Sign in to follow this  
kozmiq

Marshawn Lynch

Peterson # 1. I see it.

Doug Martin at # 2. Okay.

But when I see Charles and Spiller and Richardson ahead of Lynch, I wonder why.

Seattle seems to be more able to keep the ball on offense than the others.

Charles got 5 TDs last year and Spiller just 6 while Lynch had 11. And Cleveland just plain sucks.

Yet I don't see Lynch ranked ahead of any of these 3 anywhere.

I'm picking 4th OA and unless someone convinces me these other 3 are more inclined to outdo Lynch, then he's my pick.

Am I crazy? Am I missing something?

In PPR, Lynch's value drops a bit because he doesn't catch many balls as he is a 2 down back.

In PPR, Lynch's value drops a bit because he doesn't catch many balls as he is a 2 down back.

I don't play that sissy PPR game. (honestly, I don't see why it's so popular) Jmo

But you do make a good point.

Don't worry about their rankings. I feel like lynch is gonna be a beast again. No reason to doubt him this year. Take him and be happy like I am

I believe he's ranked #2 on NFL.com now

THAT is very good to see.

I want to thank both all 3 of you for your input.

Now I'm wondering what to do if Lynch goes at 3. Who do I take at 4 in a nonPPR? Hmmmm.

THAT is very good to see.

I want to thank both all 3 of you for your input.

Now I'm wondering what to do if Lynch goes at 3. Who do I take at 4 in a nonPPR? Hmmmm.

Easy. Rice or foster.

I think it's because Lynch isn't the sexy pick...He's been in the league a long time (for his age), has some mileage, and isn't all that exciting to watch.

However, I think he's the safest RB pick after AP. You know what you're going to get and he's consistent from week to week.

Lynch just got paid

He is absolutley the type of player that I would worry about after a contract year.

He pulls a hammy and he and his agent will decide to not risk further injury... which will allow him to sit on sideline and eat his skittles while thinking of ways to blow his new found money on gold teeth and ninja motorcycles

Peterson # 1. I see it.

Doug Martin at # 2. Okay.

But when I see Charles and Spiller and Richardson ahead of Lynch, I wonder why.

Seattle seems to be more able to keep the ball on offense than the others.

Charles got 5 TDs last year and Spiller just 6 while Lynch had 11. And Cleveland just plain sucks.

Yet I don't see Lynch ranked ahead of any of these 3 anywhere.

I'm picking 4th OA and unless someone convinces me these other 3 are more inclined to outdo Lynch, then he's my pick.

Am I crazy? Am I missing something?

lol in ppr leagues richardson scored the same amount of points as lynch because he is used a lot more in the passing game same as charles and spiller. i think lynch is a beast . but he sure has had a lot of att last few seasons and i think the wilson will pass even more in the red zone imo .i think thats the reason .

Lynch just got paid

He is absolutley the type of player that I would worry about after a contract year.

He pulls a hammy and he and his agent will decide to not risk further injury... which will allow him to sit on sideline and eat his skittles while thinking of ways to blow his new found money on gold teeth and ninja motorcycles

Actually, Lynch got paid before the start of last season in March of 2012. He followed up with his best year. The whole "he got paid" thing with Lynch isn't and shouldn't be a factor when drafting him.

Good analysis though...

I think the possibility of a suspension from the DUI is a concern with a lot of folks.

The trial is rescheduled for December and there zero chance he gets suspended this upcoming season.

I don't play that sissy PPR game. (honestly, I don't see why it's so popular) Jmo

Well said, :thumbsup:

I drafted Lynch and im not worried about him. Hes a beast and you should get some nice production out of him

I expect Seattle to run him into the ground this season. He is actually the player I would most want to handcuff due to the talent behind him, the only problem is both backups are great. Turbin and "the girl" are really good so who do you choose? Just a hunch but, I am predicting he breaks in late Oct/early Nov and "the girl" takes over and is a star making him expendable next year.

Also his upside is somewhat limited, he will get you top 10 RB numbers probably but he won't give you top 5 potential. Most of us love players with high floors and infinite ceilings this time of the year thats why there are so many RB "busts" each year. He is a solid and unspectacular mid to late first round pick but its a safe pick.

The trial is rescheduled for December and there zero chance he gets suspended this upcoming season.

this. I would be more worried about Michael eating into his touches, especially if they are looking to rest Lynch later in the season.

After AP it's a toss up. I'd have no problem taking Martin, Charles, Spiller, or McCoy. I'd be a little gunshy on Foster until after those 4. Out of those 4 I'd lean towards McCoy and Spiller.

PPR can be sissy like you said. I hate seeing a RB catch a ball for no gain get a point.

Actually, Lynch got paid before the start of last season in March of 2012. He followed up with his best year. The whole "he got paid" thing with Lynch isn't and shouldn't be a factor when drafting him.

Good analysis though...

Agree to disagree

you obviously just drafted him or are a seahawks fan.

