haha love this post!! Well done, Seadog! I got that nostalgic feeling in my gut of being an arrogant high school kid with blonde highlights that supported a "Backstreet Boy with an Attitude" look. It's amazing how fantasy football names are directly associated with remembering who you were at a certain time in your life. Amen to all of us FF geeks who can relate to that feeling! Some hilarious, long forgotten throwbacks in this post: Amos Zereoue, William Green, Aaron Brooks, and of course, Eric Moulds...who started opposite of the fantasy flash in the pan, Peerless Price!! Cheers to NewbieJr for starting this thread.

1986 was my first year...joined the league with college buddies. It was started in 1982 when the commish was in 9th grade. Had to wait till Monday's USA Today...and again on Tuesday...sometimes Wednesday if MNF brought a late box score, to declare the winners.

Anyway....recall my first team consisted of....

James Brooks

Joe Morris

Al Toon

Ken O'Brien

Not sure who else.

Was kicking tail for the first 11 weeks as the Jets raced out to a 10-1 record, then they tanked with five straight losses to end the season...taking down the O'Brien/Toon tandem along with my FF team.

Remember the NBC analyst who (correctly) predicted the Jets would not win a single game the rest of the year? I can't remember his name, but Bob Costas looked at him like he was nuts.

Scott Mitchel

Fred Lane

Steve Young

Brett Perriman

my fave

Eric Metcalf !!

on our 25th Anniversary this year in FF with more or less the same group of guys.

Best pick that I recall, and can't remember the year, was Eric Dickerson. He was king back in the day... Oh, and Barry Sanders wasn't too shaby either.

I started 2002 and the league is still going strong. Live drafts at the bar is still going strong. I had the #2 pick in 2002. I remember Ricky Williams went #1 and I took a 2nd year player named LaDainian Tomlinson. The league is a 1 keeper league so needless to say he was my keeper for a loooong time. I remember the stud RB's Priest Holmes, Alexander, Larry Johnson for a few years, Stephen Davis/DeShaun Foster, McCalister for a few years. Fred Taylor was one of my favorites, always put up great numbers receiving and rushing. Also Jimmy Smith was mister reliable. Great WR's were Moss, TO, Bruce Smith, Holt (reminds me of Roddy White), DJax/Koren Robinson a couple of years. One of my best QB's was McNair the year he won co-MVP and i always wanted Culpepper and Moss combo but never worked out. Ah the countless players taking up space in memory....Domanick Davis, Rod Smith, Brian Westbook, Curtis Martin, Tiki Barber, terrible Kevan Barlow (spent a 1st rounder on him one season), the Bus, Fast Willie Parker, Hines Ward, Warrick Dunn, Isaac Bruce, Jamal Lewis....

I drafted marshall faulk and Terrell Davis both in a dynasty league on exit 42 and dominated the league.

Warrick Dunn

Alvin Harper

Wayne Chrebet

Ed McCaffrey

Tyrone Wheatley

Curtis Martin

Larry Centers

Eric Metcalf

Tim Brown

Ben Coats

Best pick ever: Terrell Davis.... there has never been anything like him. Worst- Lamont Jordan, round 1, 2006

Ah. A trip down amnesia lane and our draft 10 years ago. We didn't move to CBS until then...

7 Priest Holmes (RB KC)

18 Stephen Davis (RB CAR)

31 Hines Ward (WR PIT)

42 Donald Driver (WR GB)

55 Todd Heap (TE BAL)

66 Matt Hasselbeck (QB SEA)

79 Stacey Mack (RB HOU)

90 Darrell Jackson (WR SEA)

103 Jon Kitna (QB CIN)

114 Onterrio Smith (RB MIN)

127 DST Patriots (DST NE)

138 Muhsin Muhammad (WR CAR)

151 Adam Vinatieri (K NE)

162 Freddie Jones (TE ARI)

175 Kyle Boller (QB BAL)

186 Tony Richardson (RB KC)

Out of the seven hole. And I never benched Stephen Davis that year, even on bye week.

My only undefeated season ever went like this:

1.11 Curtis Martin

2.02 Marshall Faulk

3.11 Marvin Harrison

somewhere around the 15th round Steve Beuerlein who was the #2 QB of the year

:lol:

My 1st team for the '98-'99 season (Doesn't include every player as I don't remember all of my minor players). Also my best team in my entire 15 years. Went 15-1 and breezed through the playoffs and Superbowl. 14 teams with 3 mandatory running backs/week and 4 mandatory WR/TE per week.:

QB: Marino, O'Donnell, Kerry Collins (Revolving door that changed almost every week)

RB: Terrell Davis (2000+ yards), Marshall Faulk (Breakout season, 2000+ all purpose), Jamal Anderson (1800 yds breakout season)

WR: Randy Moss (Amazing rookie year), Marvin Harrison (First good, but not great year), Mushin Muhammed (1st good, but not great year), Frank Wychek

K: Gary Anderson (Perfect year, had 20+ points for me multiple weeks).

With 14 teams and mandatory 3 running backs, there were weeks when Davis, Faulk, and Anderson would outscore my opponent's entire team.

Shaun Alexander - he was a steal in 2001 and came on late in the season to lead my team to the championship.

Priest Holmes in 2003 - he lead my completely dominant team that year.

Deshaun Jakson-rookie year.

Arian Foster-breakout year

Adrian Peterson-rookie year

CJ Spiller-rookie year and last year

Doug Martin-last year

Drew Brees and Kurt Warner, 2009?(Can't remember the exact year but they were like the #1 and #2 QBs that season)

Gronk in 2011. I picked him up off the FA list in the 2nd week.

Yeah, I rock with young unheard of players.

I got David Wilson this year.((((very hopeful)))

No fantasy football prior to the Internet? Think again. You scored your team from the morning newspaper, and if the Monday night game ran late, you often didn't find out who won until Wednesday. Street & Smith was the bible, and it was usually a few months old by the time your draft rolled around. We routinely drafted guys who were dead, in prison, retired or bagging groceries. It was all TDs because that's pretty much all the papers had space to print. It was a work league, and we were given a bulletin board where standings and trade offers were posted wherever you could find the space.

In 1986 I wrote a program in BASIC that put our league "online" at a blazing 300 baud. The response was underwhelming. Figuring computers and fantasy football had no future together, I deleted the thing a few months later because I needed a blank floppy disk and what possible market could exist for something like this?

99' Randy Moss and Antonio Freeman.

Had the 12th pick in a 12 man league that season went Randy Moss and Torry Holt back-to-back.