Whenever it was he got paid... there were probaly incentives laced into that contract... lynch is trouble waiting to happen. look deep into the eyes of one marshawn lynch and you will see a skittle/ painkiller eating problem incarnate. you may have never been around someone with a drug problem.

he's not a leader... I will save this post so I can call you out by wk 7

PPR can be sissy like you said. I hate seeing a RB catch a ball for no gain get a point.

Or get hit behind line of scrimmage for a loss and get a point

Agree to disagree

you obviously just drafted him or are a seahawks fan.

Whenever it was he got paid... there were probaly incentives laced into that contract... lynch is trouble waiting to happen. look deep into the eyes of one marshawn lynch and you will see a skittle/ painkiller eating problem incarnate. you may have never been around someone with a drug problem.

he's not a leader... I will save this post so I can call you out by wk 7

Good logic there Doctor. You must be either hallucinating or a niner fan.

Good logic there Doctor. You must be either hallucinating or a niner fan

LOL actually a Panthers fan but... I know a user when I see one, been there myself. CJ2K has the same look to me.

Its only my opinion, don't get mad bro

PPR is silly, Non-PPR is silly, .5 PPR is where it's at :thumbsup:

Lynch is a solid pick. People pass on him because his ceiling isn't very high, but he's as safe as it comes.

this. I would be more worried about Michael eating into his touches, especially if they are looking to rest Lynch later in the season.

After AP it's a toss up. I'd have no problem taking Martin, Charles, Spiller, or McCoy. I'd be a little gunshy on Foster until after those 4. Out of those 4 I'd lean towards McCoy and Spiller.

I think this poster is closest to what will happen. Lynch is a safe pick - but one where 'safe' is worth it around position #8. The problem I see is that both Turbin and Michael are very solid (and I think Michael could be spectacular in the future). They'll get work in the second half of games which are no longer up for grabs - and judging the 'Hawks as we've seen them so far, that could be quite a bit.

In fact, the only games where I DON'T see that is in games - like against SF - where Lynch will be beating against a great D line. So: I think Lynch will underperform his ADP by about 3-7 spots.

first off why call ppr sissy? everybody has their likes and there are arguments for both but what is the same is the passion and love for it.... as for lynch i agree his ceiling is a little lower he is a safe pick as far as what to expect ...... people love going after the flashy player with higher upside in either formats I like a guy that scores consistantly rather get a guy i know is good for certain amount of points weekly rather then how many they end up with by end of the year i have seen guys that outscore players at end of year but have 3-4 huge games and a few really bad games ..... jmo

I think this poster is closest to what will happen. Lynch is a safe pick - but one where 'safe' is worth it around position #8. The problem I see is that both Turbin and Michael are very solid (and I think Michael could be spectacular in the future). They'll get work in the second half of games which are no longer up for grabs - and judging the 'Hawks as we've seen them so far, that could be quite a bit.

In fact, the only games where I DON'T see that is in games - like against SF - where Lynch will be beating against a great D line. So: I think Lynch will underperform his ADP by about 3-7 spots.

I hear this but they had 3 blow outs last season. Buffalo, Zona and SF. Lynch still got 100 and a td in all of them.

Sure that might not happen again but I don't think we should think this team is just gonna bulldoze people and Lynch is gonna be on the sidelines. In a couple of those blowouts he busted out a 3rd quarter td run.

I hear you. I think non PPR is actually the sissiest sissy game for sissies.

I play -1 point per reception.

BOOM

• Like 2

Lynch is a solid pick. People pass on him because his ceiling isn't very high, but he's as safe as it comes.

We give .33 in my league and it seems to work great, we have also used .25 which works well also.

I have Lynch raked ahead of Richardson because Cleveland stinks, and Seattle will move the chains. I'm not on the Doug Martin bandwagon just because everybody else is drinking the cool-aid...he's good, but having 2 good games does not make him a top 3 pick. I do think that J Charles will shine this season because A. Reid will use him more, and KC is a much improved team. So I'd probably take J Charles ahead of Lynch.

I have Lynch raked ahead of Richardson because Cleveland stinks, and Seattle will move the chains. I'm not on the Doug Martin bandwagon just because everybody else is drinking the cool-aid...he's good, but having 2 good games does not make him a top 3 pick. I do think that J Charles will shine this season because A. Reid will use him more, and KC is a much improved team. So I'd probably take J Charles ahead of Lynch.

LOL, the old "take away his big games" theory... If you take away J Charles' two big games last year, he only rushed for 1000 yds...

Don't see why people are down on EVERY RB that was in the top 5 last year. Rice, foster, lynch these are the guys who are consistently in the top 10. Don't see why people worry about fosters injuries or rice losing carries to pierce or lynch. To performing. Same things are said every year and every year these guys are as reliable as they come. Don't worry about them. They will be as reliable as they were last year. Draft them, play them, reap the benefits